/owg/ - Overwatch General

Here comes T.Racer!

>New assault (2CP) map: Horizon Lunar Colony is live! Yes, that includes in competitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Upcoming changes to the Highlights (PotG) system and the lootbox drop rates (fewer duplicates, more coins for your dupes) are coming soon™.
>You can check them out on the PTR now, along with the new crosshair shape and color options.
youtube.com/watch?v=OkYJlPMdWNA

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2d4uZ52wnX8
youtube.com/watch?v=FU26cBacEXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>played a 6 round volskya as mercy
>did ~25k healing
>won 60 sr
thanks

Reminder for mercy mains to kill themselves.

I hope your matches go well today

I have the slight feeling McCree would be a really fun character to play as if I could aim that goddamn gun

Season 5 is dumb as fuck. I´ve been playing really bad, but for some reason I´m still only 50 SR below my season 4 high.

Soldier ult charge nerf by 25% when?

I'm going to lose 200 SR today, I can feel it

then stay with a 2 or 3 stack, dipshit.

>started playing game in December, never having played any FPS on PC before
>career high is 2600, currently in 2250 gold
>just got silver portrait today

I'm so bad at this game, why do I even play

Will Mei save us from dive comp?

Dude it's like the shittiest part about him. What rank are you that Soldier is ulting and not getting flown at immediately by Dva or raped by winston?

silver border just means youve put a lot of time into the games, not necessarily that your skill is increasing. sure, a high level is sometimes indicative of high skill, but it doesnt mean youve actually paid attention to how you play, and made adjustments based on that.

try messing with your control settings a bit, fool around in training range.

Mercy has to do that for you as well? Aren't you supposed to be the one killing her? Or can you nor your stupid fucks not even manage that much?

How does it feel to be dominated by arguably the weakest character in the game? Do you get off on it? Or is it that you are legitimately that feeble minded and weak?

Wow really? I got the game on launch and only recently got the silver portrait.

For never having played a PC FPS before I say 2250 is impressive

i don't get this meme
i literally gain 27 sr whenever i play her

>playing boopsio on KOTH
>enemy hanzo with gold bow tries to 1v1 me
>little does he know lucio is best dps
>kick his ass

>Playing the game for ranks
>Not just enjoying Super Smash Bros With Guns: Shimada Simulator

Not unless her ultimate charge rate increases cause right now your only option is to get lucky long range headshots

ultimate rate buff would break her again, if its too much. they have to be really fucking careful with that.

You'd be surprised how many people don't want to play D.Va in Masters

;(

But she one shots Tracers and can wall off a Winston and freeze him in the middle of the entire team

Even just 1450 -> 1375 drop would be very noticeable, I'm not asking for a tracer-like charge speed.

is it because of baby dvas squishy nubile body
i think i came

>be 3400
>more often than not get matched with 5 Masters
>be blamed for everything that goes wrong
Fug :D

The reason I'm pissed is because I have to work blue collar 12hrs a day to keep me and my family going whilst this little gobshite gets to act all pretentious like on Twitter and Tumblr, writing a non existant story whilst wavin his hands sayin 'OOOOO whats gonna happen next', when even he doesn't know. I know for a fact he is probably getting payed more than everyone here combined to do a sum total of fuck all, and for some reason everyone here defends him. He is shit, and needs to go. I haven't even touched on any of his other 'storylines' such as
>the 11yr old genius that bested top military engineers in her field despite using what was effectively a Mechano set
>the bastion that for some reason decided he will take a hike through the North sea because reasons, despite the fact the Black forest is in central Germany and he would have been seen after he left the forest for more than 10 mins
>the Soldier in Mexico, but Ohh, wait, now hes in Egypt, with no explanation of how he crossed an Ocean without being seen (you know, most wanted status and all)
>the beaner with a good enough internet connection to be an international haxx0r

Chu is shit and needs to go. In a year, most authors/writers can get a moderate amount through a novel. If the sum total of Chu's work is 4-5 hard statements each, about a total of 24 heros (as well as a little bit more on the side here and there for background information) then my 8yr old daughter could probably do a better job than his useless ass

Its not that fact he works at Blizzard on a fucking game, its because people like him are allowed to exist and for some reason others give them a pass on it

>>the 11yr old genius that bested top military engineers in her field despite using what was effectively a Mechano set
>>the bastion that for some reason decided he will take a hike through the North sea because reasons, despite the fact the Black forest is in central Germany and he would have been seen after he left the forest for more than 10 mins
>>the Soldier in Mexico, but Ohh, wait, now hes in Egypt, with no explanation of how he crossed an Ocean without being seen (you know, most wanted status and all)
>>the beaner with a good enough internet connection to be an international haxx0r

What is suspension of disbelief?

Do you get angry how none of the terrorists noticed Tony Stark was not building a missile but a colossal robot suit instead?

>mfw finished top 500 but no OW league email

>Chu is shit and needs to go. In a year, most authors/writers can get a moderate amount through a novel. If the sum total of Chu's work is 4-5 hard statements each, about a total of 24 heros (as well as a little bit more on the side here and there for background information) then my 8yr old daughter could probably do a better job than his useless ass

There's this Harry Potter guy and he was almost killed by an evil wizard and he goes to the british wizard boarding school and thwarts his plan to come back every year just as close to summer as he can.

Ta fucking dah, everything can be trivialized.

I work 8 hours a day and sometimes more on some side jobs plus uni that I'm paying on my own because of shit credentials needed.

Not to mention in a year most writers/authors won't do much because of bullshit like "inspiration". I don't know, I don't fucking write books but writing term papers doesn't take me more than three hours tops.

If anything, it's kind of embarrassing that you're getting this worked up.

Someone in my friendslist literally went from diamond in season 3 playing roadhog to GM season 5 playing mercy only

>first two games of the night have been lost because of leavers
>join match with some guy called 'aimbot'
>team does well enough first round
>he demands that our sombra swap off
>she declines
>he proceeds to walk from spawn to off a cliff for the next three rounds
>"I was carrying you guys, I'm not the bad guy here"
>lose 35 SR for the game

Three games, three leavers/throwers in a row. What's the point of comp?

Which character mains do you despise the most?
If the answer is Mercy, you have to name one other at least.
>Mercy
>Symmetra

Tracer because these motherfuckers can't stand still for one fucking second holy shit FUCK

There was a clip of TimTheTatman with GM Mercy who was Bronze (1200-ish) Pharah in season 3.

Genji mains.

Same: Mercy, Symmetra

Mercy
Torb

Yeah there's a lot of that, it's pretty funny.

That Lucio party member who tries only to get environmental kills.

>3400sr
>no one picks tanks here anymore
>just 4 dps and 2 heals
>if you do decide to pick tank your ignored by your entire team
>pick winston on koth and dive the 2 supports
>nah youll just die since it takes 5 people to kill 1 tracer
>this has happend 4 games in a row
>1 away from masters and then this shit
forced 50 is real

Golden guns lmfao

>Have to search both D.Va and Dva to find any D.Va related posts

I am a Mercy main and not ashamed of it.

I try to pick Mercy first, but if there are other healers I can take tank (D.VA, Roadhog) or Defense (Torb). I prefer not to take offense since I suck at shooting.

I suck at shooting and just glad I can help other people with their eliminations.

It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I am a sub bitch who gets his ding dong up when thinking about being a cumbucket to a tank with beefy healthbar

What the fuck is going on with competitive SR?
In earlier seasons you would actually lose more SR for a loss than a win. But now I'm actually climbing the ladder with fucking less than 40% winrate. I get ~40 SR a win and only lose like 17~18 per loss the fuck

win streak gives more SR

I'm sorry, I have ADHD ;_;

Stop bullying mercybabes

Consider playing MMO's then. You won't be despised for being a healslut and will be able to get your erp as a cheap whore.

Genji
They're all genuinely terrible at the game, but still faceroll with their broken ult and then think they're so incredibly skilled when they can't even hit a fucking stationary target with their shurikens.

Suspension of disbelief is when there are a few fundamental rules to a universe which 'just are'. Harry Potter has Magic. Iron Man has the cave scene as well as the fucking suit being able to fly. There is no workaround otherwise it wouldnt make sense to the plot as a whole or it would take an exorbitant amount of time to resolve as long as everything else is justified, then I see nothing wrong. But lets say Harry Potter shoots lasers from his eyes and kills Voldemort from across the planet with no explanation, you would feel slightly pissed.

Overwatch I can suspend my disbelief for a Gorilla scientist. Or a edgy ghost man. Or a jetpack with apparently no fuel pack. Or floating robots. They just are because otherwise nothing makes sense.
But when there are insults to my intelligence such as the Pharah dad situation, which could easily have been worked around on a plot basis with 1 or 2 sentences of official dialogue in a comic see the Helix director shit I came up with in 2 minutes then its the fault if bad writing. Nothing else.
As I said before, Chu is a fundamentally shit writer and people should stop giving him passes or even congratulating him for his shit work

I don't know. I suppose I am getting too invested in this, but Chu is a representation of most of what I hate about kids these days. Lazy, pretentious pieces of shit who always get a pat on their backs for existing, who haven't done a day of hard work in their lives.

Even on a time basis, it took George R.R.Martin about 2 years to finish one of his Game of Thrones books-of which has very few plotholes. Sure, suspend the disbelief for the dragons and the white walkers, but yeah, everything else is justified.
Love her of hate her for her SJW views, but J.K. Rowling finished most Harry Potter books in under 2 years and they aren't flat out insulting to the reader, suspend the disbelief for magic. And she was a newcomer to the industry

I only recently purchased Overwatch after free weekend?

Is lore any good? Who are these people?

Lore is below african tier, Game is amazing for the first 24hrs, dropping to a moderately good 24hrs+

Nah, MMOs suck, desu.

Overwatch is addicting because of it plays like a goddamn mobile game. You can just pick it up, play for 5 minutes and boom match has ended up. It's quick and can be fun at times.

With MMOs you must sink in hundreds of hours to start doing interesting shit. And hundreds of dollars too.

Your first 100 levels will be your most fond. Unless you're unlucky and run in to a bunch of smurf fucks.

Just watch the shorts and read the comics and you'll probably be confused why people are fighting but atleast you get to see some characters in motion.

As a general rule, a character's design is deeper than the character's lore and will tell you everything you need to know. There is potential, but the lead writer is pretty bad, as an angery user shitposting above us explains.

That's a bummer. Even fucking normies love these Pixar-ass characters already and they haven't even attempted to build something interesting around them.

Welcome to the infuriatingly bad world of Chu.
Worse thing is that if it accepted that it was a goofy hero shooter with a gorilla scientist and a cyborg ninja, I' be OK with it. But Chu insists it's something more than that, something reeeeally deep man.

Oh yeah, to keep it PG, there is little tit game, but the ass game is on point

>backup support as Zen because we have a healer in Ana
>our winston of all people says "zen switch to mercy"
Fuck that, i'd rather depend on my own abilities than put it all on the line with a random, especially obe who clearly doesnt know how decent zenston is

The upside is that, because the "canon" is nonexistent and also shit, fans get to do literally anything they want with cool pre-existing designs

Make it triple-edged sword.

What the fuck, why did they change streetpig AGAIN? I've been gone like a few weeks and I come back to shitters having cried their way into destroying a character once again.

>That nose
>Those lips
>That trying too hard expression

>I've been gone like a few weeks and I come back to shitters having cried their way into destroying a character once again.
Pharah will probably be next.

Koreanigger

i'd like to see someone seriously defend OW's map design

Am I edgy enough now /owg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=2d4uZ52wnX8

When i was in high plat (2900 SR) every second player was a girl (often support main or D.Va).
Now when i'm in middle Silver i see barely any girls.
The same when i watch some streamers, it's seems like there are shitloads of girls in Master and Grandmaster.

Why are girls always in higher ranks, why are they so good?
Pic related, that's how the average mercy main GM looks like.

Then when they decide to do something the fans get pissy as all fuck because it doesn't fit their headcanon.

Looking at you Emily, Genji, and Mercy.

>make a couple of friends on ogrewatch
>they live a short plane ride away
>have no other friends so end up going over to visit for 2 weeks
>the gamer couple that's part of their group are in an "open" relationship and I end up fugging the girl before I leave
>can feel the elephant in the room as we all say our goodbyes

What the fuck is wrong with people that play this game

Thanks for subscribing to my blog

Like a skeleton with plastic piled on?

>Why are they so good?

Asking the wrong questions. It's just them duo-queueing with GM players because a female voice on voice comms immediately gets you 10 invites per minute.

You can walk around in them

>he says this while he posts in a Chinese Picture Carton run by a nip
>>>/@/

>Going in solo
>Basically at the capture point anyways
>Didn't use the Gabe skin, edgiest of all the skins
>Didn't use the clap emote
>Didn't use the thanks spray

I'd say you did pretty good user. Well done, feel good about yourself.

>the gamer couple that's part of their group are in an "open" relationship and I end up fugging the girl before I leave
How did you not see the elephant as soon as you found this out?

>Drawn on face

congrats on losing virginity

youtube.com/watch?v=FU26cBacEXw

How didi they get an elephant in their house? She wasn't THAT desparate was she?

Holy shit dive comp is fun, better than the shitty triple tank bs.

>Exact same comp on every map
Vs
>Same comp on all maps bar CP

I preferred TriTank tbqhfamalam but I liked Deathball even more

right after the 1 hero limit had the best comp meta

now EU and korea is all mirror comps with minor variations

USA is a bit different since they run pharmercy more

really getting stale

>No Tank
>No Healer
>Another leave will result in a loss for the rest of the season

What do /owg/?

>Blackwatch is edgiest
Blackwatch is the sexiest though

Definitely can't defend every map, but I will say why Dorado and Ilios are objectively the best designed maps.

These maps work for practically every character and have plenty of cover and accessible height for both teams. Hybrids are always advantageous to defense and the other KotH maps always have shortcomings to height.

That's ultimately why Pharah can fucking dominate in a lot of maps, and why other characters are useless on maps that aren't 2cp. They should've all been designed for every character, not just Tracer and Reinhardt.

Exactly.
He's back. In black

Hero limiting hurt the meta in the end ironically.
It's more cancerous than before, it just looks prettier.

Most people complaining about Dive are Reinhardt and Ana mains that struggle to adapt tbqh

>forgetting d.va and tracer overtime spam
>double tracer
>double winston
>double lucio
>not the most cancerous comp to ever exist
rose tinted glasses

I swear there are more idiots in comp than there are in QP

>Built around Tracer and Rein
But saying that would imply there are no verttcal based maps in th-

I wonder what would be the meta team if no limits was still the meta.
I mean the chemistry between Tracer and Lucio wouldn't work because of Lucio's rework

So YOU pick tank and healer omg isn't that obvious?
If you can't do this and can't carry your teams you are NOT WORTHY of going up, system is working as intended.

it would still work
2 tracers are impossible to keep track of even for pros
lucio still works because of tracers mobility and recall

Double tracer is hardly any worse than what we have now. It's the exact same thing with forced hero diversity IE half your team has to pick the second best heroes.

>2 tracers are impossible to keep track of even for pros
>implying that triple torbjorn wouldn't become meta just to deal with it

How do i solo climb to top 500 as a mercy main like all the other girls?