/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread DICE Edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 6/16/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload On PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/7463087/does-insect-is-shipper-v3-spoilers-at-the-end
aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/6394863/top-5-notps-and-otps-drv3-spoilers
aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/6460571/protagonists-antagonists-v3-spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=dUhEU7gzEBs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best edition!

I want Meaty to shove a baguette down my throat.

Koko! Has a thread with his DICE buddies!

Angie and her beloved Saihara!

This wigs me out every time because it looks a hell of a lot like my cat.

Reminder that Kaitofucker wants to fuck Kaito.

Ishi!

I hate clowns

I love Junko!

You are like a little baby.
aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/7463087/does-insect-is-shipper-v3-spoilers-at-the-end

You adopted Ryoma? Are you keeping him away from shuttlecocks?

裸の少年!

This reminds me that tomorrow I'll be getting my Maine Coon kitten. Can't wait.

This is the shipping text image I was talking about.

kazoo

Same. You're always a rational guy, though.

Remembering lights make it so you can pick your sexuality and Ouma chose to be really gay. Or something.

Same, actually. They creep me out. DICE doesn't, for whatever reason.

except fat guy's and ouma's mask

Has tried sucking his own dick once!

Well he was a former street cat and he only likes to play with hair ties and catnip mice, so I think he's pretty safe!

What are you going to name it? Taiga?

Speaking from experience, sucking your own dick doesn't feel like getting your dick sucked, it just feels like sucking a dick.

I am aware of that, he almost doesn't get any hate from japanese fanbase too (actually, people likes him) and from what i have seen from western twitter fanbase, i have very unpopular opinions regarding hoshi's character despite he being my number one favorite, and Veeky Forums is the only place where i can talk a lot of different things of his character. Any other place, discussions about him and the representation of his character is extremely limited or wrong
Actually, I have seen A LOT of out of character treatment from the fandom for basically all characters of the cast, specially ouma

Exciting!! Boy or girl? Name? Ryoma?
You're good people, user. Strays are the best.

>I can say with confidence that this is one of my OTPs in all of Danganronpa. This along with Celesgiri, Hinanami and the variations of ships I like with Kirigiri are in fact my top OTPs in all of Danganronpa. This ship in particular when featured in art just makes me feel so happy since it takes my mind off the mistake that was Chapter 4 in V3 Killing Harmony and a reminder that Gonta would never harm anyone, let alone a fly. Despite Miu having intentions on killing Ouma in the fourth chapter of the game, she too also wouldn't hurt anyone physically because the only reason she wanted to kill Ouma in the first place was because she had a hunch that Ouma was the mastermind which she strongly believed in. With that being said, I believe these two would indefinitely protect each other from everything.
>In the case of Gonta, he is quite shy and pure and wishes to be a gentleman and according to the Love Hotel scene he is with Saihara for actually doesn't know how to act in front of women. This is very different from Miu who possesses a sharp tongue and a bit of a pervert (if we're being real here, she would probably want a piece of Gonta having such a buff build). Even though she's a bit of a perv, I still feel like she would want a serious relationship with someone not for pleasure but for everything else. In a sense, Gonta would help provide this through his general gentlemanly behaviour and ethics as well as his manours which he has as a gentleman. They really are a blend of polar opposites that would be great together, for example yet another difference between them is that Gonta is at one with nature whereas Miu is one with society. As you can see, both can develop as characters if they become close.
Gets me every time
Nice work Kuzu.
>Same, actually. They creep me out. DICE doesn't, for whatever reason.
This, the pigtail girl's mask in particular is adorable.

I'd be interested in hearing some of your unpopular Hoshi opinions?

This is a very pretty game.

akamatsu-chan! pianist edition!

I haven't decided yet, I have a few names in my head... but Taiga, damn, I like the sound of that... I was going to pick something like Ryu or even Hoshi but eh, I need to think for a cool name since he's going to grow so big eventually.

It will be a boy, never had a girl cat and won't start soon since I feel like having a girl would be pretty distressing.

.........You never cease to amaze me.

Thanks.

Cute! I would blunt the ends of its claws for the babies, though.

>i have very unpopular opinions regarding hoshi's character
I'm curious- what are they? I always thought Hoshi was a pretty straightfoward and honorable guy so there wasn't a lot of ambiguity to debate about him.

>Actually, I have seen A LOT of out of character treatment from the fandom for basically all characters of the cast, specially ouma
Yeah, I think that comes about because of spotty translations and a largely uninformed fanbase. As for Ouma, he's a very popular/talked about character, so you get a larger proportion of people getting him wrong by sheer fandom size alone.

Go right ahead, I'm curious.

Yeah... you're the 6th person to tell me this today, I'll definitely do it, wouldn't want the babies faces to be full of scratches.

Pigtail girl is my favorite DICE. She looks like she has a very peppy and straightfoward personality considering she shows the most of her face besides Ouma.

or she's junko

>So yeah I just don't see them working out. Besides Iruma liked Kiibo. You saw what she did to him.
>Don't get triggered and write up a long ass essay on why you looovveee this ship. I honestly don't fucking care.
>I don't ship it. I never will. Get that through your head. I don't care of you hate this ship love this ship whatever.
>This is MY opinion.
>writes a long post about hating on ships and tells people this
????????

Posting best girl!

>I'm pretty sure Ouma bullied Himiko right?? I'm not sure I just watched vidyas nutshell videos and he bullied her.
Deepest lore.

Also, I think it might be because DICE wears masks rather than proper clown makeup. Not a fan of clowns myself.

Strays make very good cats! Pretty much all of mine have just wandered into my backyard (made sure they weren't already someone else's cats, of course).

What's so distressing about girl cats, haha. From my experience they're much chiller than dude cats. Be sure to get your guy neutered as soon as he's old enough to curb spraying!

I dunno, I just feel like they'd be more fragile or frail, in past experiences, my relative had a female cat and it went missing for a few days and came back pregnant and ill and shit. Then again... that might be because my relative didn't do the castration thing
But I always had male cats in the past.

Naming animals is my secret talent

Well ultimately it comes down to the cat itself but neutered males are generally more affectionate

This is the Shirogane appreciation thread

>forgot my image
god dammit i'm out of it today

Please give me your assistance of your talent, senpai.
Also, what if I called the cat Sake?

Shirogane looks beautiful in that pic.

Please don't get your mog declawed as it's painful for him and actually removes the tips of his toes, get him some claw caps.

> I think it might be because DICE wears masks rather than proper clown makeup.

Yeah, this is it. There's no trace of their expressions because they're just straight up masks rather than warping their faces with makeup. It's not as uncanny valley.

Still can be creepy, though. Imagine him sitting at the edge of your bed.

>That counts for EVERY ship with him. He constantly teases everyone, insults everyone, fucks with everyone's head, and even physically abuses some. He even questions whether a robot has a dick just for the sake of teasing a robotic angel. It's all an act, but to me it's just taken so far that it crosses the line for where I believe he could be shipped with anyone at all.

Wow, that sounds a lot like Miu.

Oh... damn, I don't want that to happen.
Alright, I'll look into claw caps.

Is that your cat? QT
I have four currently, two girls, two boys, all neutered. The girls are more affectionate and cuddly while the boys are more standoffish and spend more time outside, although it is ultimately down to individual personalities.

Shirogane has the best and most coherent motivations for a mastermind and is a good character!

This. Never declaw cats. It's the equivalent of removing a finger to the knuckle and causes them intense pain.

My baby advice is limited but feeding them unclothed is easier to deal with and saves you time on laundry. Because of how messy eaters they are.

Regarding cats, try to keep them out of the babies room because their fur is has tendency to collect dust.

Is there actually anyone who ships Celesgami? That Amino post is the first time I've seen someone mention it.

umu

I like it from a mindgames and "worthy opponent" perspective, but I find it hard to believe they're the type of people that could ever feel love for someone.

Damn, that really sounds painful...

>My baby advice is limited but feeding them unclothed is easier to deal with and saves you time on laundry.
Hah, I do that already, I was feeding them clothed one time and not only did they mess themselves, they messed my shirt and pants too somehow.

And got it. The spare room will now be the cat's room hah.

Mugi!

I don't know whether I'd be more unnerved by that or him making one of the horror faces at the edge of my bed.

>spare room is now the cat's room
it begins
Maine coons are really nice, though. Had a really old one that died a few years back, he was a good bro. And yeah, claw caps are the best way to go.

Well you have to imagine calling the cat in different situations. What if he jumped up on something and you yelled his name? So you'd have to be comfortable yelling "sake!!" or maybe "sake-chan~" in softer moments.

He can be a jerk but he has his soft moments and even if he seems rude he'll let you pick him up and he doesn't like climbing into people's laps but he'll stay forever if you keep petting him.

>I find it hard to believe they're the type of people that could ever feel love for someone
Celes feels love for Cheri and that's what counts.

>The interactions you have as Hajime with other girls is just really nice to be honest, especially at the end where most of them get flustered over him. It's pretty much why I can see Hajime being shipped almost all of the girls in the 77th Class. Now I can hear you all screaming that I'm a hypocrite because the same happens with Makoto in Trigger Happy Havoc, however from my perspective Makoto's whiny ass would only really get him with a few girls since he's just very friendly and that's it. On the other hand, Hajime is more than just friendly and just has a much deeper personality that can be applied and bonded well with more people.

KEK

It's really sad. I've worked in/around animal medicine for a while and ever vet I've ever worked with has a story about behavioral problems resulting after surgery because of the pain and the fact that they feel they're left without a method of defense. Sad stuff.

>Ouma sitting at the edge of your bed silently at 3 am wearing that mask
>as soon as you see him there, he starts slowly pulling it off to reveal his horror face

Ah damn, I bet it was a real good friend. And I can't wait, really wanted a bro pet, I was thinking of getting a ferret but they're really mischevious from what I heard.

Well, I usually scream sake when I'm drunk anyway sometimes...
What about Honcho?

Yeah, I wouldn't want to get rid of a way to defend itself, I'd rather have it claw me in anger than not be able to fight me.

>Besides that, I just need to say that I love this ship so much for lots of reasons. Firstly It's not very forced like Saiede which I'll get onto in just a moment. Secondly the nail varnish scene was just amazingly cute and shows that Rantaro has a good understanding on how to treat a lady, even if it means not doing the most masculine of activities xD. This carries forward to my third point which is that I see Amami and Kaede being able to support each other through their supposed experiences (I'm talking from the viewpoint of Kaede not being her actual self but Kaede inside the televised killing game). Despite Rantaro's focus on winning the killing game, I think that he genuinely cared for Kaede and headcanon their ship together so hard. The way I would describe the look of this ship may seem weird but it just makes sense to me: it's like neopolitan ice cream. Hear me out. You've got the vanilla and mint flavour from Rantaro and then the strawberry comes from Kaede. In a sense, it makes the ship more delectable and appealing to look at
>Saiaka is forced
?????

You can go too far in the other direction
aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/6394863/top-5-notps-and-otps-drv3-spoilers

Yep, fortunately he lived to 19 or so, so he had a good long life. Not very familiar with ferrets myself, though I have heard about them being slippery fuckers.

>accidentally getting the cat to come over to you while you're screaming and drunk
kek

Is aminoapps just a bunch of people who haven't played the games yelling at each other for liking ships/characters that they know next to nothing about?

They are also kids and they like to roleplay and make cringeworthy "fanart" using phone apps and filters. Hence the name "animoAPPS"

Oh boy, makes me want to call it Sake even more. It'll be my best drinking buddy.

honestly what the fuck happened here

where does your life go so wrong that you can out psychoface monaca

these sprites legitimately scared me when they first leaked

Yes. Yes it is.
However, this guy makes some good content: aminoapps.com/page/danganronpa/6460571/protagonists-antagonists-v3-spoilers

>Honcho
No that's what he wants. I think Taiga is good like tiger but also taiga like "snow forest" since they come from a place known for harsh winters and they're also known as the Snowshoe Cat.

You don't need to name him right away anyway, you can give him something based on his personality once you're more familiar.

The sprites were how I knew I was in for a wild ride.
Being here for the leakposting and people wondering what the actual fuck was going on with Ouma because no one could translate Japanese + fake spoilers were everywhere really amplified the experience.

Hmm, alright, I guess I'll wait to see its personality, but Sake, Taiga, Ryu are in my mind.

Damn, sounded like fun.

Monaka isn't a psycho

Ah, memories. I miss those days.

buenos dias neesan

Anyone still remember when we had to watch that one chink's stream when V3 came out?

Somebody made emotes of his fucked dead circle eyes, and coming home and hopping onto to taima to see a dead fucking face on page 1 of the emote list startled me for a second.

Thanks slav sonia.

Hey kuzuanon what does male junko is saying

are you sure about that

>him talking over the executions
>caption comments everywhere
>barely ever fucking loaded
yes unfortunately

When the kitten arrives give us a Hoshi hat photo and I can update the compilation for his birthday!

Monaka did nothing wrong

I already have another picture of top left prepared. I'm just waiting.

>spent almost an hour on a non-stop debate

i feel like i can recall one or two things

Wait who is it

I hear legends of the tale that the guy was shit at the minigames.

She is talking about how the MUH HOPE shit is amusing and boring.

Will do, although, I can't wait for it to grow as big as me.

Nobody is perfect, I bet you've done just as many if not more things wrong.

>buys Strong Bad game
>tries to turn on Episode 1
>steam does nothing
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

>She is talking
I MEANT HE DAMN IT

Cute, I know there have been a few since so I'm gonna scrape the archives

The strongbad game was just a joke I think

If there really were 52 killing games we didn't see I wonder how many of them ended where an early killer actually got away with it. There must have been at least 1 right?

It wasn't, it's a good game and I kuzuanon would enjoy it

I really want to play it but the Steam forums isn't helping either, I turn on the game and it briefly says on steam that it's running and then BAM, nothing. I bought it too, no pirating or anything.

Well you can get an automatic refund if you have less than 2 hours played.

In those long seasonposting lists there was one where the survivors won by locking themselves in their rooms at all times except for meals and trials and I think it's a somewhat realistic outcome honestly

It'd be very possible.
But we don't really know much about them. So let's not jump into the wrong conclusion.

Yeah, it's a shame if you can't get it to work but oh well.

Well V3 has a "script" right? Most reality shows do so it would make sense there's some failsafes to stop it from ending the season early.

Then again there were 53 of them so maybe it's just a constant ongoing thing and most seasons do in fact end early.

youtube.com/watch?v=dUhEU7gzEBs

Honestly I want to fuck Monophanie right now. I want to pound her dirty and wet vagoo until my hips break. I can't stop thinking about her phanie's. Every time I think about my sister I think of Monophanie because she is my sister. I want to fuck Monophanie doods. I'm sweating because I don't know if she'll find me worthy enough. I'll stop being a riajuu just to get it on with that bear. I want to fuck Monophanie so hard bros. I want to fuck her and suck on her paws like it was the last piece of barbecue sauce from the last rib. I want to then pound her soaking hot pussy like I was smashing the A button in Super Smash Bros games. I want to eat her pussy out like I was at the fanciest restaurant in Japan.

>I'm curious- what are they? I always thought Hoshi was a pretty straightfoward

Yes, he is, and that's cool because he's the best example of what is a solid character in writing. A lot of fans tends to get so much stuck into his backstory, and while I like it as well (how you could do a movie based on his backstory or the old mafia atmosphere vibes coming from it which is pretty rad), it's simple. I am glad that he isn't an one dimensional character but he isn't that deep as some people put him and that's not bad in my opinion. I am not sooo interested in hoshi's past but on what kind of person he was and is currently (because while he says that now he is some kind of loser, he contradicts himself from time to time, lying to himself to pretend that he is over his past). In fact what I like most about his character is how his behavior and actions shows fragments of how hoshi might be under his depression and he's a cool guy. Soft and sweet guy that has a lot of empathy for people. And it gets more interesting when those traits are from the same guy that killed a lot of people.

But a lot of fans limit themselves to purely look at hoshi's past and say he's complex. I am still waiting for september for my final opinion about his character to be fair

Watching those was painful but those were the most fun times on here

There was shit like Miu's Electron Bombs (that can reverse time) and edgy *unsheathes katana* Korekiyo

Well said, sir.

Best giri.