Tfw live in Ontario Canada and need a car

>tfw live in Ontario Canada and need a car
>Everything is a scam including and especially car prices and gas and insurance

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/oil-change-shop-caught-scamming-customers-marketplace-investigation-1.2418675
youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI
consumeraffairs.com/automotive/economy_lube_canada.html
ottawamiata.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw live in ontario canada
>car was $1800
>insurance is $130/mo in GTA

Yeah right

maybe if you're 25+

my first car was 3k and i was paying 390/month and i was 21 with a clean record. 95 GSR

>live in central Texas
>gas is cheap as shit and everything is rust free

130/mo, we get group discount on our insurance

22 btw

Don't drive boi racer cars

How does it feel to be poor?

Feels bad

>daily Ontario is shit thread
Only 7 more fucking months of this shithole until I'm free. Or, at least a tool of the government in somewhere that isn't complete fucking garbage.

Stop looking at ricer ass boyracer cars. Look at things your grandma would drive. Lease a shitty new shitbox like every other normie.

Don't come to fucking Alberta. We have enough of you fucktards.

I come from Alberta, now I'm trapped in Ontario and I want to come back. Don't worry, I'm not french.

You mad at the army or something?

Good.

>live in GTA
>28
>drive Subaru Outback
>insurance $115/month
I don't know how you nigs get ridic insurance rates.

Honestly for new drivers in Ontario the car doesn't seem to matter that much, as long as it's stock. Declare any modifications and you're done, however. I'm 21, been insured since I was 16, no accidents no tickets. Just got quoted 2300 a year for a bone stock 5th gen prelude, 9k for a prelude that had 15 percent tint, or 2245 for a grand marquis.

Also the price jumps dramatically for anything older than 20, and you'll be borderline uninsurable if it's older than 25 unless you qualify to go through Hagerty.

They're probably looking at fucking STI's and Si's which are in one of the highest rate groups. 4 doors also makes a massive difference.

Oh yeah, as soon as you turn 25 different actuarial tables are used. That's when you can be more boy racer or consider declaring non performance mods. Expect to have to send in pics of your engine bay for any imprezas, Saab 2-x's, or older hondas, though.

t. Actuarial science student working for an insurance broker

>took my ontario G test
>ace it
>driving test cracks that I was his first pass of the day
>it was 2PM and his shift started at 9AM
All of the pajeets and mudslimes there beating their heads against the grindstone hoping they barely squeak through. No wonder driving in Toronto feels like an extreme sport with all of these fucking idiots around.

>Gas
Try living in Europe or even BC you poorfag it's like $1/L that's cheap and car prices are average you just gotta look around.

we need to close down our borders and kill off anyone not white and go back to the way things used to be

Some places are $1.30 rn lol. Im not poor, doesn't mean gas prices don't piss me off.

>22
>Ontario
>Male
>One at fault
>Drive a clean miata that I paid 3000 for
>Insurance is $100 a month
>$40 fills the tank
Eat shit OP you need to learn how to stop being a retard. Ontario is garbage but we all make our own bed.

Miata's are grandpa cars, That's why. A Buick is going to be cheap to insure too.

>things that never happened

Where do you live you gotta fill up at Costco for those good prices

Literally my reality faggot what part don't you believe

>driving a fucking hour
>waiting in line at the pump
>to save $3?

Why do people do this? Why do people line up at costco for gas? Do they not know that time = money?

>Line up
Wtf don't go on a Saturday also if you have to drive out of your way it's not worth it

This

>21
>Ontario
>Male
>none at fault
>clean '93 MX-3 I paid $1500 for
>$126/mo
>$55 fills tank

Feels good to not be retarded.

Even on weekdays I see people lined up.

>18
>Ontario
>Male
>Clean record
>4000$ miata
>Pay 94$ a month for insurance
Maybe miata's are just cheap all around

Nice where you at?

Who are you insured with? Most places ice called won't insure any pre 97 car

Aviva general insurance through RBC

>21
>ontario
>2015 Mustang GT
>2012 Elantra
>300 for 2 cars and life/apartment insurance
>Could be worse

>Everything is a scam including and especially car prices and gas and insurance
And car servicing in Ontario too. For example, a southwestern Ontario chain of car service centers named "Economy Lube". The whole chain continues to do scams even years after they got caught scamming in an undercover news investigation. The owner of the chain is determined to make as much money as he can and use lawyers to hold stiff arm people on technicalities.

cbc.ca/news/canada/oil-change-shop-caught-scamming-customers-marketplace-investigation-1.2418675

youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI

consumeraffairs.com/automotive/economy_lube_canada.html

Other people in forums have commented that their oil filter was not changed even though they paid for an oil and filter change.

Servicing everywhere is a fucking scam. Just do your own oil or go to a garage you can actually trust

Yeah rbc will do it but you can't get full coverage for pre 95 or something like that

I have a 96 and only liability so can't say desu

>21, clean record
>$2000 '85 FB Rx7
>$2500/yr insurance
fugg

They're teenage boi racers looking at Subarus and Civics in the GTA
Probably have an at fault accident or 2 under their belts, I know the guy that runs /osg/ does and basically has to commit insurance fraud in order to afford a $600 a month insurance premium

>that Costco that just opened up near me
>go early in the morning and get cheap top tier gas for days

Do your own oil change you limp wristed faggot

Yeah I've got a 91 and they could only get me basic

Nepean

tfw ottawamiata.net/ is all guys in their 60s driving around with their wives.

Have a 79 and intact took me. There was at least one other willing to do that old, can't remember who off the top of my head

Ontario is shit no surprises there

>21
>accord
>no faults no ticket
>clean
>full g
>300$/mo
fucking end me

Get the car in your parents name and be put down as a secondary driver

This

>V70 2011 on me: $130/mo
>V70 2011 on dad: $40/mo

Feels good not feeding the insurance jews.

Good feel bro

This only works if the parent you register it to lives at a different address than you and you're not listed as a driver. Otherwise they automatically treat you like the primary driver regardless of what you've put be and will charge you the same

>22
>drive shitbox mazda 3 with only a g2
>no accidents
>185 for strict liability a month

Hopefully it goes down when you get your G

Honestly from what most people are paying and it being my first car, as sad as it is i am happy with that price. When i was calling around and getting quotes a year ago people wanted close to minimum 300-500 a month. My first rate for the year was 202 a month and now it got reduced to 185. Idk how much will get knocked off with a G. Hopefully 20 bucks or so.