Why did it fail Veeky Forums?

Why did it fail Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=J7z0HGHDERM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was almost as fast as Ferrari's halo car for 1/8th of the cost and Fiat wasn't going to have that

They stuck to their principles and refused to replace the 6-speed stick with a slushbox for boomers.

Too uncompromising for today's fashion accessory supercar market. Almost anyone who can afford one isn't going to bother with a manual only American car. Also safety standards. Can't fit the 1100000th set of airbags needed.

Literally too fast for Le Mans.

but wasn't it made under the fiat administration?, I mean, they allowed its development, I doubt they were all in with this project without knowing what the engineers were aiming for with the viper.

american cars have no cache

>100k+ car with non-prestigious badge
>manual-only when richfags can only drive auto
>reputation for being dangerous and brutal despite having a nice interior and excellent handling
>people generally having shit taste

dude pls

assblasted supercar owners
ill buy it someday tho

Every single reply I wrong in this thread. Sales were mediocre and within Chryslers own branch it had too many similarly priced Halo cars, all of which competed with the Corvette. Now consider poor advertising, the "SRT" cluster fuck, and then side curtain airbags legal requirements necessitating a complete redesign of the previously low and thin roof line. That is why it was killed. It wasnt too fast or embarrassing Ferrari. There's not magical story of mythical performance. Its just a car under a poorly managed marquee with safety standards running the design out of legal production

The only way to make people pay 6 digits for an American car is to call it the Ford GT.

Glad I got to sit in one before they disappeared
Maybe one day I’ll drive it

Or tesla

So they built the acr, sold it for two years and then discontinued a year after FCA sold off Ferrari?

And also Fiat apparently conspired to make curtain airbags mandatory in the US, which is why the Viper was discontinued.

Fucking dream car and i want the pull the trigger on one
>Psst hey kid push on the gas a bit more. Come on.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=J7z0HGHDERM

Nooo..

Nooope..

...well if the corvette is selling then thats a no.

The viper is iconic. Its literally the american equivalent of a nissan gtr..

Everybody knows about the dodge viper.
..it really is a valid question.

Especially seeing as it was actually "good"

Ehat happened?

The Corvette is much cheaper, and available with an automatic. It's also a targa so it doesn't need curtain airbags.

so, tldr; dodge is full of retards?

they didn't kill hellcat challenger and charger.
these were to viper like taurus SHO was to mustang, or Typhoon/Syclone to corvette

>Engine Odd firing 8.4 L (512.5 cu in) Viper V10
>8.4L V10
>8.4L
top fucking kek

Truly an amazing post.

delusional amerifat

>they didn't kill hellcat challenger and charger.
They didn't kill them because they are built in the same Ontario plant along side the regular Challenger and Charger models. Besides the engine, it costs them almost nothing to build a Hellcat. The Viper is built on an entirely different chassis and uses almost nothing from anything else that's produced by Dodge.

Shit build quality, needed illegal tires and aero to handle as well as a $25k Miata, set fire to itself.

because rich people have shit taste in cars.

>illegal
Source? (you don't have one)
>implying a Miata can pull 2 lateral gs

>Source?
SpoonFeedMeMommy.

You know i was thinking to myself while i was in the bathroom "someone's going to reply to that bait" and what do i find when i come back..

I thought the entire point of these meme mobiles is muh HP per dollaridoo. to the point where the customer doesn't care if the car actually melts if you drive it fast.

>not wanting a 8.4l aluminum v10
user pls

The Viper was an extremely fast car all around. Hp/$ is the Hellcat. But the Viper was more expensive, scarier due reputation, and manual only.

>i was only pretending to be retarded

Snek was too pure for our gay earth

This. It automatically alienated black people, women drivers, rich millenials, Mohammeds, and just about everyone who's not a white male older than a millenial.

too few people had balls to drive it

>reddit spacing

No side impact airbags, and not enough units were old annually to justify designing an update. I guarantee in 5-10 years, there will be another Viper and will cost $100,000 minimum.

Well i guess that's also a possibility when posting bait-like post.

middle easterners love vipers

I don't think people that buy a car with an 8.4l v10 care about airbags at all

Whether they care or not is irrelevant. It's made mandatory. IMO there should be safety exceptions for 2 seat sports cars and just a few more warning stickers.

>It's made mandatory.
Trump will fix this for us.

Lmao car regs are the last thing on anyone's in politics agenda, period. If you want batshit insane and no safety regs, build a kit car.

>cancelled because of sales and profit margin
>last gen completely sells out
shame, they probably thought that the chassis redesign to meet safety standards wasn't worth the cost, and felt that they basically met their goal already.

Then again, they "cancelled" the Viper twice already beforehand, and it came back both times. I pray that if it comes back, it comes with active aero and maybe even crazier

>build a kit car.

Ship me a Viper with the doors off.

Last gen sold out because they announced the retirement of the Viper.

But if the Viper does come back, which is hard telling with Fiat involved, it will no doubt in my mind, be an over hyped, expensive, cash grab by Fiat Chrysler.

>The Viper is gone
But
>There may be room for another sports car

Maybe this won't be so bad, they can put their V8s in a tighter package and have a legitimate Corvette competitor

,,fuck you'' :the car

>Viper with the doors off.
good god that thing sounds so murican it would singlehandly take iraq in one day

Even if it does come back it will be some bastardized cashgrab that is a complete insult to the name.

It'll come back as a crossover

Don't fucking say that, even as a joke.

*his hiss rattle rattles in your path*
nothing personel kid

DELET

It was keeping up with the Le Mans prototypes in the straights when Oreca was destroying the world with the Viper.

Dumb ESL

pls no shoop
pls no shoop
pls no shoop

There's a rumor that they are bringing back the Baracuda name as a 2 door Mustang competitor.

The Viper will be back though sooner than later though.

Because FCA is basically insolvent and had no money for a next generation. Also, FCA poverty (and stupidity?) botched the re-launch in 2013. Overpriced and too bland -- new, sharper (much cheaper) C7 launching right after was just a final kick in the nuts

I want off this ride

The only problem is that they kept it around continuously, when they just should have launched it for a short run every decade or so a la the Ford GT.

No one wants to pay for a Viper except for people who have weird obsession for them.

All the people who THINK they want a viper are all poorfags that would never be able to buy it anyway. All the people who CAN buy it would much rather have a different car either because they want something more comfortable or because they actually want a car that doesn't suck to drive.

The Viper is still an engine with 4 wheels even if they've spent more time trying to refine it and improve it's other performance characteristics.

acr suspension is dangerous too
at least on American roads

>an engine with 4 wheels

why would i not want this

>Spacing this hard
>...
>...
>..
>..
>..
>..
Fuck off, cunt.

You're right. There's no market for cars with zero computer control, massive grip and huge power.

Faggot.

He's already in office, all he cares about is his buddies and their agendas.

Considering how "well" they sold...

Define well, low volume doesn't equal low profits.

Profits obviously weren't high enough.

>Viper production gets canned because nobody was buying them

>Viper with a bodykit and Italian badge with a pricetag 7x more expensive quickly gets sold out.

Explain this.

Alpha Romeo is a much more prestigious brand than Dodge.

> fail
> 20 yr model run

Pick one.

Actually, I feel it's my patriotic duty as an American and a car lover to suffer through dailying a Viper.

Need to finish paying off my house and sell off all of this other car stuff to make room for it in my life though. Won't keep around my Datsuns with a Viper in hand, you know?

>italian chads car of choice

>can afford Viper
>practical enough for my needs
>live in Canada
>can't have 2 cars for logistical reasons
I wish I lived where it was warm so I could daily it year round

According to actual professional drivers, the last gen was extremely nice to drive everywhere. The first one was also fast, it would just bite you if you pushed it too far.

I'll explain this to you since you're an idiot
The issue is:
If you release two competing products, one will succeed and the other one will fail.

are you implying that the viper competes with the challenger?

It has an ancient NA V10 instead of a superior super/turbocharged V6.

>Alpha

It's not some kind of great mystery. There wasn't a state of the art duel clutch transmission option. That's it. Seriously. To sell mass figures you have to appeal to the mass market, not just the niche.

back to plebbit niggra
Also sage

Man, that car is an eyesore. 90s korea had more asthetics.