>Wanting to die this badly.

Is the outdated liter meme lately all one dude? R6 all the way
>Inb4 125 virgins

R6 obviously

kinda seems like it.

For first bike probably the r6.
Get whatever will make you happiest though

F I R E B L A D E

The 929 is considerably faster than any R6.

It must be, there's no way this many people actually want old Fireblades.

What do y'all think of this rebuilt gs 550e as my first bike

How much should I be looking to spend on a first helmet? I don't need sanic tier aerodynamics, £50-80 should be enough right?

>suzuki
Gross

Think like 200, don't be stupid cheap.

$150usd minimum. And thats if its on sale

NO
get a middle tier HJC like the fg17, or shell out $400 or so and get an rf1200, qwest, etc.

Don't you wanna be comfy? Both my jew helmets are aids in literally every way, while the one i shelled out just a bit for (AGV K-5) is a godsend

Around 200 minimum

Alright, fair enough
I thought basic biking was supposed to be cheap

If you're a small or medium get a 200 dollar helmet upgrade to a shoei or something nice and your starter helmet becomes your grill helmet

If you're L or freakhead just get shoei tier

Just stop and think.
That is the ONE THING that is most likely to save your life WHEN you crash. And you will.
Just be smart user

Most of them including the one you just replied to have been me shitposting, but I'm pretty sure at least one guy is serious about buying one. Shitposting about them has kind of made me actually want one, if only to tell people I ride a Fireblade.

don't get memed
if you don't care about memes 50-80 is enough
everything above that is autism tier
not wrong, but also not necessary

Yeah. Literally ultimate poorfag scumbag I can't even afford a $3200 06 blade or 03 r1: the bike

qwest a shit

Bell Vortex

All helmets in the shops and online are going to be legally approved, you don't need an expensive one, ignore the shitposters.

They can't sell them unless they are approved, it's just the way it is.

It's protective comfy and well made
How does that equate to shit

Literally not true
Op don't be a dumbass

>Literally not true
0/10

Illegal to sell unapproved safety equipment.

Isn't it made for upright riding and not tucked riding

If you get one for a sportbike instead of an rf1200 you goofed

To be fair, I am actually getting my old one back.
Only because of the fireblade shitposts, if not for them I wouldn't have called my brother.
/dbt/ shitposting has improved my life.

>Gixxer and Blade standing out this hard
How can other bikes even compete

so super new to bikes i have a 1974 kz-400 i bought to learn on this winter and I already have some questions

it's a kickstart only bike, and I've been having some trouble. Majority of the times it doesn't seem to 'catch', and it just kind of slaps through the motion with a few light clicks of resistance, then will go back up like usual.

Is this a common thing, and I just need to learn technique, or is there a problem I should look into fixing

But if all of the helmets at 50-80 are DOT and ECE approved and the one I buy fits properly how would buying a more expensive helmet be safer, I appreciate they might be nicer or quieter but I'm too poor for that shit

I'm not going to buy the thing off ebay or aliexpress, I'm going to walk into a shop, try stuff on, find one that fits then order it online

Common for something that old.
Just slowly push it down til you feel it catch then come back up and kick.

>2002 Yamaha R1 for $3000 the next state over
Time to go fast.

Its common. Kick it slowly till you feel top dead center (compression).
The kick should resist more than usual.
Then bring it ALL the way back up and kick away.

I want to get a top of the line all purpose helmet for wearing on my standard and touring bikes, that will also work for taking my sport to the track.

Budget is $1000.

>Size L/XL
>Quiet
>Well ventilated
>Removable liner so I can wash it
>Easily swappable visors (or pinlock)
>Compact shell

I have a pretty big head for my body and I don't want to look like an ayylmao with my helmet on. I'm sick of the buffeting and noise with my cheap helmet and I'm ready to drop some real coin.

thanks fellas i'm gonna go give it hell again and see how that works

The hornet, and gsxs can both keep up no problem on the touge. Around a track itd be different, but we were riding on the street.

Look for SNELL certification. That's the one that matters. And look online at helmet crash test sites. Don't be a good, just buy a decent helmet that will last you for longer than your first bike will.

X14 or agv Corsa

Leave it to the newfag gixxer spic to have retarded opinions. Just because its not a track helmet doesn't make it shit

Goof*

I was talking about looks tbqh mi familia

Not a bad ujm, as long as you have another ride and are willing to work on it.

Looks are a spook

>Looks are a spook
Wut

yeah I've got my own little shitbox and I was hoping to learn a bit about wrenching anyways. Besides I heard its easier to work on old bikes.

should i be leaning into corners properly in my s1000 r?

Handles are quite hight it feel wrong.

Post bike(s).

>well made
>can't even remove the comfort liner for cleaning
lel

>protective
just like any helmet

It's also quite heavy for how much it costs, and doesn't fit right when leaned forward like a sport bike rider would be.

cute

roast me

me on the right

Too easy

It is easier to work on older bikes, especially ones without a fairing. For your purposes it would be a good choice.

>drop bike against my leg
>notice a bump in the fuel tank
It's a huge capacity, smooth tank, gorgeous paint work and shape. Now it's fucked.

I'm wondering if I can hammer it out from the inside using a dolly when it's empty. I don't know if it will reach.

How big are you. I need to know what to preheat the oven for, and how long you need to be in there.

Fill with water and freeze it sometime this winter

You don't necessarily have to blow $1000 to satisfy all those needs. Most $250 usd HJC's tick all those boxes.

Just refrain from getting a modular. Those give you crazy bauble had syndrom. Case and point, my modular.

Snell and ECE are where it's at imo.

just ordered ad Katana 600 rear shock ans a set of sonic springs. hopefully the bike will feel way more compliant during corners.

hi Jimmy

So do it

I'm a tiny lad tbqh

>Most of them including the one you just replied to have been me shitposting
Why would you do this to me user

Best looking gen of RR imo.
Are those some chinabay plastics tho?

>repsol
Max poser
Attention whore

Then Imma go with 350°, about 45min-hour.
Add a little balsamic vinaigrette, some quick seasoning, and mwah!

Kinda, they're somewhere in the middle between ebay and higher quality shit. I've got turn signals and the little rubber bit on the seat cowl now, so it doesn't look as cheap. You're right about it being the best looking gen tho. I'll probably buy another one when this one dies.

I'm not going to buy a $250 HJC. I've been through 3 helmets in the $150-250 range now and I'm done with that shit. I put enough miles on in a given year to justify spending the money on a really nice helmet. Something I can put a really good set of comms in, something that will be nice and quiet so I can listen to music without turning it up super loud / ears aren't whining from wind noise after a 6 hour interstate ride, extremely comfortable, etc.

I'm glad decent inexpensive helmets exist to help new riders get into the hobby, but I've got two bikes right now with a third on the way, have owned and sold four others, and have logged well over 100k miles on two wheels, but I've never owned a top of the line helmet. It's stupid as shit and I want to correct it.

Don't get the reference

Sounds lit, wish I could taste, but y'know...

Was gonna get the black one, but they only had this one at the dealer. I've grown to like it though. Is everything with Repsol on it pretending to be a MotoGP biek?

>Leave it to the newfag gixxer spic to have retarded opinions. Just because its not a track helmet doesn't make it shit

>doesn't fit right when leaned forward like a sport bike rider would be.

Having a giggle m8

At first I was just joking, but then I grew to really like the look of the bike. Now I'm looking for a bike to upgrade from my ninja 250 to do scumbag stuff on the interstate (no stunts, think max speed runs) and I'm trying to decide between an early 2000s liter bike or early 2000s 600 with a budget of $3200. For some reason those bikes are priced similarly. I'm aware of how stupid this is.

Don't worry about it, I got you cuz.
We'll just cut off one of you legs and we can eat it together.
Right leg, so you can still ride.

It's a fucking touring helmet, no shit?
You would be fine in it because you don't ride aggressively in any fashion, just slowly trail niggers doing wheelies

Is this your jacket?

RF1200/NXR with a transition visor

Fine, what about this one?
sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/242002

Its half off at the minute and still costs 140 quid

All the power to you,

Just saying, had an Arai lid before that was binned after a crash, RX-7 I think. Bought the HJC out of necessity and was surprised by how much bang for the buck that one offered. Don't see myself blowing that much cash on a helmet again.

Also got a Schubert C3 at hand. Supposedly on of the quieter helmets on the market. But still, going out in on a longer period of time without any plugs. Unlikely. That thing is comfort wise in it's own class though.

Anyway, just my two cents. You do you.

>Baiting me to upload demon run webms
Maybe when I sell the current bike

Fuck me you're a smart one, cheers mate

Lmao, I would get one if the price was reasonable. But since it's not even close to what I payed for my Gore-tex gear I haven't even considered it. My gloves are getting worn out though, and I'm thinking about getting pic related cause they're not too expensive.

>demon run
>having video evidence of you excessively breaking the law

I wasn't saying the helmet is bad because it's meant for sitting upright. It does fine in that position, but you seem to be implying it doesn't matter that it's made for sitting bolt upright, and that does have its drawbacks on a sport bike, even when not fully tucked. Are you trying to say otherwise?

went to get my bike motd for the first time after being given it 2nd hand

found out the brake disc was warped

mfw finding out how braking is actually supposed to feel

Pretty sure those chinkshit gloves aren't going to do much to prevent your fingers from severing when sliding over the asphalt like a freshly lubed up hockey puck.

Good point. I can't afford anything good though. What's a cheap-ish pair that I can wear in winter? Talking 4°C at worst

Literally just going fast in a straight line. Post your chicken strips you fucking beaner

>demon runs

lmao fucking fag

Thats Fucking neat

me on the left
also me on the right

RF-1200 doesn't have a removable liner. Totally unacceptable. I live in the fuckin' desert man I need to be able to wash this shit.

Yes it does.

Convince me this is not a good idea.

What bike

it is if you really take your time but it will literally take days

Literally only the cheek pads come out.

The white parts
>Taiwanese build quality
Basically 3 panels. The battery covers and giant one piece molding which is probably gonna be a bitch.