Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

It Ain't Me Starts Playing Edition

Our last thread will show you no mercy men, return the favor!
This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1r7YHR1Yscc
steamcharts.com/app/418460
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Swabbing sides!

>tfw level 99
>camo paint, all green clothes
>green head rag
>just gotta stand next to a tree to be completely invincible
shits like cheating

Do rag?

Does the paint cover your hands?

Yes
Yes

GETTIN' A HEART FOR THIS ONE

Damn that's fucking awesome

I was planning on running sleeveless flak vest, tigerstripe shirt, camo, and a tigerstripe boonie. Think you can show me how it looks?

>mfw discovering the range shotguns

I see now I've been missing out lads

can't blame you. this is the only decent game besides insurgency that portrays shotguns realistically, and the only one with the openness to show off their potential.

It was great, I used them a bit in the firing range and spotted the tight spread but still wasn't expecting to blast a GI across CU Chi town with a coach gun like I did

so according to wikipedia, the original m18 claymores that were available in the Vietnam war had a guaranteed kill range in a 2~ meter width that extends 30 meters forward. that being said, why is the claymore in RS2 so fucking shit? The mine acts like a regular explosive in the game when it's actually supposed to be like a shotgun that you plant in the ground. without the proper range, you can't even use the claymore in it's real life application (plopping in a flat, open area and waiting for someone to walk by). If it worked correctly, I can guarantee you that players would actually use it

Because the game actually needs to be balanced

but that's what it does, like exactly what it fucking does, have you ever used the damn thing or do you just bitch about it?

Sure

Why is the game still stuttering? I thought this shit was fixed yesterday
>go in bloodbath server
>hop in loach
>enemy below
>fps drop to 5 frames so i cant line up a shot
>fly away with spot assists again
>hue city still stutters like a madman
>song be stutters

amd cpu?

>hasn't gotten a 40m claymore kill yet
git gud user

Nice, thanks.

>spawn for the first time
>don't shoot a single round or throw a single nade
>randomly "-1 Team Wound" out of no where
>get +5 seconds on my spawn timer
>happens every fucking game multiple times

someone care to explain this shit?

so according to wikipedia, the original m18 claymores that were available in the Vietnam war had a guaranteed kill range in a 2~ meter width that extends 30 meters forward. that being said, why is the claymore in RS2 so fucking shit? The mine acts like a regular explosive in the game when it's actually supposed to be like a shotgun that you plant in the ground. without the proper range, you can't even use the claymore in it's real life application (plopping in a flat, open area and waiting for someone to walk by). If it worked correctly, I can guarantee you that players would actually use it

I had a moment as US on Cu Chi, shooting my M16 at B from the roof of the police station in the town, apparently I TKed a teammate 4m in front of me with a coach gun

Get in the fight, soldier!

>tfw commander bombs half of your team
youtube.com/watch?v=1r7YHR1Yscc

Why did they even add that prompt? 90% of the time I get it when I'm actively helping the team in some way

Aussies have the FAL

it says it whenever the commander uses his force spawn ability

Words hurt user.

>prompt

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>tfw it's actually okay because he bombed the entire enemy team
Guess what point

this

Oh, I legit thought it was played if you were too far away from objectives or some shit

Charlie Valley?

Who else /NumbahOne/

Bingo. You win yet another game with retarded teammates.

hill is such a terrible map. i don't know why it's popular

It's a decent map. The biggest problem is that radiomen and pointmen fucking refuse to throw smokes, let alone good useful smokes, which is necessary for pushing the first points.

Also the cobra/loach make or break your push as well. And since the cobra is hard as dick to use properly it's very hard to push against a team that knows to just stack bravo.

this
capturing C and D is fucking hard as balls but E is easy as shit

e is a complete joke to hold. you just get spawn camped by cobras and gi ordinance

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Everybody whines about Hue but Hill is much, much worse.

Yea I once lost holding E with 150 tickets on our side and 0 tickets on US side

its like theres only 3 maps or something

Because it's a "meatgrinder" map, and retards love those kinds of maps because it's easy kills/points.
Popular maps are seldom popular because they're good, just look at BF3 and BF4's most played maps (Operation Metro, and Operation Metro 2.0/Operation Locker), or RO2's favourites (Apartments and Grain Elevator).

Who /duckhunt/ here?

>just look at BF3 and BF4's most played maps
haven't played a battlefield game since 2142. it's funny when i say the supremacy maps are good everyone says "go back to battlefield"

hmmmm

>People who use the team chat ALL THE FUCKING TIME rather then squad chat and over talk the commander and all the others so its hard to give orders to my squad they understand
>Squad members who don't follow orders and instead run off like headless chickens
>Commanders that use ambush at the start spawn so I respond all the way back rather then close to the middle of the battle field from a tunnel
>SL's that do not make marks even when ordered to
>SL's that don't make tunnels or verbally tell you they are working to find a spot
>Can't see where other SL's tunnels are as Viet-kong commander or as Veit-kong SLs so you now if the team is diversified in spawn tunnel layout
>Can't see the diffrent players of who's in what squad on the tactical map in diffrent colors
>Viets not placing traps to help hold points
>Shitty pilots
Its a fun game but goddamn it people do not coordinate.

>People who use the team chat ALL THE FUCKING TIME rather then squad chat and over talk the commander and all the others so its hard to give orders to my squad they understand

This shit is fucking infuriating. You can have the occasional banter over team chat but holy fuck I don't fucking care about every little thing you're experiencing that's completely irrelevant to the team.

>SL's that do not make marks even when ordered to
>SL's that don't make tunnels or verbally tell you they are working to find a spot

I've given up on getting upset at SL's. The SL system is fundamentally broken and needs to be changed back to class based system. The problem of random SL distribution will never be solved. Sometimes the SL will leave and some random idiot who doesn't know what he's doing gets it. Sometimes I'll get it as an RPG man and have to sit there and open up the menu and hand it off to someone else because I'm no where near where a tunnel should be placed.

The entire squad system as of now is flawed beyond repair.

>territories game mode fucking sucks
>half the maps fucking suck
>the hit detection fucking sucks
>the mantle system fucking sucks
>the level grind fucking sucks
>community servers fucking suck
>having only 200+ ping servers fucking sucks
At level 51, I just can't seem to find any enjoyment out of this game anymore. Nothing to work toward since XP requirements increase exponentially, too few players to populate servers, broken weapon system...
It's not fun anymore. This game fucking sucks.

>play game for two hours
>don't level up once

Took me 50 levels but I'm finally starting to get good.

>apartments and grain elevator

these weren't favorites in any way i honestly think i played grain elevator once in my 100 hours of ro2, it never got picked in campaign mode (the only mode that matters)

what server ya boosting on

>level 50 patch in middle
>below level 50 patch in corner
hmm

I don't boost, I just play a lot.
I play on the official London servers

>captcha 64-75 kill

at least its representative of hamburger hill then

play skirmish a bit,you get a crazy ton of xp there.

campaign mode was awesome,i hope theyll implement it from the roadmap.i always thought there could be a little bit more depth,like investing more combat power for having stuff like more defensive mgs or shoter artillary cooldown or vehicles.it really never made sense to defend unless you were out of steam.

how much? i need 4000+ to level up

yeah they need hella lot more maps though to really implement it properly, at least one for every territory and i don't really know how it would work in rs2 because chinks aren't really made for attacking and americans would be really op on defense

like i never played a SINGLE full map as russians on ro2 or americans in rs1 but we're switching sides all the time in rs2, it's kind of a bummer in my opinion

fuck you man. bridges is a nice map but i hate to play it because it typically takes over an hour to finish a match if both teams are evenly skilled. bridges is the dust 2 of Red Orchestra 2, everyone plays it but nobody really enjoys it. only fun thing is the tank

real battles don't last for 5 minutes like in bawwfield

>be sapper
>retarded SL doesn't build a tunnel
>have to change squad
>all my mines disappear when I do that
>every
>single
>time

>tfw shooting down loaches with the RPG
>tfw shooting a fully-loaded Huey's tail off and watching it spin helplessly

But for some reason I can never manage to hit the Cobra.

>top class rpg 13% usage
>8 helos downed

Yeah I have terrible luck hitting helicopters. I'm more effective using it as a siege weapon against enemy's hunkered in cover.
I still take shots at helicopters, but I keep missing them, haven't really figured out the proper lead required.

>Playing on An Lao
>Steamroll the team and win in 5 minutes

Come on you double niggers I want to fight for B and C

people can sperg all they want but fighting for c on an lao is some of the best action in the game.

>American in voice chat starts slating European armies in wargame about Vietnam
>If it weren't for America, Europe would've never won WW2

the matches are short but you usually get 600+ out of them.its not as unbearable as grinding on an empty server.if you wanna grind skirmish servers are good too sincethe points are close to each other and you cap faster.

thank you to passengers who actually use the m60s for surpression fire.got fucked too often by rpgs or even small arms because the FNGs didnt return fire.

is no one gonna ask how this is done? can someone explain

I'm well aware but not everybody has all day to play a single match

Which is the best map?
and why is it Firebase

lol weebshit

i like lmao valley when the fighting is not just around c.

As a Loach pilot do I get kills? All I do is fly around aiming at moving dots and getting an endless stream of spotter assists

I'm liking JungleRiot, Cambodian Incursion, and the territories version of one of the supremacy maps. Honorable mention to Operation Masher and JungleRaid, latter definitely needs a huge bump in tickets and fixed everything and it'd be perfect. We seriously need more US Defensive maps. JungleRaid makes me hope one of the new official maps will be Khe Sanh in Q4 2017-Q2 2018 or whatever.

You could, yeah.

>Bloodbath updated Cambodian Incursion AGAIN

I'll get a purple heart for this

;_;7

>getting mad that a literal alpha map that is mentioned every other second is still a work in progress is getting updated
did you meant to post a different reaction pic anonkun?

They don't have to do it every fucking day, especially when it takes a goddamn eternity to download it from the server.

Nice potato internet.

It's their shitty server. I usually download at 10MB/s.

I shot someone flying inside of a Huey with the XM21 and got the White Feather achievement. The guy immediately left the game afterwards.

the loach minigun only fires ball ammo,not explosive like the cobra,so its hard to get kills with it,tho ive seen it a couple times.your job simply is spotting gooks and especially their tunnels just like its the hueys job to get grunts into the action.

>75 kills after one round of CuChi as GI
>Call him out for being Sus
>he tries to defend himself while getting a quad kill with a blind grenade
>Admin looks up his profile and bans him from the server
Hahaha Salty Faggot

Just wait until they're right above the ground. Can't miss something practically stationary, and if anyone survives they're disoriented and easy pickings.

>I'm liking the custom maps
Fuck you those maps are garbage. Even the Territory version of Song Bee is SHIT because I can stay on D (what's normally D on Song Bee) and shoot the Diska all day without any GI coming close. I think they can't even get to me without being told to return to the combat area

how to play loach
>spot gook tunnels
>scream over voice chat to get crawlers to destroy them
>win the game
In territories mode as infantry I have single handedly saved matches by sneaking behind the lines and destroying tunnels. denying the VC their spawns right outside the point makes it very hard for them to defend points

It's all in teh Webm my friend

are there lots of people playing this game? Or is it dying

It's lower than most shooters but it's Pop has been steady
steamcharts.com/app/418460

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing. Been a nightmare seeing so many tunnels but lacking the ammo to destroy them

a game isn't in trouble until it reaches Verdun level depopulation ;_;

I just bought Verdun in the sale

i actually destroyed a tunnel on hamburger hill with the loach once,you have to be lucky and hit it
pinpoint accurately.

you are fucked if you're a burger,most active players are in europe.

Mind if I save it?