Does Veeky Forums like the GTI? Seems like a really nice hoopty for the price

Does Veeky Forums like the GTI? Seems like a really nice hoopty for the price.

sorry dude but thats a receptionists car

My girlfriend's feminist fat sister has one the interior is already falling apart after 2 years she has mc Donald's wrappers everywhere and doesn't take care of it

Isnt it time to renew your bus pass?

Too girly/boyracer. I also can't drop $30k on a souped up fwd.

How is t a receptionists car? Guarantee its faster than whatever you drive kid

They kill tunes, but its a shame they have to be FWD, still plenty of speed, they can get pretty decent 1/4 mile times

if you want an understated performance car it's really the only option that is currently sold. type R and wrx are very obviously sports cars and seem kinda juvenile, and I heard the interior is much better in the GTI, but if I had the money for a new car I'd still prefer a WRX or a type R, type R is faster, WRX has AWD. but maybe the type R isn't even in the same class, it starts like 5k higher and usually sells for 10-15k higher, so really this thing competes with the WRX and maybe BRZ, and in that case it is more fun than a BRZ

>more fun than a BRZ
i doubt it

Lol, its too girly AND to boyish? What are you?
Also

>Ever buying new cars..

You can find Mk7s for less than $20k right now.

Not a fan of the BRZ at all. The Type R is only faster than a stock GTI. Both tuned, a GTI will kill a type R easily. Literally no reason not to tune a GTI as well, so much performance for $700

because i only see receptionists drive them up from 5th gen

that's not a hoopty

i'm pretty sure jeremy clarkson isn't a receptionist. if anything, it's a receptionist-puncher's car

Yeah I'm going to buy a car from a group of people who think they can run 500whp with just a tune. If you go the used route you can find a cheap 86 and fix it's flaws for less than new GTI money.

I'm guessing you don't know that we're not talking about average VW golfs.
The GTI, and the R even more so, are pretty fast and nimble.
I've yet to see a receptionist drive either. But then again. I don't go around asking people what they drive.

nope im talking about the gti
infact i see more girls driving the gti and all beta numales drive the standard

the female receptionist at my work drives a gti.

Sure kid.

Why do normal golf's have 2.5's and this only has a 2.0? Why am I paying more for a smaller engine?

VW's are just so boring. They're nice, but that's kind of the problem. Too effortless, too businesslike, too serious. They have no personality.

Gti is a sjw LGBT dike car . It's all I see who drives them

So she’s more of a man than you??

for a few more grand you can get a 15+ mustang gt premium.

why not get an audi? at least then youll have awd and a decent interior, and look like you actually have a job and dont spend all your money on fitted hats and vaping accessories.

Why so triggered ?

wew
did the kids in school just get out or something

what did you mean by this?

Yea, I’ll pay more for four hoops overlapping..

..and awd
..and a nice interior
..and to not look like a teenager
..and a quieter and overall nicer driving experience

I could get a Golf R for less, would also take tunes better. Audi shill please leave.

for less than what?

someone doesn't know how to shop around.

Receptionist rarely drive $25k cars. Their salaries are typical in the high twenties or low thirties and they don't prioritize cars enough to spend a year plus salary on one.

Literally the most normie car. I like the Abarth better even though it's slower. Something about that exhaust note that makes me hnnnnng.

srs question, not trying to be a dick. where do you live? im pretty sure the subway sandwich artists around here make more than 25k. not a single office job pays below 45-50k around here.

GTi's are honestly too expensive for the price, The wrx is around the same and its awd. The new civic SI has a god tier engine now that it is turbo'd, and the abarth sounds much cooler.

What is car loans ....
I see people who live in shitty apartments or trailers that drive $50k cars ..

are you a landscaper? i only ask because youd have to spend the better part of your life listening to lawnmowers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers to think an abarth sounds even remotely good.

I'm about to go for 2018 golf R.

>40 replies
>17 posters
really makes me think

You mean Subaru

half the posts are op replying to people. take that away and you have 20 replies by 16 people. big whoop, go fuck yourself.

The WRX is slow as shit. The best trim still has a shitty interior too.

The GTI's 0-60 in 6 something is far from fast.

They've received a lot of praise but I personally would not get one when I could get a civic si instead

the mk7 is pretty fast

Some of Veeky Forums hate VAG with a passion cuz they are triggered by it getting better and better.

I do like GTI cuz it is one of the greatest cars out there. Jeremy Clarkson and others know this.

>5.4 seconds 0-60 is slow
You guys are delusional, not even a WRXfag but seriously get the fuck out of here

220hp and 3200lbs is quick, not fast.

Your average crew cab short box with a tune would keep up with that.

ok so spend another $500 for a tune and then go fast if you're really that upset about it

Subaru massively under reports 0-60 times. The STI might be able to do 5. The WRX is really more like 6-6.5 with the manual. On the other hand, the germans always over report 0-60. On a lot of mercedes you can get a half a second to a second faster, with VAG it's a bit less but still rated higher than actual.

>Your average crew cab short box with a tune would keep up with that.
WELL GEEZ WHEN YOU PUT IT LIKE THAT HAHA WHAT A FUCKING SLOW PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU CAN'T REACH 0-60 IN 2 SECONDS YOU SUCK AND YOUR CAR IS FUCKING SLOW HURRRRR DUUUUUURRRRRR I DRIVE A CIVIC

Yeah and stress that 2l even more. VW people...

A $3,000 Civic with $1,273 in mods can do 0-60 in 5.27 seconds get wrecked

those engines are good for at least three hundred horsepower stock dipshit

It doesn't need to do 0-60 in 2 seconds but it should be quicker than something twice as heavy.

gti is nice, rather get a fist tho less comfy but more exciting to drive

Another reason to only buy German. They way overengineer their engines, as opposed to the chinks and amerifats that design engines that explode instantly if you add 50hp.

yeah i have a 2.0t. been pushing close to 400 crank for over 2 years now. only had to replace my engine once. highly recommended.

don't you have some rice to pick, ling ling?

>On the other hand, the germans always over report 0-60.
lol no
>Subaru massively under reports 0-60 times.
kek never mind, Subaru fanboi

>hatchback

Get off the internet kid. 0 to 60 times dont matter, anything that gets under 14 on the 1/4 mile is fast. BTW post what you drive bus boi.

not him, but its arguably the most important performance metric for a street car. and its relative. 6s would feel slow if youre used to 4s, and fast if youre used to 8s.

No one has even tried to tune a Type R yet, so we don't know how much more boost it can take. For all you know, it could hit 400 whp.

Not really, think about it. When do you accelerate from 0 to 60 on a normal day? From a stop light?? handling and acceleration from a roll are more important., if you ask me.

>When do you accelerate from 0 to 60 on a normal day? From a stop light??
more than i probably should. the faster it gets the more it happens. get a fast car and itll happen to you too.

You're so out of touch with reality it's sad / funny

maybe. flyover state land is like another world to me.

Lol, "get a faster car" Guarantee your shit box isnt faster than mine. But I guess its ok to dream.

okay

He said nothing about not having a fast car lol. 0 to 60 is infact most useless stat to brag about. Wouldnt expect anything less from a bench racer though.

Its a great daily and is really fun but something about them just makes me prefer all the other options.

>0 to 60 is infact most useless stat to brag about
spoken like someone who drives a car with a shitty 0-60 time.

And who the fuck wants that?

when I tested them I thought the focus/fiesta st felt alot more fun. Gti interior on another level than anything else new for 20k tho.

its bus riders like you that kill this board

but i dont ride a bus, i cut 1.7s 60' times.

Its important to some people roads are shit around here everything is straight

Even if you did, it wouldn't make you any less of an autistic freak

whatever you say, buddy

Lol post what you drive nerd

why, so you can shit on it? ill let you guys get back to shitposting, ill just go back to actual car forums to talk about actual car shit.

Holy shit, I almost spat out my water. I asked for a pic of your car! You really are autistic LOL! The definition of a bench racer, post pics of dyno sheets.. I bet you're mexican too Lol

>dyno sheets
you sound really smart.

>Baseless insults are sure to make me look smart

Show me a pic of your anime waifu next why dont ya?

if you wonder why people who actually know about cars dont post here, posts like these are a prime example.

Its not everyday that I encounter a genuine faggot

You still havent posted a pic of your shit mobile.

>say 0-60 times are important
"youre a busrider"
>say i drag race
"youre autistic"
>post maps from my custom big turbo meth tune
"youre a faggot"

okay

You finally connecting the pieces? Drag racing is stupid. Nobody asked to see your stupid nerd shit. Post your shit box, or just stop responding. Kids like you are killing this board.

surely posting my car will turn things around. i mean, what's left after autistic busriding faggot?

I liked your neat o meth tune, but stop replying, they just want (you) s

Its almost as if you are literally autistic.

Listen to this dude, you're just making yourself look even more retarded.

>The new civic SI has a god tier engine now that it is turbo'd

hah, no.... it was a HUGE let down that it had a higher strung regular civic 1.5.

Theres not much else to be had from it. Really poor choice but I see why. Otherwise people would ignore the Type R if the Si had the same engine but detuned.