Housing: Renting vs buying

What is better anons buying or renting ?

Pros and cons of each one.

Note: I dont have family nor want to have one so buying sounds bad to me because whenever I die I would have no one to inherit the fucking place.

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/housing/renting-v-buying/v/renting-vs-buying-a-home
youtube.com/watch?v=KAMeI4uHAFE
docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

depends on market, dunno situation in US but here housing prices are super high and rising and its impossible for 90% of this generation to even consider owning a house. personally gonna keep renting and saving + keep job stability until housing bubble bursts so I'll be in good position for a loan

Age income location?

>saving
Lol. Why

Neither, living with mommy

Buy a house, regardless of the market, because renting you won't see the money anyway. Also either get a small place to keep your mortgage low per month so you can pay more then the monthly minimum or a bigger a house and rent out the basement. Basically a 2nd income straight to you.

Pros of renting. Basically a small house that you don't have to manage and can move from whenever.

If the housing bubble bursts, you won't be able to get a loan. That's part of why it crashes. You'll have to wait for a recovery at which point the houses won't be as cheap since the government will bail out people who made bad choices.

>not living with parents and saving.

This is the population pyramid of my country. All the baby boomers have houses. When they die, there will be too many houses for the way smaller group of people alive. Can anyone give me a reason why simple supply-demand wouldn't mean prices will go down?

hordes of immigrants

Khan academy had a good video about this

Can't afford houses though.

hordes of skilled/semiskilled/wealthy immigrants

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/housing/renting-v-buying/v/renting-vs-buying-a-home

I see no reason to suspect these are coming.

I'm see more value in buying in other countries. Perhaps Eastern Europe if they can get their corruption under control just a tiny bit more.

>renting
>EVER

you'd be a special breed of dumdum to even consider renting to be better than buying

renting is like stuffing money into a burning oven, you dont own shit, even after X years

buy a house and if lucky, it will actually rise in value as time goes on because the space around you becomes vewer and more valuable (unless a zombie apocalypse breaks out)

If you can't buy a home outright with cash then you are living out of your means.

It's not quite that simple in every situation, you don't into finance do you?

educate yourself on what "opportunity cost" means

If you are likely to move, don't buy. Also don't buy into a bubble (eg any place Chinese people live). Don't buy if you can't at least down pay at least 20-30%

Renting
>mobile, can just pack things and leave. General freedom and not being a wageslave
>rot, mold, structural damage is not your problem
>can sit out bubbles if they are obvious eg. Sydney, Toronto, bay area

Buying
>muh equity. Your money (at least for the largest part) goes into something that has actual value.
>if you pay off you only pay taxes and utility which normally isn't much
>can rent it out to other people and make shekels
but subject to market fluctuations. The idea that real estate = always increasing in value is a boomer fantasy. Look at people who bought in 2005 and ask them how it feels paying a 400.000 loan for a 150.000 house for the rest of your life.

All in all only buy if you can be sure you are going to be around long time. But are you really? Cushy union jobs are mostly gone

>I dont have family nor want to have one
so this is where I'm at too and it's like why even move out of my parents house?

and even if I did why get a full house? four bedrooms and multiple bathrooms and yards? wtf would I need that for unless I want to deal with fucking renters?

condos/townhomes are nice but association fees are up to 50% of rent anyways and property tax on top of that

if I couldn't stand my parents i dont see any reason to do anything but a cheap 1 br apartment closer to work

you need to at least give a city name for anyone to give you a rough estimate on living expenses renting vs buying.

>why even move out of parents house
social life decreases, and potential for having a family also decreases each year since the older you are, the less likely you will have your own family.

parental burden increases in time. As they get older you become more stuck at handling their house problems and issues they run into. This is less apparent when you are younger and a huge burden when they get older.

> If you're lucky
I think I rather rent a cheap him with no risk (don't have to do any work, don't have to replace anything that breaks, can move for work on a dime) then put all of my money in a place that could lose all of its value tomorrow if a family that has 40 kids moves in next door.

at 24 i don't have a family or want one, i don't see that changing ever
social life can kiss my ass, it's a good thing I'm occupying this high paying job with fantastic benefits so it can't go to some beta provider tool

Just move out and never contact your parents again. I can tell you aren't American, or else you would already do this.

you must have just finished watching the big short kek. Go back to class

I live with them Im just interested in this topic

I was not saying it isn't wrong to live with your parents for an extended period of time, but to do that until they retire is just not healthy for him or his parents. There isn't a reason to cut ties with relatives.

youtube.com/watch?v=KAMeI4uHAFE

Only if you have shit credit

>buy nice house in nice neighboorhood
>nignogs move in next door
>nignogs move in next door x300
>decide to sell
>only buyer: nignogs
>real estate devalued

I prefer renting.. can leave anytime you want... and where the money is hot.

I rent because I move large distances,

buy a fucking house or you are going to be 40 years old looking back going... fuck... i should've bought a house at 20. shit. fuck. cocksucker.

Even if you have to move for work you can sell and then buy where you are moving to. Or you can always buy another house and rent the other out. whatever the case... buy a fucking house.

wouldn't that be the point of him saving money? so he won't have to get a loan he just buys a house for cheap when it crashes?

my parents have a paid home because they bought a house when it was cheap and finished paying last year. if i were to buy the same house now i would probably never finish paying for it because of the interest rates

Thank you Jews and liberals for forced integration.

will still be cheaper than they are now after recovery also my country recovered amazingly after gfc so don't think they'll be stupid with bailouts in such a situation

>not renting a home and subletting every closet and buying REITs

Do you even jew?

Your country will have huge amounts of debt to service from which it will require tax payers.

Encouraging the natives to breed is too slow and expensive (schools etc)

Instead it will bring in a replacement population to milk to tax to service the debts.

These individuals wont have any previous debt and (((banks))) will be happy to lend to them, with the government as a hidden guarantor as each purchase made using loaned money boosts the GDP figure

We live in crazy times

I posted Veeky Forums sticky once that had a guide on this.

docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA/edit