EU, YES!

>All cars could be fitted with devices that stop them going over 70mph, under new EU road safety measures which aim to cut deaths from road accidents by a third.

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/10278702/EU-plans-to-fit-all-cars-with-speed-limiters.html

Who ready to mod their car now? Surely we can get around this with a few simple mods?

Other urls found in this thread:

heritage.org/index/ranking
telegraph.co.uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking fight this Germany, please. Save the Autobahn, save the 'Ring. That being said,
>telegraph

>europe getting cucked this bad

meanwhile in the glorious state of Florida we're importing R32's and Cresta's as fast as possible without a care in the world

FFS can we not go two posts without resorting to using the word cuck?

good luck, nothing on my car is electric

Well at least with the UK leaving the EU they'll be sparred these rules.

>Traveling at CA highway speeds (so, 65MPH + a few to keep up with flow of traffic)
>Accident conditions develop
>Attempt to put on the gas to gtfo
>Can't accelerate past the rest of the traffic
>Get involved in accident

YEP, THIS WILL SAVE LIVES, GUYS.

They've talked about this since the 90's at the latest. I'm amazed it took them this long to actually put it into action

What would cars look like if they were cucked to 70mph?

Would smaller, more agile cars become more popular than bigger and more powerful cars?

Isn't it the differences in speed and not necessarily the speed itself that causes accidents? Granted the faster you go the bigger the potential accident. I mean in short just don't get in an accident.

this

California will be soon to follow

> just don't get in an accident
man revolutionized the car industry with this one simple trick
click here to find out

Bus riders finally feel superior

Unlikely. It would be ruled as unconstitutional.
Pending that argument you would see a surge in used cars being bought up and the majority of consumers (read: auto enthusiasts) wouldn't buy a new car.

Leave the speed to the track

nah

>Accident conditions develop

wat.

The UK is so repressive, they will introduce it on their own.

Im impressed they haven't already.

>mfw not long ago chipped my flat mates ecu to remove the limiter
It was limited to 180km/h before, now it will do 260 and keeps pulling

Pic related is my one, it never had a limiter

>september 2013

>the GT-R's integrated computer limits the vehicle's speed in Japan to 111 mph (180 km/h), but once the GPS system detects that you've arrived at a domestic circuit, it removes the top speed limiter

IT'S OK WHEN GLORIOUS NIPPON DOES IT

Whatever, my 25 years old Mazda wont even reach the limit, going above 90km/h in it is more exciting and probably more dangerous than going 120 in a passerati

what a stupid post, not to mention average californian highway speed is closer to 80 mph

This is an article posted in 2013 why can't you idiots read a date?

OLD NEWS

Torygraph anty EU propaganda.

The UK is freer than the USA:
heritage.org/index/ranking

>Torygraph

The same paper that claimed we would have had 60mph limits forced on motorways by now.

>have carby engine
>??????
????????

>telegraph.co.uk

How is that supposed to be impressive? You're the cucks of the aumototive world with your 25 year law. In Europe you can import anything you want.

It's still forced on the M1 tho

dumb and fat americans

>average californian highway speed is closer to 80 mph
Then why the fuck is it every time I see california plates they don't know that the left lane is for passing, and get shitter shattered when I flash my highbeams to pass? They 10/10 times will get extremely aggressive like I'm trying to fuck with them when really I just want to pass on the fucking interstate.

sounds like something the UK nanny state would think of and support. good luck with this proposal anywhere outside of scandi cuckdoms and possibly France.

>All cars could be fitted with devices that stop them going over 70mph
Guess you can't import to America since there are state freeways that are 85mph

stopped reading at
>all cars could be fitted with

>mfw i dont live in USA or europe

I've heard about car and gun laws in the UK and Australia. They're not free.

>required to get a license and go through background checks to get guns in Aus
>burgerbrain goes on about muh freedoms because you can't go down to your local McDonald's and buy an AR
Ok
Also
>car laws in Aus
>can import R34s and all sorts of jap shit
>do this in the US and they get crushed

UK a shit tho

I second this >wat

What kind of condition require acceleration on highway? A plane doing a crash landing on the road?

Want a gun in the UK just get the background checks and you can. Want a 5-year olf JDM car in the US and you get bent over and fucked.

Australia isn't worth looking at because it's just convicts and venomous animals.

in australia you have to store your guns in a 225lbs plus safe, locked, and you cant use them for home defense

home invasions aren't a common thing here, not a third world country

just started driving and even I can tell californian drivers are horrible.

>a device that stops you from reaching the speedlimit

What the fuck

mate tell that to the sudanese in melbourne

Do you drive a mechanically fuel injected diesel?

the UK is the big brother of this side of the world
>"if you're not doing anything bad you shouldnt care!"

>can't buy semiautomatics at all in Australia and the UK
>can't shoot in self defense
>this is okay

Idk about california but in the Houston area flashing your high beams at someone is akin to "what're you doing asshole?"

All the fucking Californians moving to Texas makes me wanna kms desu. They have extremely selective/unpredictable respect for the rules of the road, and this is coming from a hoon.

[citation needed]

18-wheeler starts pulling into your lane because you're in their blind spot just behind the cab and the driver didn't spot you - if you have no other clear lane to move into and you hit the brakes they'd probably still roll over you, safest move is to accelerate away from the hazard.

I'm sorry, I thought that was common knowledge.

nigger

try to buy a pistol or ar in the uk

this is what a uk "pistol" looks like

You can get semi-automatic shotguns in the UK
that's it as far as semi-auto goes though apart from .22lr

you can buy pistols in the uk with a regular firearms licence and they don't have to look like that.

Theres no law-enforced passing lanes in California, so they go out of state thinking that everywhere else is the same.

Not unless you are the home secretary's fuckboi and somehow got a Section 5 exemption.

Brexit; EU law no longer applies to the UK. Fuck off, brussels.

Want to cut deaths from road accidents?
> Mandatory airplane mode for the driver's phone before the car will start.
> Replace airbags with shotguns, but leave all the sensors intact.
> Make it so drivers are legally allowed to mow down jaywalkers, and scrap 'pedestrian safety' design mandates
> Child seats have a brick of plastic explosive linked to the airbag sensors; airbag goes off, child goes boom.
> Side impact protection is replaced by barbed spikes

People would soon learn not to get into accidents, and to stay the fuck off the road.

>Torygraph
Labour voter detected.

>anty
Stupid labour voter detected.

>British news
>doing anything but bashing the EU

consider the following: there are mercedes that can achieve 300 km/h made with speed limiters at 120km/h in germany

FUCKING SOVIET UNION 2.0 REEEEEEEEEEE

The downside is having to live in Florida

speed limits are to collect revenue not for safety.

>Cresta

Get a clue m8, our own government is just as shit and anti-liberty as the EU

>force auto manufacturers to limit the cars to 70mph
>tick in a box to remove the speed limiter before placing an order for the car

wew

theres a hole in this "news" article
nobody in the Europe uses miles except for the British isles

Every single car can brake faster than it can accelerate.

Braking is acceleration.

only if they're 22s

you can't buy a real centerfire pistol in the UK

Deceleration you mong

"Deceleration" is a dullard's misnomer, acceleration is a relative vector, there's no such thing as a deceleration.

180kmh is kind of acceptable unlike 112kmh.

>Cut ignition

>breaker based ignition

What are they going to cut then? Unless they've got a little fucking Keebler elf under my hood waiting to yank the coil wire, their ass ain't "cutting" shit.

My E550 can do 179 mph, but is electronically limited to 130 because it was delivered with H rated tires in the US.

>co.uk
into the trash it goes

>oh (You)
I knew this would make an autist respond.

"Nothing on my car is electric" I say as I hand crank my model t

>autist

Where do you think we are?

I unironically like pic related in your post.

>majority of consumers (read: auto enthusiasts)
Enthusiasts are such a minority they don't even matter. The average consumer won't give a shit about this and will probably even think it's a good thing.

ich lieb meine autobahn ohne geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung

mein kind soll des auch noch erleben

Well sieg fucking heil to you too der fuhrer.

und ich lieb dein kind ohne grenzen

;^)

>There are people on this board as retarded as this guy
I never really gave much thought to the Reddit invasion, but ow I am having second thoughts.

Go back to neogaf you cuck

>Europeans in charge of having a car culture
tiippest toppest kek
You fuckers don't get to criticize anything about American cars or car culture when you drive 0.9L diesel cuckboxes that can't go over 70

>American reading comprehension
you know that proposals very rarely translate into laws and that news sites are constantly looking for the most asinine proposals in order to write clickbait articles?

>that can't go over 70
Even a Polo SlowMotion with a 3-cylinder 1.0 can reach 85mph no problem.
You don't need a 8L V8 to get enough power to reach highway speeds (85mph).

Nigger I drive a 1l petrol cuckbox and it'll go over 100. That's irrelevant.

they are all illiterate illegal mexicans, with retard-tier IQ, always looking for a fight

>tfw europe but german so just did a 240kmh run on my bike legally