/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Latest Patch Details
playgwent.com/en/news

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old thread:

>approaching rank 16
>drop 800 MMR
What the fuck do I do, /gwt/?

take a break, you're probably on tilt

I'm tired of losing. Gimme a top non-skellige deck please, /gwt/.

just check what's swim is playing right now

try buff monsters, that 37 cards nr deck, or that st deck with francesca

I've seen pretty different buff monsters lists, an Eredin Frost version was posted in the last thread but a recent #1 deck was a Dagon Fog variant. How do they compare?

ok fellas which one
Keira is premium

Is buff monsters better than dagon consume?

pick the premium always

Keira

will do thanks

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

dragon is the best card, but taking a premium is usually fine

although dragon might get nerfed/changed at some point so its possible you could get a refund

Keira is pretty good. Borkh on the other hand doesn't work in a meta where everybody has shackles in their deck.

Does anybody have a good/fun Mulligan/Move ST deck? Ive been playing DORFS but it gets old pretty fast

fuck consoles for delaying patches

Any sekrit club/discord around yet?

>shackles doesn't counter shackles.
>that running 3 shackles with kambi/bork isn't mandatory.

Shackles buffs those cards incredibly, they let you counter their attempts to mitigate through gold cards and unfuck the shackles they might throw at you. Whats more because the debuff synergy is keeps them from being dead cards you can and definately should run 3 in a deck where as non kambi/borkh decks can't run the risk of taking so many potentially dead cards.

Ironically the one card that was meant to hinder borkh and Kambi in CB ended up buffing it.

Weather monsters + drowners and last wish would be better than mulligan ST tbqhfamalam.

That's just some bullshit certain devs are promoting as an excuse for their own issues.

Even when a dupe.

Cut your loses.

MMR system is broken CDPR is trying to unfuck it, irc the number 1 positions mmr is actually declining every day making the 4400 goal unattainable. I'm in the exact same boat, hit rank 16 playing Queenguard, MMR balance patch drops sitting at 2550.

Don't know how you fair but I'll get two wins and get like 20 MMR a game and then some 2.4k player with regis/grave robbers comes in and wins the game at matchmaking costing me 60+ MMR. Worse still is the Vico NG players that end up playing Queensguard in front of me, is this what being cucked feels like?

Feels like forced 50 all over again.

Are Raiders bugged beyond the normal mulligan bug? I swear they are all on top of my deck, every time.

Triss a cute

wrong thread

I found out how to make Gwent fun again. Play Kambi.

i apologize, good bye

that 37 card deck is a stroke of genius
best fun I've had in gwent in a week

take the premium keira. it's one of the most aesthetic cards in the game and it's useful without being game breaking garbage like borkh

>Keira is an air/lightning mage
>Has Epidemic instead of Alzhur's Thunder

>capable of replicating the Catriona plague with magic
>not epidemic
play witcher 3

How often is Saskia run in ST? I want to craft Saskia for fat Brouver tempo in round 1. Will she be useful in most ST decks? Or will I regret crafting her once the novelty from fat Brouver wears off?

always

saskia is pretty much the ST gold essential. it's less about how she helps you win and more about the fact ST has pretty crap golds

She's in literally every ST deck.

tells you how weak the faction is when a tempo leader player is mandatory no matter the leader chosen

Thanks guys. I'll get to messing around with fat Brouver.

this is really disappointing

what the fuck are you talking about. all of these are good

ele'yas is definitely going to be reworked, or really good at some point
odrin is just a fun card right now, but definitely not disappointing or useless.

Watching Noxious or getting waterboarded - which is more painful?

I don't know, user, because I've never done either of those things.

something fundamentally about weather has to change for the longtime health of this game.

>Capable of replicating the catriona plague
>Capable

You clearly didn't follow that story line properly, she makes a cure and a fortune from selling it, she can't control it with her will alone.

She'd be better with an immune boost potion, Quen and Thunder.

vaccines are just weakened versions of the disease.
your proposed change makes her dumpster tier, and she may as well be a silver mage then.

Patrician taste user. Kambi best deck right now.

holy shit i just found out that snowballing with Swim's meme NF decks makes Skellishitter so mad that they prolong the game with taking their time

what a time to be alive

It was worse in CB when it would set everything to one. Weather as a mechanically is alright, the problem though is those Aretuzas and Hounds drawing it whilst also thinning the deck. They get to play it for free. Simply cutting that would be a massive blow to the weather spam we're seeing. Whats more people need to use the row clears and Immune boost potions more.

Axemen are a problem in and of themselves it is not weathers fault, you could actually swap their ability with that of Vabjorn in turn he'd actually get played and the game would be far more balanced than at current.

TRISS COME BACK DON'T LEAVE ME HERE WITH THESE NERDS

Has anyone tried running immune boosts instead of traditional weather clear? Had any luck with it?

clear sky should be an actual weather effect, effecting all the rows, and eating a weather spell on each row, or canceling existing weather on a row.

It works okay with Ithlinne if you're playing ST. Otherwise it's not really effective. If you play a card that comes out in threes, it can worth including. I keep one in my NG deck just for golems.

>vaccines are just weakened versions of the disease.

And this gives her the ability to control the disease by magic how?

Epidemic is a shit bronze very flaky, Immune boosts are better than T.bolts for countering weather that 3 unit rows are susceptible too, plus fits her lore better. How exactly is this in anyway a nerf to her current kit?

Odrin's actually pretty fun despite those fucking poles removing PFI. Play kaedweni sergeant in melee row, he pulls out a blue stripe, Henselt (In ranged) the other 2 sergeants and blue stripes and put them in ranged and siege, then drop Odrin in melee. Not in gigni range, Odrin will bounce and +2 every turn, and with that positioning Odrin will never be the one to get gigni'd because even if he bounces to ranged row where Henselt is he bumps the other nerds up higher than himself.

Actually have a lot of fun playing a Priscilla/Odrin deck.

so, making her a shitty version of dethmold, except 2 points higher and taking a gold slot, is somehow an improvement.
welcome to the CDPR development team, you'll fit right in with rethaz and co.

>weather as a mechanic is alright
no, not like this
since open beta, all top tier cancer decks except Calveit have heavily used weather as a core element. and gold weather didn't even need to be built around before the nerf.
telling people to run more clears is not a solution without gimping your deck. and the fact that you still get punished by weather even when you have first light by 0 tempo, while the other guy at least gets 1 tick of his weather, says all too much.

weather is fundamentally broken and will kill this game if it is not changed.

>Stop playing for a week
>Turn on Gwent to see if anything has changed
>Meta is still the same

Honestly, those patches need to be faster. 20 days+ for a change (which is what is gonna be in the end) is ridiculous. That combined with very few cards every two months is gonna make it rough to keep playing this game.

I have around 100 hours, so I guess for a free game that is great, but it's disappointing that it could be so much more.

Anyone else hit a milestone rank like 15 and just stop caring about climbing the ladder as a result of the current meta and mmr system?

Hit Rank 15 as well, currently 2.7k

Waiting for new patch for balance changes to keep playing again.

>rank 16
one day it's all SK, the next it's all weather monster with SK, and then it repeats with a few streamer netdecks in between.
it's a very boring meta to play, and bears and weather just outright kill half the potential decks that could be up competing at the top.
since 4800 mmr is unattainable, there's no real reason to climb any higher.

What exactly is it that your suggesting changes it at current? It effects all rows, it cancels them etc By eating a spell do you suggest that it should absorb a future application because because that is pure horseshit, 1 bronze that cucks 6 whole bronze cards that can be spammed 3 times. This is reddit balance at its finest.

FL isn't the counter to single row weather effects its the counter to ragh/drought which can freely be included in any deck as it has the rally.

At most I'd argue that it could exist as a 1 strength high armor unit that sits in the mid row cancelling weather effects for 1 extra turn before banishing itself. Sitting in each row indefinitely waiting to soak a bronze card because some players are too autistic to run a pair of immune boosts and row clear cards because they don't have synergy with your deck archetype doesn't mean that weather based decks should be completely unviable.

If they proposed removing weather would you be for it?

rather have three choices for clear sky, rally, normal clear sky, and another version, call it whatever.
the third version would be a weather effect for a row, but it does nothing but eat one weather effect for that row, a proactive measure.

main problem with weather right now is that there is no proactive cards, only reactive, resulting always in negative tempo for those effected.

It works very well on 3 unit rows, better than the clears even as you can sit in it and take no damage. the same is true for wide rows with lots of different strength values, when dealing with fog/rain, these thing will work, wide rows with frost or lots of the same unit are were the row clears come in.

Honestly if you build your rows with 4 or more units wide and get fucked by fog because the values are even or simply all odds/evens then you deserve the fucking weather will give you. Same can be said for building wide rows without row clears for frost.

Wouldn't just having weather effects go off at the end of turn instead of start do this in a far less convoluted way?

problem is that weather is rarely played from hand, it's often for free, and deck thins, from other bronzes
so, good luck.

No proactive cards? What is Quen and Immune boost?

As for tempo, there is an argument that unless the fog/rain is hitting 5 units or your row had like 8 units for frost it can be argued that any other bronze card would generate a higher point value. Taking one tick is fine if you can limit the damage further.

Your suggestion would utterly ruin the weather system into a meme that doesn't get used until the meta slips up on including weather protection, at which point swim will make a deck that exploits it which will work for a few hours and they will be re included in the deck. It's that hard of a counter to the system.

you can include only so many different bronzes in your deck without fucking your mulligan.
i'd rather see more time spent on rebalancing existing cards, and fixing this shit meta, than trying to rework weather.
SK has ridiculous synergy with weather, unlike even weather monster, and there's two ways to go about fixing that, either bring down the point value of their bronzes, or spend a few hundred hours figuring out how to rework weather.

It would but it would punish weather hard, if you don't want to take the first tick then use quen, as it is if a weather card only got one tick out of damage its entire use then it would be a still be a shit play.

Unless your a row stacking tard that gave a biting frost 8 targets.

True if they simple created the weather effect and didn't draw it from deck the weather spam would be far less powerful.

1. change: weather hits at the end the turn
2. change: frost deals 1 dmg to the highest and lowest unit on the row. ties work like fog/rain right now.

there, weather is balanced now.

Yeah any more than 6 different bronze cards means a fucked deck in my book, that doesn't mean you need can't fit 2 row clears and 2 immune boosts in a 3 3 3 2 2 2 deck format. Alternatively you could take 3 of both and just take less of the archetype cards.

Some players believe 7 unique bronze cards is ok and run a weird 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 bronze format with a single shackle a mushroom etc but I don't like them.

SK doesn't have any weather synergy outside of their axemen, those axemen would be far better off being reworked than addressing weather, I'd actually argue that Vabjorn would be better with the axemen ability than he is at current and would see more play accordingly, heck he would likely even be strong at that point.

>play Drought
>FL counters it before any damage
>play Ragh
>opponent passes at a point lead
>nonviable = balanced!

>SK has no weather synergy outside of axemen
shield maidens, hjalmar, the strongest bronze and gold, with absolutely no contest now that NG is dead, in the game right now both benefit tremendously from weather.
best part, bears let SK not even bother with weather at all, since they're effectively frost on all the opponent's rows for one turn, yet another balanced and fair card, just as braindead as weather.

This and first light should affect only one row. Then weather is balanced.

Maidens benefit from bears more than weather and Hjalmar from Maidens more than anything else, failing that lugos.

Bears would be better at 4 base strength as it was originally, 9 seems to be the value a bronze card needs to meet to break even and be considered a worthwhile play, bears do this too quickly.

>1. change: weather hits at the end the turn
Good job retard, you just made like 30 cards including golds obsolete

Weather was just fine in CB where you actually hard to think about your actions instead of I SEE UNIT I WEATHURRR

1. change: make weather faction specific, give Frost & White Frost to Eredin, give Fog & Skellige Storm to Dagon.

there, weather is balanced now.

1. change: weather only damages a unit down to its base strength.

>Weather was just fine in CB where you actually hard to think about your actions instead of I SEE UNIT I WEATHURRR
There was always a degree of that to be quite honest family.

>BWAAAAH SK IS BROKEN

No, is currently not. If you are whining about SK you are a 2000mmr shitter. NR with 37 cards is better. The new ST deck with dwarves and movement is better, the Eredin consume deck is better.

But you're wrong

No, i'm not. SK is being countered by every deck listed there.

Every top deck is Skellige variant whether be it Crach an Craite or Bran

You're objectively wrong if more than 70% of the ladder is one faction and those 2 leaders total over 50% win rate.

Just list 1 SK which is being used on high elo ladder and I'll believe you. Because i'm on 3500mmr and every fucking deck is literally non-SK atm.

agreed. you faggots need to get good. monster is way more stronger faction than sk. you just can't counter sk and that's your problem. build a good deck and you are fine.

still no patch news?
ffs CDPR, at least share some thoughts

It's not the deck, it's the cards.

Hjallmar either needs to be nerfed or Tibor needs to be unnerfed

This preferential treatment bullshit has to stop

Weather in CB was aweful, the tempo you would get was so absurd that games were won based on having the last say in the game and palying ragh/aeromancy.

If you want that back you're a retard.

So unbuffed cards get weather immunity. Weather is fine mechanically your decks are just shit.

Both need to be nerfed or an awful lot of cards need to be buffed

Iorveth is a 10 strength gold card....

>share some thoughts
they already did: nuke skellige

I hope they nuke Skellige with no survivors

Yeah, they think Skellige needs to be nuked into orbit like the rest of us but you can thank consolefags

Why is every faction so boring compared to Nilfgods?

because their women don't bathe

>dude medics LMAO also ambassador kek
whoa

do you think they will ever implement Toussaint characters ?

look it's the meet up between the Monster and Skellige fanbase

anyone got a screenshot of this so called 37 deck

sounds fun

go to gwentdb you brainlet

> playing reveal NG against SK shiter #26141646246
> obviously have to use my gold to reveal opponent's shit
> fight hard all the way to r3
> run avallach+kambi+hajlmar+dshackles.exe

first time in 142hours on gameplay i haven't gg'd someone. nuke that faction already

NG has most flexible decks, prove me wrong fagget

>Not being selective in who you GG

The following people deserve no GG
>Tryhard ranked shitters in Casual
>Meta dick riders
>netdeckers
>weather flood cancer

Just as life finds a way cancer refuses to die.