/hg/ - Halo General

If you're going to do it, at least do it right Edition.

- - - NEWS - - -
Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare expansion announced for Fall this year
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

The Complete Oral History of Halo waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

- - - Thread References - - -
Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/flood-of-emotion

Discord
discord.gg/DEN5Tv7

Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

installation01.org/updates/1498670180
youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2Q62wMJBY&t=0s
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA
youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY
youtube.com/watch?v=HwtxyxD-KKs
youtube.com/watch?v=8CqJNe_Uynk
haloterms.bungie.org/
blog.ascendantjustice.com/
forwarduntodawn.com/
leviathan.bungie.org/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGTfwcb8YUlAxC8IIkQUL86yGdImhTDuC&feature=mh_lolz
halopedia.org/
imgur.com/a/Aar68
docs.google.com/document/d/1oUayHP3FXfU1QE-80DE7B5VXMjcGlSa-QWe-nH7kGs8/edit?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't mind me, just posting some friendly opinions

That was my pic... so I guess we agree?

Seems that way

>Complete this sentence.

To get over our misfortunes and truely make /hg/ great again, people have to understand that ____________.

If we're gonna keep this general alive, can we at least update the pastebin and OP? Let's get some ideas going of what both should include or if the pastebin should be merged with the OP

To get over our misfortunes and truely make /hg/ great again, people have to understand that both Reach and Guardians are fun games

When's the new leaders drop

My first Halo tier list....

>Old Wise Man tier
Halo CE before XBL and before Halo2 was even announced

Halo PC

Halo2 Xbox. Pre 360. Pre DLC.

>I know some stuff but im still unwise tier

Halo CE 360

Halo2 360

Halo PC post 360 days

>What is Xbox connect and what you mean Halo wasnt always on XBL tier

Halo3

Halo Reach

Halo ODST

>Im a babby dont ask me anything important because I only know very little. Forgive me tier

>Halo MCC

>Halo 5

>Im the strange kid who has to go against the grain tier

Halo Wars.

Halo Wars 2

ODST

Reach

>Beyond saving tier

Never owned an Xbox or 360. First Halos were remakes

Prove me wrong senpaitachi

installation 01 wont be getting C&D'ed by microsoft
installation01.org/updates/1498670180

YoU aRe, AlL oF yOu, VeRmIn.
CoWeRiNg In YoUr DiScOrD, tHiNkInG... wHaT, i WoNdEr.
ThAt YoU mIgHt EsCaPe ThE cOmInG fIrE?
nO.
yOuR gEnErAl wIlL dIe AgAiN aNd AgAiN, uNtIl It'S eXiStAnCe iS bUt GLAUSS!

Sure.
I mean, I've seen worse rankings here.

They are. 5 is goat with customs. As if night of the mantis. Andys room. Escape the (x). Race maps. Remake maps. Rally race. And such aren't worth good boy points.

>TFW someone made a pretty good firefight mode. Somehow made one team have special traits based on weapons. Hunter Gun was slow but stronger. While other troops were faster but weaker. Even the map has the cool nightime look

Even Halo5s weak campaign is pretty ok good fun with good friends on co-op

AAAAWWWWWWW SHEEEEET

Agreed

Well this is certainly good news.

what will bring blood and oxygen into /hg/ more....

>Halo6 official leak

>Halo 6 cancelled for Halo3 remake

>MCC being totally fixed. For free

>343 gets sold by modern Bungie. Remember this isn't good OG Bungie. Im talking shit tier asshole bungie

>A girl comes in and posts semi nudes and asks /hg/ for XBL month passes

PICK ONE

That's actually surprising

I have a hunch that Microsodt is going to bw watching the project closely to see how well revieved it is as a test to see if any aspects of it could be utalized or implemented.

Probably the first.

We don't need constant new developments to stay alive, what we need is new people. 5's customs alone would sustain us if we were more consistant about posting in the thread.
We will have to see how the red vs blue thing goes tomorrow too.

a lot pf this woupd help if our company leader was nore involved. I still believe in him, but he needs to step it up

Maybe Smiggymiggy's is right.
Maybe we need to do something different. Maybe a contest

Best map tournament. On it.
I'll make a bracket.

What Halo weapon scares the fuck out of you the most? Keep it handheld. No vehicles!

Needler:. Homing projectiles that are probably around a foot long. One needle burst can break bones and inject you with microscopic needle shards. BONUS. Super combines can turn you into a living bomb. Injuring or killing those around you. (Im speaking lore wise)

Ill need awhile. Cant you do this per game? So its a little easier to see maps and just grade them. I feel people will rush this. Just saying

Whenever I see this thing start to light up, I start jumping, crouching, and jerking around like a lunatic.

I'm not opposed to doing it per game, but I wouldn't be opposed to a massive bracket either.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2Q62wMJBY&t=0s

Boosting once makes this thing worthless unless you were driving a vehicle. The charge up time is also way too long for a game where sprint is unlimited and a 20-foot boost can be done at the touch of a button.

Spartan Laser lost its fear but its still good. It just doesnt have the halo3 valhala tier "oh fuck oh fuck". But seeing one in a flying vehicle is still pretty shitty.

>Why didnt they make a Spartan laser variant that charged but had a beam more like a sentinel beam. Lasting 2-3 seconds

I was referring more to earlier games.
I agree it's a lot less of a threat in 5 due to thruster pack.

So I'll be fair and say the weappn in 5 that scares me is the hydra. I always see the missles coming and scramble to get "behind" anything i Can

This still exists fyi. Submit your GT, helmet, armor, visor, and gender if you are gonna be in the tournament tomorrow.

>there are people who have openly said they will not play but still submitted their settings

Isn't that pretty much Reach's beam sniper

Did anyone ever actually use the focus rifle?

Literally None of these are going to happen

Shit

Jesus christ!
are you guys still alive?

Yeah. I actually got really good with it but only when I stopped using it as a sniper. I instead used it more like a mid/long range DMR and found it dropped apartans really quickly.
The biggest issue with it still was how much pf a tell it was. Everybody knew where I was when I fired it so I wpuld stick with active cammo as my AA

We probably shouldn't be

>2 threads have died now
>still trying to keep it alive

pathetic

This is the current pastebin

** Last update: 08-15-2016 **

You have a report button - PLEASE use it! For the betterment of the general, report posts that are blatantly off-topic or intended to cause flaming and strife among posters. Replying to these posts is also destructive towards the thread, as it provokes and encourages shitposters. moot has said the reports queue hovers around ~800 reports, so don't think that your actions don't count. If you want Halo General to remain a place to discuss Halo, organize games, and have a good time, please help keep the threads clean.

[LINKS]

>All Halo books and comics
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

>Halo Evolutions Motion Comics
The Mona Lisa - youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
Midnight in The Heart of Midlothian - youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY
Headhunters - youtube.com/watch?v=HwtxyxD-KKs
The Return - youtube.com/watch?v=8CqJNe_Uynk

>Halo 3 Terminal Viewer
haloterms.bungie.org/

>Ascendant Justice Archive and FUD (Brilliantly written Halo related articles)
blog.ascendantjustice.com/
forwarduntodawn.com/

>A Fistful of Arrows(Reach Fanfiction Comic)
leviathan.bungie.org/

>Previous /hg/ Gamenights (2012)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGTfwcb8YUlAxC8IIkQUL86yGdImhTDuC&feature=mh_lolz

>Halo Wiki - look things up if you need information
halopedia.org/

>General Images Album:
imgur.com/a/Aar68

Never, it was useless

And yet you keep bumping it

That's what I thought. You'd have to overheat it to kill as fast as possible, but you'd also have to never miss. But anyone could descope you if they shot you once.

I finally figured out hpw to makw it useful. Like said you had to completely change your gamestyle around it, so it was definitely not a suitable replacement for having, say, a sniper rifle, but better than a DMR.

It's clearly a weapon designed for campaign use by the enemy, and it works very well in that regard, but in multiplayer it was very situational. If you were in a big team match and too far away to effectively hit someone with a DMR and didn't have a sniper, then it was the next best thing you could have. Otherwise you're better off not worrying about it.
It got used a lot as a support role in matches.

This general has too much seething hate

Fuck you.

>This general has too much seething hate
Actually this general has a few people that just can't into opposing opinions, but they post constantly. The party last night was proof of this alone. Though it got much better once we went into the puzzle map and our attention was fully on how to solve it.

Maybe we should do that, hold certain puzzle nights.

Halo VR when?

To be fair, it wasn't just the puzzle map. One person in the party left as the puzzle map started.

>he doesn't know not to respond/argue with /hg/ when they start talking about politics as if they know what they are talking about
Might I reccomend removi g yourself from the cinversation and taking it all in from a spectator's point of view? It's pretty fucking entertaining to listen to a bunch of talentless neets argue and scream about the way they think the world should be.

This.
I've eaten easy mac to /hg/ autist arguments before. Pretty comfy.

/hg/ talent show when?

Holy shit we should do this

Nanomachines.

>KIA
Spartans never die

There is an interesting conversation in the discord right now.
I won't mention names, but I'm curious what the general thinks, is HW2 poorly written?

>is HW2 poorly written?
Not by Halo standards no.

It's not very well written, especially with hos loosly it portrays the banished (so are they a threat or not? Make up your minds) but the overall story is ok. Not great. Just ok.

The initial build up is fine. But it goes nowhere. So no, not very well written.

>learn more about Atriox in the trailers than in the game
>Atriox doesn't kill any of the Spartans he defeats in battle
>Isabel is too human to be an AI

There's a lot of stuff that I personally didn't like but overall the story was decent

The set up is great, but then it just falls flat.
I wouldn't say it's "bad", but lets just say you don't play this game for the story.

The literal who in the argument is being a bit too specific with his complaints, but Muffin is being way too generous.
The game isn't poorly or well written. It's just meh. Average. Ok.

Banished are cringely presented and Atriox is a jobbing villain that is supposed to be awesome but apparently can't command for shit.

Besides that it's ok. So it's not deserving of any awards. Wars 1 was much better, but compared to 4 and 5, this is a step up.

It depends on what he's arguing.
The banished are definitely a poorly written adversary with plot armor when they need it just to look menacing, but the overall story is mostly handled fine and I enjoy it.

I can agree with that.

>People discussing Halo in the discord instead of the general
Why do I even bother coming here

Why cant we have Spartans like Red Team? Why cant we have Spartans like Omega Team? Why 343 why....

Discord essentially makes the need for Veeky Forums as a board redundant

Apart from no one has control of these threads unlike discord

343 is getting better.
I know that seems like a cop out reaponse but I have a lot of faith in Halo 6. The multiplayer will be toned down to work for more people and the campaign will have more time and effort into it. Plus forge can naturally only get better.

Has that historically been a problem in the discord?
Sigmund82 is in charge, right? Do people get censored?

This. Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums as a whole allows you to say what you want where you want with no repercussions (unless you post CP like an idiot). Discord always devolves into people in positions of power abusing their authority.

The problem with Sigmund is that he doesn't do anything. Doesn't enforce rules, doesn't time out or ban people, but the second you ask him to give up power he gets really upset and defensive.

In the past, yes. It's just annoying that we have threads here which are supposed to be dedicated to Halo chat and people are posting in a discord instead. Why even call the discord Halo General anymore?.

The beat part is the halo discussion is being mostly facilitated by some rando

That's a good thing tho

WHO ARE ALL THESE FUCKING NEW PEOPLE

We welcome change, user

When the thread just devolves into the same "reach vs 4" argument that's been had for months, people get tired of coming here.
At least that's how it is for me, getting good discussion in /hg/ is usually few and far between since I can't even talk about what I liked about 4 or 5 without being called a 343 shill

Fuck off 343 shill

>Reach vs 5
FTFY
Even here it's hard to argue 4 being on par with either of them. Everytime someone triws thwy get shot down.

>implying the discord is any better
It's all the same shit

Fair point.
It's the people, not the location

At least you can talk about other things there
Frankly I just don't want to talk about Halo with anything related to /hg/ except for the game I'm playing, since it's always the same shit

Where are all the nice /hg/ anons?
Are they all gone?

Get out

Dobatch and Dew are secretly lovers.
They take out their frusteration on each other in the chat.

Eh... could be worse.
At least they're not in love with an underaged girl from a niche anime. You hear me, dog? SHE DOESN'T EXIST

>implying that anime is niche

That specific anime is

ODST > 5 > CE > 3 > Reach > 2 > Titanfall > Treyarch COD > R6 Siege > Wolfenstein > Sludgehammer COD > Battlefield > IW COD > Splatoon > Killzone > BattlEAfront

>dabbing_elite.icon

Completely agree

>it's Dog's birthday
Happy Birthday, friend. Sorry your gf isn't real, but have a good one regardless!

>ctrl+f koo
>no results

post webm guide

docs.google.com/document/d/1oUayHP3FXfU1QE-80DE7B5VXMjcGlSa-QWe-nH7kGs8/edit?pli=1