/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- The First Switch My Nintendo Rewards Are Splatoon 2 Equipment (japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> Discord
- discord.gg/gdgaScF

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bVZ6qe3RDEU?t=5m7s
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/174024779/#174707967
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Calle is the best squid.

Also do you have gray or neon joycon?

This thread is dedicated to this angel

Friend with Octolings!

i have the neon ones, i not a fan of the splatoon ones i feel that green and pink don't combine that well

More like Marie is concerned about her cousin and wants to stop a mad cephalopod whilst Callie freed an evil despot because she thought she could experience fame among the octolings because she didn't feel as loved as she thought she should be among inklings

Neon. I'd totally buy the pink and green ones, though, because I'm a sucker

Neon. Grey are way too utilitarian for my taste, black developer joycons look cool, though.

>utilitarian

I don't think you know what that word means. They both have the same functionalities.

I like the grey, though I'd love an snes version of the joy cons.

Still cant decide which set to get..

It was used in the context of aesthetics, not function.

Grey, but I'd like to get the Splatoon ones as well

Both.
I have two switches.

Shy Octos are pretty cute

>being so rich you can afford two switches

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Grey. I hardly ever user them and mostly use the pro controller.

Actually, I'm poor. Ridiculously poor. No one in my family works.

>It's just to minimum wage full time paychecks...
I could afford five. And, smash four just to taunt you.

Don't forget

Careful now.

Seeing this image made me finally realize what was missing from my life. I rode the tower, user. We won the match.

>smash 4
Do it faggot.

grey. love me my uniformity

>inklings made it to mario kart
>callie and marie didnt
foreshadowing of getting rid of the duo

Splatoon 3 is going to be all octolings.

but Callie can't drive, and Marie would fall asleep at the wheel

Neon. I want the green and pink ones though, and I'll be ordering a pair once Nintendo gets their shit together.

This makes me realise something: Splatoon weapons would work very well as user icons for the Switch. There's probably too many of them to add though.

I think Marie's seat would be wet at the idea of her hurling shells bombs and other misc stuff at other people to cause them great.. coin loss.

And cmon man, donkey kong can drive a kart, im sure callie can too

technically its also happening in-universe
the squid sisters are more or less phased out by this point due to their separate agendas splitting them up
they're more or less a fad that had run its course

but its more than likely that they'll come back together after hero mode's over or a patch gets added or something

woomy

WOO

splatoon 2 soon, time to get hype

>pre-ordered today
22 or 23 more days or... crushing waiting

>Splat Zones for the next 3 hours

>port mackerel zones
how do we all feel about this rotation? personally i find it fun but i know a lot of people despise it

I think it's pretty meh but most of my splat bros hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns going supernova so we never squad during a Port Zones rotation.

I like Port Mackerel splat zones, in fact I enjoy splat zones a lot more when there's two zones to capture. I hope they don't ditch that concept in the sequel.

Are you guys planning any special virtual meeting / celebration by the day the game is released? Like a midnight rush?

Also, physical or digital?
I believe it's so nice to have it with me anywhere I go without any concern if I am carrying the cartdrige, but at the same time feels so nice to actually have a physical box to hold dearly.....

gonna go straight to multiplayer,then go to salmon run (if it is available) if not i'm gonna make a squad or do a private lobby with friends, the single player can wait

Going to host a little get together with some of my friends who are also really into Splatoon to do the single player then Salmon Run. Going digital

Physical.
I like having my games as tangible objects. also, I'd rather save SD space for digital-only games and DLC/updates

digital
carts can get lost

>not keeping track of your carts
I went digital last time because I fucking hate disc. At least with carts my only worry is keeping up with them which I have no problem with.

>the single player can wait
b-but we gotta save Callie.
I'll probably blast through single player first day if its as easy as the first game.

>found switch in stock
>won't get shekels until next week

They're going to be gone by next week aren't they.

Nothing special planned for me. Two of my friends have Switches so far and I don't think they care for Splatoon as much as I do (that's their loss). I'll pick up a physical copy on my way to work, endure the slowest fucking Friday ever, then go home and play turf war until I unlock gear, and then spend the rest of the evening in single player.

What weapon are you going to main during single player? The same as you usually do in multi?

Let's be real, they'll be gone by tomorrow user

Blaster. I'm hoping it doesn't take everything out laughably easy.

the operative word being "can"
i have a booklet for all my DS games that i still have, and planning to update it to a plastic case
its mainly keeping my console and all my games in one place and accessing them from the menu instead of using the slot

though the clunkiness of disks was also a factor along with the switching business

Fuck.

>potential poll
i'll bite
campaign: dualies, scoped charger (need to work on my sniping)
online: splatling, jet squelcher, inkbrush

judge me ya inkblots

If there is a midnight release, ganna jump in on it and get to single player to see what happened to Marie.. and I guess Callie.

But for the day itself, got two bigass jugs bottles of Kahlua that was on sale today. 15 dollars each and they feel like a liter each. probably bake a few potatoes and have a steak after getting home for the midnight release. even bought 4 trays that hold 6 2x2x2in ice cubes for like 10 bucks.

I spend so much time in the first game and never been this excited for anything in months.

>went from A to 22 B+ in a single night
>too afraid to continue playing and drop to B

I usually buy a random bottle of wine every Friday, and Splatoon 2's launch won't be an exception. Maybe I'll get a bottle of something extra nice for launch. I haven't been this excited for a video game since Half-Life 2 thirteen years ago (jesus christ).

when do you think the next direct is gonna release, thread?

>lost my S+
>tfw trying to get it back

i wonder if the new changes to the charger will make unscoped more appealing to everyone, since unscoped lets you keep your charge while moving and you have a clear view of the whole place, meanwhile with scoped chargers you don't have the stored charge but the range is longer and you can have a closer view to where are you aiming at

>Not getting back the + in that same rotation
Better stay in S, user

Probably never. I can't think of anything else that they can elaborate on with a Direct, unless Nintendo has one more surprise hidden behind their backs. Even SplatoonJP is starting to wind down. All that's left to show is Inkopolis Square and its shops, and probably unveiling who or what will be running Splatfests/Inkopolis News.

well duh
we got less than a month until Spla2n comes out, obviously there'd be nothing to elaborate on without spoiling content
i meant the next direct in general

I think I'll stick with the scope but I'll give the non-scope chargers a try before I swear them off

they gotta do a direct, there is a lot of info missing still like, what are the salmon run prizes and show if they are gonna be a event based thing, also they need to show the new ranked system and how the ink league is going to work, same for who is going to announce the news or who are the new shopkeepers for the gear

I love it. A really fun map/mode.

I'll celebrate by shitposting on /ink/. I'll probably trip the night after the game gets released because I expect to be feeling quite happy. The 21st will be a fantastic day

The key is to stop playing the moment you hit S+, I haven't played in three months.

>lost S+69
>struggling to get it back
>every time I try to lose on purpose to get down to 69 my team wins while I run in circles at spawn
ranked mode is a joke

>rig/pit TW
Fun night.

Did this user ever finish drawing those three squids or did I miss it?

Too bad the WiiU lacks a screenshot button

Leave drawfag alone. You pressuring them is why they leave

It does have one, its called the homescreen button into web browser.

>jugs bottles

They are huge

Port mackeral is awful in general. As a brush, it fucks me over, and splash walls are too good there

But are they jugs or are they bottles? Or are they, like, bottles with jug handles? Or jugs with lids?

imagine like a third of a horse cock with a spigot

Not a proper one that lets me take a screenshot anytime. I had to go through this whole process of going to my equips, then press the press the home button, internet browser...

My Switch can't come soon enough

You don't choose the weapon the first time you go through a stage, but you can after the first time completion of said stage.

But at that point, why not just complete if with every other weapon too

youtu.be/bVZ6qe3RDEU?t=5m7s

>"Get cooked, Octoslob!"

I hope Marie's dialogue is the same in both US and EU English localisations. I don't want another DJ Octavio scenario.

How am I pressuring? I'm just asking cuz I like their style sand wanted to see more.

>cool breeze
>chill tunes
>everything going smoothly in TW
Pretty comfy night.

I just played with a Custom Hydra that literally ran away from the tower. Fuck that guy.

good

wish i could do physical, but i'm in japan and want to play in english so i'm gonna have to go digital

>having irl friends into splatoon
sounds niceā€¦

or only play squads

If there were a splatoon spin off game, what would you imagine it being like?
Fashion would have to play a part, I think.

The spinoff would be people forming squads with randos and having fun. But that's just a pipedream.

>only two new posts in 3 hours

wew, sure can't wait for spla2n

I think if Splatoon does get a spinoff, it should explore the parts we don't see instead of focusing what we do. Particularly remains of our civilisation.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/174024779/#174707967
Found it

They could make that 2D Action-Platformer we saw in one of the first arcade screenshots of Splatoon 1

I'd prefer an open-world esque thing like mgs v, in a spin-off we'd be an inkling trapped in octo valley stuck behind enemy lines. Splatoon spin off with tactical squid espionage.

I'm not sure tacticool squid espionage would work, seeing as getting around in any reasonable manner leaves brightly colored trails for your enemies to follow. It works against the slower, more robotic enemies, like Flooders, but it wouldn't make any sense once Octolings get involved.

Tactical Ink that disappears after a short time.

I wouldnt mind something akin to Grand Splat Woomy or Squids Row variety. Not so much after crazy shit (but still crazy inking everywhere), more about geting to know the world better. Im sure geting too see more open world Inkopolis would be nice.