/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>"Ganks are fair for the invader, guys!"
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig
youtube.com/watch?v=TnTvxD7qF90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shit game edition

DARKMOON COVENANT IS BROKEN.

FIX IT NOW

>1hr1 ss and 2 2hr1 GS
so dark hand has 81.6 poise health?

No only the first SS R1 counted, when you land the Dark Hand WA like he did there it counts you as in the animation so you can't stop it by that point which is why the GS hits did nothing. Dark Hand has something like 20-30 innate poise health on the WA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAH

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*buffs his weapon with Darkmoon Blade*

So is it worth investing in ATT even if you're not a heavy spellcaster in DaS3? Considering that it'll also affect your FP bar?

It's only worth it if you use Weapon Arts to an absurd degree and considering you have Simple infused offhands and in arena duels you have 5 free Ashtus flasks that shouldn't be necessary. If you start Knight that should be plenty enough FP for most fights anyway.

No just give yourself 2 ashen, so you at least have one for invasions/coop

it is fixed

Jesus fuck blues are like cockroaches
>kill one
>two more appear

You're both so cruel

Miyazaki please fix

for buffs I think 14 or 18 is decent

>Nana

What's wrong with Dark Souls 2?

>only the first SS R1 counted
You can clearly see that it got interrupted by a delayed GS swing

Bug probably. It's not an animation you can get staggered out of, it gets iframes like a critical

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

Fix it yourself. Stay at SL25+2 where there's actually activity, instead of powerleveling into Irithyll and thinking that people at that level will still equip Way of Blue.

Can you stop spamming this dumb shit every thread? I get summoned at 25 +2 even less than at 65 +6. The covenant is bugged, it works for some people and not for others.

Git gud

>reaching for the black crystal
>not using the quiet resolve emote

What's the rushing strat again for DS3? Just want to get through so I can make a build

Why can't you retarded faggots just go "haha look at that kid run off the edge and die"? I was specifically waiting for a blue to get summoned so I can take a screenshot of 'blue being summoned' with the black crystal so I could shitpost with it in the thread but it ended up being a funny moment worthy of a webm. I even cropped it so you guys could just enjoy the clip for what it is but you're all focused on me instead of the dumb kid that just held forward after being summoned and fell to his death. Fuck you.

Depends on your build. If you're a regular melee just get an optimal weapon that scales well and has fast DPS. The fastest is probably pure Dex Sharp Sellsword Twinblades because nothing else has the DPS they do. If you're a caster using Gnaw/Dorhys' Gnawing to bleed bosses to death with a Raw Broadsword in your mainhand is also fast.

thanks user

its a wednesday afternoon

Is nameless king supposed to be hard? Because I just killed him. I'm not trying to show off, I just had a way easier time with him than soul of cinder who I still can't kill.

Pharris bow with wood arrows for king of the storm and lothric knight shield with halberd for the actual firstborn.

You've just been getting unlucky. I got poor summoning results at SL50+6 on two different characters (which has a wider range than yours) before the patch, but my SL25+2 got very regular activity.

Whining about bugs that you have no proof exist is just trying to scapegoat the problem.

>female character plebian getting mad that people aren't laughing at his webm
Now THAT is worth a kek

difficulty is subjective

>not playing as an anime waifu
What are you fucking gay?

Would-be blue cop here, what's a good build for dorkmooning at that level, anyway? Same sorta shit as a twink build, VIG gouge with a raw SS?

Honestly I've never found him all that hard either. King of the Storm is basically the warm up phase and even with full melee you just whack him in the head a few times and he's staggered for a riposte. Nameless King himself is probably above average difficulty, but once you learn to read his delayed attacks everyone is pretty simple to dodge. Fun fight, but not super difficult.

I keep putting off making a high HP poisecaster what's some good fashion?

Congratulations, you're not one of those sale shitters from 3 threads back calling it artificial difficulty.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig

This For example: The entire game is a brainless cakewalk for me at this point. All aside from Pontiff who pushes my shit in for several attempts every single fucking time, no matter the build.

No i'm not so desperate that i have to jack off to my characters

Gotta be honest the hair style he chose is horrible and un-cute

Why are whips in DS2 so much FUN?
I am loving powerstancing two max-level Old Whips, it's kekky.
How do I keep them from breaking so much though?
Also pls of help, when I hit something with powerstanced whips only the whip in my right hand loses its durability, how do I stop this?

is there any way to mod spells without having to search for the memory addresses each time i load the game?

>How do I keep them from breaking so much though?
Bracing Knuckle Ring +2. Effectively doubles the durability of everything.

>when I hit something with powerstanced whips only the whip in my right hand loses its durability, how do I stop this?
you don't, just switch them around the half way mark

Disagree.

I have fond memories of my first playthrough of dark souls 1. I kindled bonfires but didn't upgrade my halberd at all so I fought all endgame bosses with a standard issue +0 halberd. Every fight ended up being a battle of attrition in the end, especially since I was wearing havel's gear with child's mask. I'm saying it because I just feel that 1v1 bosses don't have enough health in ds3 and compensate for it with higher than reasonable damage output.

I think DS3 bosses are just perfect health wise because lmao more health was why a lot of Nioh bosses felt boring as shit. I got the dodging for a boss down but still had to repeat the same dodge+attack pattern for 20-15 times because they have comparatively so much hp compared to Souls bosses.

I bet you enjoy fighting Midir lmao

Some of them might go down too easy, but in general more health doesn't necessarily equate with a more satisfying boss encounter. And if you do want higher numbers to lengthen the encounters and make every enemy attack more dangerous then you've always got NG+ to go through.

How do we make boss fights last longer than a minute without them feeling like sponges?

Make them agile and hard to get a solid hit on like Champ.

h-hey cutey

Thanks, anons. I'll be enjoying my whips.
N-Now give me sunlight medals please.

kek

>one of the ghost knights broke a wooden chest in Shulva

How mad do you think Matthewmatosis was when he saw all the Solaire pandering in DS3?

Do you think he's done with Souls games?
Do you think he burned his copy of Demon Souls?

anyone else get disappointing when they found out the sun covenant wasn't about the self perseverance of soliare to find his own meaning, but rather another covenant to suck a gods cock?

I only struggle when he starts doing his stab attacks which have awful timings and he can stop/change them seemingly at will.
Just tried to beat him with a level 50 character with +6 weapon, I was thrashing him UNTIL he started with the varied stabs.
1/3 of his health left, I still had 8 Estes left.

>self perseverance of soliare to find his own meaning
He literally died already in the first game.

That's just speculation, y-you SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

Soul of Cinder was the hardest boss for me as well, but it depends on your build and playstyle.

WELCOME TO THE DARKMOONS MOTHERFUCKER

is this really how shit the console loading times are?
>inb4 toaster pc

I'm not sure what the issue is. I even moved it from my HDD to my SSD the other day, didn't seem to change anything. My specs are good.

Dunno about DaS3 but I'm sure I've seen a webm of BB pre-patch with an honest to god 4-60 second long loading screen.

Solaire is just a dude

Who gives a fucking shit

Some things don't change

>Jolly Cooperating in Iron Keep
>more like killing every enemy within range while the host shops
>host finally pulls the switch to lower the bridge
>Murder Mode Reactivated
>locked-on enemy jumps off a platform, fucking up my movement
>fall to my death
>hear over voice chat "Sorcerer E**** just died. That was my wife."

I haven't played in fucking ages, what's the meme meta SL and what's the real good SL?

Are Gottards Twinswords good for a quality build or an 80 dex meme build?

Most things are good with quality, that's the point of it. But if you want the best damage, go meme

It's good on both but the optimal damage path is 80 Dex Sharp.

What are the best Spin2Win weapons in DS3? What about the best ones for acrobatic anime bullshit? I'm running a 40/40 STR/DEX build so I should be good for most weapons.

Why is powerstancing not a thing in DS3?

Would you summon me for some low level coop funsies /dsg/ ?

Splitleaf Greatsword is the best objectively speaking.

Listen to Plague's lore and perhaps watch him play Dark Souls.

youtube.com/watch?v=TnTvxD7qF90

But this playthrough is literally nothing, he doesn't say anything for 2 hours, at least the last one was fun speculation

Ringed City when?

>kill a boss
>bonfire appears in the boss room
>walk into on the next room
>bonfire

you stop posting this when?

The fuck you mean
It's been out for a shit ton of time

Who even cares anymore?

get under 30% equip so you can never get hit again, also pretty sure lightning clutch is useless on other players (unless you're just killing mobs)
Lloyds sword ring would be good for maximimum snipe damage, Leo might work for lightning bolts too

When he plays it or gives a good reason why not.

I know it's weird but I just want closure on the whole thing. I don't care if he likes it or thinks it's shit. I just want him to play it so he can put souls to rest for good if he wants to.

dark souls 3 fucking sucks so never

if i see this stupid fucking pig one more time...

I find it more concerning when the devs think that killing 4 enemies is such a gargantuan task that the players need another bonfire after that.

It definitely makes a difference form DaS1 where you had to really look to get to some bonfires

Kinda new to souls , only really know memes
I pirated DS 1 and bought DS 2 SotfS on steam as it was on sale and playing them at the same time
While DS 1 is definetly clunkier,slower and while it has an incredibly shitty camera,I'm still overall enjoying it more than DS 2
Yes even with DS1 having Blighttown where your camera is stuck in the ceiling 99% of the time while you fall of cliffs and get poisoned, and the other 1% it has a shitty green filter that makes you see absolutely nothing
Few questions lads
DS1 :
>Any tips for a spear+shield guy against Lautrec ? I dont have any issues with his 2 dudes as one just stands still and the other one just runs into a wall 90% of the time,but as I have been relying on shields a lot I am really having issues beating Lautrec in 1 on 1 combat
>Was Queelag supposed to be hard ? I couldnt damage her at all so I kept using the summon and eventually beat her . Her attacks werent hard to dodge (Except for her hugging + explosion one,which I sometimes miss cause Im piercing her ass) ,its just my spear did fuck all damage
>Is there any way to not fucking panic at big enemies ? I beat Capra Demon in 3 tries cause he's just a dude with 2 swords but fucking Gaping Dragon took me 10+ tries as I just did nothing most of the time cause he scared my pants off .

DS 2
>Is it necesarry to fight the Pursuer near the bonfire shortcut in Giants Something ? Also I died after Pate,can I still open the gate later?
>I've been playing on 50% health for the past 2 hours and its been incredibly irritating ? WHen can I use Human Effigies ? I've been told theres only about 10 of them in the game so I dont wanna fuck myself over
>Is it worth going for dual spear powerstance (Something I really wanted cause it only appears in this game) or is that a shitty moveset?

I just climbed 3 SETS OF STAIRS, PLEASE GIVE ME A BONFIRE AFTER SO I DONT NEED TO CLIMB THOSE STAIRS AGAIN.

I don't mind the checkpoints / warps being in plain sight but I despise it when the checkpointing is not consistently like it is in High Wall / Grand Archives / CotD where you get a bonfire for the level start and the rest is done via physical shortcuts.

For Lautrec himself just parry or backstab cheese him. Depending on what spear you're using you should also just be able to safely outrange his Shotel and safely poke him to death.

Quelaag isn't really hard if you're paying attention to her attacks but she does have some high HP if you don't have at least a +5 regular weapon by that point.

Against big enemies it's good to keep in mind they're usually pretty slow and telegraphed so you just have to be patient and careful with them and you realize they're the biggest chumps until Manus.

No it's not necessary, it's just an optional way to beat him earlier than his normal boss encounter. Yes you can open that gate from an alternate path, talk to Pate either way after entering the area behind it.

You can use Human Effigies at any time. There are way more than 10 in the game so feel free to use them if you're that low. You should also try and get the Ring of Binding from the Heide's Tower of Flame Area which is near Dragonrider if you're doing Scholar of the First Sin.

Spear powerstance is alright but it might be more worth it to just use it one or two handed normally, try it out and see how you feel.

Like that fucking bonfire right before the iron golem

I'm having some real trouble solo-ing O&S on DS1, please see below:

This is my second run through the game after beating it once, this is with a new character (so not ng+)
I've gone for a str+int spellsword build, both of those stats are mid-high twenties, I've put a little in endurance, most everything else is untouched.
Currently equipped the elite knight set +6/7, a +10 Claymore, I've got magic and strong magic weapon equipped along with large heavy soul arrow, I use the sorcerer's talisman, I have the lingering dragoncrest and havel's rings equipped.
I've been trying to get through the game with no ROFAP and no boss summons, which both became a crutch in my earlier runs.

The problem I've been having is, I think, tied to my (relatively) low HP, basically 2 hits from either and I'm dead.

Is it reasonable to expect myself to be able to solo them both as I am, or should I grit my teeth and go for the summon?