tools.aggydaggy.com/tools.html
chemikhazi.itch.io/sprytile
kongregate.com/pages/contests
youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

REMINDER DEMO DAY TWO DAY

better version of crazy cult enemy both male and female

How to make aiming with analog stick in GM:S? I use
>var r_stick_dir = point_direction(0,0, gamepad_axis_value(0, gp_axisrh),gamepad_axis_value(0, gp_axisrv));
for getting the direction, but with this, the stick prefers 8 directional aiming instead of full 360.

Why'd you delete the webm section?

>started out with pixelshit
>memed into doing art and loomis and shit
>/ic/ still says my work is horrible
should I just kill myself

Took me a while to realize he had his finger raised

What are you talking about? It's been in the OP for years.
tools.aggydaggy.com/tools.html

thats correct for 360, it looks straight out of the yoyodocs, i guess your stick is messed up or something?

keep practicing

practice until you die

>shilling should be allowed in agdg
It's just like Discord or old Steamchat. Agdg allows only some celebrities to do it and others are supposed to eat shit.

Amusingly the ones allowed to do it are also the ones saying stupid shit like
>disappointed in agdg today

Fuck You

Who here plans to eventually make games for a living?

Keep at it bb

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
github.com/TheTarkus/WebMCam/releases

>nodev being triggered by radnom other nodevs who are all talking about nonsense that no one actually cares about
Keep your autistic discussions in the dying thread, please.

Have you guys heard of Crocotile? I just discovered it and I think this is my new obsession. It's a free program that lets you use 2D tilesets to model 3D terrain and characters. Can't export or save obj files if you don't buy a license, but they're only ten bucks... I think this is my new favorite tool. Thoughts?

Probably the solution to visual clutter in games these days
But, looks noisy as hell

>Amusingly the ones allowed to do it are also the ones saying stupid shit like
>>disappointed in agdg today
I'm not a celebrity, I'll even say right now my game has been in development (and posted here) for a little over year and it still looks like shit and people have informed me of that

I consider myself a composer first, but right now I just want to make games that make me money. I wanted to be a composer for video games, but I think about game design a lot, and I feel like if I joined someone else's project, I wouldn't be able to help myself in trying to criticize/direct their game.

>crocotile
>shows image with green bricks everywhere
>looks like crocodile tiles
Kek noice.

>no clue on how to do sound effects
>google laser vst free download
>check one of the results
>download it
>has dozens of presets
>slowly found one that I like
>make the player a simple CEG chord in high keys
>make enemies the same chord but in lower keys
>this sounds already professional
>0 fucks given

I mean, it's versatile. That being said I can only find examples of green landscapes made with this program.

Know your place.

>autistic discussions
You're allowing some devs to shill.
You deny others to do it.

That's a relevant discussion to the thread even if you don't like it.

I can this on blender in five minutes (if I have the texture).

what's the big deal?

I made this for fun.(won't be anywhere in the finished game)

Maybe. I'm a computer science major at a state school. "Becoming a game developer" is the meme people like to poke fun at here.

No I'm not.
The only people that shouldn't shill their games here are people who have never posted here before. If a game has been posted here for a long time, it's part of the community. If a game has never been posted here before, why would we care about it?

I bought the license before the equivalent blender addon came out
I prefer the blender addon desu, crocotile has some ui decisions that are weird even for 3d programs

shaders?

>CEG Chord
First time I've seen someone write a chord like that

>won't be anywhere in the finished game
Just change the color and call it an homage.

There's a Blender plugin that's free and open source that does this better.
chemikhazi.itch.io/sprytile

dunno, I'm not a musician lol.

is just a C major chord I think.

My scope is too big and I don't know what I am doing and I want to die

>The only people that shouldn't shill their games here are people who have never posted here before
No one should shill here. If you want attention, post progress.

Are you gonna work on those transitions any more? Making the door swing open during the transition would make it a lot better IMHO.

>You're allowing some devs to shill and others not

>No I'm not.
>The only people that shouldn't shill are [...]

Searching fiverr for artists is depressing.

Either because they charge closer to 500 dollars than 5, or because the person is.. how can I say this.. a loser. Not that I'm not, don't get me wrong. It's just sad seeing these people with pictures of themselves and they're worn down, and their work is really, really bad, and it's clear this is just a last ditch effort at trying to find a way to make money..

depressing. I just want cool space pirate portraits.

>If you want attention, shill progress.

Okay. You're right about that part.

Don't use fiverr, look for artists in development communities such as this one, reddit, etc. Stop being too autistic to ask.

I did ask and I was told to use fiverr

Do you mean Resident Evil style?

People complained last time the transition between doors takes too long, adding a door sequence would take even much longer.

user, that was a joke.

Keep the exact same transition time just have the door opening while it's happening.

Best way to structure conversation trees?

0-4 redo game from zero to make it be what I really wanted it to be
5-9 just finish content and release it as it is

I never said I did do that. I haven't joined anyone else's project precisely because I don't want to step out of bounds.

this is an abstract pepe

Can you compose in quintuple, septuple, undecuple, and tredecuple meter? Can you use augmented and diminished triads effectively?

It's my current state of mind

fuck marketing, fuck finding audio and composers, fuck finding artists. I just wanna dev tools

The numbers have betrayed you

Alrighty user, make your dreams come true!

Then dev tools and make a unity beater.

what's the reference here? Macintosh Plus?

kongregate.com/pages/contests

do you think you got what it takes to win this contest agdg?

oWo
so beautiful user~
I love this art style

youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

>not switch

Yes, I can. Though, the "effectively" part is subjective, of course.

Though even if I couldn't, are you trying to say I should only be doing one thing? Don't most devs here wear multiple hats?

>Bokubay Kickstarter
>6k for VR support
>20k for PS4 and Xbox versions
what did he mean by this?

Abstract is the new subtle

>I just wanna dev tools
mah nigga. it can be a trap though, at some point you have to make content, you can't make a game by making tools alone

If the kickstarter raises the amount he will develop the respective versions. If you have those consoles you can play on them if he makes the game for them.

I'm saying that anybody can compose in a major key in 4/4 or triple time, even your annoying neighbor's even more annoying nephew, to really stand out you have to be able to step outside that comfort box. Good game music these days shifts time and key signatures every few bars, can loop midway onto itself at a different key, and segue seamlessly into other parts of the soundtrack

>fun
>in my /agdg/
Get out

Comfy house, I'm planning to work on something similar.

what language is this?

Daily reminder to also make social(media) progress.

english

What's your game's story, user?

You do have a story, right? You sure aren't making a silly time waster for kids, but are using the power of this medium to create emotions and meaning, right?

>anybody can compose in a major key in 4/4 or triple time
Sure it's easier than ever to do so nowadays, but it's still hard to make a good song.

Anyway, I'm a fervent believer that good game music is music that suits the game's own needs. Yes, you'll need to do different things to stand out and all that, but that's something that should come from the game itself. You shouldn't just immediately go meterless, 12-tone scale in a simple kid's game, for example, unless that's somehow meant to be the draw.

Simpler music can do wonders you know. Just look at all the people who fell in love with the Mario Odyssey trailer music. Otherwise, if your game is meant to be more abstract, then by all means, have meter changes every few bars. It all just depends on the effect the game needs at whatever given moment.

I'm confident that in my own composition abilities, as well as my ideals for music in games. That said, I'm never going to stop trying to learn new musical ideas, which is what you seem to be suggesting. It's just that I'm also very much interested in game development, even though I still consider music to be my main ability.

shitpost

Kek

My game is inspired by the 2016 election, and is about a foreign power using it's ability to subvert to cause the main faction to erupt into a civil war, with one side fighting against it's own self interests and electing a fascist, setting the stage for war

Personally, I'm working on small scale fun games first. Once I have the fundamentals of game development down, then I'll move on to my more complex ideas.

ok so please someone explain this to a retard like me

a modulo operation returns the remainder of a division, so 5 mod 2 is 1 for example

but here's the part I'm too retarded to understand

random float % n = a random number between zero and n-1
WHY?

Good luck with that pandering yawn fest.

I'm randomly generating buzzwords to shape my story and at the end, the main character is revealed to be a lesbian

LOL, that's not true. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those /comp/ faggots.

>You shouldn't just immediately go meterless, 12-tone scale in a simple kid's game, for example, unless that's somehow meant to be the draw.
My parents wouldn't let me play Mario or Sonic, I only had Schoenberg Saga.

>tfw when you overdose on shitposts
Good night, lads.

how?

How would a remainder be anything other than between 0 and n-1?

unity/legacy/diffuse

Which language is the best to code in C++, C# or Java?

Have you heard any modern game music?

yes

weak faggot

with talent

Here man, take what you will from this. Left stick moves, right stick points. Twinstick core. I should charge royalties. Right stick/image angle will reset when released, I just roughed this out for you. You figure out the rest.

For most games: c#
C++ is good to make an engine or games that have really complex stuff going on, but a waste for the average 1MA game

Lisp

If the remainer was n, then its remainder would be zero, because n/n doesn't have a remainder

Neat!

But please rephrase your question, how did they make it? Is that what you mean? Ask /3/

def modulo(x, n):
_while x >= n:
__x -= n
_return x

idk might help to look at modulo like that

God I fucking hate this plasticine-like hair look with passion. Loved Divinity Original Sin, but that hair was abysmal.