Dueling Network General - /dng/

YGO General #2540
The Unkillable Edition
Last Thread ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/nlcz47swc8bl4af/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/6vvclua195urlb9/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!3xRSSZLD!n5HAXjFTVV8g-ha3I_5SsA
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Official /dng/ ruling test: testmoz.com/466984
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Circuit Break (July 8th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Spirit Warriors (August 11st)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2017 (September 9th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Surge of Divine Radiance (September 23rd)
●OCG: Extreme Force (October 14th)

●TCG: Pendulum Evolution (June 23rd)
●TCG: Battles of Legend: Light's Revenge (July 7th)
●TCG: Starter Deck: Link Strike (July 21st)
●TCG: Code of Duelist (August 4th)
●TCG: 2017 Mega-Tins (August 25th)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists (September 8th)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUjoFTonQ6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/ss/

You gotta admit, Dante is Veeky Forums as fuck

fuck off zodiac

Fuck you, this is an ok image. I actually made the one you just posted, and I think the one I put in the OP is better so I used it.

Give me the cute boys

>allowing zodiac theft

Not specifically about the card game, but it's still about YuGiOh:

I want to start working on an RPG based on the Duel Terminal stories, starting with the first DT storyline with the Worms and the Fabled and junk. Because the perspective is constantly changing between the different tribes, which one would work best as a starting point for the story/who would have the main character? There isn't even really a centralized character from each tribe that would work as a party member from each tribe.

Naturia I think not sure.

Problem with that is that they're not really introduced until later. Story starts with Worms, Flamvell, X-Sabers, Ice Barriers and Mist Valley, then Ally of Justice, then Genex and Naturias are introduced later.

The joke is supposed to be that they look nothing alike, right?

>tfw when a joke
youtube.com/watch?v=pUjoFTonQ6w

My idea is to more faithfully follow the DT story, but have other card stories essentially be side quests. Like, there could be a game-long sidequest following Gigobyte's story, or Warrior Dai Grepher, or even some sillier stuff like Goblin of Greed, Sangan or something with the Skull Servants.

still though, that video's a mean joke.

>Everything in BA floats
>Everything in Metalfoes floats

>BA has ridiculous searchers
>Performapals have ridiculous searchers

>Despite the variety of tools given, BA are best at disruption
>Despite the variety of tools given, Invoked are best at disruption

really takes your mink

It's almost like good decks make use of good mechanics

Xth for Blaster ;)

Why don't people run Firewall Dragon in ABCs in the OCG? With just A, B, and C on the field from splitting Dragon Buster, it's really easy to drop at least 2 Firewall.

>Playing blue eyes
>End up against a dark magician deck
>Want to win for obvious reasons
>Start with a bad hand
>Don't get anything that can get me going from draws
>Lose
Fuck.

lesson learned
make your deck brick less

How many Trade-In, Cards of Consonance, Melody of Awakening Dragon, etc. are you running?

How is this deck looking. Anything I should take out or put in?

Yeah, going to work on that now.

>Trade-In
>Cards of Consonance
>Melody of Awakening Dragon
Only other form of draw power I have is 1 upstart. Don't want to run any pots of desire because of the banish 10 but will probably try and throw in a Cards of consonance or two now.

>not running desires in blue eyes
you have only yourself to blame

I don't want to get rid of a forth of my deck just for 2 cards.

-1 Burden of the Mighty
-2 Lindbloom
-1 Unmasked Dragon

+1 Pot of Duality
+2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
+1 Solemn Strike

Add Dark Rebellion, Gagaga Cowboy, Zoodiac Chaka/Broadbull + Drancia, Fortune Tune, and Granpulse

Is lightsworn infernoids ok?

BLOOD MEFIST FUCKING WHEN?

Okay so I added in and swapped out some cards but I cant seem to find Granpulse.

Imma be honest though. I hardley ever use the extra deck in this deck because I'm normally expecting my opponent to have anti-extra deck shenanigans

If by "Lightsworn Infernoids" you mean "Infernoids with an engine of 3 Raiden, 2-3 Lumina, 0-1 Lyla, 2 Charge of the Light Brigade, 1 Reinforcement of the Army, and 2-3 Solar Recharge", then sure.

Grampulse, sorry. And it's okay, they aren't there as a wincon, they're there to give you options and outs to various situations.

So I want to put two Cards of consonance in and i'm thinking of removing mirror force and maybe master with eyes of blue but i'm not fully sure on what to remove for the second one.

you don't need all those traps, blue-eyes usually run only 1 to my knowledge

Ah okay then. WIll try it out most likely tomorrow as its a bit late

-Mirror Force
-1 PWWB
-1 MST
-1 Master
-1 Spirit Dragon

+1 TwiTwi
+2 CoC
+2 Pot of Desires

What is TwiTwi?

So stores on TCGplayer require $2 to checkout now?

So will the new glad beast cards make them pet deck tier again?

By the time we get the gladiator furries, it will be late

>Not running a Link Engine of 3 Gofu, 2 Ratpier, 3 Barrier; 2 Link Spider, 1 Missus Radiant, 2 Broadbull, 1 Lyca

Barrage, not Barrier
fuck

Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara Haru Urara

Yep.

yuki usagi is still cuter

Rude.

Droll & Lock Bird is cutest hand trap

>not maxx c
pathetic

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's Haru Urara.

By that point you're playing zoodiacs instead of Gbeasts, hell i'm fucking sure Gladiators won't benefit of doing two level 4's for bull, search then overlay random zoo (except drancia, this should be the last thing you overlay) then another bull to search again then put drancia on top

Just add Haru Uraras.

But user, Haru Urara is ugly

You're ugly.

newfag question, what does /ss/ mean?

straight shota

Haven't played in a while... any new decks/mashups that can blow through backrow? i enjoy mermail and fluffal.

thanke user

Mostly this guy the strongest boss monster in the game currently.

>strongest boss monster
do you even OTK

Any changes I should make to the deck? This is for locals so I'd like to curb costs (no barrage). I shoved in the Zoodiacs and Ghost Ogres since I couldn't think of more stuff to put in that I liked.
I'd rather side in ogres going second and I'm iffy on the tenki but it ups the chance of getting a zoo card first turn by like 10%. Chakanine over Broadbull for the cheaper 2mat and Thoroughblade over Whiptail since no Broadbull to search it and I can draw into more Magician stuff if I open too much Zoo.

>only 1 banishment cost to destroy something and can be used during either players turn
what the fuck?

put in a supreme king zarc

Metaphys have a card that can banish the backrow, and aren't bothered too much by removal.

The best part is that his deck isn't even the best.

>chaos giant
>good

If it is made with Power Bond then there most likely won't be a next turn.

If Chaos Giant is so good, how come it never tops??

no ancient gear deck runs power bond though

way too easy to disrupt and has a gaping monster effect weakness

>Wightmare cards are 20$

Fucking why? I just want to have fun with my pet deck. Did Skull Servants suddenly become meta or something?

SUGINO TAAN NANDENAI

because the obelisk force is too busy with bullying heartland jobbers to waste time at petty tournaments

no reprints & rarity

Wightmare's always been the priciest skull servant card.

No, shit hasn't been reprinted at all, and to make it worse, Wightmare was a short print from STBL and hasn't been reprinted since then

migrating from /a/ while Vrains is cucked by a festival
how different is /dng/ than vr/a/ins?

SENSEI DEMO NANNI MO SHIRANAI

not consistent enough since you need 4 ag to make him (although you can use inferno reckless summon with the hound), also wyvern is our main engine and you can't search him

>Drancia exists
>Master Peace exists
>Ultimate Conductor exists
>All Calamities exists
>Scattershot exists

>vr/a/ins
Do they even play the card game ?

Actually chaos giant is pretty easy to go into if you know how to play AGs, its a must turn 2 if your opponent sets up a big board. Geartown/Fortress+Catapult is an instant giant
>Geartown
>catapult pop
>SS Wyvern w catapult
>SS Hound dog with Geartown
>search Gear box w wyvern
>search Gear Gadget w box
>Proc hound dog and fuse it with wyv, box, gadget
if you have a Fortress out your opponent is pretty much fucked

we shill the cards and play the cute girl decks while begging for anime card releases

I know that stuff but if you don't get catapult you can't do much either

Also there is the risk of going second and someone flipping cosmic cyclone to fuck geartown. Twin Twister too if you want to mess with catapult, while he gets to special summon, at least is 1 instead of 2

But I agree that is kinda easy to make him overall.

>your opponent lets you do all of this with absolutely no response whatsoever
You could have summoned literally anything and your opponent would have been fucked, the only way you can do what you posted is if your opponent bricked hard or doesn't know how to play.

Or if the opponent is also running an all-in linear OTK deck with little-to-no disruption, and ended up having to go first.

>or doesn't know how to play

You can run a lot of stuff nowadays to speed gears up, we're no longer in the age of "pray double geartown gadget dragon turbo"!
Burial goods can ditch stuff like cyclone or catapult for easy access, engines like Cyber dragon/Jizukiru can help fill space too. Balancing the deck with spell destruct like double cyclone and field searching like set rotation+gateway to chaos can really make the deck something to never underestimate. Dont forget glow up bulb into nat beast also works, and lord almighty overload fusion makes me thank god CAGG is a dark.
They can bounce back from shut downs since the combo requires no normals, plus Fortress makes it so they literally cant do anything to chain/destroy/target your combo pieces. Gears arent the best deck out there but they can do some damage if left unchecked especially against decks like 60 card zoo that like to end with big boards ripe for an otk
not to mention making Devil turn 1 and watching them try to kill it is the funniest thing on earth

>Frightfur player going first doesn't know how to play
>Dark Synchro/Quasar player going first doesn't know how to play

They wouldn't be using those decks if they knew how to play.

>People who don't run Tier 1 decks don't know how to play

Fair enough. Friend of mine plays AG but since he doesn't have some of the cards you mentioned I forgot about most of them.

I've been playing AG since their debut, I just love everything about the archetype and the fact that nobody expects them to do well. They're the main villains in the new show and all the new support practically made me cry

how good would you say ancient gears are? they're a pretty nostalgic deck for me but i always thought they were "open chaos giant combo or lose"

>They're the main villains in the new show

Arc-V ended a couple months ago. There's a new villain in town.

Gears are decent desu, as much as I love em they wont win worlds anytime soon. Bloody hell its fun to whip it out at a locals and watch the confused look hit your opponent though. The fact that 2 of them have effects that outright ignore effects is just beautiful to me. Combos are really satisfying to pull off too like Summoning a reactor dragon with geartown out, smashing something, summon another one by popping geartown, and making a rank 9 like calamity at mp2 for your opponent to have fun with :^)

I await Obelisk Force to appear out of nowhere in vrains and BTFO Hanoi

Got any suggestions/tips for anyone tempted to try out Ancient gears now?

Hey mr AG.

Activate geartown, then activate catapult, both explode and you summon two reactor dragons, xyz for V.F.D. since reactor is lv9, then set whatever backrow and there you have it, the only good board Ancient Gears can make turn 1

>Connection timeout (checkmate) after resolving crimson fox
>Somehow this wasn't counted as a surrender on my end and got score
>Then next game, shit crashes in the RPS
>I get score
>Then go play some match because singles seemingly crashes a lot
>Opponent instantly ragequits the moment i overlay for fucking Tigerking and yells at me because extra deck things ruined the game (he played nurse burn)
>My erect face when seeing my score go from 1400 back to the 1700 as it was before i took a break off checkmate
Y'all should play in checkmate right now, good season for free wins

Actually VFD is just something extra to end your fields with, generally if you arent going into a fusion (say for par a D barrier) you usually just summon a reactor and duplicate it with geartown. Then you either go into VFD or Enterblathnir, pic related. Starting boards turn 1 usually end with either a Cydra infinity (Instant Fusion into Panzer and Cyber Dragon), Chimeratech Fortress (Jizukiru to Kaiju them and Cyber dragon) or a Howitzer to set up and wait for them to build a board.

Ancient Gears really depend on the variant you want, since the new ones are so different than Gx era gears. For a special summon variant imo the faster and more competitively viable variant
>Reactor Dragon (2 staple, 3 if you wanna go for the meme)
>Golem/Gadget Dragon if you want a Trade-in engine
>Wyvern/Hound/Gadget/Box is your basic engine
>Cyber Dragon and Jizukiru the Star Destroying Kaiju for spot removal/free 2k beatstick without normal summoning
>Glow up bulb so you can go into Naturia Beast since most of your normals are level 4 earths. Foolish burial is a must.
>Silver/Gold Gadget for Gear Gigant X, letting you search wyvern/almost any gear including box for a plus 2 The gadgets can also SS Ancient Gear Gadget if they get solemn'd or destroyed
>Maxx C because free plus
>Overload fusion if you wanna go into Chaos Giant multiple times without relying on constant searching
>Ancient Gear Catapult, Fortress and Geartown are the star trio, the latter giving you pluses and even more if they die by your effects or opponents and the first giving a really good ignition, and an even better one if its in the grave.
>Terraforming for Geartown
>Set rotation is really good if your opponent runs a field like Magical Meltdown, since it gives you a geartown to pop and locks them out of theirs you can even do it during your battle phase to pop with your second Reactor dragon to summon a wyvern for free searching

>that last spoiler
I forgot set rotation was a quick and could set geartown to be popped by reactor, that shit seems funny to pull off if D.barrier hits you, which is rare because if you have fortress out and you fuse with doggo, they can't chain it afaik. But still, that seems busted.

(continued)
>Ancient Gear Reborn constantly brings back Howitzers and Wyverns for even more plus, or a Reactor for a 3k wall. You can even do it on your turn to start plays
>Panzer Dragon(instant fusion) is really good since if you brick with it you can still pop a spell card during End phase, or you could drop a cyber dragon first and go into a Cyber infinity.
>VFD and Enterblathnir are your main rank 9s if you have 2 leftover Reactor dragons after battle phase.
>Number 23 is great for stopping the gamestate if you need to draw for time, and Aegaion the Sea Castrum to snipe your opponents ED. These are rank 8s though so you'd have to use your Howitzers/Chimeratech so avoid these unless you run the level 8s.

Now for the Tribute variant, you generally run
>Golem/Gadget Dragon if you want a Trade-in engine
>Ancient Gear Hydra says fuck you to destruction negate monsters
>Beast is a nice 2k 1 tribute that stops grave effects like vijam or set monster traps. If you have a geartown its a great turn 1 summon.
>You still run Wyvern in it since although it eats your normal its the best searcher.
>Gadget gives you access to all the Gadget Dragon, Reactor Dragon and Gadget Chimera effects.
>Box searches out gadget and other useful things if you ancient gear workshop it
>Gearspring Spirit is retarded if you only run machines, it SS itself at no cost, a level 8 for trade in and makes it so you'll run over anything.
>Monarchs Stormforth, the Kaiju in spell form
>Tribute Burial is great for your 2 tributes, it even gets rid of nasty grave linger monsters for your opponent.
>Machine Duplication and Inferno Reckless Summon are a must for mass field presence.
>Ancient Gear Castle is a nice little boost, another target for catapult and even gives you free tributes.
Its a lot slower than the SS variant but its really fun to whip out every so often and even dodges a lot of things like vanity at 0and some SS floodgates.