Why does the LS family of engines have such a reputation of reliability when it so clearly does not deserve it?

Why does the LS family of engines have such a reputation of reliability when it so clearly does not deserve it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore_(VY)#Commodore_SS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice bait user, lets see if you get any snags

It's normal for a engine to produce a bit of smoke after a hard run.

LS is reliable.

Because they're more reliable than the SBC's they replaced and pushrod tards somehow think that means they're on par with everything else.

>It's normal for a engine to produce a bit of smoke after a hard run
I see, does this amount of smoke fall within GM spec for a car that's been driven half a mile down a runway?

Maybe because they're cheap as shit, so if it blows up you just buy another one. I realize this is not the same thing as reliability but this is my best guess.

ALPHONSE THREAD DO NOT REPLY

>twin turbo v6 is high stress

>they're cheap as shit
when will this meme die? I know that "cheap" is a very subjective thing, but they are not cheap, not the aluminum ones anyway.

Super common, super cheap, reletively easy to tune, not very big for a v8, can last to 250k miles without a major issue. The LS series is famous for a reason

>reliable
>zero le mans wins

>$100k Ecoboost race engine
>700hp

>junkyard truck motor, junkyard ecoboost turbo's and shop vac hose
>700hp

hmmm

>can last to 250k miles without a major issue

What am I reading?

I got an LS and transmission for $400 + 300 for ls6 intake + 100 for alternator relocation. Makes 300hp for $800 YOU CANT BEAT THAT

You kind of want reliability in a plane engine. There's multiple LS swapped planes and no ecoboost swaps. Just sayin.

>ls swapped plane
Unless it is an L33 block i dont know why anyone would put a car engine in a plane

yeah, but which LS?

LM7. LS7 is out of reach for many, so they mod their lm7 to get to much higher HP figures

Light weight, high reliability, torque and a lot cheaper than a real plane engine. If you crash you get into the vip section in heaven.

Didn't that plane actually crash though?

>YOU CANT BEAT THAT
Yes you fucking can retard

Allegedly all the ntsa crashes involving automotive engines were not caused by the engine. I think one of them was using a fram filter.

you're a fucking retard. if they really were actually better then they would be using car engines in planes, but they aren't and for good reasons

Nice bait. Everybody knows spaghetti's motor is literal shit and not taken care of. Not the LS fault its owner is stupid

>not wanting blubblubblub at 150mph 10000 feet above the earth

A rotory would make an ok plane engine if it was reliable

It's obviously not "better" but it's possible. Where's all the B20 and 2JZ plane swaps?

Forgive my ignorance. Where did Rob get the name mr spaghetti?

>comparing engines by rating which one would be less of an absolute piece of shit in a plane
>comparing completely different engines
ah yes, I see the 16 year olds are up on Veeky Forums tonight

bc people are stupid? think about it, anyone holding the LS above an regular engine, then chances are they don't actually know much besides muh cubes

>im poor

>Ferretti
>Spaghetti

Thats it? Thats kinda lame

What did you expect from youtube autists?

Well if they are tuned to within an inch of their life then yeah.

Untouched LS motors will run forever with basic upkeep

Oh god that old ass ecm.

Sage

It is reliable**
>**compared to what americucks are used to. The bar is very low for them.

>using ferettis beaten-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life-700-times corvette as any kind of benchmark
>shiggy

Things a turd. Always has been. A hilarious awesome turd, but a turd nonetheless.

what was he feeling in this moment

>tuned to within
>450WHP

>MY CAR WILL BTFO EVERYTHING IF I PUT IT ON THE NURBURGRING

>FORGOT PIC RELATED

Plenty of rotaries swapped into planes m8. They're compact enough to fit a lot of homebuilts, and are extremely unlikely to stop running in mid air

He is probably just as shocked as I am that a fucking V8 blew up sooner than a rotary did.

my LS is currently at 280,000km is it unreliable?

Let's just say that at the equivalent power level of a 2.9L 4 cylinder engine making 100-120hp, probably yes.

xD

im trying to think of a comparison with those specs.
so like my car is a 2004, weighs 1.6 tonnes, makes 330hp.
a 2005 Honda Civic weighs 1.2 tonnes, makes 115hp.

whats the comparison exactly?

Your V8 makes 40hp/L, a Civic's engine makes 90hp/L.

>2.9l engine making 115hp is 90hp/l
>5.7l engine making 330hp is 40hp/l
lrn2math
civics making 38hp/l and my ls1 is making 57.

and before you try to mention turbos, yes you can turbo charge an ls engine too.

>civics making 38hp/l and my ls1 is making 57

Can you not divide 115 and 2.9?
or 330 and 5.7?

Yeah but the Civics horsepowers are stronger so it's not comparable.

>BTFO the post

How can you not see that he is making fun of you? And do you really believe Honda i4s have lower specific output than your V8?

how can you not see that i can tell when you samefag.
you are terrible at shitposting stop trying.
yes my ls makes more power/l than a honda i4.
the only honda i4 making more power per litre is a motorcycle engine and if we want to talk about motorcycles ill throw a ktm 300 into the mix which is making over 180hp/l

>how can you not see that i can tell when you samefag
First you're wrong about your engine, next you're wrong about samefagging, what are you going to be wrong about next?

how am i wrong about my engine?
it is a 2004 series 2 vy ss commodore.
at worst it is making 220kw and considering it has new pistons and rings in it and was dynod at 242kw about a month ago i am pretty confident in saying im not wrong about it.

>at worst it is making 220kw

ebin shop breh
but dis is the real postings

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore_(VY)#Commodore_SS
B T F O
T
F
O

>junkyard motor
right where it belongs

>so btfo he can't even respond

He was praying to the dorito gods hoping his transmission wouldn't explode or his driveshaft turning into a noodle.

big wing on his corvetti
coolant on his headers already
rob spaghetti

[citation needed]

What the fuck is this post even