/simg/ Simulation Games General

Suggestions to stop /simg/ from dying edition

Previous thread: 180975454

>DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186364
strawpoll.me/13312504
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3181999&postcount=3307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread: I failed, sucks

I want ops! I have to work tonight and tomorrow night but we should do some this weekend. Mig 21, Mi-8, M2000, ka-50, A10C, FC3, I don't give a fuck, I haven't played in too long. This thread is too good to die

t. Lurker

I just recently came to /simg/, but I guess everybody who comes here, hopes that someone organizes ops.

combine with wgg maybe?

Same
>tfw no ops
MEANWHILE

>that pic
who and where

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186364

we may have to give in and add *rma

NO
I PREFER DEATH

all of the regulars play it and there's a whole arma community to help us stop being ded
I say lets do it, just don't call it /a3g/

I guess, just keep it casual

You see Mike, if u put death on gunner's back, he will fight better because death is near

Vote time simmers
strawpoll.me/13312504

Tbh simg is ded either way.
Whether by no posting for which the morons here are at fault so they chased everyone away or by arma shitters

Veeky Forums is too casual for simulation games. See you guys on hoggit.

Bought myself a Saitek x-55 and have recently been getting into flight sims(IL2:BOS,DCS and War Thunder). The one thing I've still not gotten the handle on is trimming and flaps.

TL;DR: What is trimming and how do I flaps?

Trim tabs are to help you keep in level flight without the need of an autopilot, flaps are for when you are dogfighting or takeoffs and landings.

If my engines been shot out and I need to glide for a long bit without it, will raising my flaps allow me to do that?

When flags give you two things being Lift and a bit of Drag, so you need engine power or some other form of thrust, otherwise you will find yourself bleeding more speed than normal.

Or if you are flying the su25t your brick will suddenly have more lift than a helium baloon. This will make crash landing it much easier

>there's a whole arma community to help us stop being dead

They killed their own fucking general, there's a very good reason why they have nowhere for themselves.

unfortunately this. but im not going on reddit fuck that

Playing Cold Waters. My pump compartment was damaged and is fully flooded, I'm at the surface though. Wrench is on the flooded compartment but the water isn't receding, even on time lapse. How do I get them to drain the compartment?

Nevermind, didn't realize you had to click on the name in the damage control, not just the general location.

repair pumps?

Yeah, that did it. Didn't realize you had to click the name itself.

>dogfighting with flaps

isn't this pointless for a nose to tail turn fight?

I almost never used flaps in a fight, and the only time I do is when the f-5 drops them automatically since auto flaps are good

what about when booming and zooming with the mig-21?

What about fucking kys

no

anime can save simg

did anyone here participate in the falcon online 1v1?

anime will save my virginity from ugly 3dpd

Real talk now
How many regulars do we still have for DCS/Falcon?
We need to get something going to get more guys here

I'm up for whatever but my PC is unavailable for the time being, maybe a week or 2

Rip /simg/

Already asked in the last thread but i want to be sure before /simg/ dies.

I already have a joystick, but using the rudder with the "twist" is fucking horrible. Rudder pedals are pricey but would it worth it if i really want to get into sim ? (Il-2, Rise of flight, DCS)

I would join, but I have only FC3
>We need to get something going to get more guys here
All we need is do ops. Some people come here from time to time, and if we do ops every x week/month they will start coming here more often, to discuss about next ops, experiences, and etc. At least that's what I think

Yes

FC3 is fine, hell, i'd love some A-10A ops actually.

Any ops would be good ops..

FCS, BMS and BoS user here also (liking a niche genre means most people have most things I'd imagine).

Anyone here actually a pilot who plays Sims?

I've started flying in FSX about 3 months ago, ive logged 8 serious hours in the A2A cessna 172 (after crashing a few dozen times due to stupid shit in all the default planes).

I literally only know how to navigate with radios (did a 180nm flight with no GPS, and I only missed my calucated fuel spending by a gallon or two, fuck yea), I don't really know much of anything else.

(Besides memorizing the 172 preflight/startup checklist, ive got most of the pre-flight memorized thanks to A2A planes featuring a functional preflight procedure)

What books should I download/read before attending a class?

I'm hoping to start actual pilot lessons towards the end of July.

I just want to get into the sky god damnit

Good luck user, hope it goes all well

I personally use the ASA private pilot and instrument books. I'd recommend going to a part 141 school so you get a regimented experience. If you want to bumble the fuck around fly at a part 61school. I'm a part 61 cock jockey for reference and my experience is very mixed

down for bms tbqh

So, we could schedule some ops by the weekend

But who would host it, don't you need pretty good spec server for it?

Nah thats only if you make some autism level 32 player than crash mission

It depends on the mission, afaik you only need a beast pc if you are hosting those dynamic missions. Smallscale ops are fine
I still miss those GRACH ops

Does anyone play Motorsport Manager?
Is this even the correct thread?

While we're in here, is there a good game about merchant ships? I don't mind if it's a hands-on simulator or a top-down management game, both are fine.

Someone told me before to do part141 instead, something about you might need less flight hours? Not sure

I just wish I was friends with an instructor so i didn't have to dann near pay $170/h (wet + instructor)

The biggest problem is all the damn money it costs to train (we appear to have a nice local plane club with $80wet rentals but they dont have instructors so no point in paying to join yet).

Ima buy those books after work though and start reading, thanks.

It is correct thread, but not sure if you will get any replies about motorsport manager. try here >>Veeky Forums17447702

Fail, maybe this will work

Thanks

>WW2 planes more expensive than A-10C

how much upload do you need to host a server? i have about 100kb/s up :(

>module so old it had it's own game

Only if I had money..

Like 2-3mb up and your fine

that costs around 30 pounds or more in the uk

Then get a fucking job or get Rebel to host

>working
lmao

I'll never understand why the A-10C is so cheap, it probably took the longest to make of any module.

I suppose it's big demand, so they can sell it for cheaper, and because it's cheaper even more people will buy it

Merge with /wgg/.

NOPE

Merge with /loli/

Yes, when they all killthemself

LE ANIME WEBSITE :^)

LE GET OFF THE SITE IF U DONT LIKE IT :^)

LE REDDITOR :^)

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3181999&postcount=3307
lit

meant for

Nice hoggit repost.

back to page 10

someone shitpost or do something this is getting boring

>me hosting dcs
hang yourself

What's the hardest helicopter to hover in? Gazelle?

Yes, it's flight model keeps getting more inaccurate and they haven't fixed it yet.

I know right

>rebel unwilling to do anything which requires effort
why am I not surprised

>implying dcs is worth any amount of effort outside of uninstalling

Why is everybody against SRS? Didn't use it yet, but what's wrong with it? It seems like a good way to communicate, and people hotmic/talk shit less

10th page, sweet

uninstall yourself senpai

I'm all for it desu. brainlets can't program a radio so they hate it

/simg/ is too lazy to learn to use radios.

I like it, but with the ammount of guys we have RIGHT NOW it's completelly overkill.
>flashbacks of radio ops

>Simulator general
>Oh cool i wonder what kind of games people talk about here
>99.99% posts about military planes

ohhhhh

Wow its almost like most of the simulator are military sims

How does IL2 1946 hold up against the newer one ?
also bump

They're small enough to survive on their own, so we just accept them here. They lurk here, but don't discuss much, but if someone asks something, they should expect a reply.

I wouldn't consider myself a regular but I've been hanging out a bit in the discord, mostly lurking lately as I haven't had time to play DCS. I'll be on this weekend though- definitely would like to get some ops going, even if it's just BlueFlag

Just dropping by to ask if I absolutely need a wheel joystick to play pic related. And which is better dangerous waters or silent hunter 3?