/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

No loading zones edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=us5x2VUHip0
youtube.com/watch?v=gitCjmyc-do
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for sluts

>Monsters in X/XX are built around Absolute Evade/ Absolute Readi-

youtube.com/watch?v=us5x2VUHip0

Yes. Sluts.

Want me to post the 140 Zin with Rusted DB?

Best armor checking in!

>easy to make armor
>decent stats
>decent skills
>known for being slutty
Poor Kirin.

Sure but got any more of these Guild style runs in X/XX to finally BTFO all the shills and shitposters?

That's some gold medal shit tastes

I initially posted that video way back when the seething somali was going full autist mode. I couldnt find any other guild no dodge art runs after a lot of searching. Japs shit all over the game regardless so they usually just use whatever is fastest, i guess.

>seething somali
holy kek, I remember that. Regardless, this proves that it's possible. Was that a super deviant glavenous?

ew

even the classic kirin slut is better than the ugly ass brachy armor. its ugly on both genders

Oh fuck I found my copy of MH, Diablos user you still playing? I'm a little rusty though, haven't played all year

I love Kirin girls.

Is World Capcom's final hope after MvCI inevitably bombs?

You're both just confused because you haven't killed yourselves yet.

its indeed super hellblade. if it wasnt an XX super, it would be a MUCH shorter video

me2

Poor Kirin indeed. Everyone focuses on the sluts sets and not the comfy Kirin X.

i quit forever

Thanks man. You getting XXSwitch version?

HellBlade is fucking easy, nigger.

Where are the deviant mitzune as a guild HBG?
That fucking shit is nuts.

I dont have a switch. still contemplating if its worth getting when I already have a 3ds and ill need to pay extra to go online. high res monhun is tempting.

Now beat "Monster Hunter".

Yeah, if you're not interested in any current or future Switch games.
For me, even watching the MHXX announcement trailer on the Switch made me not want to play 3DS anymore. It's 100 times better and I always buy Nintendo hardware at launch. Hope you make up your mind and we see more people importing MHXX SwitchKino Version.

what annoys me with the switch version is that I won't be able to transfer my 3DS save to it. I clocked around 500 hours and did every single quest (alone), and the idea of replaying every single collect quest makes me mad

Replaying 3U and I was shocked to find out the Raths used to be fun to fight back then. Every attack is well-telegraphed without sacrificing the excitement of the hunt. Even the Metal Raths were exciting to hunt back then, believe it or not.

What the fuck happened in 4thGen that made them into instant-attacking assholes?

Silver Rathalos is a bit too ridiculously predictable.

Same problem for me but you actually can if you have homebrew or cfw. You can convert your Gen save to X and then transfer to XX. My 3ds isn't hacked but I am looking for a way.

didnt the trailer specifically state save transferring between platforms?

Only from X to XX, Not Generations to XX

Would anyone here be opposed to being able to trade for rare drops in future games? I feel like I should be able to trade my 15 Brach Palliums for an immortal reactor, or is that too casualized?

No, grind more or play World

Nah, and I doubt they would since they did say that the changes were not going to make the game "easier". Like even though you could move while drinking pots, you still have to make them yourself.

I wish they allowed Cosmic tickets to be tradable with a currency that isn't zenny, maybe something like Horns coins

WIP, thoughts?
be merciful pls my anatomy is awful

shill

That's never going to happen. They specifically made it so you can only give lower rarity items to other players and all monster parts are higher rarity.

mail it to capcom/10
Spread the word of MHW's true flagship. The Sky King must NOT reclaim its throne.

>having to share kirin's tiny head with 3 blademasters
fucking hell

I like it but you are indeed being offered monetary compensation to profess your adoration for this video game franchise
Very action shot

XX turns room is up

I-I'm a little lost here, I was expecting to get bombarded by angry anons for putting the GLance in the wrong hand

>stuttering
cringe

what's the most dominatrix-y looking armor in X/XX?

Capcom put it in the wrong hand

>kirin
>sharing

l'm sure they made him thinking about singleplay only considering you can't even move away and hit another part without hitting his hard ass.

Jho?

They still had the instant shit in 3U, but everything got a general speed boost in 4th gen.

>not having all hunters bring GS to charge bully him
youtube.com/watch?v=gitCjmyc-do

>Team Darkside
Are they /ourguys/ or have they also fallen for the lies like wifebeater and progayreD

fucking christ my ears
may as well be nightcore

I dunno anything about them, it was just a random video I found.

darkside guys are cool doods that actually put in the work and math for memes
propleb has fallen for the worlds meme
i dont even know what gaijinfucker is doing anymore

Yeah, I liked their kill allatreon in 3 hits and max attack videos. They seem like decent guys.

Does anyone have that image of the casual trying to play MonHun and getting bullied by Tigrex?

I need to explain MonHun to a friend and I think that's the best way.

I believe this is it

I have been grinding, enough grinding to get 15 Palliums (3% carve).

I wish Cosmic tickets could be traded for an item of your choice, since i've already got at least 5 of all the cosmic trades and have 20 spare tickets sitting in my box.

Rather than trading between players I was meaning something like the Wycoon. He let's you trade monster parts for other monster parts, I thought maybe when you reached end-game he would let you trade X number of mantles/skymeralds etc for 1 item.

I'll keep grinding in the meantime but I don't think it would neccessarily be a bad thing. If anything it would allow people to hunt other monsters while still making some measure of progress toward the rare drop they want.
>Man this Rathalos just won't give me a mantle
>Oh well, let's take a break and fight some Zinogre's or something for a bit
>Oh cool, a Skymerald. I've got 24 of those now, that's almost enough to trade for something.

It was But thanks for one I didn't know about!

Just started a new game of gen, friend gave me his super good cat. How do I unlock Palico training so I can give him World's Strongest?

This mexican overedit is shit. The moustache was enough.

but el tigrex

I'm fucking tired of playing in gook servers.
I wish capcom localized XX only so the hunts would stop being so fucking laggy.

I know its p2p, but I guess there is a degree where the servers being in fucking japan matter.

>when the monster's threshold for status and KO becomes 3x because they aren't registering no one's hits on the head.

Tainting an old classic with that mexican shit should be a crime.

even the stache was cringe

Don't worry bro, bunch of us are getting the Switch version.

The lag is identical to Generations though. It's just the fact they changed how hosting works.

why even bother just to play with japs damn

Implying there aren't more XX rooms here than anything else

I want to play with you guys now that I'm slightly experienced but still garbage-tier. What game is most played here, X or XX?

Scroll up one post.

Probably XX

What's the best way to patch XX? I've no knowledge regarding NTR but I've got CFW setup already

See: pastebin

You download the game.
You download the update and patch combo that's in the OP.
You install both with FBI.

That's it. You don't need to run NTR to use the english patch.

mean bitch, I hope a monster breaks her spine

No bullshit, just post your favorite fucking monster. Go.

pls no bully

>when the monster's threshold for status and KO becomes 3x because they aren't registering no one's hits on the head
How do you know it's not your internet being shitty?

I will bully you for seriously saying it's your favorite but I actually do like Anjanath and don't get all the hate he gets. Seems like a perfect lower-tier monster

>hunting Los with HBG in H. Mount Area 8
>bnaharas
>the fucking terrain thanks to Rathalos fireballs
What a pain in the ass

Did XX change the netcode or something? I don't remember having any lag problems when I was playing 4U from asia with americans. Everything was smooth as fuck.

call me a weeb but I love his theme, his armor, aesthetic and everything else

are you sure you don't just want to fuck it?

Shame he sucks in a fight

>GL

godspeed

Reading through the pastebin, I just need homebrew to convert Gen data to X right? I wish there were video guides for this shit

How hosting works is completely different to 4U.

It's like 3 easy steps you faggot.

Just flip it.

Yes but I don't have a copy of MHX