What happened to American Aesthetics? (pt.2)

This challenger looks more like a cheap Chinese plastic toy than an intimidating, fast muscle car with a massive V8. What went wrong Veeky Forums?

No real bumpers on cars ruins aesthetic. Also, plastic body panels always look bad. Japanese worshipping soyboys don't understand this. Wind tunnel testing is also cancer.

Safety standards forcing huge bulky cars. Imo the charger is cooler than the challenger I hate the gas door and it's shitty fake chrome on the challenger. New chargers are sick tho

>Entire design philosophy comes from era with no aerodynamic testing or safety feature requirements
>They tried to transplant old design philosophy into an era with aero testing and safety requirements that make all cars pigfat
>It doesn't really work

Not too shocking.

Same issue with caddy. Those vertical taillights only look normal on a giant 70s land barge.

While I agree that chargers look better than the challengers, even they have have changed for the worse. (Imo)

I mean you can never reestablish the metal muscle car bodies of old the world doesn't allow for it anymore unfortunately . But as far as adapting I think that the charger does it best as far as that big V8 and the real muscle car feel that you just don't get in the mustang or camaro. A 2 door version would make it the perfect

Design and culture peaked in the late 60's early 70's. Look at anything: film, music, architecture, car design, mid-century modern design.

You're going to have to elaborate, im not exactly informed when it comes to architecture or film

well youre looking at the shitty concept boyo

nothing went wrong

>Design and culture peaked in the late 60's early 70's

car design maybe sure

everything else not really

>implying that doesnt look like a toy

They need to somehow, obviously not by physically doing it but by way of optical illusions and being careful about paint line placement, “pick up” the sides of the car so it doesn’t look so low to the ground.

That would fix the aesthetics mostly.
The funny thing is that the ‘stangs are the only cars that are actually still maintaining some form of sexiness compared to their originals.

This last model year of Charger has definitely started its way home again, but it’ll be a while.
Ford has been actively trying to back for a while now and Dodge has only just now started.

DID SOMEONE SAY CHEAP PLASTIC TOY?

retarded safety standards happened.

pedestrian safety laws happened.

unibody design happened.

also shit design happened. because evn with all those restrictions, if you tried, you could make something good, the problem is I dont know where the fuck they pull their designers from these days but they are all garbage.

And its not just a US problem. most EU and Jap ones are garbage too.

here's an example of something that despite modern pigfat, can still look good.

IMO, the current gen Taurus fits this bill as well. it looks pretty good.

That's because you're posting an earlier concept. Are you the same retard who thought pickup trucks being raked was to appeal to niggers and not for towing/hauling?

Very little on that car looks good

>good
This looks like the product of everything you mentioned above, that looks like absolute shit. It looks like more of a fucking pedestrian-safe featureless, smoothed out cuckmobile than a fucking Tesla.

you landbarge fags have awful taste fo sho

it is a product of all of that. but it still looks better than most cars out there today, because the car fucking owns the fact that it has a mile high beltline. if you are gonna have high beltlines on cars, then dont stick your fingers in your ears designwise going LALALALALA and pretending they don't. own it and work with it to make the design. high beltlines go best with simplistic slab sided design, so do that.

DUDE STANCE ruined car design.

Nothing can be small and agile because it'll look like shit with 20"+ rims on it.

you're the king of retards
t. historyfag

Its sole customer base are boomers and people who think dodge still makes good cars.

Except europe and japan make cars just as ugly, just smaller. Very few good looking cars these days.

Agreed, the s550 chassis absolutely sexy

Uh no, I was not that retard. And you're only strengthening my point. The current (shitty) design looks similar to an early (shitty) concept.

Yeah dude, that car looks terrible.

im a ford fan and I HATE it... you hear that Ford , I HATE IT.

When am I going to get another Lincoln Towncar you Fordfag bastards!?

Why did you use the same title format then? It looks similar, but I think it looks quite nice in comparison to the concept. Split tails are sharp, the face is flatter and crisper, the headlights are changed, the arches are better filled, the hood line is slightly lower, and the rear haunches of the body are raised. The bodies just go lower on every car made now, so it doesn't look the same as the old ones.

Architecture peaking in the '60s and '70s is probably the closest thing to an objectively wrong opinion you can have

>Literally Judge Dredd tier
What's not to like?

Alright most architecture of the era is unremarkable, but that looks cool as fuck so you're retarded

It looks like a real muscle cars body might be in there somewhere, like a marble statue begins as a marble block

Nicely put

It really does look like some life-size version of a chinese knock off hit wheels toy

>cool as fuck

So cool, your soul would freeze to death if you had to live in a place with nothing like that architecture anywhere.

At least a normal human being would not cope well with that shit everywhere, every day.
That shit does only look good in movies, in reality it just majorly fucks up everything.

>fast

>handling of a tug boat
>gets cucked by 4 cylinder turbo'd shitboxes with ease

The only people who can afford a new car are too old to get into a low slung coupe. So we get high sedans with aggressive "sporty" fronts cynically grafted on

lol

Fuck outa myface with that straight up bullshit tell me this aint badass and intimidating otherwise fucking delete me from your friends

>that car looks gay as fuck.

>its all gay and plastic and shit.

>i take shits that look more intimidating to race than fucking your plastic car.

Show us a picture of what you think is good architecture.
I think this building looks good but the angle might not be the best

>lel i prefer solid steel slowmobiles so i am superior

eh, only looks decent cause its been heavily modified.

The challenger is over-rated, the Equss Bass is where it's at if you're looking for an intimidating, fast muscle car with a massive v8.

its an ugly Corvette engined Mustang wannabe for arabs and boomers with more money than sense

hardly intimidating

Holy shit that car is aging terribly.

>So, what do you want?
>Okay, have you heard about this game Grand The-
>Its waiting outside, Sir

Well to start with, thats a concept car from a looong time ago ya dip. I think the modern challengers coming out today look pretty ok. Second, dodge went for a kind of retrofuturism styling that piggybacked off their previous designs in the 60s, which was a bad move imo. They came close to recapturing the original grunt of 60s muscle, but with today's side impact and rollover protection regulations, they'll never look nearly as good. If you want an example of modern american car design thats actually new, I think Ford did a great job with the mustang. Recognisable, yet new. Sleek yet aggressive. Muscular yet graceful.

Why did you just screen cap Robo Cop?

>just saving this computer on your hard drive is a crime in greater yuropooria.

Seems fine to me

>Using a concept car as your example

>implying the current car looks any different

Absolutely man, its the dream car

While I agree the new s550s strike the perfect balance when it comes to looks, the new challenger looks like a toy, just like the concept. The current model hasn't deviated much.

Its just too expensive for what it is. Unless its the best thing ever because otherwise it must be a money laundering scheme.

NO THIS Is a dream car nigger

this

It’s sexy.

But it’s (visually) just a ‘65 ‘stang with a slightly modified Dodge Challenger front.
Also, is totally right.

It’s cool but holy fuck it’s way too expensive for what it wants to be.

That is NOT brutalism.

Hey fellow 716er!

No its not, you dumb whore

But it actually does in many ways.

Hot picture

I wonder how much it costs

>Entire design philosophy comes from era with no aerodynamic testing

You do realize that Chrysler pioneered aerodynamics in cars during the 50s through 70s, right?

This 100%
Its also why every car in the USA is fuckhueg for no reason. Fatass old boomers.
Also why every car now has a trillion useless features in it like heated seats, fifty gizmos and doohickes all over that just arent required. Where even hyper economy cars like the Kia Rio and Ford Fiesta STILL have too much shit in that drive the price up, and reviews go on and on about how "barebones" and "cramped" the cars are.
The reviews are written and aimed for boomers and obese hamplanet amerifats. Its why we will never get cheap awesome cars in the USA from Renault or Citroen

lolwat