Can anyone redpill me on Uber?

Can anyone redpill me on Uber?

Not worth your time unless your commute is to the mall

Uber/Lyft nice if you're out of town for a few days in a big enough metropolitan area and you need to get around. I mostly use ride share in either San Francisco or Las Vegas.

As far as using ride share in place of owning and maintaining a car of your own it really depends on your living conditions. If you live in a cluster fuck big city using Uber/Lyft to get around is viable alternative. It really depends on how often you use the service and what your average monthly costs are, and if you can rely on the service in your area.

>Cost of vehicle
>Maintenance
>Insurance
>Registration (Which is getting more pricey in Commiefornia this year)
>Fuel/Electricity Costs
>Cost of parking vehicle

That last one is easily the biggest expense, so if you're paying $250-$500 a month just for the privilege of parking your vehicle then Uber and Lyft become much more appealing. This also assumes you don't need to regularly commute outside the area most of the drivers operate within.

Driving or using?

Driving, you could sign up and see, but you should really calculate well if you're actually making any money.

Using, fine, but not an alternative to owning a car.

Pretty much this. If your car isn't super gas efficient and already depreciated as much as it can be, you won't break even.

On the other hand, it makes a pretty handy alternative to driving in metropolitan places where parking costs more than Uber fares, and when you're drunk.

For the drivers, Uber is the greatest scam of the 21st century, and none of them know it.

>company makes money paying people a portion of a fare
>90% of the drivers are barely making a penny when you take into account mileage, maintenance, depreciation, time spent
>drivers think they're making money to the extent that some of them are stupid enough to buy a different car they wouldn't otherwise buy with the specific intent of driving for Uber in it

Most drivers are well aware and they rate you 1 star unless you tip them.

It's a taxi for places that don't have taxi's.

Don’t let the females in your life take it alone.

Also if your driver is black cancel the ride immediately and try again.

As gay as it is.
>lyft driver in Los Angeles/21 male
>2014 Toyota Camry XLE/20-30 mpg/leather seats so it's not absorbing Asian puss sweat
>30$ a week on gas
>only drive 8 hrs/~200$ a week
>10/15/20/30$ an hour depending on the areas you drive in

In all it's easy as fuck if you're able to drive, follow gps, lose some integrity

there needs to be a ghetto uber 'cause they won't let me sign up to taxi with my 84 regal

depends on

>location
>type of car
>free time
>able to handle stress

you have it ez

I drive for EATS because coupe, quit after 500 rides. Not worth it. Delivering for Pizzahut is x3 much better.

How's Uber eats
>what method do you have to make sure your car doesn't smell like oil consistently
>same lyft user

It's decent as a part time....but traffic in LA sucks, and if I'm not working during the surge or the stupid gerrymandering map they use---which conveniently forces me to drive 10-15 minutes away from home then 10$ is a minimum an hour.

I'm in California so minimum wage is $10.50+.

I considered applying as delivery person...honestly desu not to get political here but the job market is fucked for young people. I applied to Costco but never got any feedback (lol).

>Wanted to become a hipster-taxifag
>drive 2001 M5
>Uber: 2002 or newer
>Lyft: 2004 or newer

You're telling me nobody wants to ride in a fucking buttery-smooth, almost-400HP M-series because it's "too old"?

>implying I don't have a very good interior for a 16-year-old car

Meanwhile I call Ubers and get picked up by dudes in fucking Priuses and shit

fuck off

>Claims to drive M5
>Gets Uber rides

On the bus to your night shift, lad?

No, I just don't drive my car when I'm going out to drink with friends and know we're all getting fucking plastered because fuck being the DD, 'lad'.

Uber is when you go out drinking, or then the cost of parking is higher than the cost of fares

I uber a lot and when I'm feeling kinda normie I talk to the driver. General consensus is that driving is a load of shit and is just nice for a little extra cash. Plus uber treats their drivers like indentured servants and never follows up with complaints etc

I got an Uber from a dude who had both Lyft and Uber stickers on his dealer-plates 2017 Fusion (so like, I don't know if he was promoting them or something? Did he buy the car then immediately turn around and start driving?)

Anyways, I carefully kept my spaghetti in my pockets as much as I could while I asked him "so, like, do Uber and Lyft not have non-competition clauses or something?" He kind of implied they don't (which seems bullshit to me), and that both apparently have their perks. I can't remember which was which, but apparently one gives better rates for general driving, while the other comps better for 'active hours' when you pick up drunk people and shit (like weekend nights and shit), so he just basically switched between the two.

That's true. My uncle got his account locked on a very productive weekend because some dumb bitch forgot her phone in his car and it got taken away by some later passenger. She reported that my uncle "stole her phone". There are also numerous reports of female passengers doing fake rape and sexual abuse reports that just end with drivers getting the boot without any investigation whatsoever, just to get the trip demonetized for the driver and maybe get a few bucks on credit so they don't report it to the media.

I believe lyft is the better paying one

wow what a shitty system. Like half the drivers I've asked about uber have had similar stories. Gettin jewed hard

Lyft driver user/21 male Los Angeles.
>all about your vibe.
>I'm 5 stars
>car is clean consistently
>need to flirt when you can

If those women report rape a) they were b) drive vet was a faggot

If you take time to learn hotspot areas and times, you'll make mad cash.