/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 28th of June:
1613 – The Globe Theatre in London burns to the ground.
1644 – Charles I of England defeats a Parliamentarian detachment at the Battle of Cropredy Bridge.
1807 – Russo-Turkish War: Admiral Dmitry Senyavin destroys the Ottoman fleet in the Battle of Athos.
1880 – France annexes Tahiti.
1881 – In Sudan, Muhammad Ahmad declares himself to be the Mahdi, the messianic redeemer of Islam.
1916 – British diplomat turned Irish nationalist Roger Casement is sentenced to death for his part in the Easter Rising.
1922 – France grants 1 km2 at Vimy Ridge "freely, and for all time, to the Government of Canada" for their part in WW1
1945 – Carpathian Ruthenia is annexed by the USSR.
1974 – Isabel Perón is sworn in as the first female President of Argentina.
1976 – The Seychelles become independent from the United Kingdom.

# News
CK2 DD 19/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1030752
EU4 DD 27/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1032543/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fi7Ft60ha00
youtube.com/watch?v=mMNXWid9fnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Arsenal of Democracy worth it if I already own Darkest Hour?

As before, Africa is a nightmare

white

Well, are you gonna do anything about it?

900k men plus Romanians, Hungarians, Bulgarians, and Yugos.

I'm temped to tag switch and expeditionary force some troops my allies or Romania will get steamrolled. They od it in the Barbarossa scenario so I might do it for muh historicity

based

Is this still worth it if I
!
@
#
$
%
^
&
plan on going fascist asap 1900?

AOD has ship upgrades and Hitler's wet dream no retreat button, but thats it. No DH map or decisions so its shit.

That's a very nice Oob, do you have a plan to keep it from going to shit when Barbarossa starts Can you give some tips on how to do a good Barbarossa, I've never been able to do it?

Hi I want to try bombermod, can someone give me the link?

Damn, I was hoping it was white supremacy, based in RGDS.

Should I spread Islam and the T*rkish blood to Cuba and the New World.

Turkey is too big for an exodus game, instead do Belgium.

Whats the best way to turn America into a monarchy without cheating?

Is there a map of a GrossBelgium? Or should I conquer the New World?

I just meant for a new world gamd, but if you want to do gross belgiums then ally Germany and use them to get the crown of Burgundy.

Is bum rushing Paris with 60 divisions a legitimate strategy or is Darkest Hour a meme game?

An extra 230k men under my direct command with whatever else the AI throws at them. I only could really take them from the Yugos and Romanians considering how shitaly has fucked me over by losing everything in north Africa except for Tripoli, pretty much making it impossible for them to help.

The things I find important are speed, terrain, and starting deployment. I use the historical Barbarossa plan, which means deploying my tanks in 4 concentrated areas and then infantry in the gaps. You'll end up pocketing units in Ruthenia, the Pripet marsh, and Minsk and then from there you just use infantry to mop them up. At that point the AI will be down a ton of troops and you run head on to VPs (usual order is Leningrad, Moscow, and then Stalingrad). I like to focus tanks in the south due to the terrain and then have 3-4 air transport groups resupply from Kiew/Rostov.

forgot screen

why the fuck cant i post in this stupid thread

Haven't been here in awhile but here's the autistic culture spreadsheet

Are you who made it?

I just did this but took slightly different route and I only left 1 division behind in each province. I made the mistake talking every thing off the eastern front and wasting troops on the Dutch border because I forgot they weren't in the allies. The real question is how do you stop Britain from kicking your teeth in at sea afterwords.

No it was made about 6 months ago by an autist
Restart and rush the Eastern front before they have a chance to reinforce their troops

Belgian Autism achieved

Is Austrian loan spam with 0,25% interest and Brandenburg as an ally viable in a multiplayer game with around 20 people?

Kinda scared Ill get buttraped by Ottomans or France in the early game

I remember. I was there. That's why I asked if you were him.
While it may be autistic. it's actually quite useful.

How did you do it?

How is it useful?

Not memeing. Genuinely curious.

I told Netherlands to fuck off so they took my mainland
Ally day 1 with the Brits and declare war on the Spanish

You got cucked by the Dutch? Lmao

Taking Cuba put me in bankruptcy so the Dutch rolled through with their Prussian friends

In HPM as France, will Luxembourg petition for annexation if they're in my sphere?

>In HPM as France, will ethnic Germans petition for annexation if they're in my sphere?

It can be interesting tho, I love scenarios where an exiled country is recovering the homeland.

No, they will only join the German Empire

It's more convenient to compare countries in the chart than to manually launch the game and release them just to check cultures.

Where is your capital now? Havana?

>zero walloon/flem pops

Guantanamo Bay, I'm prepping an invasion of the Dominican Republic.

Annex the FRCA next.

Sucks that my capital is a colonial state

Cubans are retarded

Wew lad, the Internationale really is a bunch of fucking retards. The people will never rally to the regime again.

Militant democratic rising led by Wilhelm Canaris when?

Oh I see, I thought it was a flag for Greece or Crete or something, so didn't understand.

That said, EUIV just doesn't model how the Ottomans fall behind anymore accurately, which is nonsensical, especially as the state was destined for moribundity from the moment after Vienna.

In any case, it's a disgusting world, but one ripe for oppurtunities. There is no way I see the Ottomans managing direct rule over that much of Germany and central Europe. Puppet states all over, maybe.

Maybe take some cues from Divergances? There, Germany is also a land of chaos, split between various other rulers who want to fold them into their rule. Especially have maybe Scandinavia trying to bring the Germans into their political system. Also have Poland trying their hand at uniting Germany, or at least South Germans or something.

Germans should also have their chance at their own rising, who knows? Free from all foreign influences.

I'd call that puppet state maybe something like "The German Vilayet" or something? Especially since I don't see Ottos setting up a republic unless they also are one, which may be the case.

Game over when I landed my troops they just spawn them. This is the most unlucky night I have had in gsg

MORTAL KOMBAT /gsg/ or mod WHEN?!

I just want to overthrow Shao Khan dammit!

youtube.com/watch?v=fi7Ft60ha00

Remove Burgundy from the Netherlands and reinstate a new Dutch country.

Is R&I dead?

R&I can never die, he is too white and based and there will always be R&I clones.

apparently not based enough to get the op

>multiplayer game with around 20 people
But why?

Don't speak to R&I and his wife's son like that again!

Any interesting ideas/goals for a Zunist run?

I took Afghanistan pretty easy and fought off an Abbasid holy war but I can't really think of anything interesting to do other than mindless blobbing.

ayyo hol up
*makes thread 100 posts early*
is you sayin
*spams r&i message before he even tells the old thread a new one is up*
we wuz w&b

Das rite We Wuz White & Based n' Shit

They have French as a culture, don't they?

In Divergances, while there are tensions, Burgundy is basically half Dutch. Burgundians have been apart from French people long enough they're considered their own separate people. It's arrangement that works out for both of them.

One of the forms of South Africa, Batavia, can though claim the Netherlands and try to return home by war. But for the most part, the Burgundian nation is quite tolerant - Dutch is tolerated at start (translating usually as fully accepted members of society, by both the primary population and by the secondary population). And with Burgundy trying to expand into the Rhenish lands (the identity of German is more varied in DVG, with Elbian, Danubian, and Rhenish, and if discussion on the forums pans out, maybe another type of German based on the East), the state is even more muddled. It's a conscious decision to try to move closer to what they see as their Rhenish, Protestant cousins, long oppressed under the boot of Bohemia and the Emperor.

One has to bear in mind religion has a much longer lasting impact in the DVG world than it did OTL - the initial dividing line between French and Burgundians was the Burgundians militantly embraced Zwingli and what was fused into what became Protestantism (which is different from OTLs). So nationalism also works a bit differently too. It's not that nationalism doesn't exist, but it cleavages differently than OTL.

MOSLEY
O
S
L
E
Y

Would Mosley have supported R&I?

No r&I is not based and white

I'm really bored and need a vic2 campaign to do, preferably with ethnic replacement. Where must I settle and as who?

Does R&I support Mosley?

Why do you like mosely so much?
youtube.com/watch?v=mMNXWid9fnI

Play Sweden, replace somalians

Play Germany, go maximum groß, "displace" everyne who isn't ethnic German

This but displace the south germans

This but also get rid of the catholic north germans

>being a heretic
For what purpose?

memes

Should I go red: croatian state
green: yugoslaviums
or blue: groByugoslaviums expanded edition

blue should include banat my bad

>liking a political opportunist and glory hound that killed his career within a few short years

If he had stayed in Labour, with its massive backing, it easily could've become a semi-fascist party (lots of Labour members at the time were crypto-fascists or outright fascists themselves that joined him in the BUF) and he would've been PM. But nah fuck waiting lol lets just get myself an irrelevant marching band with some cool shirts.

red

How can I move afro americans to liberia I want to play liberia really badly

>being a Cathlocuck

Everyone, look. Look at him and laugh. Maybe he misses his daddy priest who taught him how to polish knob.

If you play the USA, I think there's a decision that lets you expel the black people, or NIGGERS as I like to call them.

>tfw you accidentally create a situation where every German state on the planet is stuck in a state of perpetual warfare with each other
>none of them will ever get a large enough advantage over the others to form Germany
>this is likely to continue without change or end for literal generations
Whatever keeps them off my back, I guess. But damn, is this a shitty timeline to be a German in.

Clearly this is the Jewish people's fault.

Not far off, it's actually Napoleon's fault.

But user, Napoleon is Jewish.

I know, friend. I know.

We have an ever increasing advantage as all four of our armored spearheads make quick work of any Soviet forces that stand in their way. Fighting is fierce, the Soviets frequently counterattacks to try and cut off the Panzers, but they are always stopped by following infantry units moving behind mobile troops. The situation is becoming increasingly precarious for Soviet forces in western Ukraine, as von Manstein's 1st Army pushes towards Kiev. On June 3rd, Fallschimjagers dropped on Zhytomyr, just 30km away from the city centre and the Dnieper. With Paulus's 6th Army driving towards Kiev and then south, a total collapse in Ruthenia and Ukraine is increasingly likely.

> finally go back to EUIV after a long break
> 1500 logged in, quite a few hard achievements under my belt but quit after patch 1.16 (Mare Nostrum)
> decide to do a Gothic Invasion run (Theodoro start)
> everything is going fine, start eating Crimea and Circassia, later in this run will even invade Russia.
> so what are these state and territories things?
> if I raise autonomy on a just conquered land, I'll have to endure the 100% autonomy
> if I don't, I'll have to endure a 20% rebellion risk/month for the 2 years needed for coring
> at my best, I'm able to field 18 units
> revolt risk is somehow for a 26 units doomstack in 1460
> forced to endure the 100% autonomy, can't afford a monthly harsh treatment.
> somehow, my crimean vassal, despite being small, having a 4 units army (compared to my 18) and 50 years under my rule is still rebellious
> I just can't fucking annex them (placate ruler is pointless at this point)
> my economy is shit
> even if I do nothing I'm losing money
That's when I realized that I had to give some States to the Estates in order to make it playable.
That's also when I realized that, by not owning the Cossacks DLC (20 fucking $) I was fucked when playing a small nation in a "diverse"(religion, culture) area.
Fuck you, Parajew.

hoi3 is a beauty compared to the vomit of shaders and 3d shit what hoi4 is

lā ʾilāha ʾillā llāh muḥammadun rasūlu llāh

Fuck I forgot the image, well:
lā ʾilāha ʾillā llāh muḥammadun rasūlu llāh

Someone is supporting Crimea

No, I checked, that's the problem (but they are rebellious for so long that someone will support them eventually, turning them into a perpetual threat).
It just looks like there are only "bad" modifiers in the liberty desire screen (development, is a horde, army size). I managed to have +190 relations with them but despite this fact they still had 71% liberty desire. When I took my second vassal, Georgia (with their 2 units army) it became impossible to keep Crimea in check, despite the fact that their total combined armies was only 1/3 of mine. Also, like I said, it's a small Crimea, I took quite a few of their provinces (including Crimea) so their dev is not that high. I get that they will be unhappy for a while but more than fifty years? Did Paradox change something with the liberty desire since patch 1.15.3? I'm fairly certain vassals weren't that rebellious (I have a positive dip reputation, I'm ahead in diplomatic technology, the legitimacy of my king is high, I have around 60 prestige...).
Anyways, my biggest problem is the economy. Without the Estates I'm kinda torn between 100% autonomy in the conquered lands or having to deal with rebel army too big to be honest.

anyone got the latest version of kaiserreich for hoi4 please?
I trade a cute picture for it

Why is Rome-chan so innocent? Why does everyone keep trying to corrupt her?

Rebellion breeds rebellion. Get them under 50%.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS A ONE OFF IMAGE.
YOU'RE TELLING ME THERES MORE?

I did. I spent all my prestige to placate their ruler in get them under 50% (41%). Then I started to annex them because fuck it.
One year later, while I was in a minor war, a rebel army got in my way. I won the fight handily but lost some men, nothing spectacular my manpower pool was full. Crimea immediately became rebellious again, Georgia (a 3 provinces, 2 units army march) joined them and finally Muscovy decided to support the independance of one of them, getting them both at 100% liberty desire.
I used to play with vassals quite a lot, did some risky Najd speed runs with vassals and I don't recall vassals ever being that much of a pain in the ass.

finally, HoI4 is the most popular paradox title

Ok, now I am officially done with this thread.

To signify the end of my participation, I now turn the thread over to those who need to blow off some steam...polish off their participation trophies...and commiserate on the thought of just how fucking great they are and how wickidly funny, ironic and insightful they are. kek kek kek

You guys can count yourselves if you're having trouble getting to sleep after all this. And come back tomorrow for another day of clicking boxes every time you comment when a computer demands that you prove you're human. And remember that your motto isn't "DRAG EVERYONE DOWN TO MY LEVEL" when I hate looking in the mirror. Because it totally doesn't apply to you, right? And if it did you'd muster the energy and self-discipline to fix it, right?

*farts*