Claims to be into cars

>claims to be into cars
>lets his car idle for long periods of time

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Power-Window-Regulator-For-94-2004-Ford-Mustang-Front-Driver-Side-With-Motor-/370921212165?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Mustang
ebay.com/itm/99-04-Ford-Mustang-Driver-Passenger-Side-Vent-Scoops-Set-of-2-gray-OEM-v6-/182852155698
carid.com/duraflex/r34-style-fiberglass-front-bumper-cover-unpainted-mpn-102076.html?singleid=356156768&url=3280316
amazon.com/dp/B01MUADOVJ/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01MUADOVJ&pd_rd_wg=saGC6&pd_rd_r=P8K2Q7MHB767CT69C04C&pd_rd_w=x60PR
amazon.com/Ford-Mustang-99-04-Headlight-Mounting/dp/B008CFAMNA#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Facebook pls go

i gotta smoke somewhere

You start up your car and idle it to smoke a fucking cigarette? Or are you talking about weed like a fucking degenerate

gotta let it heat it up

both

>claims to be into cars
>drives an automatic

>claims to be into cars
>his car is so underpowered that it doesn't even need to idle to cool down before shutting down
pleb

How to spot a gas shitter: the post
>laughing diesels.jpg

It gets me pissed off then someone turns on their car for AC and sits there for 20 minutes idling then goes back into the already air conditioned building. Its a 'wtf stop wasting gas' moment

>claims to be into cars
> doesn't call his mother to ask her how her day went

He's obviously smoking his tailpipe you fucking moron, that's why his car is idling.

you bet i idle my shit for 20 minutes when its -30c in January. you seen how slowly oil flows in differentials and to the head of an engine in that cold of temperature?

whoever believes the government shill propaganda that 30 seconds or less of idling is best is the dipshit here

My commute is only 2 miles, I have to let it idle a bit or I’ll sludge the engine

Ride a bike you fat fuck

>purposefully giving yourself ED
Pass

At - 30C I'd probably idle for 2-3 minutes, above that is causing more harm than good..

I idle mine until the heater feels warm, then I take off. I never go over 4k rpm in the winter unless I've been driving at least ten miles

>running the engine is bad
Sure.

how the actual fuck does idling cause harm. I bet you think engine braking causes harm as well.

>idling doesn't cause harm
then why do police cruisers have engine run timers installed?

>Carring about .000001 gallon of gas
C U C K
U
C
K

More like how to spot a poorfag.

If it's minus goddamn 40, where Celsius and Farenheit intersect, I'm running the engine till the air vents are blowing hot. Going out in a cabin that's so cold that breathing is painful? That shit is genuinely dangerous. The shakes and possible hypothermia (yes, even with heavy jackets, retard) can lead to loss of control or loss of consciousness.
Yes, my car takes 10 minutes to warm the cabin in that kind of weather.
No, I'm not particularly concerned with global warming.

To save money, retard.

Because you cant show mileage wear when you aren't moving dumbass. Almost all comercial vehicles use hours for this reason. How can you do a 5k oul change if the car idled for 5k mules worth of hours, but you didn't log that, and now you're overdue and have only gone 3k miles.

No, it's not logical. Bureaucrats acting on the directives of hippies rarely are.

Its also because cops will leave that shit running, go into a McDicks, sit down to eat their meal, go take a big shit, then get in line a second time to buy coffee, all with the engine still burning.

because the engine is still ticking over, and they can use it to calculate the effective mileage ware that idling has.
If idling is bad for your car, any revs above idling is really bad for you car. you honestly just shouldn't drive your car.

>you honestly just shouldn't drive your car.
this

hiro, delete this board, it's pointless, honestly.

Is idling your (gasoline) car for long periods of time actually bad? My fan kicks on and the temperature never rises too much.

It stresses the engine more than not running at all, but less than driving.
So, no. It is not bad for your car.

>It is not bad for your car.
not AS bad*****

On the flip side, I always see guys shutting their turbo diesel off immediately after stopping. I was under the impression you should let a turbo diesel idle for a few seconds before shutting the engine off?

>I was under the impression you should let a turbo diesel idle for a few seconds before shutting the engine off?
older ones yeah. some enginerding magic has made this less of a problem in recent years. Engineers had to do something because in recent years, turbos were in so many cars owned by retards

Thanks. I idle a quite a bit during the winter so I can keep the heat running, and in the summer for the A/C.

So im very new to cars and i currently have a PT cruiser i plan to sell for some amount of cash, probably around $1500. ive been thinking about selling my current car for cash and buying this project car on Craigslist. Im not sure if its worth buying the new parts ive found.
parts:
ebay.com/itm/Power-Window-Regulator-For-94-2004-Ford-Mustang-Front-Driver-Side-With-Motor-/370921212165?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Mustang
ebay.com/itm/99-04-Ford-Mustang-Driver-Passenger-Side-Vent-Scoops-Set-of-2-gray-OEM-v6-/182852155698
carid.com/duraflex/r34-style-fiberglass-front-bumper-cover-unpainted-mpn-102076.html?singleid=356156768&url=3280316
amazon.com/dp/B01MUADOVJ/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01MUADOVJ&pd_rd_wg=saGC6&pd_rd_r=P8K2Q7MHB767CT69C04C&pd_rd_w=x60PR
amazon.com/Ford-Mustang-99-04-Headlight-Mounting/dp/B008CFAMNA#

"This is a project car
Runs n drives
Needs the following... front bumper, header panel, headlights, driver window motor.
other then that its all good and everything works.
fresh oil change
new belt
this is a 35th anniversary
3.8l auto

I will continue to buy and build however price will go up then

Cash or trade?
Send photos n info of your trade!
Will remove when sold! "

Pic related

bait

accidentally posted in wrong thread, but most likely bait?