Which one Veeky Forums? I want a fun daily that is practical, fuel efficient...

Which one Veeky Forums? I want a fun daily that is practical, fuel efficient, newer and resonable moddable for under 16k.

Hung up between a Mk6 GTi and a FoST. I know can go faster for 16k but it will defeat my needs in a car and it will either be a gas guzzler, old or unreliable as hell, i.e S197 Mustang GT, 335i, old WRX. I can afford em but it would be inappropriate for me and I like the brz/frs but they are still overpriced and are slower than GTi and FoST.

What yall think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kkxM3HEs1FI?t=575
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ST or Mustang GT

why do you want a hipster car?

>fun
>practical
>fuel efficient
>Daily
>newer
>moddable
>I know I can go faster for 16k but...
You may not want to hear this, but you're asking for an FT86. You even get to choose whether you want a happy car or an angry car.

chevy spark

Not OP but in a similar position as him. I'd prefer having the back row seating people so unfortunately those are out. The hatch is also useful if I ever want to transport something larger than a suitcase. Otherwise I'd agree with you.

I'm starting to believe the "I want a fun daily driver with at least 300 hp but not a guzzler" is some kind of meme.
What you listed are not supposed and never were to be daily drivers for the average person, there are literally the "show off" trim level of the model.

Why people can't buy sensible cars anymore, just muh horsepower? I mean you could buy a Subaru Legacy or Ford Modeo, have the fuel efficiency you need plus being comfy, and they might be "fun" as well (whatever that means because either you are one of those autistic kid who thinks the road it's their personal track or you are just going to cruise everywhere at 60mph constant).

I can fit my 6'3", 330lb friend in the back. It is not comfy, but it's doable. For more practicality, scuttlebutt I've heard favours the FiST and FoST. The Hot Hatch arena is kind of murky. You could also get a Mazdaspeed3. Mazda themselves were dissatisfied with the handling characteristics, but those guys are crazy perfectionists and the actual drivers seem to adore them.

Ford

VWs are garbage cans on wheels and an pain in the ass to work on when they inevitable break way before they reasonably should.

Focus ST or BRZ/FRS.

Civic si (specifically the 8th gen) pretty much fits this description. A fun ass car that's also reliable. Plus the aftermarket support for them is huge

>>Why people can't buy sensible cars anymore, just muh horsepower? I mean you could buy a Subaru Legacy or Ford Modeo, have the fuel efficiency you need plus being comfy, and they might be "fun" as well

Stow your autism, friend. Believe or not, a WRX, GTI, FoST, etc. all still feel way fucking different than a Legacy or Fusion/Mondeo even driving in a straight fucking line. Everything is different.

It's also funny how you're moaning about why people can't buy sensible cars when these cars are the definition of sensible. 4 doors, plenty of room for 4-5 people, plenty of room for cargo and even decent gas mileage on the freeway. Even then, the amount of GTI's, Ford ST's, WRX's, etc. pale in comparison to the amount of "sensible" cars that get sold. WRX's and STI's account for like, 5% of all Subaru's sold or some shit. They just keep making them because the tech trickles down and because they need some way to get 25 year old's to eventually buy Outbacks and Forester XT's when they're baby farmers and maybe convince their girlfriends/wives to get Crosstreks.

The GTI is a more refined and balanced car overall, the Focus ST is more aggressive and frenetic off the bat. Focus ST is also less likely to fuck you over since it's not a Volkswagen.

stop parroting what other people said, you fucking twerp.

are these cars 16k in america? In my europoor shithole these things start at 52k euros

easily with less than 50,000 miles(80,000 kilometers)

Get the Ford because they look great than the gti. Gti looks like a dad car

if the dsg breaks in the golf you're fucked

haha kanker.
golf elke keer.

>modding your car
kys. just get a civic for 3k or something actually good for your 16k.

I'll sell ya 2016 First w/ 12k miles for 17k op. :^)

Found the bus rider or shitbox owner who hates people that can afford more than him.

Also, im leaning st. I looked at the last gen Civic Si but the FoST seems more fun due to the turbo and styling, a civic always seemed boring to me and it is na making it more expensive to get more out of it. Stock for stock FoST is faster as well

I drive a nicer car than a shitty focus or golf.

Worked on many a volkswagen. Can confirm they are poorly designed garbage.

So MK6 VW is trash?

Doing my research it is way faster with a stage 2, the focus st doesn't respond as well as the GTi and doesn't the FoST have the low speed ignition park deal where u cant floor it in a high gear or something along those lines?

VW is much more expensive on parts than Ford so that’s one thing. Also VW uses triple square which is dumb as shit.

FoST all the way.
Golf has turned from being a dead simple "i can fix it with a hammer" car to a mechanical abomination of common sense.
I mean, for what purpose other than fuel economy would you embrace all the drawbacks of exhaust manifold integrated into the head?
Modern vag group cars stopped getting better. Get an alternative and kill the Hydra.

I would go focus st. Domesic parts and maintainence are gonna be way cheaper.

2017 FoST owner here, the ST is great, I average 30.5 mpg in DC area traffic, don't get a base model, interiors are painful. Also watch out for 13's as they have had a lot of trans/ clutch issues, if it makes noise (trans noise) at idle, walk away

Holy bawls. Yeah, it's the only reason to get one and many still wouldn't. For 60k usd i could get a fucking f-type.

>bored of my FiST aka 'fun car'
>think about trading it in for a FRS/BRZ
>pretty sure i'd get bored of those quick too
there is no winning

Get a Honda Fit. More space than you know what to do with.

Then drop a K20 in it.

youtu.be/kkxM3HEs1FI?t=575

Video related.

between you and stingerfag

both of you need to fuck right off

>Not wanting to drive an econohatch with over 200HP
>m-muh civic type-r

Is it true that the FoST Recaro seats don't fit fat fucks like me?

I saw one of the 86 in orange and wasn't really all that thrilled by it. Plus they wanted a lot more than I was willing to spend on it, probably just a shitty dealer though.

Orange was pretty fucking neat-o however.