Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/95bscdbn
challonge.com/kboqilts
youtu.be/nKVnqGFCY5w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

teggen bretty gurd

Why cant I block lows
Why cant i react to running grabs
Why does sidestepping seem like such a piss poor option unless its just foresight

Side step was too strong before so they went the opposite direction.

Also you guys ever have moves that you find real cool looking so you want to use them more but their not really good?

/tekgen/ tourney signups are live!
US/PC:
challonge.com/95bscdbn
EU/PC:
challonge.com/kboqilts

When?
Starting 1st of July until 31st of July

Rules:
FT3
Double elimination bracket with random seeding
tourney settings (60 seconds, 3 rounds)
There must be a spectator.
Spectator must be someone who also enters the tournament
First match must be random stage.
Loser can pick character and stage.
Winner can't switch character.
item moves allowed
You have 3 days to complete your match.
Everyone can play their matches until top 8.
Report matches on discord or /tekgen/ thread.
Top 8 will be streamed by me.
5 EUR steam card for winners

PS4 will be in August.
Any questions or remarks? you me or discord me.

>that retarded hand
>those faces
I so wanted to like that picture.

>never played Tekken online
>hate playing against strangers
>no lobbies are made in the general
>I just enjoy the waifus and sniff images

Our boy uui on strim
twitch
.tv/leveluplive

>Main Bryan, Dragunov and Steve since TK5 DR
>Fell for the Josie meme
those jiggle animations

fuck off foot fag

is it just me or does this uui guy move really slow

choke

welcome to hentai art

he's 40 years old be nice to him

Who was the first unga in Tekken

Law

I've gotten spoiled, there have been some fucking top tier artists in recent years and I just got used to not having to say "good enough."

#freemyniggagigas

Asuka is F tier
Fuck this game

Got parried too much?

She's SS tier in my heart and dick

you just sit there and take literally any mashing from every fucking character its retarded

she has nothing to beat jab strings

every josie will just sit there and mash and you get to do absolutely nothing

inb4 some retard sais use cancans
asuka has zero tools to get out of pressure outside of hey i used my garage 10f jab to interrupt you for a brief second, go back to mashing now

everything gets stuffed

why the fuck would anyone play asuka

Yes. Heihachi d3

She sure beat my Josie, but I don't unga bunga her

>use your backflip
>parry their jab
not hard

Nope, everything King does looks cool.

jin's f+3~3, the old bound

He threw Kazuya off a cliff
He locked his dad in a basement and starved him to death, turning his company into a vehicle of war
He shot Jin in the back of the head (Jin was good at this point)
He again tried to kill Jin so he could take his power to combine with the DNA of a god (that jin killed) so he could be immortal himself

Everything becomes Jins fault in T6

But really, Kazuya and Jin are both fucking assholes because of the way Heihachi treated them

>backflip out of jabstrings
lmao

parry is a fucking toss up
once you use it they'll start mixing in grabs

>They just mash on me, this is bad
>If I parry they'll mix up their offense and stop mashing on me, this is bad

A bunch with Kazuya, his rage drive in particular. His b+3, 1, 4, 1 is pretty cool too, but I've never pulled the whole thing off online.

jab jab jab jab jab 'throw' ab jab jab jab
isnt a break in pressure

guess what, she probably has the most panic moves in the game. you can stop everything even without using that shit by having solid defense.

sidestep
twitch duck
back dash
fucking move

do people not understand that movement is important for every single aspect of the game and that's why people mention it all the time? it's not for bobbing up and down nonsensically in neutral. moving on defense forces people to make holes in their offense to track your movement.

everyone keeps repeating this garbage about panic moves

she has nothing useful if you are already being pressured

if they are at a distance you can push back a bit with DF4 and F3

and if they are really retarded you can catch some crap with cancans

but if you are dealing with josie high high low or xaiyou or kazuya or fucking anyone in this game up close you just get murdered

please list a panic move you can actually use while being pressured because i haven't been able to get anything to beat out even simple jab strings in my face

Jab is a high bro, jabs can be stepped bro. Asuka is fine stop blaming your character like a scrub and learn the game.

how about don't rely on a panic move?

>go to practice mode
>do their jab strings
>practice
there you go

what the fuck does 'stepped' mean

Stand 4, it's i11 and a ch knd/launcher

side step.
jabs are high and completely linear. meaning you can crouch and launch them or sidestep and launch them.

practice what? you telling me the strat to learn asuka is go into practice mode, pick every character that actually has an offense (everyone else), figure out jabstrings and see if there's some tiny gap i can expose?

great character

I'm doing. I'm gonna leaen Yoshimitsu.

I have problems with jab strings as giga too. When I try and punish I get launched quite often. What is a safer move for him to get out of pressure? d/f+2?

Side stepped, try ss2 as well. Scrub

josie is the antithesis of sanity
you get to go from jabs into delayed homing moves specifically to prevent side stepping during her strings

Side step. Like if someone is jab jab jab have you used SS2 against them? Jabs don't track.

Lots of the characters have very similar strings, it just sounds like you have no idea how to do anything related to defense so you need to learn.

>play a character for a while and realize you're not using too many options
>go to lab and practice more
>feel more powerful because you learned new tools
>go back to online and still repeat the same old stuff
fug

every
single
character
has to do this. because you get blown up for using panic moves. be glad you're learning it now. move around. stop sitting around and blocking and trying to mash your way out.

you need to know what you are doing instead of randomly mashing stuff. if you're in the middle of blocking a string you need to know what that string does and duck highs or punish on block, same as any other character. panic moves are mostly for evading highs and lows when you're at slight disadvantage.

more like this game feels exactly like wait for my turn fighter V

uui can you train me and give me some tips

iktf bro
What I try and do is integrate 3 new moves a session and see how it goes from there.

Even at high level, almost no one can block lows on reaction. It's mostly a combination of hard reads and fuzzy guard. Throws, I have no idea. Some people can break them almost 100%, probably precognition? Seeing into the future is an integral part of many sports.

As for sidestepping, Tekken 7 is functionally a 2d game. All movement is all but aesthetic except kbd. It sucks. Play Tekken 3 instead.

There's always room for more meme lords

side step then block or twitch duck after stepping. then it's your turn. if you're scared of homing moves so much, then duck under the jabs. they're high attacks. or just down jab to play it extremely safe. there's so many options that aren't just mash jabs or some panic move and hope for the best.

>even with more "realistic" designs than most other fighting games, tekken is anime as fuck
>first main character is vegeta, the second is hiei
>cast contains magic yamato nadeshiko, modern day ninjas, tiger mask, a generic as fuck tomboy, an equally generic ojou, genki girls, stereotypical americans, a robot with a little girl, a homosexual biker, and the fucking devil
>despite this, I despise Lars and Alisa because they're just too anime
For the life of me, I can't put my finger on why their designs grate on me so much. Lucky Chloe is fairly easy, I don't like idols, but I can't find the words to explain my hatred of Lars and Alisa

Any yoshi mains?
Do you find yourself using the puke stance, bad stomach, is it called?

for me it's Lars' CHAD THUNDERCOCK head and face with anime hair. Shit doesn't match up right.

>Start learning a character I'm more interested in
>Expert in 2 days, easy
>Downhill ever since

Fuck.

maybe that's why I play him. i always liked vegeta.

That's a good point, he's got borderline Yu-Gi-Oh hair and possibly the ugliest face in the series.

I don't get why they changed his face so much for 7, he looked fine before. Still, I find that his default hair is the only one that actually works now, possibly "spiked" as well. The others just emphasize the weird shape of his head. My T6 Lars had slicked-back blonde hair which made him look like Albert Wesker, I miss that.

>yoshimitsu is only for memes
Hype match
youtu.be/nKVnqGFCY5w

I just can't get past Lars' Astro Boy hair. Everything else is still bad, but that takes it right over the limit.

Fuck this, I'm going back to Josie.

I use it for fun in neutral against aggressive opponents or to dodge and punish obvious jab habits but not really in an integrated setup fashion. I also saw Shouchan use it at the wall after wallsplat 3~4, seems to be an actual tech trap if they don't duck.

I'm sorry. Everything before green ranks doesn't even know how to play and mostly mashes. And even green is pretty casual.

Ranked Match Win Rate
>32.8%
jesus christ this game is brutal

>flash whiffs after u/f+2 the first few times
>stops trying
literally me, who wants 80 damage for a launch punishable ~i25 frame low anyway

Because Lars fags are usually douche bags that definitely jerk off to their character.

He's being advertised as "Tekken's Ryu" because of his "fundamentalist gameplay" and "beginner friendly tools that help you improve at Tekken" but I'm sure all the new comers that decided to main him because of this meme are just spamming his anime dash and jumpy string shit that nobody in the lower ranks is going to know how to deal with.

Gonna pick up Devil Jin. Any advices?
I can do electrics 4/5 times on average.

How come 10f jabs lose to so many moves that are slower?

I always try to jab after anything on block, but I find that I'm getting CH way more than actually hitting with a jab

according to frame data pretty much anything after block will lose a 1,2 jab, or to Is there something I'm missing?

Hlow do I fight a Paul that does nothing but use that death fist/low launcher mixup? I'm a complete baddie if it wasn't obvoous.

>that finish
The madman. Wins the tournament with Harikiri

>tfw you'll probably never learn to tech roll properly

high crush, delayed strings, crouch recovery moves, etc.

play at least 50 games with master raven

That's true, but I'm talking about characterization and appearance. I watch anime like crazy, /a/ has been my home board for much of the 10 years I've been here, but something about the two is just too much.

>"Tekken's Ryu" because of his "fundamentalist gameplay"

This has never seemed particularly accurate to me. Lars doesn't feel very beginner-friendly OR fundamental.

>hype match
more like gimmick unga match
seriously, Yosh is high IQ but holy shit is this nigga gimmick heavy and disrespectful

from dash? sidestep? sidewalk? back dash? 15f speed?

Is Steve really that hard to play? I want to pick him up because he looks fun as shit

:<
can do sidestep and side walk. still cant figure out the timing of wavedashing into ewgf. same goes for backdash

Do people spam rage art at a higher level like wat is this meme

>Lars is the Ryu of Tekken
anytime somebody says this the argument always boils down to
>you have to use his launchers as punishes, and he has a safe mid launcher that you can just throw out so that makes him Ryu
a beginner that picks lars isn't going to magically learn good habits or fundamentals. theyre going to struggle to launch punish anything because they wont know any of the frame data, theyre going to start using his dashing attacks to close distances because of their bad movement (and get raped in higher ranks when it stops working) and will probably develop a nasty habit of spamming that "safe mid launcher"

story-wise what non mishimas can rival their power (excluding kazumi and akuma)
brian is practically indestructible isnt he?

What do you mean?

At low levels a lot of scrubs will spam rage art.

At high levels if you're running out of ideas for a combo extension ending it with a rage art isn't a bad idea.

Brian, Yoshi, maybe Paul

paul
hwo competes with jin outside of devil form

Paul and Hwoarang just going by the story, and then logically people around their general level (Baek and Law).

Then at some point Harada said nah fuck it Mashima or bust.

I remember reading somewhere that Heihachi considered Paul and Law powerful enough to hold them in contempt for wasting their talent, don't quote me on it though.

Feng, Lee, maybe Raven/MR or Dragunov

Feels like a waste to me.
It does maybe 5 dmg more at max, better use a rage drive instead.

Bryan, Paul, Yoshimitsu, Ogre, Claudio, Feng, and Mokujin would all have a fair chance at taking a Mishima head-on.

Anyone else find kbd really difficult on ps4 pad? I can do some wave dashes or maybe I'm doing kbd and don't know it if I am I'm not very fast

Let's be real here in story the tier lists are simple

>Mishima tier
Mishimas, Kazumi, Akuma, Ogre, Azazel

>Beyond human tier
Yoshi, Brian, Steve (potentially)

>Top tier (at some point)
Wang, Feng, Paul, Law, Hwoa, Lei, Raven

>Mid tier
Everyone else

>Low tier
>Everyone who canonically died (or went missing) or got beaten by Ogre

>A fucking robot tier