/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Cats are the best edition

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/RRnmCBQR

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MVtQs2Pm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ka ka ka

BEYOND MAJESTIC MOUNTAINS

They sure are

DELIVER THE HIGHLANDERS UNTO ME

Im going to bed.

Indeed

Are materia below V basically worthless now?

what top is that

They've always been worthless.

Catboys are the best yeah

Cats are, in fact, best.
Same.

pastebin.com/MVtQs2Pm
next thread maybe pls
idk, I just have pictures of it, from what I heard it's mostly just a romcom harem, the time part of it is pretty irrelevant, the kind of thing you don't go in with expectation for plot-driven story but just happy feel good things

I'm going to marry a Lalafell!

Before Vs existed, combat IVs were worthless unless you used crafted gear because you could not meld raid and tomestone gear until 3.2.

I'm going to marry an elezen!

I'm going to marry Kaori! Once I work up toe courage to talk to them...

They had use in the relic

Ok yes, aside from the relic.

>Lewdlander delivers

tfw married a elezen

Is there someone on balmung who wouldn't mind giving me some 1-on-1 coaching on how to dark knight? I keep reading these guides but I'm too dumb and I'm having a hard time understand when I should do things. I have a training dummy at my FC house to beat up on while you teach me.

Looking to do it in about an hour

Can someone give me a basic single target rotation for NIN
And an aoe one
I just b00sted one, I'm tired of healing

Are there any cute moon cats here?

pst berke oronir but only if you're a girl

I'm really happy for you and not jealous at all...

So is there a consensus on which DPS jobs are worth playing yet?

no such thing

Not machinist.

Nope, I'm a dickgirl

they're all good except for SMN, MCH and MNK (has this job been decent at any fucking point in time)
DRG is also good on paper but can get fucked really hard by mechanics

Not Machinist

RDM buffs the party, deals decent damage overall, is extremly mobile, and verraise is fucking amazing considering the mana cost of RDM's spells. It will probably be good.

God damn this expansion is just boring,

BLM and MCH are trash too.
Really the only ones worth playing are SAM, NIN and BRD but you need something to fill the fourth spot.

Just send a tell already.

Rip MCH

>6 ears

Kill this abomination

You forgot to mention it's also extremely boring to play.

I just spent 1500 red scrip on gear that is worse than my current gear. Oh well, at least I can use it for when I level miner and botanist...

MNK definitely spent time being good when DRG was considered bad.

???
Miqo'te don't have a pair of human ears

Yep. This one week old expac with no released endgame content or raids sure is boring! /s

/v/ is that way. Go bait there.

shave the heretic I need proof

>tfw elfgf

So what do I meld onto my gear as BRD if I can't meld crit on a piece?

You forgot to mention how this is relevant.

>This is the first time this has happened

Heavesward was great at release you fucking shill.

>with no released endgame content
When are we getting this?

I want to protect this kitten's smile and complete her stickerbook hit list!

>How to conquer a country
>eliminate or arrest the current leader and most heads in the chain of command
>take possession of every single military and governmental facility or destroy them completely

Let's look at doma, most of the place was razed to the ground with the exception of small villages. The most important facility in the country is gone (doma castle). The heads of command in the area are dead and missing. Garlean facilities don't seem to hold much value as there's only a small tower on the middle of a bunch of rice fields. If i was the emperor i'd just consider this area to be the new azim steppe. Useless unless he wants to pump out the agriculture in there.

Meanwhile alamhigo, castle is still up, multiple military facilities are still up and running with some of them running experimental tech worth taking back over.
Can we expect the rest of 4.x being alamhigo being completely raped by the full force of the empire?

It's a good thing the Little Ala Mhigo part of the 2.0 story was pretty irrelevant

I want to impale her tiny cunny on my dick and pump her full of semen until she is fat with a litter of kittens, then I want to drink the fresh milk from her firm breasts!

Ahahaha, good joke.

You seem to be forgetting the period before Gordias showed up where all there really was to do was farm Alwaysreap and fight Ravana because Bismarck was pointless.

This is the same release schedule as HW, weeaboo flavored.

Is there a way for me to turn off the Echo boost you get from failing a story mission?

>worst job balance in a long time
>story is trash
>dungeons are trash
Does this expansion have anything going for it?

>come back to game after a few years
>grind tank queues up to 50
>finally beat 2.0 MSQ
>realize there are literally 110 quests between 2.0 ending and Heavensward beginning
>MFW

I fucking *hate* this slog. The story isn't even interesting right now as opposed to how it was in 2.0. Is it worth to power through this shit? All the quests are level 50 base and don't even fucking SCALE any sort of exp past 50.

I agree completely.

Hense why it's shit. at least knights and dragons are cool.

>dungeons are trash

Sit the fuck down. They're miles better than HW's boring dungeons.

try right clicking on it.

NOT ON MY WATCH

Literally every dungeon in Stormblood is better than their Heavensward equivalent aside from the Vault.

Are there any DPS jobs that are both fun and good?

If you actually think those last two things then maybe this game just isn't for you. It's above and beyond what HW ever was.

Marry me user

SAM atm meets both those standards.

I've seen people unironically claim that HW had better zones. Sad!

yeah okay but there's a billion samurai out there, there's no spots left

I'd say gubal and castrum are tied for being a gigantic slog, and doma I think is actually more fun than vault, which actually says something, but yeah the right are clear victors over their counterparts too, but that isn't saying as much considering how dusk vigil, sohm al, and aery were

To be fair fractal was great, neverreap was aids.

Compared to stormblood they're both shared at one good dungeon (ala mhigo is the only good one and I say that lightly due to it being a fucking dungeon) the other two are trash.

>There will never be Ishy housing

It's also pretty stupid to even compare the last two things anyways, because we still have like 2-3 years of patches for Stormblood and before the next expac releases.

Unless of course he's comparing 3.0 alone.

>shisui is better than solm al

I agree with the rest but shisui is mega shit.

Not to mention all of the themes this expansion are fucking garbo minus laskshmi and kugane castles theme.

meh

Gubal was great, Castrum is pretty inferior to it, in my opinion. But other than that, SB's got the better dungeons by far. And Ala Mhigo is MUCH better than Aetherochemical Research Facility, plus Shinryu is much better than Thordan.

>tfw you stuck with PLD through all the bullying
>4.0 drops
>tfw it's finally time

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

TODAY IS THE DAY WAR AND DRK FINALLY EAT SHIT

I made it to the top
pet lalas

Is it weird that I consider the adamantite zweihander to be cooler than the 290 dark knight sword?

Done

Bardam's Mettle shits all over every HW dungeon.

/smile

So were Ascians behind the Voidsent invading the Suisui?

why do people consider ninja fun?

They probably live in California and can finally play the class

Are casters still cucked?

You make better offtanks than main tanks bud, sorry but you're still cuck status.

Post fangs.

Weird? No, I like that sword too it's pretty great, I still prefer caladbolg but both are great

No, you have good taste.
Skofnung > Balisarde = Adamantine Zweihander > power gap > every other greatsword in the game

>You make better offtanks
>And are also maintanks
>End-game raid teams are actually considering double Paladin
Yes and...?

I just hit lvl 30 on Gladiator and finished the lvl 30 Gladiator quest. Do I seriously need to play a Conjurer until 15 however before I advance to a Paladin? I seriously don't want to play that class.

No

What's looking like the meta comp this time anyway?

What do I need to do next to advance to Gladiator then? I'm not getting any more quests from the Gladiator guildmaster.

Now do it a few more times and you'll understand how fucking long and contrived it is.

Does anyone know if you can talk to Oboro after Doma Castle? I couldn't find him before the dungeon but I would like to talk to him because I'm a cringey sentimental NIN.