HIT AND RUN ON MY CAR IN A PARKING LOT PLS HELP

Some fucking piece of shit hit my cars front bumper and bailed. No note or nothing.

I got an estimate and its gonna take at least $1000 to fix this shit.

I wish I saw this fucker doing it, just so I could fucking curb stomp him. I feel like the scene from Pulp Fiction, where they talk about a man's car being sacred, and that those who fuck with other man's automobile deserve to be executed, no trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Any tips guys? What would you do in this situation? Have you ever been in a similar position? Any cost minimizing tips?

(see attached pics)

>$1000
>implying you can't find a fender and headlight for a 2007 civic hybrid in a junkyard and install it yourself for less than a hundred bucks

last pic

yeah btw, the fender came off a bit, I pushed it into the frame for the time being

and theres a metal bar within the bumper thats bent.

also doing body work yourself can be way too time consuming, gotta look at opportunity cost bro

It was me nigga what you gonna do

Have you called the police? They might be able to pull up some footage from the lot or a nearby establishment.

>opportunity cost bro
You dumb nigger replacing those panels will take you a couple of hours tops unless you've never turned a wrench in your life. You aren't some high roller who could be making $1000+ in the time it takes the body shop to do that work, you're working at K-mart or some shit and would make like $50 in the time it takes them. Opportunity cost my ass. Replacing a panel that is screwed on and putting a new headlight in isn't "body work"
Repairing the panel and repainting it is "body work"

Go look on ebay RIGHT NOW. There are fenders for your exact car which you can buy and ship to yourself at considerable expense, or you can call the local junkyards/recyclers and find out who has it.

woah, you have no chill bro

FYI, I'm a university student, and I'm in the Navy reserves part-time.

I got shit to do.

But I'll look into it for sure

nah unfortunately it happened in my friends shitty apartment parking lot. there were no cameras.

>and I'm in the Navy reserves part-time.
So instead of going out and getting wasted then playing grab-ass with your friends, fix your car.

nigger I'm an officer, not some pleb enlisted fag.

i command and behave responsibly, not like what you're describing

but anyways, have you ever had something similar happen to your car?

alright i have an 8th gen civic too. the bumper cover you can find one new painted on ebay for like $210, sure it won't be 1:1 paint match to the factory paint but it'll be pretty damn close. dunno what to do about the panel above the bumper tho.

nice, how many miles you got on it?

95k, second 8th gen civic i've owned. easily the best car i ever owned, i do a lot of driving daily for work and she can handle it all and gives me 0 issues.

they won't do anything, cops literally dont care about property crime. someone totaled my car in a hit and run and they didnt do shit about it. fuck the police

>nigger
>i command and behave responsibly
>boohoo the cops are too busy stopping cletus from drunk driving and hitting his wife
Ah yes, patricians, the gods forbid that such noble men at arms have their car molested by the Creature from the Rusty Junkyard. On private property none the less, where cops can give even less fucks about such an event (depending on the state).

>honda
Lol

there's not much they can do, that's what insurance is for. The scumbag that hit you probably had no money and no insurance

insurance doesnt do shit bro.

you get sick on a tuesday, they only pay for thursday.

you go to doctor A they only pay for doctor B

you need your penis fixed, they only fix vaginas

Had something similar happen. I was at work and some nigger backed up into my fender and dented the shit out of it... Also broke my headlight. They drove off, of course. I just decided to pull the dent out, use a little bit of body filler, prime it, and then paint it. It wasn't a quick or "easy" job but the learning experience was great.

honda is OP as fuck bro

if by OP you mean outrageously putrid then yeah.

>not much cops can do with a full license plate number and a vin number
no theyre just lazy fuckers

Just have some mexican pound it out for $50 and replace the headlight. Spit, polish, done.

>i command and behave responsibly

Say the guy lecturing another busrider on Veeky Forums.

Hell, you're here to begin with Mr. muh important time and internal sense of tact.

Anyway, your color is common for . It'll be very worth the effort to find a panel of the same color.

Painting takes a lot of time/ a dash of skill and even then it'll never come out quite right.

Plus getting color matched paint, sandpaper, etc.

>outrageously putrid
Learn what words mean before you use them you retard

Had happen to me once with my Mercedes and cost me a $1050 insurance excess.
Then another night I came out to find some kids had egged the car.
After that I spent $1000 on a front and rear Blackvue dashcam setup with a dedicated battery. Camera stores up to a day's footage on a constant loop with about 24h of battery on a full charge.
It was expensive, but will pay itself off the next time my car's damaged. Also the satisfaction of having someone charged with hit and run on top of them paying for the repairs is glorious.

>2017
>not running a 24 hours dash cam in your car

Are asians really worse drivers or is that a myth? I'm asian and I feel like I'm a pretty good driver, so...

i worked nights last year in a mall and someone backed into my car in the middle of the night and left a fake phone number on my windshield, asked around and sure enough someone got their plate. guy lent his car to someone with no license and insurance, i got $1000 cash to fix my busted tail light and the cops gave the person tickets for hit n run, no license, no insurance etc totalling a few thousand. its worth trying

I've been rear ended twice and side swiped one in my life. Four of those times it's been some chink.

>bro

Welcome to car ownership in the U.S. you will be hit again, and you will not receive a note, or you'll get a note that says "I only wrote this because someone saw me hit you. Have a nice day!"

> butterbar thinking he's not an overpaid private
Priceless.

dashcams
hidden raspberry pi zero cams
alternate SOC cams
you have a bunch of options dude

>Also the satisfaction of having someone charged with hit and run on top of them paying for the repairs is glorious

it fuckin pays for itself

this is why I park as far away from the entrance as possible. I can walk 50 yards across the parking lot to avoid douchebags.

>FYI, I'm a university student, and I'm in the Navy reserves part-time.
>I got shit to do.
stfu bitch. me as a nuke will always have more to do than you

>spending money to fix a shitbox

Two headlights on ebay are like 75

look up how to remove the fender, it's not hard

buy a painted one off ebay or wait till one in the same color shows up and swap it on. Meanwhile attach the bumper back on. It's very simple to remove body panels.

The reason it's probably 1k is they're spraying the fender into the door which you're supposed to do to match the paint but costs a lot more. The time to take the wing mirror off and molding, etc.

>shoppers drug mart

hi leaf

shit senpai have fun with that. color matching on metallic paints are never good so your car will now noticeably look like it's been in an accident.

that's why you never park in crowded areas of a parking lot; it's worth the extra steps to not have a fucked car

ayo hol up, i said "f-a-m" but my post now says senpai

Depends. Asians that are born in a third world country are as good as anyone else.
If you've actually been to an asian country though you'll know the roads there are a absolute shit show.
>no one uses the lanes at all
>no indicators are ever used
>traffic lights are advisory
>60% of the road are people riding scooters/poverty bikes in only wifebeaters and no helmet.
If they're tourists or immigrants from asia then, yes. Absolutely.

*Born in a 1st world country.

That's not a fair comparison. That's a plastic bumper and the fender is metal. You can match it pretty well if the shop knows what it's doing. They can compare your current fender color to the different shades of your color and order the closest shade.

If you trigger the word filter, you deserved to be gassed.

stay triggered honda faggot.

>18112745
Imagine being this autistic over a play of words lmao, you deserve the fucking hit&run you retarded faggot.

Been there, done that OP. You're pretty much fucked and gotta sucker the costs. Somebody rammed into my passenger side front fender to the point where the door clips and bends the metal so I don't use it anymore.

I learned my lesson and am going to pick up a dashcam once refunds are in.

Newfags need to get the fuck out

That's a fancy way of saying you suck dicks like it's cool

Same thing happened to my boss. some guy bumped his car and it fucked with some kind of sensor (never got the details). He couldn't get his seatbelt to work properly and when he took it to the shop they noticed a bump on the front bumper.
Long story short insurance totaled the car.

A friend of mine also bumped someone's car in a parking lot and bailed afterwords. I can expect that of him because he's never been the sharpest tool in the shed.