Basic human right

>basic human right
>most expensive thing you'll ever afford

huhhh

>owning private property is a human right
lol no

of course it is

Article 17 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others

okay. Who's saying you have to buy a $300,000 house? i know plenty of people making $14 an hour who have homes. Nobody is keeping you from getting a house but its not supposed to be given to you.

Thats not what rights are. You have the right to bear arms. Doesnt mean guns are being handed out. No you have to pay for it you weak little bitch. go out and work fag.

real estate*

checkmate atheists

shut up MOM I do what i WANT

Housing has always been the most expensive single item on a normal budget. This isn't a new thing.

freeeeeeeeeeedom!

There's a difference between ownership and possession. Ownership means acquiring through legal means.
You have the right to receive property, not the right to have it unconditionally.

Ability to purchase is not the same as entitlement

>not buying some cheap abandoned land for like 5k
>not building a space age cuckshed yourself for around 15k

stay poor sheep , keep paying the banks and landlords instead of paying yourself morons , keep complaining instead of solving your own problems , blame the joo

I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine the only plot of land you can buy for under 30k€ or so is unfit to build in according to the law. And 5k is about half of what it costs just to have your project approved by the municipal government

Constitutional rights are protections against government interference, not gibs.

become amish

The gross cost of my education is set to tally over the cost of my parents' house. Thanks to scholarships and financial aid I will be receiving it for free. I will concurrently be using a VA loan to purchase what will become a luxury rental property costing at least three times what my undergraduate education costs at no money down.

If you're some kind of doofus going up to your eyeballs in debt for a house that you can barely afford with your bad credit then you're going it wrong.

And who enforces this right? The UN? The USA? KFC?

Here's a thing about property a lot of people don't understand- your local government, whether State or council or whatever, have more authority over what you can do with your land than you do. State planning policy frameworks have a very thin field on what's permissible, everything from not operating a vacuum cleaner after 8pm to not making your property a rubbish dump to even if you can sell your property to a foreigner.

Don't ever talk to me about rights and my wife's property again

>yet if you can literally sell it the next day for more than you bought it.

How many hundreds of miles is your house from your job?

you can thank obama for letting the fed do whatever it wants.

the upper classes have so much money you wont ever own anything more than a metal storage box ever again.

>human rights exist

wew

human rights are a spook

but you're right that housing prices are inflated compared to their actual value, somehow we failed to learn this lesson ten years ago, hopefully this time it will actually crash so everyone except boomers can finally buy a real house

This to almost all threads on Veeky Forums

Wtf are you talking about faggit

Good job? Don't get depressed and kill yourself

Veeky Forums and basic human rights? Lol How delusional are you?
Who your crack dealer?

You aren't entitled to the fruits of someone else's labour. Having a roof over your head can't be a right because you're requiring someone else to provide it for you.

Rights are protections to not have things done to you. Property rights: the right to not have your property taken off you. The right to not be tortured/forced to convert religions/murdered etc. You can't have a "right" to food, or clean water, or healthcare, or housing. Get fucked with your entitled post modernist neo marxist victim complex bullshit. You expect people to be forced at gun point to make sure you're nice and comfy, with no effort on your end? How could you possibly think that's a fair or decent idea?

Property doesn't mean a house, property means things you legally acquire. It is your right to keep those things and not have them illegally seized by the state or others.

iktf, my cunt has nearly half of it covered in pristine forests while the other half is already developed and has all the best locations occupied
I just want to build a homestead in relative wilderness that is not dependent on monopolistic utilities and other bullshit