teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil AHUE): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTHiAWQp2eY#t=7m30s
scrap.tf/raffles/2YHH6E
thehartleyhooligans.com/p/lola.html
youtu.be/U43WUKk7MZw
youtube.com/watch?v=U819YrM4bUU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for reasonable discussion

They don't stand still while they are in uber, they are always moving towards the point, shooting at the sentry.
So the medic just ubers demo, sentry down in a second with 3 stickies (Let's say the demo can't aim). Scout follows behind, no need to flash.

They are now 75% to the point, with the full team bringing up the rear. And you are one down, (Perhaps hiding in spawn).

Call me negative, but in every situation, it's wiser to just keep on with a reliable damage class. Hell, heavy / reliable reflect pyro would be smarter than engie.

rate my pyro

xth for ding dong the dead ringer's dead

Youtube ruined TF2

First for Everyone in this general is autistic.

needs to be more fire-retardant and less retarded
but the flower is cute

>and yet another fucking fempyro op
it's not like we could something diff-
oh shit, it's actually not fempyro this time
good job

I'dfucfuck the shit out of it

the scout is going to get spammed to death entering last without a flash
what's a reliable damage class going to do if the enemy is ubered
scout is pretty much dead weight until the uber fades at which point you sentry will have been killed and you switched back to scout anyways
engie on last is pretty much always worth it if you have time to put up at least a level 2, if not heavy is your next best bet which does pretty much the same thing a sentry does but you won't be able to switch back to scout mid fight

Post most difficult class in the game.

>soldier
>difficult
saying this as a soldier main

the other guy has a point
you have to flash the scout or he can't get ahead of the sentry before it goes down, it forces him to stay behind the pair while they destroy it. the scout will get the sentry to turn his way which will take a huge knockback burden off the demo so he can actually advance forward. if they try to peek an unsafe corner and get it, that opens their med up to spam or potential sniper picks, and the rest of your team is going to be playing around the sentries blind spot anyways.
the sentry forces the uber as well as ammo from the enemy demo, and gives your team an immediate uber advantage and costs the engineer next to nothing if he just switches back once its down.
a heavy can be focused down without using uber and is going to require the majority of an uber to not die immediately. a heavy going down is much more detrimental than a sentry going down.
a pyro will be laughed out of the building. you have a better shot at going sniper and trying for a hail mary pick.

>2015

That scenario is incredibly specific and falling under very exact conditions.

What you described would only happen if:
>your scout only walked forward and didn't dodge anything, doesn't take flank.
>they knew exactly where you were coming from / had moderate map awareness, despite being on complete panic defense mode (Most throws happen because of this)
>if the enemy had uber ready to go
>the engie / scout wasn't killed
>your team doesn't direct fire at the medic demo pair that is charging for the point
>the other team has given you some time to build

All of this, given the speed at which 6's games move, I highly doubt would be the case in all engie scenarios. There is a chance, but still highly unlikely.

I'll give you the point about the scout, but you still have 2 soldiers, and demo dealing damage from the front.

Teams would uber onto last anyway, if they know they have others to cap, eg. Roamer and other Scout.

Who says they have time to build a sentry, even?

musimc?

What, I still own all of those things, what's the issue user

make a new screen you god damn lazy fuck

People who are bad at games will still play games regardless of whether it has a price tag or not. Having money doesn't magically mean people stop being retarded.

>doesn't magically mean people stop being retarded.
But it significantly decreases the amount of people that are retarded, on average.

Was this RebornImmortal(or whatever retarded characters he uses to spell this) and was it on 2Fort?

>lazy fuck
I put out a mod today, tested a map for an upcoming event, am currently running tests to find out how to fix what's broken about that map.
I only have time left over to shitpost and repost old images. Have this webm I made today by way of a slight apology.

this webm alone is hilarious. Too bad I only play on sv pure because ,as we all know, no good community servers exist

time concerns were already brought up in the other post you replied to. it's not worth unless you know you can get it to level 2, but building the sentry is the best of a bad situation. both teams have to go through their respective demo/medic/roamer counterparts, but a sentry in this specific scenario of being pushed back to last is going to give your team the biggest advantage to hold, outside of just getting a pick on the med.
it's not an impossible situation for either team. skill is going to be the deciding factor always, but having a reliable advantage is a huge boon to any team who can make it work

You actually make a good point, I'll see if there's some footage of it in action. Perhaps there's something I've missed here. Seems like suicide to me.

Skill is always the deciding factor, in any game realistically. But I normally wouldn't chance it with a desperate wildcard. Seems reasonable when it's put that way, though.

there's a clip of a semi-recent lan where a scout goes engie on process last, sees that the demo/med pushed in without popping and just waited for his sentry to die, immediately went sniper and dropped the med from the spawn door.
i gave it a few youtube searches but i can't remember which event it was or who even did it, but it was slick as fuck

what do you mean seems like suicide

found it. got the details a little wrong, happened sometime in 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=TTHiAWQp2eY#t=7m30s

When will the new update likely roll out?
Always was on a wednesday/thursday

jesus fucking christ swiftwater is amazing. Why hasn't that guy done more maps?

Okay, some updated information about the race. We will be running a couple of custom values for the race to greater punish bumping the rails and to make boosting more tactical. If you're using the map on the workshop to practice you're going to want to replicate these values in your console.

tf_halloween_kart_boost_duration 4
tf_halloween_kart_boost_recharge 19
tf_halloween_kart_slowmoving_accel 200

These cvars control how quickly you get up to speed while in a kart, how many seconds it takes for the boost to charge, and how many seconds it takes for the boost to end (unless you hit something)

Defaults were:
boost_duration 1
boost_recharge 5
slowmoving_accel 500

what race?

> new update likely roll out
we all hope so

It's the karting event I've been working on for 2(?) months.

Got prizes for people who win, place, or show, free entry as always. Server ip and start time are in the image.

>tfw can't attend the karting event

One worth posting here, be quick about it:

scrap.tf/raffles/2YHH6E

this is tf2 in 2017

update won't be out today since they still haven't done pyro patchnotes or the update page (which usually comes out the day before the update)

>Please wait while we verify you
The kike really needs to do something about this. Someone who's been using the same fucking IP for the past 15 years should not have to be verified so often.

spray link?

>4th of July is coming up soon
>Implying the update is coming out today
>Implying Valve employees won't be on vacation for the entirety of next week
Won't be out until mid July at best.

hitler tried to prevent this

I don't get this, when you fuck up two children, why try for a third?

It's the same as having children knowing full well there is a very very real risk of them being born retarded.

my parents did this.

Someone claimed Eric sent out the update email yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was a fake post or not.

Someone post that image where the one guy has like 5 kids with the same eye condition that the mother has. The real kicker is that the condition is easily fixable with surgery,
it's just that apparently they're too poor to afford it.

Your parents must be either be slot machine addicts, or sadistic.

thehartleyhooligans.com/p/lola.html

I'm so sorry. I'm not sure why these people don't just adopt instead of bringing some thing that doesn't even qualify as human into this world.

Only hlds updates sent out recently have been for rising storm and shit that actually has already come out.

>We were told that we likely had a 25% chance for recurrence,

>We never expected to hear that Lola was also affected

Hitler was right.

>Both girls have a Neuro-Metabolic Disorder known as Asparagine Synthetase Deficiency (affecting the ASNS gene). Both Scott & I are carriers for this gene, and it is autosomal recessive, as expected. This means that we have a 25% chance of this occurring with each pregnancy.
Absolutely insane chance of something like that happening, tbqh, I think these people must be compulsive gamblers.
>We absolutely LOVE our lives that we have to dedicated to taking care of TWO children who will never grow to be more than a infant mentally
I believe the one in pic related is around 16~17.

its like a god damn goblin

same reason they smoke, drink alcohol etc etc. I can blame my parents for my genetics or upbringing but it won't change them.

well I can't choose my parents.
>inb4 people think I'm an edgy teen just because I am critical of my parents

>I don't get this, when you fuck up two children, why try for a third?
idk why dont u ask ure mom

At least their family is financially stable enough to support them and their two defective dogs. Also infantile in my earlier post was wrong, apparently they can communicate. So they're like toddlers at the very least. Which quantifies them as human I guess?

Hey, it could be worse. I mean, at least you aren't a goblin.

So which horribly crippling disorder, disease, affliction, etc. do you suffer from?

>inb4 it's the 'tism

Perhaps i should be asking yours, bru.

we have the same mom you dumb fag

>get 5 seconds cloak
>have to wait just as long as the oldbcloak time to recharge it.

i want a divorce. i can't handle your abuse anymore!

i love u

>he plays with a '"no hat" mod
Reminder that everyone having distinct looks gives you a tactical advantage, letting you recognize the threats on the enemy team immediately, and making it easier to keep track of all the enemy players states (health, need to reload, playstyle, current class, etc).
Reminder that a team without cosmetics or all with matching cosmetics will have an advantage over a team with unique appearances.

That, and I can't grow a decent beard either. If you think these aren't somehow some of the worst diseases out there you clearly are underestimating just how awful it is.

B-baka. saying such things in public...

I-its not like i love you or anything.

this isn't an issue in comp and never really an issue in reality. Just headshot quicker.

>people expecting the jungle update before the summer sale ends
I just want it to be over with though.
Just rip this bandaid off, valve. Please.

This. Good hatless/gibus players are fucking worst. They disrespect you by not wearing cosmetics and fooling you.

In my experience, there's at least an 80% chance that gibus is just hacking and not actually good.

>aspergers deficiency

How do I get good again after not playing for 4 or 5 years?
Also why is matchmaking so shit holy fuck it's several time worse than league

By playing the game. There isn't some secret method or special tactic.

Play with people of equal or better skill. You'll either get gud or quit

>played with hatless guy today
>bretty good as any class
>checked his profile
>200 hrs, screenshots of huge pubstomping, no trace of main account

Alt of previously banned player.

Yeah i checked it too now. So he have around 3k hours. Motherfucker.
youtu.be/U43WUKk7MZw

Wow, you really are retarded.

jungle update when?

you're fucking retarded

y-you retard

soon™

oh

*cries*

Eventually™

>i-i'm stuttering l-like one of m-my cute anime girls

lol, fag.

i-i w-w i-i l-l s-s-t-t u-u t-t e-e r-r u-u n-n t-t i-i l-l y-y o-o u-u r-r f-f u-u c-c k-k i-i n-n g-g e-e y-y e-e s-s b-b l-l e-e e-e d-d

Valve Time™™™™™

reminder that the mutated milk and self-aware beauty mark are direct upgrades

They should give a free hag after every 10th team switch

Don't forget the Nostromo Napalmer

Valve finally confirmed in-game hag. Been waiting forever.

only good players should switch

I know that the mutated stuff is faster + reaches further but what's wrong with the Napalmer?

smaller world model lets you hide around corners easier

Are they really?

youtube.com/watch?v=U819YrM4bUU

Bullying pyros who think they're hidden behind a corner is one of my favorite things to do, though.