/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>interchangeable parts edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu951OWZ2E
youtube.com/watch?v=SxYsdseCmZw
youtube.com/watch?v=R7jpbcFiq8w

>Shingu's driving
youtu.be/oWtBdAy0PPU

>user's Honda
youtube.com/watch?v=dUdyzeea0eA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=BUQlfyl7chU&feature=youtu.be

>2018 NSX
youtube.com/watch?v=zwkUHSt35vE

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

honolulu.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=civic&sort=pricedsc&hasPic=1&min_auto_year=1992&max_auto_year=1995
honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/d/eg-hatch/6331868702.html
honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/d/94-honda-civic/6343796051.html
prnewswire.com/news-releases/clarions-1991-acura-nsx-raises-big-money-for-the-american-red-cross-at-barrett-jackson-las-vegas-300544980.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gxbOACjTTSY
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1997-honda-integra-type-r-jdm-2-door/1243026947?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/INTEGRA/700040021330161226002/index.html
honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-si-em1/6360035639.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Join the collage user. Pic related is the current version.

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

How do I always catch the threads?

This actually shifts nicer than with the short shifter alone. I'm gonna get a nut under it to hold the boot up.

>implying you're not lurking 24/7 in the catalog

I do refresh it every 45 or so minutes while cruising for work. Kek

CG6 a cute.

Should I get a CBR600rr or an F4i from the same year.

How the fuck do you nihgas get the u joint of the strut onto the lower arm? shits annoying as fuck and i almost broke something

thats fucking nice

This thing? Usually a few taps with a hammer will do it.

a hammer and grease

Indeed. It even has a double wishbone front suspension.

The motorcycle division gets all the love. :^)

i mean the ones at the bottom of the rear strut
ill get a pic soon

Not a fan of keyless ignition.

Agreed, it doesn't belong here.

Much like the Multistrada, this is a 'go anywhere' bike that gets stranted should the little key battery die out.

Whats your EG swapped with?
I'm thinking of going GSR.

Somebody put in a D16A before I bought it to replace the 70hp D15B8 it had from factory. It's decent and I plan on riding it out for as long as I can. Will probably put in a B16 then.

Speed vs comfort
Take your pick

These are my exact feelings. I don't care how much people assure me the technology is sound and durable, I still picture the key fob getting cracked during some kind of impact, like falling out of a pocket while riding, and either not working after or letting water in. For a long distance touring bike I'd want something that will continue to run if auxiliary electronics fail.

This fucker right here
if i jack it up, it goes to one side and i cant pin through
other side is not as bad

Oh yeah those are kind of a bitch to line up on old cars. I use a pry bar and hammer to line it up. If your bolt is pointed, just put the point in that hole poking out and hammer it in.

I'm really digging the headlights on the concept on the left. Reminds me of a 2000gt

unfortunately the arm the strut is suppose to align with is shorter meaning i have to lift the strut up and somehow bring it around and line it up
ever done that?

I think I have. Though the EG setup looks a little different. Pic related. I have some trouble lining up all three holes when putting the lower control arm in.

Del sol soon fellow fags.

it wouldnt annoy me as much if the arm was the one sitting lower so i could just raise it but im pissed because it almost broke my wrist

ever changeo ut a sway bar?

Not yet. My buddy threw one in my car while I was working on other stuff. Doesn't seem too bad though.

reposting for echo in daytime

these rear springs are a bitch because the spring compressors only work so much, instead one could use a jack and the lower arm itself as a compressor of sorts

assuming double wishbones all around mean i dont have to take it in for alignment?

Someone in the Tokyo Auto Show thread posted a completely unsubstantiated rumour about a new CRZ. I'm unreasonably excited.

Pretty much. This type of suspension means that lowering it will camber the wheels unless you install aftermarket upper control arms that allow for camber adjustment.

because the first gen was so good right

Got my replacement engine ordered for the Lexus.

>125k miles
>donor car was rear ended
>$805 shipped

I won't be paying on it but I'll benefit from the credit score boost on it. Will be getting fresh belts and a water pump before swapping it in so it should be good as new.

How is a 5th gen Civic as a first car/enthusiast car?
Anything I should know?
Recommended mods/maintenance?

It's probably the top choice for that. They're dead simple to work on and the D series engine is a tank if you keep up with oil and timing belts. Just check for rust in the rear quarter panels if you live in a rust prone area or if the car came from one.

Good mods to start with -

>coilovers
>15 inch wheels and 195/50/15 size tires
>short shifter

Thanks for the info man, that's what I had hoped. I'm hoping to pick one up and use it to learn to wrench so I'm glad it's as simple as it sounds

>friendly reminder to lubricate your hood latch at least once a year. The hood should pop up if you pull on the cable
>friendly reminder to check tire pressures at least once a month
>friendly reminder to check your fluids every time you refuel

Wassup my nihgas? Have you done anything to your Hondas lately? I cleaned my trunk, lubricated my hood latch (friendly reminder to do it at least annually), topped off my oil and coolant, and changed to my winter wheels. I'm worried about my valve seals gone to shit since it's burning oil more than 1 quart every 300 miles.

Pretty good
See friendly reminders at the beginning of this post
Raceland coilovers, see owners manual and stick to it for max reliability

Yeah it's the first car I've done work to and it's all been pretty easy. Things that are a pain in the ass with other brands are dead simple with these. Pulling a starter motor in a VW or a Toyota is a pain but I can have my Civic starter out within minutes.

Kek my hood latch was shit so I have a brand new one in mine. Oil change soon myself.

>Tfw taking the Mobil 1 Extended meme seriously with no regrets

Only thing lately is that I'm waiting on a bite on FB to get a replacement OEM distributor. Nice that it still runs great while I wait.

good reminder since my shit aint popping up anymore.

engine going into the CRX tomorrow

>fucking up on track day in an S2000

P R I C E Y

Different user, but would either of you recommend any of these to start out with?
honolulu.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=civic&sort=pricedsc&hasPic=1&min_auto_year=1992&max_auto_year=1995

>eg with ek front end swap

why

>All the cheap ones are clapped out or auto

Prices are high as fuck but that island life I guess. I found two that should be good.

honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/d/eg-hatch/6331868702.html

H22 swap is super good. 200 crank horsepower stock so it'll be a very quick car.

honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/d/94-honda-civic/6343796051.html

Doesn't say what engine this one has not AC and a fresh paint job with recent engine work is a big plus.

>Removing the best Civic front end for plastic headlight shit

S M H

>not AC

I mean but. I assume AC is a huge deal if it gets as hot there as it does on the Gulf Coast.

None to be honest

You're gay

Does the first gen even have cup holders?

I still don't have a fucking cup holder in my car. Haven't ordered the Taurus one yet. Just been jamming Pepsi cans between my seat and handbrake forever.

>first gen NSX doesn't visibly have cup holders
oh shit i did not notice all this time! with the new one they are located in the glove compartment and you attache them to that slot the arrow is pointing at. maybe the first gen has them hidden somewhere too.

Nope, but the 91 had a phone in the arm rest

>best civic front
come on now

I tried looking it up on Google Images and all I saw were cup holder mods so I guess it doesn't.

>tfw no NSX phone to call customers on who don't answer their fucking door

Does Clarion still do stuff with your old NSX?

Veeeeery close second. Hard to not be biased, you know? kek

They just auctioned it like last week I think

Just contacted them, the h22 eg is already sold.

The engine in the other is a d15b8. Still worth it?

>D15B8

So it's a CX like mine. Thing that sucks is that it has 70 crank horsepower from the factory but it has some mean MPG. For that price though I don't think it'll be worth it. If it were swapped for at least a D16Z6 at least it would be decent.

Neat. I really like what they did with it. Wonder how much it went for.

prnewswire.com/news-releases/clarions-1991-acura-nsx-raises-big-money-for-the-american-red-cross-at-barrett-jackson-las-vegas-300544980.html

Wew that's a lot of money.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxbOACjTTSY

what do I do? (besides buying a new car)

i cant find a quarter panel patch thats big enough

Integra Type R with 55000 miles for 11k

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1997-honda-integra-type-r-jdm-2-door/1243026947?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yes?

That's about how much it costs for a near mint condition ITR from Japan, and that's before the cost of import is added. If you really want it then go for it.

goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/INTEGRA/700040021330161226002/index.html
980,000 Yen ~ 11,200 CAD (plus import duties)

is the 5th Gen Honda Prelude a good car or should i just buy an Accord V6 Coupe

>Didn't break the quarter window
I'd just drive that poor thing till you can afford something new.

ya but i like this 1 :(

I feel you, If my CM5 suspension wasn't kill, she would be driving around earning a new subframe and bits, EK hatches that arent modded are cool.

Prelude has a better engine bay to work with

Beat it back into shape from the inside

Wew

>Not even the humble Fit is safe

Fug

no, if you decrease the strut height you will need an alignment because of the dynamic toe change inherent to the design. car will drive straight but turn in will feel lazy and tire wear will increase.

you could try the proven-but-sketchy method of placing two wheels flat on the ground with the strut assembly between them and blasting off the top nut with an impact. a lot faster.

that fucking S U C K S

new car dude, come on

fuck yeah, but please dont daily in winter

same gen v6 coupe has the most unreliable transmission ever fitted to a honda, and honda autos have a bad rep as-is
if you want to go through the trouble of finding a manual and swapping it then good on you, otherwise fuck no. get the lude.

Same user from last night. Is this worth the money?

Trying to find a civic in hawaii to start on. The 95-00 automatics look in good condition, but learning to wrench and starting on a auto-manual conversion seems a bad idea

>Commiting a felony for GE8 parts
Nihgas is broke these days.

never

When I pulled the engine out I saw there was some CV grease in the engine bay, so I redid the CV joint earlier. Here's the result; looks bretty good

>tfw shop once quoted my mom $185 for a leaky CV axle,
>It's just the front valve cover dripping on it

engine going in

Pretty sure the ignition coil in my EK is going bad again. I just put a new one in last year and now its acting up again.

>Is this worth the money?
honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-si-em1/6360035639.html

forgot the link like an idiot

\o/ take my energy brother. may your shitbox live long and reliably

I haven't posted here lately.

The long hood FWD is growing on me, I kinda want a lude.

do I belong here even though my Honda is only a few years old, and has no mods?

everyones a nihga

except evo owners

They're gaining appeal in the resale market due to their growing rarity, so I would buy sooner than later. Go for the later generations if you want a daily driver as most pre-1992 Preludes are either beaters or garage queens at this point.

>White Si lude in good condish $4995
>tfw I'd pay this

I was in the market for 3rd gen preludes and I saw one for sale recently. I researched a bit more about the cars and digging further, it seems like the car has a B21A1 engine
Supposedly it burns a lot of oil due to piston ring wear according to various forums. Does anyone have experience with this particular engine?

Get out of here with your wealth

>THIS fucking close to losing my shit

I think my Ebrake cable is fucked on the drivers side.
> when braking lightly, rhythmic ' chh--chh--chh--chh' coming from drivers side drum, proportional to speed
>gets louder with more pressure until it just cuts out
>pop off centre console, metal retainer thing not in its holder, only pulls drivers side until the retainer thing gets to the holder, then both sides pull a bit

Picked up a Fit EV yesterday after a long process of waiting for Honda to re-certify the car to be leased out again. Once the service department caught up finally went back to the dealership. After reviving Honda corporate's approval I spent some time getting comfy in and analyzing the floor models since printing up a contract at this dealership requires at least an hour and 2 people like it's an ICBM launch or something.

So far so good, really happy with the car. Only complaints I have so far apply to all the 2nd gen Fits like the back seat headrests not being squishy enough, but that instant torque always puts a smile on my face.

>Not fucking up the environment for lulz

She's done boys

That's a funny looking D16

Nice work, I wish I had something like that to wrench on.

>guy in local classifieds selling a 1988 CRX on the cheap
>call & text the number
>it's out of service
>send email
>no response

dont let your dreams be memes
You can do it