/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1079

Comfy edition.

Previous thread: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Tyranny and Andromeda are out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (romance confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 likely out before June 2019
>Bioware's new IP- Anthem, set for fall 2018
>Divinity Original Sin 2 coming out on September 14
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #2 comic is out

Sales:
Inquisition GOTY PC $19.99

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Taking a nap.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to have a good sleep!
youtube.com/watch?v=SaLftZupGGc

Merrill

Fenris

Solas

I love our elves!

Vomit

Bigot!

That's a nice hairstyle for Sera. It suits her.

>look through the booru
Good Lord there are a lot of relics in here.

Me too!

>tfw DA2 will never get the proper, well done remaster it fully deserves

I'd rather they focused on carrying out the story first. We can worry about digital remasters later.

Shame that most hair mods only show up on Ultra settings or cutscenes.

Sadly not the one with Asunderchan as Andraste...

>All selfiefags are dead

if they improve the gameplay, add more scenes and slice of life stuff with the companions, improve the imersion in act 1 and fix the pacing and add more story in act3, it would be one of the best wRpg made.

but in the end, the main story can't change much so it would be the same stuff for some people who already played it before and it's best for the franchise to get a better grounding and try to get more popular moving foward with the story than rehash old content.

Maybe in some far future this remaster could happen and have the public to consume it, but now it would just fail commercially.

Nice thread user!

Thank you!

> Shale as pack mule
I love when artist show the mundane aspects of adventuring that aren't shown during a game.

It's only been 5,6 years since it came out... and I'd like BW to figure out Frostbite a bit more.

Best post.

Bad posts.

Bald* posts xD

ayy

Wow, I didn't think it would be possible to add imported textures like that in Inquisition. Why has no one done this yet?

And thanks a lot, you are a gift! I will try to mod some textures too.

They're all good posts!

XD

How did you think the various vallaslain/PJ/complexion changes are done? It's all just reskins of existing files.

If only we were able to add to the game's database...

The idea of a Fen'Harel vallaslin is so stupid, unless it's strictly used as a punishment.

Looks ugly too.

This, I could never understand that mod and the fics and fanarts that used that idea. It goes against anything Solas ever said and did.

Not worse or better than some other mods I've seen, saved it for the absurdity factor. I do wonder how goddamn uncomfortable Solas would feel seeing the dalish Quiz with that day in and out (provided it's their original vallaslin)

I'm pretty sure if Solas saw a Dalish wearing vallaslin dedicated to him he'd knock them out and remove it while they were unconscious. Wouldn't even need to romance him, he'd do it before the game even started. Your Lavellan just wakes up in Haven with nothing on their face.

I think Solas would give his Dalish Elf army a distinct Vallaslin in Dragon Age 4.

Besides being offended he'd probably be really confused if it's their first vallaslin. I can't picture the sort of shit you'd need to do before you're old enough to get your tattoos (which I'm assuming is anywhere between 15 and 20) that you get the vallaslin for basically Satan. I think the clan would kick you out before that point.

> Leliana: Strange... their tattoo is gone... do you know what caused this to happen, Solas?
> "The... ink reacted strangely to the Fade energies, and began to infect, and the healing spells I used caused it to to disintegrate. Curious, no?

>All vocaroofags are dead

Well Drack's loyalty mission was pretty shitty, even by ME:A standards.

Why would he mark his agents as slaves? He hates slavery, he sacrificed everything to get rid of it. Also, like said, they don't even make sense in the world of the series, because, even if they existed for some idiotic reason, no sane Dalish would ever honor Fen'Harel.

It's ironic how the Dalish mistook the vallaslin as marks to honor the gods and thought "Of course the lore and knowledge we gathered say nothing about Fen'Harel's vallaslin, it's perfectly normal that monster doesn't have any!", when it reality it means the exact opposite, that the elven gods were all slavers and the only one who never branded anyone was him.

Fen'Harel vallaslin would be for the edgy elves who style themselves as hardcore and misunderstood, but they're actually just whiny little brats who want to pretend that they're that way because their clan doesn't "get" them.

That would go against everything he stands for, though. Even if it didn't, they'd make for pretty poor spies if they're wandering around with really obvious and unique vallaslin.

Wait until you get to nuJacob's

> it's ironic
More like, pretty bad taste to model your fantasy race after IRL peoples who's histories have been destroyed and then unknowingly mark themselves as slaves.

You only get your vallas once in one sitting to mark the passage from child to adulthood.

Are you okay, user?

Yeah but they're kinda vague about the process, it's implied you have to earn it and you don't just get it once you turn a certain age.

Eh, it was fine. It wasn't buggy as fuck and Liam doesn't feel like he was written to be a "badass" meant to appeal to twelve year olds.

>"Members of one such cult on the western fringes of Orlais, in the Tirashan forest wore brilliant crimson vallaslin. Unlike the Dalish, who invoke the names of their gods in battle for aid, they were offering their enemies as a sacrifice"
The Dalish/Ancient Elves living in Tirashan Forest worship the Forgotten Ones and wear a crimson Vallaslin. Something something the Forgotten Ones connected with Red Lyrium and the Blight.

That is true, Solas hates slavery. But note that he also considers every modern race in Thedas, including the Dalish, inferior to his people: the Ancient Elves.

Probably blood magic. They steal blood from the guards patrolling the borders.

Solas did supposedly lock the forgotten ones in the void, which according to that story about Andruil is where the blight came from.

On that note isn't it kind of weird how absent the forgotten ones were from Trespasser? Solas only talks about sealing away the Evanuris.

Most of that mission was just shooting stuff!

He still hates the thought of slavery, period. He prompts Dorian to fight to free all the slaves, of every race, in Tevinter. He hates the Qun because it's basically slavery, when teached like the triumviate teaches it, and he approves of Bull when he finds the strength to become Tal-Vashoth and finally be free. He approves when the Inquisitor frees the mages and he feels pity and guilt towards the Dalish and the elves rotting in the alienages.

He even promises the Inquisitor that he will fight the Qun to ensure the freedom of Thedas before the Veil falls down. Of course this only happens if you are his friend/his lover, otherwise he doesn't give a shit, but if you help him realize that modern Thedas is real, then he cares a lot. That's why he's so torn in the end.

that's because the dalish remembers many things wrong. you have to take everything the dalish teach with a grain of salt now, because it's probably incorrect or contains many wrong details. Abelas and Solas prove this multiple times.

Was there even a single vocaroo in all of 2016?

>there's something connecting everything together: elves, dwarves, titans, evanuris, dragons, spirits, lyrium, the blight, the fade
>the next game is at least two years away and it still won't have all the answers

If you count NYE.

I will give you all the answers after replaying Inquisition!

I think he has a low opinion of modern races, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd be all right with enslaving them even in a symbolic sense. Just look at what he thinks of the Dalish for using vallaslin purely out of ignorance, or the Tevinter slave trade, or the Qun. If there's one thing that's clear about Solas, it's that he really, REALLY hates slavery.

>if you help him realize that modern Thedas is real, then he cares a lot
This. With how much he throws out approval like candy whenever you help people or act selflessly, I wonder if he isn't forcing himself to stay emotionally detached even if you don't befriend him.

Was the Vallaslin just a symbol of slavery and ownership in Elvhenan? Or did it allow the Evanuris to "mind-control" their slaves?

If the latter is possible, then Solas would use it for communicating and controlling his Elven army.

>Or did it allow the Evanuris to "mind-control" their slaves?
Nothing about this has been suggested.

Oh okay! The sphere in the left side looks very much like an Elven Orb, controlling the Elven slaves. And Solas is freeing them by lifting their Vallaslin markings. It is said that each Evanuris had an Elven Orb.

They obviously exerted some kind of control over their slaves when they wanted to via the Well of Sorrows, etc., but I'm not sure the vallaslin itself had anything to do with that.

You shouldn't try to read so much into stuff. Discussing about lore is a thing, but coming up with the weirdest theories following Bioware's artwork is another.

The Elven Orb seems to be underwater and Mythal allegedly is tied to water/sea. Maybe that has something to do with it or it might be a way to represent lyrium, but we can't really speculate more than this, it's already reading too far into it.

We need DA4

>He still hates the thought of slavery, period
Funny, he has zero issue with making the Templars effectively slaves.

>that violin arrangement of the main theme that plays when you're out in the hinterlands/emerald graves/crestwood

Trevor Morris has be feeling nostalgic over a place that doesn't even exist.

The answers willl be disappointing as fuck so you better enjoy the years of ignorance.
His talent was kinda wasted on that game, the soundtrack doesn't play nearly enough.

Meredith did nothing wrong.

These Trespasser murals depict some pretty important lore..but okay user! And I don't think Mythal or any of the Evanuris is tied to water/sea.

I think it's a little different for the templars because you're telling them to disband the order and join the Inquisition instead, and he dislikes keeping them together because they're the strong arm of an institution that "enslaves" mages. He says as much when he criticizes the order in party banter.

Absolutely, I'm not saying they aren't important, but sometimes the right solution is the easiest one, the one right in front of your eyes.

>It was at this moment that Mythal walked out of the sea of the earth's tears and onto the land.

"Sea of the earth's tears" probably means lyrium.

Makes sense. Titan blood and all.

oh boy are we talking about elf lore again

Only casually, I think. It started out as just a talk about hypothetical vallaslin.

What would you like to talk about, user? Any interesting insights or other Bioware adventures?

Is that a problem, user? Do you not like lore?

We are here, We have waited, We have slept, We are sundered, We are crippled, We are polluted, We endure, We wait, We have found the dreams again, We will awaken!

This isn't the elves speaking, this is the Titans. Thedas is so fucked.

They are Elves.

>Only in dreams do we hear whispered the names of Geldauran and Daern'thal and Anaris, for they are the Forgotten Ones, the gods of terror and malice, spite and "pestilence".

>BioWare obviously wants you to side with and sympathize with the mages
>every mage you meet is a fucking blood mage
>every fucking mage encounter they turn into abominations
>none of the Circle characters are sympathetic like Wynne
>Merrill and Anders are both idiots

Dragon Age 2 really fucked up the mage/templar conflict

The Titans are elves? or the Forgotten Ones are Titans. I've always kind of hoped that they were.

I want to nut on Sera's face..

This isn't true!

She'd never let you.

Shit reminded me of bionicles

She might if I asked nicely.

She would probably just laugh at you.

That's not a nice thing to say, user.. :(

I'm sorry, but sometimes the truth isn't very nice.

Separated at birth?

They look nothing alike. Stop bullying Sera because she's a sexually confident woman.

My bad.

I think you misunderstand. I'm bullying Sera because she's way hella ugly, it has nothing to do with her sex life.

Sera is gorgeous, user!

I'm thinking of making a Cadash 2H warrior. Who should I romance, Bull or Blackwall? Already romanced Sera and I'm not really interested in Josie.

Where's Serabooty.webm?

Where's Serabooty.webm?

>I'm thinking of making a Cadash 2H warrior.
No, you are not.

Blackwall.

Yes I am.

Bull because he's three times your size and that's max qt.

I was leaning towards him but then he can't be in my party because his AI sucks with his spec. Should I just make a tank?

Re-spec Bull into a tank.