What does Veeky Forums think about 96 Camaro RS?

What does Veeky Forums think about 96 Camaro RS?

Any mods I should do? And is there a manual I can get preferably online??

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/1996/chevrolet/camaro/1996_chevrolet_camaro_owners.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiI2cvUwZPXAhUC64MKHYa9BrsQFggmMAA&usg=AOvVaw3e1_zsOI5cWMciSPoEApIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't the RS the v6?

rip out the ls1 and put it in something else, that's all it's good for

V6 3.8L 3800 Series 2

I don't think they even get the 3.8, there was a smaller v6

F bodies actually have really nice suspension, the looks are just love it or hate it.
......you bought a non-v8 camaro? Why?

Well what does that mean (car noob)

my first car was a 3.8 with the manual and ttops...

the roof was the only fun part

My first car so thats all I can get plan on dropping a v8 in

Should i go for some coilovers??

>admitted car noob
>DUDE JUST SWAP IT LMAO
Don't put money into a v6 model.

Don't listen to this guy user.
Car enthusiasm is about taking a car you like and are enthusiastic about and making it your own.
Personally I like underdog builds such as this where you buy a V6 or lower trim model then mod it to beat out the highest trim level
There's the fact you beat the highest trim model on your car and then it only gets sweeter when they realize it too.

However I will warn you that if your making this a dedicated track car then the highest trim would've been the better option but for beating stoplight drags against fags in civics a economical V6 is the way to go!

>t. 3.8L V6 mustang owner

Don't listen to me for telling him to not waste money ricing out a v6 model? Are you that moron that traded a cube for a v6 2001? Any old car is already an underdog in today's world. For the small price difference, it's idiotic to limit yourself to a far worse engine. Congrats you spent 2 grand to best the top trim? That's still not fast by today's standards, by a long shot.

intake
exhaust
pcm tune
shocks and springs

further modding (will need another tune)
Z28 rear end
cam
headers
head work

no theyre not a LT1 but a few mods wakes the 3800 up and makes it more fun to drive

that's a pre ls camaro and the rs 4th gen is a v6 car but this is Veeky Forums so I don't expect you to actually know anything

just get the lt1 or if you don't want to deal with opti spark fucking up everytime you drive in the rain and memes aside want a better engine try to score an ls1 model

>are you that moron who traded a cube for a V6 2001?
No however I could see his reasoning, the cube is slow af and a V6 anything would be an improvement
>Congrats you spent 2 grand to best the top trim? That's still not fast by today's standards, by a long shot.
Congrats you spent an extra 2-3 grand for the GT model and another 2 grand to best the V6 model 2 model years from yours? Good job.
>Any old car is already an underdog in today's world.
So then why are you making a fuss about him having a V6?
>it's idiotic to limit yourself to a far worse engine.
If your only doing tasteful and bolt on mods to increase the power (I.E. not a dedicated track car) then it would make sense to get the more gas effecient model

Let me give you a bit of a "walk in my shoes" lecture
>old (we will say 2005 and under) V6 mustang 60k miles clean interior and exterior $4-6k
>V8 mustang of same year 60k miles chipping paint shit interior (but hey it's a V8 bro!) goes for $8-12k
that's just a rough estimate of them from where I live however It may be different where your from
My point here is that if your on a budget or simply can't afford the Gas, and insurance on a V8 then the V6 is the better option.
The other reason is for the styling as I said in my example a pristine V6 is still cheaper than a rotting V8

With all that said I rest my case
>TLDR: There's a reason the V6 model is even a thing or even lower trim levels for that matter

>my bad the V8 mustang I meant to say would've had 160k miles and would've been worth $8-12k

1998 first year of LS1 in camaro
vette got them in 97

You may not want to end up doing an engine swap. Mod out the V6 and make them V8s gawk. Show us the car, user. I love the older Camaros.

Service manual download:
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/1996/chevrolet/camaro/1996_chevrolet_camaro_owners.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiI2cvUwZPXAhUC64MKHYa9BrsQFggmMAA&usg=AOvVaw3e1_zsOI5cWMciSPoEApIs

That engine has a lot of performance mods for it

>It's a "user buys a V6 camaro thinking an LS1 swap is easy" episode
Holy fuck why don't you shits just buy the right car for $5k
To do it properly, you will need to swap:
>Engine (obviously)
>K-member (IIRC each engine is different, the LT1 and LS1 K-members are not even interchangable between each other)
>Transmission (a V6 trans can't handle the torque, plus the V6's manual trans is only a 5 speed)
>Rear end, the stock V6 is an open diff and weak as fuck (don't even bother with a 10 bolt from a Z28, just get a built 8.8 or 9")
I don't remember if you need suspension components or not, because I'm not a fucking retard that buys the wrong car to start with

I keep thinking threads like this are probably bait but then again
>first car
>ignorance to this level
OP is probably 16 and that's all his parents would buy for him or he couldn't wait long enough working his McJob to earn a couple of grand more.

2-3 grand
Try 1 at most. 90s pony cars are stupid cheap now.

>96 rs
>post z28

as someone who JUST sold a 99 ls1 trans am for $3400 you should sell your shitbox and buy a V8 fbody immediately

the brakes are smaller too. v6 cars have shit brakes

also wheel/tire and different suspension options

the open rear is also geared like shit

>that's just a rough estimate of them from where I live however It may be different where your from
Literally said this in the post user try reading sometime

if you like the looks go for it. 3800 engine is bretty gud. if you want better power and platform to modify, get the Z28. don't waste time modding the V6, unless you are willing to spend the money to turbo it. you can easily take a Z28 and make 400 horsepower with just intake, exhaust, heads, and cam.

it means he doesn't know what he is talking about. fittingly the captcha was pick the bus.

If it is your first car just keep it in good shape if you rely on it for daily transportation. Reliability and ride comfort > going fast and breaking down.