/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Committed the First Sin to extend the reign of false "gods"
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

PARTAKE

Any pcbros need help?

Help me with gael? sl1/+0.
You have to let me get the last hit on him.

If you were serious i'd be in, no kidding.

Wanna help me kill Aava? SOTFS SM 2.6

What's the most Morrowind armor combo?

>He plays ds2

>the First Sin is Gywn linking the flame
>not the Witch of Izalith trying to remake the First Flame
>The Scholar of the First Sin looks like a chaos tree monster and uses chaos lava attacks

Hi Vatti.

I like it.

Aw, you poor thing. I hope you get well soon.

Fuck i just gave luci a reason to return, im so sorry.

>Aldia popping out to say high at random bonfires
every time I play DaS2 I forget one and then it makes me fucking shit myself when the bonfire goddamn explodes and sends me flying

>acknowledging the tripfage
take a leaf from /bbg/ and literally just ignore it entirely, tripfags are like a bad smell, ignore them and they'll go away eventually

What is the best talisman for 60 faith? Saints? I'm primarily looking to heal, I've got Yorkshas for buffs already.

That's okay, user. I forgive you. I have him filtered anyway.

I've been idling for 4 hours at 25+2 with Blue Sentinels on and I haven't been summoned.

oh man, that's a good way to keep dumbass hosts alive through that

Just use Yorshka's for heals as well? Or the branch one for a faster cast speed without needing the sage ring.

Stock. Saint's gets staggered out of casting so easily it may as well be a chime without the Gentle Prayer WA.

>invade at SL55 +6 in central irithyll
>host and a phantom
>fight them, kill the phantom
>blue shows up
>fight host and blue for awhile, kill blue
>two fucking blues show up
>kill both blues
>still 1v3'ing
>somehow every time I killed a blue another immediately spawned in
>EVEN DESPITE ALL OF THIS, kill the host with 6 of 7 estus at the end of it all

Jesus fucking christ I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Gotta say feels fulfilling as fuck on my end though doing that all by myself, at least.

also tfw you post something just before the "new thread" post

Neato, thanks.

Yeah just tossing PH at the boss itself is pretty handy.

What level are you staying at for co-op? Seems like it'd be fun

I want to git gudder at PvP in DaS3. What are some more educational YouTube channels to look at?

>bought sotfs on steam sale
>steam keeps trying to get me to buy vanilla das2 since it's a "similar game"

>Gotta say feels fulfilling as fuck on my end though doing that all by myself, at least.

Congrats. You have arrived. That is why people like invading in DaS3 or gank hunting in DaS1.

source on that hotaru pic?

That character is 60. But I've got a sl 120 Faith character as well, and I'd like to get better at healing people during Gael since that fight is a slog when a phantom dies early.

>accept nekopara as a meme gift from a friend
>my steam recommendations and queues are all full of random weebshit now
STOP

>My flame is yours for the taking, but you have to find it first! I left everything I own in the Kiln of the first Flame ."
Ever since, mighty Individuals from all ages depart for Anor Londo, searching for the Lordvessel, the artifact that would make their dreams come true!

cute fashion

Thanks, although I'm not wild about the cleavage. Pale Shade mask is GOAT.

>Furry pedophile
>Likes Dark Souls 2
Adds up

Honestly never understood the fun in being part of the gank, though. I've actually done it once or twice with friends and it just feels boring and too easy, we're actually good at the game with twinked out PvP builds so we just put people through the meat grinder like it's nothing, just seems lame.

Fighting never-ending waves of blues with a host that actually tries to progress through the level and the mobs is fucking sweet, though. Intense as fuck, I love it. It's those fuckfaces who just sit there and expect you to just 1v3 them and never try to progress through the level that really kill my boner, though. Just sitting there for 10 minutes staring at each other, all I can say is at least thank the lord they nerfed the shit out of the giant seed.

Where's that qt trap at who wanted to 2v2?

The cleavage is the best thing about that chest piece though.

Different strokes, user. Nice character, though.

1 like = 1 point in vig

Unironically Scott Jund's channel (DamnNoHtml) is quite good, he has both a combination of weapon-specific videos as well as ones where he'd just do duels in post-pontiff and narrate them for hours on end.

A lot of his stuff is out of date (considering patches and such), granted, but most "big" names have left the community a long time ago. For the most part it's just about educating yourself on all of the weapons and mechanics in the game and their strengths/weaknesses, and learning about timing and spacing. Invasions are what you do after you've honor dueled for a few hundred hours and it becomes boring because you just smash most people, and mostly involve using some form of hornet parry one-shot, miracle buff wombo combo, poise hyper armor, using the level/mobs, or some combination of these.

hosts of the second type are just unskilled enough that they have a severely incorrect perspective on who's at advantage in that situation. they won't leave the bonfire because they feel like it's impossible to kill an invader when you're also fighting enemies, even though everyone else knows that if you have two/three phantoms and proceed carefully you can absolutely clear out a level while fending off an invader or two.

Honestly I feel like you shouldn't even feel ashamed at BCing out of the setup ganks. And I don't mean the:
>I invaded a host who happened to have a phantom or two summoned, gank GANK WAAAAAH!
I mean the ones where the level has been completely cleared of enemies and the host and his 2 or 3 geared up friends are sitting at the bonfire continually resummoning whenever one of them happens to die. Sure it can be fun to play the odds every so often, but if the people are any sort of good you'll get, as you put it, put through the grinder.

I just make them burn some estus and then BC out.

if there's only two phantoms i always just go hide somewhere, set down my controller and do something else. i think the most fitting punishment for gankers is boredom.

>furry pedophile
What?

What are the most remarkable NPCs in the series?
NPCs you would recognize by their gauntlets?
I would say Solaire, Kirk, Siegmeyer/ward, Creighton.
Leonhard or Heysel?

This, especially with the White Branch in Farron Keep. They'll never find you.

I would just run into the level and sit by the boss fog when I ran into real gankers. That way they could never use the bonfire and I would take up an invader slot. Eventually, other phantoms would force them to use up all their estus, and they would have to try to progress or pull the plug to replenish their estus.

I ganked once in DaS3. I was trying to help some friends progress through the Cathedral, and we were getting instant non-stop invasions. We basically started ganking in frustration.

All the doors except the front one were closed. I had the host stand by the bonfire while the phantoms all huddled around the bonfire.

The invaders would think the invaded an AFK host and rush him. At that point, me, another, phantom and the host would swarm him. They would always turn to try to run back into the safety of enemies, only to spot a 3rd phantom standing in the doorway doing nothing but blocking with a great shield.

There should be a ring or something that allows reds to not be able to hit each other. Part of the problem when taking on gankfags is the phantoms can just swing at will. Reds have to be extra careful.

That's basically what I do tbqh. If I'm in the mood I'll terrorize them with obscuring ring and MW greatbow with an offhand simple caestus for infinite rocket launching fun. If the level is legit cleared out then if they actually start trying to run at me in that situation I just run away, then if they go back to the bonfire I go back and shoot them a couple more times. It's nice because they don't get to play the game while I'm there but also they can't go AFK because of my explosions.

If they keep going back to resummon but they keep actually progressing through the waves of mobs I'm cool with it though. I have certain alternate win conditions in my mind generally, like killing a certain number of phantoms counts as a win or using all of my estus and then surviving to crystal out counts as a win, but as long as they keep trying to progress then if I can drag them through every mob in the level and make it take that much longer but they finally make it to the boss fog anyways, I count that as a win.

Alternatively I've had newbie host kills or reverse gank easy shit where I get the ember or dregs or whatever but I don't really consider it a "win" per-say. The super easy lame shit. I've stopped doing post-pontiff for mid level invasions because I run into that shit too often unfortunately, central irithyll is way better, so many blue babbies. Don't even need friends to gank anymore, just throw on way of the baby and boom, instant gank squad that resummons itself over and over.

This should've been a functionality of Sunbro invasions. If you're going to give them a different invader color, might as well let them be allied with each other.

While we're on the subject: what is the best SL and WL to invade farron keep at? I've spent so much time in the usual places but honestly have never invaded the swamp ever, I'm kinda interested in trying. One of the few places I've never invaded, mostly because the poison and slow moving areas are annoying as fuck, but I figure if I just carry a 99 stack of purple moss on me it would probably be fine.

Is it like, a SL35 +4 kind of place or a SL55 +6 kind of place?

I get pretty constant activity at sl20 +2 but I haven't really tried it with others. Ages ago before they changed the range on stuff, I would get action at sl32 +4 but thats probably way too high now.

I need a good place to farm out a shit ton of titanite chunks in dark souls 3 i have all areas available to me, any ideas?

At SL25+2 I got fairly regular bluecop summons into Crux Woods, and at the same range I could grapist invade into Crux Woods and Cathedral with high reliability.

I imagine that you'll want to be around SL30+3 for invading into the poison swamp itself, just so you don't have a crippling level disadvantage because of the 20 level upsearch.

Really? I used to invade crux woods all the time with my SL35 +4, been doing 55 for so long now so it's been a while (strikes a good balance between comfy and challening, I feel), but still. Either sounds like a low level invasion area so I guess I'll go with that.

Why do people get upset about the end of the dlc not having closure when the end of the series was already done with the end of the main game?

Because it was badly handled. I like the DLC but I'm not going to suck it off and pretend it was done well.

All the buildup to the mythical Dark Soul, and we get a demonic Santa Claus with a bad attitude with the Pygmies more or less nowhere in sight

What infusion do I do for the corvian greatknife? This thing is so fucking fun to use, I am currently doing it in a quality build but the refined infusion looks a bit weak. I guess I could run naked with a flynn ring or something and give it a raw infusion and then give myself max int and buff it?

I didn't have a problem with the fight itself, I had a problem with you chucking the blood at the painter and her going lol thanks.

because it didn't feel like it's own story, gael wasn't built up enough

What's wrong with Santa?

That was the bigger issue, yes. I really felt like Gael should have had a larger presence besides playing hide-and-seek with messages in the Dreg Heap, he felt like a Literally Who coming out of nowhere.
Apparently he's classified as Hollow later in his fight, any idea why? Is it because of the Dark Soul?
I don't have a problem with Santa, I have a problem with fighting him

I know that feel, I wanted to kiss her or at least get a pygmie footjob.

InfernoPlus. He will show you how to bait with shields and WA in das3 properly. He do not use meta weapon or tryhard builds so it will be constant source of inspiration if you are not SL140 duel fag.

Because they gave a shit about the lore even after the shitfest of lore from souls 2 existed. Honestly it baffles me as well

Footfags get out

th-thats a lot of souls

CGK is a raw weapon. Put bundles on it or at higher levels you can lube it up with DMB or lightning blade.

I want to pick this game up again (DS3) and actually beat it and see the DLC.

I'm level 31 and last beat Abyss Watchers. Stats are 20 vig, 10 att, 13 end, 15 vit, 16 str, 20 dex, and low casting stats.

I hear there is some fun shit in the game since the expansions.

Can anyone suggest a nice middle of the road way I can go with this? I think dex heavy quality is what I want but does that open fin dlc shit for me?

Tldr; help me have a vision for the future of my build relating to the dlc and weapon possibilities. I hear something called the frayed blade is awesome, is that something I can't get for a long time?

Pump dex up to 80 and sharp infuse. Frayed blade is near the end of the last dlc so don't expect it anytime soon.

yeah that's what i figured, the raw damage isn't much worse than the AR from refined with 40/40

safest way to "level" without worrying you'll fuck yourself over is to aim for something like 30vig 30 end 20str and 20 dex

even with 20/20 in dex/str you can do a lot of damage with a larger variety of weapons.

Frayed blade is at the end of the second DLC. If you want a good Sharp weapon to get early on, the Astora GS is pretty great.

On the other hand if you don't mind the reach you could use a sharp dagger instead.

>implying that you wouldn't

is sharp really much better than refined on the greatknife? right now im just fuckin around with it and doing a corthus fire enchant + refined + flynn ring and it's pretty funny at stunlocking

none of them
literally just learn yourself you fuckwit

Is Level 20 too high for High Wall invasions?
I am Sl 14 but want Yurias Stuff

No, I wouldn't.
Footfags are worse than Lucy

TIS GOOD

Is the Demon's Fist any fun to use? And it shines the best on a Strength build, right?

user, are you sure? Lucy is pretty bad.

you'll need 5 levels so SL 19 is cutting it close
just keep everything at +0 or +1

Yes, I'm sure.
Only thing worse is scatfags.

alright you're obviously delirious

Is a Heavy Bandit Knife or a Heavy Thrall Axe a better Quickstep option for STR?

Really fun in PVE

No, sharp on a dagger. Like a literal dagger. You even get quickstep which is quite nice.

Ignore all the ones with tech/ravioli rolling

oooooh okay, yeah i've fucked around with quick step builds, but mostly with the twin daggers. It's pretty fun but I am mostly enjoying the reach, also it's really dumb how many people i've gotten with the weapon skill of the cgk like they hold up their shield thinking "okay now he's just gonna bounce"

Holy fucking shit is there anything more cancerous than invading a solo host with a straight sword and shield who just wants to duel you (with healing of course) and won't progress through the level?

Like holy fucking shit man, I invade because duels are boring as fuck, but you're like "hey let's have duels AND I CAN ALSO CHUG 15 TIMES HAHAHA" like ffs summon 10 guys i don't fucking care as long as you'll actually progress through the level instead of dealing with this faggot who just backs up with his shield raised for an hour. I just want to fucking shoot myself.

>footfags
>being worse than lucy
Necrophiliacs are still better than Lucy. You're just being straight up delusional.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking Longsword is the best PvE weapon. It's fucking Bandit's Knife.

i have an idea. dark souls needs that mechanic that's in those games like H1Z1, you know where they have the poison fog that keeps pushing you further and further into the map over time and keeps you moving?

souls needs that. just some deadly fog that slowly keeps encroaching so you can't just hang out at the bonfire forever, something that forces hosts/ganks to actually progress through the level or the level will kill them by default. miyazaki pls

:^)

most of the "bigger" knives are ridiculous in pve, you can stunlock just about every enemy and your dps on a boss is crazy. It turned the nameless king fight into a bit of a joke compared to the last time when i fought it with my WKGS

CGK is pretty great against turtles, yeah. I always carry one with my dagger builds.