/fhg/ - For Honor General

"Why Are People Surprised The Guy Named Roman Isn't Nerfing The Roman Character" Edition

Dead from a single GB: >Updated Season 2 Info: Character and Map details
pastebin.com/4qcpMRZK

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

repeat after me fhg

ROMA

INVICTA

I want valk to crush me with her thighs while Nobushi watches

I want Femnobi.

That's all, I want her.

do you not remember that it took several months for the wolf engraving to not be called lion 2

New revenge buffs!

UNSUSPEND ME YOU CANADIAN FUCKS!
I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!
Who thought it was a good idea to put a report button in a game that generates enough salt to make the dead sea look like a pure spring?

>haha cent wont get nerfed they gotta sell those passes haha

Are there even enough players on PC to fill a tournament tree. I literally cannot play anything that isn't dominion or duel.

Stop education shaming them, they're programmers not zoologists.

When did they say the Cent cc nerf is dropping? 2 weeks from now or season 3?

That's because Dom is the only mode worth playing and Duel is only there as a containment mode.

why the FUCK can you be kicked for inactivity from a PAUSED PvAI game

Dom will be fine I guess. A salty shitshow with randoms though.

maybe
since there is new content we might spike up to 2k players again
how does it feel that Battleborn has nearly as many players now as For Honor

So, why doesn't he play something else?

Will Lawman stand a chance in competitive?

Probably. I mean he's got really good punishers, provided your opponent isn't a mighty tortoise and screws things up, and you can react well I'd say lawbringer still stands a shot.

makes me feel like kyssing myself

this man got rep 30 for roach and kept playing, for weeks. he's a maniac.

>Dueling some guy
>He's playing Cent
>I win the first round fucking easily
>He says nothing
>Second round I am winning super hard
>Suddenly he fucking ledges me
>Alright, could have been an accident
>Third round, he fucking does it again
>Says ":)" in chat
>Alright, so he's a cunt
>Last round
>He fucking activates revenge and kills me
>Call him out on being a cunt
>"lmao just using game mechanics bro xD"
>Rematch him
>Destroy him
>Bend him over my knee and absolutely spank him without any mercy
>He quits

You know why you don't ledge people in duels? Not because of "MUH HONOR" or some shit like that, but because it's fucking boring. When ledging becomes an accepted tactic in a 1v1, the whole match devolves into both players just jerking off and waiting for an opportunity to ledge.

He doesn't play anything but Orochi? No wonder he's frustrated.

Imagine the hand stands and flexibility of her.....unf

Sounds like you got outplayed

>Muh skill
>Muh it's boriiiing
>Being this scrub
Playing fundamentals is meta unless you're a shitter and only play for lulz.

This is why I never duel. Duel makes presumably otherwise normal gamers tilt and sperg out into the most rabid meme queens I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

This is why I love duels, love ledging people and watching them cry about honor.

Considering I won easily when he didn't ledge me, and also won two rounds where he activated revenge, I think I did the outplaying ultimately.

Are you going to pretend like people just fishing for ledges isn't fucking boring? It's not about "honor" or some stupid concept, it's about making the game actually fucking enjoyable. It makes the turtle meta even more turtle-based because you can instantly kill someone off a single parry. You aren't allowed to simultaneously dislike the turtle meta and also vouch for fucking ledging.

>Are you going to pretend like people just fishing for ledges isn't fucking boring?
Nah it is if you do it all the time, I just do it when I'm frustrated with Dominion. I used to like Dom but not anymore.

Fishing for ledges isn't so bad in a 4v4 mode because you can always just run away and find someone else to fight because that Warlord refuses to move from his camping spot. In 1v1, you're forced to just sit there and watch as they stare you down, and there's nothing you can do about it because if you actively try attack them they will just kill you in a single hit.

I guess what i'm saying is that you can call it boring all you want, but it's very realistic strategy considering how the game currently works. You could sit there and claim that any strategy is boring if it doesn't agree with you.

Environmental kills are core to the game.

If you want to play an enjoyable game, and consider a well-formed combat system and wealth of strategic options to be things that are part of that enjoyable game, sounds like you've got the wrong game ecksdee

Ledging in duels IS boring, and actively detracts from the game. It's not like it's some difficult, ancient technique that only the three Lords of Darkness ever mastered and used to subjugate all of mankind: it's as simple as pressing one button twice. Having ledging be taboo in duels is a good thing, because it prevents everyone from descending into a retarded mutually assured destruction scenario where both players just sit on opposite sides of the map waiting for the other to get bored and open themselves up to a ledge opportunity.

What I would like is more environmental damage/interactions in duels. Stuff like being able to throw your opponent into a stack of boxes to stun them and drain stamina, or more stuff like the fires. The environment being used to mix things up and secure extra damage is fun, having it be the absolute most powerful strategy that encourages essentially being AFK isn't.

Could a kind user give me a quick rundown on the update that just hit console?

do the ornaments you get from winning tourneys carry over?

Release Note – V1.08.02

Centurion

Jab and Charged Jab area of effect updated.
Developer comments: Centurion’s Jabs will now be less efficient at tracking enemies dodging backwards. Overall, this should make Jabs easier to dodge.

[Bug Fix] Heavy Attack is no longer guaranteed after a left Throw.
Developer comments: Centurion’s left Throw was cancellable sooner into Heavy Attack than other directional Throws. This was an unintended bug causing Heavy Attack to be guaranteed out of left Throw only.

[Bug Fix] Removed the ability to Quick Throw out of Guard Mode.
Developer comments: By unlocking during the Quick Throw startup, it was very easy to confuse the opponent into a Counter Guard Break and then punish with a Heavy Attack. This unlock tech wasn’t intended so we’ve removed it.

[Bug Fix] Removed the ability to switch target on Parry Counter startup.
[Bug Fix] Parry Counter startup now removes Shugoki’s Passive Uninterruptible Stance before the hit.
Developer comments: Specific Parry follow up attacks are meant to hit the parried target, which is why we’re removing Centurion’s ability to switch target during Parry Counter. The Shugoki fix addresses a readability issue. By visualizing the removal of the Uninterruptible Stance before the hit, we hope Shugokis have a better understanding of what happens when they get counter parried by Centurions.

Phalanx duration reduced to 10 seconds (from 45).
Developer comments: Phalanx was too strong even for a level 4 feat. The duration of the effect made it a tactical no brainer. With a 45 second duration, Centurion could pretty much activate Phalanx at any time, it would always be useful for at least one player on the team. By reducing the duration to 10 seconds we want Centurion to really think twice about when to use Phalanx in order not to waste it.

nothing carries over from PTR, its a separate instance/server

Reality Check: DUEL IS BORING

Basically why Dom and Skirm are objectively superior game modes: There's a sense of urgency since standing still like an idiot is actually dangerous/disadvantageous. It REALLY helps flow when circumstance encourages players to move more and be aggressive.

Furthermore, ranked duel mode is such a joke it's insulting of them to be attempting it at this point. Even disregarding Redditfags and their incessant bitching, the majority of the FH community is well aware that the game simply isn't balanced/complex enough to be taken seriously competitively.

>tfw warlord still hasn't been balanced.
>tfw no one is surprised because ubisoft failed them

its already filled to the brim with warlords trying to get easy free shit via cheesing

If the game had more players and better matchmaking I would find 4v4 modes more enjoyable. As is, it's stressful and frustrating to go against a four player premade of Rep 10 guys with 144 GearScore while your team has you and 3 random guys who haven't even got a single hero to Rep 1.

I will say Dominion is the best mode in the game, though. Actively encouraging players to engage each other and fight instead of turtling makes For Honor a lot better.

See this shit?
It's just like tryhards pretending Super Smash is a fighting game.

>Final D
>No items
>Best 2/3 characters 4evar
>This is legit competitive now since enough people pretend it is.

Oh no! You've awoken the autists of smash! They'll come for you, for daring to say their precious party/family game is not a legit fighter!!!

>Basically why Dom and Skirm are objectively superior game modes:
I find these really boring but it's a good thing they aren't the only game mode.

They still can be, like any game can be. I still think they're a lot more entertaining that fucking duels though. Brawl is still really fun if you don't have honorfags bitching at you (EDIT: still fun with honorfags bitching at you).

Maybe I'd like to see some more game modes with looming non-player forces that encourage action. Maybe an objective mode where you protect an NPC, or a mode that moves teams through areas in some kind of progression toward the end of a match.

>Maybe an objective mode where you protect an NP
Protect the ram maybe.

>playing dom just now
>enemy team has a warlord just pouring on the salt because we beat them last match
>make them break again
>kill warlord immediately
>teammates off doing who knows what
>enemy warden strolls up
>proceed to kill him using nothing but shield bash
>gb and throw him to the ground out of stamina
>shield bash some more

Its so fun killing people using nothing but shield bash. Its probably one of the only reasons I still play.

What's the fucking deal with cent?
>parries once
5-8 links gone

His light parries deal 60 damage if you know what you are doing, making his guaranteed punishes some of the strongest in the game. However, he has literally no way to open his opponent up without putting himself at enormous risk.

Oh it's sooo satisfying :D I also like Conq a lot. Sometimes I throw people into a wall, and just do instant heavy shield bash from full block until i'm out of stam or they die. People who don't know how to time the dodge just stand there and eat them.

Actually works as a combo if you throw to wall, heavy sb, heavy att.

Why do you people still give this game attention?

Why live under Ubisoft's shitty roof?

>autists of smash
Honestly, it's almost as bad when people try to treat FH like it's a legit fighter. Granted, most of these sorry losers are people who ACTUALLY poured time into Dark Souls pvp and thought it was "dank."

which class would you consider non-bs?

Kensei, Zerker, and Warden. Kensei and Berzerker are pure skill and mindgames with no outstanding exploits or crutches.

does anyone has a webm of that?

It's as simple as parrying a light, moving your guard to the opposite direction and holding heavy. It's guaranteed.

Kensei, Zerker and maybe Valk though I think the guard swap sweep bug is still in the game.

im still not good enough for light parries
how do i get good at that?
just either read or mad reactive skills??

the guard sweep bug only really affected slow guard change characters, but that's normalized now

On PC? Practice and get good at reacting as well as reading your opponents.

On consoles? Use ancient magicks to look into the future.

kensei, zerker, lawman, conq, roach

>Lawman
>Non-bullshit

I like him and all but the shove on block is nonsense.

Why do people believe in higher powers, why do they vote or waste money on video games in the first place user. Why do people cosplay? It all comes down to personal pleasure.
Now please bait another general pessimistic user, you've done it here 3 times already

it really aint, literally just dodge it

>Go for a dodge
>Get guard broken into a heavy
>Heavy confirms another shove
>Repeat

>Dodge on reaction to the indicator
>It's actually a heavy
>Heavy lands
>Heavy confirms another shove
>Repeat

Law isn't as bad as other characters, but making the shove guaranteed on block was a fucking mistake. Why go for parries when you can just block?

>Revenge buffs
I wish.

people who use the longest execution in duels should be killed in the same fashion

>Executing in duels

Does the Slip Through feat work in deflects?

I've trained myself to hold them in the executable state for as long as possible before it kicks you out.

Then I perform the longest execution my character has.

Nah, my shinobi Lawman executes are great. I'll think I'll keep using them.

Time to buy the longest executions for duels

Would higher chip damage help against the turtle meta?

it would at least give an incentivise to parry a heavy feint, so it's a start.

They could fix it by giving you 10 blocks/parries per week.

I still enjoy most matches I play.
Right now the only real problem I got is Cent being bullshit in a agank and not fun to fight in 1v1.

To fix the turtle meta, you remove all of the attack and block indicators, give everyone reflex guard, and ultimately remove peacekeeper and shinobi from the entire game
Increase health pools across the board, or keep them the same for much faster paced matches
Give some incentive to being aggressive, make parries harder, revert GBs to where you had to actually time them instead of mashing out, make parries harder
Give characters a wider array of moves and make it so only certain moves can be feinted/held/cancelled into other moves
Your guard directions are now separate stances, each with different moves based on them, and can only be held for a few seconds thanks to reflex guard, your neutral stance also has its own moves
Speed up attacks and, if not already removed entirely, keep PK and Shinobi's speeds the same, as they're already quick within some margin

None of these are good suggestions, and there is no way to remove the turtle meta without making fundamental changes to the game itself and ultimately redesigning the game to make it Soulcalibur
Though I think that the separate guard stances having their own moveset could be interesting. Perhaps one of them leads to Warden using his sword for some mordhau action, or the Centurion using nothing but his fists, or the Lawbringer using the defferent implements on the poleaxe depending on which stance, or Orochi using different style of combat for his 1 gorillion times folded steel katana that I'm sure some weeb could point out, a wahlahd stance where he fights primarily with his shield and DOESN'T use it for ledging

I just feel like the current heroes are severely limited in what they can do, which leads to a very flowchart-y style of play, ultimately leading to the turtle meta

Imagine the shitstorm if they did this and then let you buy additional parries from the in game store.

Or you know....
Don't treat it like a fighter......

>or the Lawbringer using the defferent implements on the poleaxe depending on which stance
This is already a thing. The reason his top heavies stun is because he rotates the poleaxe to use the hammer side, and his top lights use the butt.

What would you treat this game as then, because right now it's this shitty hybrid fighting/action game that takes the worst of both in a neat idea and ruins it
o' wise one, tell me how you would fix the turtle meta and point out where any of those suggestions were said to be good ones, at least that guy is throwing ideas around that'd be interesting instead of "change this attack to be 100ms faster"

I mean, if they did put in a system like that, they would definitely let you buy more for Steel.

It would make trying to save up Steel for the DLC heroes even more daunting and convince more people to buy the season pass. And people would be constantly draining their Steel, which would drive them to buy more Steel packs.

>revert GBs to where you had to actually time them instead of mashing out
I would be okay with this only if they standardize GB speeds.
Nothing felt more retarded than hitting GB first and then getting untechable'd because your opponent used his after yours, but his was faster.

I'm aware of that, I just think it would be better than having only a few attacks dedicated to those things, top stance would no longer only hit from top, but would use the butt of the poleaxe for quicker strikes, and probably one of the side stances or a completely new guard direction like top left or something would use the hammer side
The /versatility/ in LB would come out when you chain those stances together and use the weapon to its full potential

But Ubi is leaving this game to die, so all I can do is fantasize

>/v/ hates Ubisoft when most of them don't even know why

>playing PTS
>Conq
>other Conq
>match is just bash dodge bash smash cancel into full block smash over and over

He said it already, the games design is flawed from the fucking start and would need to be erased and done again. Honestly the guys pitch for the idea came off as a fun slasher with a few ideas of different moves. What we have now is just that....an idea taken down to a slasher played best with friends. For honor is doomed from the fucking start and the sooner most of you start building fucking time machines to go back and plead with the idea mother fucker to change the game to an exact way this game ain't gonna be a balanced fighting game..

Scott Jund quit bros, why are you still here? Pack up your things and go, it's over.

Because everyone still wants a historical slasher, with good animation and nice aesthetics. Honestly a tourney in this games current balance is a joke.

>Face-off screen changes will show your skill compared to your team mates and opponents. It will also display the overall reputation level of players, instead of the hero reputation only.
>It will also display the overall reputation level of players
Oh fuck me. "Hahah no life" comments incoming.

Literally who? Why should I care about random Twitchfags?

Good for Honor needs to lose comp fags

Is he the rep 30 orochi?

>Giving a shit about what internet nobodies say

I never cared who the fuck that scott faggot was, and I sure as shit still don't

ScootJund is a man who played nothing but Orochi for 30 reps, despite knowing all of the flaws of Orochi at like rep 5, and before that tried to take Dark Souls 3 pvp seriously, even going so far as to host tournaments.

I don't think his opinion should sway anybody, the man is clearly deranged.

How the fuck do you make centurion fun to fight AGAINST?
It's not that he's bullshit, he's piss easy, but if you fuck up ONCE your screen go blank for 30 seconds while he drain your stamina, and you can just jack off until he's done.
WHo the fuck thought this character was a good idea god damn
And god forbid you don't want to fight 1v1 all day errydays, because that fuck ruined any team based gamemode