SVO Shitstangs

So I've been looking for a foxbody and can't decide whether to go with the usual GT or take the time to wait and find an SVO. I'm mostly worried about handling over actual speed so the 4-cylinder turbo doesn't bug me. Convince me to buy an SVO or a GT.

Other urls found in this thread:

clubs.hemmings.com/svooa/obsolete.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eXQqF5QrcG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any questions?

Checked, does the SVO have any shit I need to worry about when buying used?

>does the SVO have any shit I need to worry about when buying used?

yes, but that depends on how stock you want to keep it, for instance i can't find front headlights and side marker lights for my SVO without them being around 300 dollars each. following that well they do make reproduction parts not all reproduction parts will work on every SVO, you need to decide if your going for a 84-85 or an 86 because the power plants have some differences along with the 84-85 only making 175 hp stock well the 85.5 and 86 make 205 and 200 hp respectively.
here op have some reading material.

>clubs.hemmings.com/svooa/obsolete.html
this is all the obsolete parts you will have trouble finding and the rest of the site has more information on anything else you may want to know.

any other questions? I've owned 2 SVO's and have some general knowledge.

> and its affordable
>16000 dollarydoos in 1986

also
youtube.com/watch?v=eXQqF5QrcG8

well its still a Foxbody so its going to handle absolutely awful without thousands invested.

SVOs arent some amazing corner carvers and have awful bouncy suspension that belongs on a Lincoln instead of a sports car

the wet noodle chassis was bad new, i cant imagine 30 years later it got stiffer.

sports cars must've been really shit back then if a 4pot stang and a Ferrari were even in the same sentence fucking quints of my favorite number. looks like i owe you a good fisting.

yeah and for the price youre better off just getting a GT since they are much more common and cheaper and working from there

magazines can easily be biased

Road and Track used a pre production model anyway

the damn car ran high 16s when stock and in a comparison by Car and Driver the only car the SVO was favored over was a Fiero

even a fwd Daytona came in at a higher rank on a handling test

theyre not good at all

>SVO's aren't some amazing corner carver
fair, a mustang really isn't that good in a corner, but the SVO's were the best of the mustangs in that reguard
>bouncy suspension
>svos
>bouncy
how does it feel to be totally wrong, koni shocks are some of the stifist shocks you can get.

but worst of all
>tripfagging

I guess when youve never been in one you can say what you think its like huh user

SVOs are garbo and all early 80s Mustang were complete shit anyway

they were a good attempt in a time when good was shit

>never been in one
no, i've owned 2 in my life and can tell you the suspension is stiff as hell, it's actually one of the problems with the svo.
how about you? have you every driven one?
>SVOs are garbo
no, they are pretty decent for the year they came out.
>they were a good attempt in a time when good was shit
which is why cars made by fords SVO team were winning profomance compatitions

apparently your SVOs were some magical suspension having models then

even magazines shit talked the SVO when they werent being paid off by Ford

Honestly at their age the handling is best done by your own mods. A torque arm conversion plus panhard bar and a front k member + control arm replacement, subframe connectors, brake upgrade, and coilover conversion would get you a much better car than a nice-condition stock svo.

go away pajeet

okay, so you've driven one then?
no, just read about it in a magazine?
they don't have the best suspension every but again, konis gas adjustable all around and quad shock make for some pretty good handling.
why are you tripfagging for no reason

Just buy a 87/88 Turbo Coupe instead.

this, there good if you can find them and the power plant is the same as that of an svo/merkur xrti4

I have

youve just never been in an even half way decent car or you never pushed the SVO at all

theyre awful

why are you trying to shitpost and go off topic when pushed against the ropes

>they're awful
no they are pretty alright for an 80's turbo car, but that's what you seem to want to ignore, the power plant made good horsepower for an i4.
>you've never pushed the SVO at all.
taken it the track for track days every now and then, the suspension could be better but it's not shit like you say it is.

so lets here your experience with the SVO, and maybe lay off the Reddit spacing

i suggest a GT you will want to mod it and a v8 gives you more room to play around.

its worse than pretty much all the turbo Dodges tho
then you bring in foreign cars and it gets btfod again

its power leaves a shit ton to be desired

I drove it on the road with real driving and not some track safe space and its in the top 5 of shitty cars Ive tossed around along side a 1993 Mustang LX a 2003 Impala SS a 1994 Lumina and an 80s Buick

and of course you wanna keep on shitposting

right then you've never driven one and i'm glad you can admit that while pretending you have.

thats my line bub

>imblying you don't shitpost in every thread
why haven't you been banned yet

Get the GT, the cars themselves are more readily available, parts are more readily available, and the suspension work you'd have to do to the SVO after thirty years of abuse, well, you may as well put that effort into a GT and get the same results.

I've never owned an SVO, but I had a 87 TC. Was a really fun car, paid $1500 for it, rust free, one owner, 87k miles, paint was shot but otherwise a solid car. Only mods were a HAI and a manual boost controller. It handled pretty damn good for a pigfat fox, loved watching the firm ride LED glowing away. Had it up to 130mph racing a newer subbie once, he walked me, but still lots of fun, car felt solid as a rock even at those speeds. I'd have no problem buying another one.

because I dont shitpost

I just dont share the stupid fucking echo chamber opinion that Veeky Forums has on everything

sounds real nice, i never liked the fronts hoods on the turbo Thunderbird but they have really solid powerplants

*majority of board agrees on topic* WTF how fucking DARE they see something that they think is good, and SUPPORT IT. Little bastards, I'll show them!!