/fg/ - Falcom General #8

Quick thread edition

Previous Thread: →

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DualShockers/status/880532605648551936
dualshockers.com/tokyo-xanadu-review-playstation-vita-new/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for cute shrimps.

Calvard when?

>that Reddit spacing

Who's ready for Zwei II? Just another fast-paced, silly and fun Falcom ARPG from their PC days, plus battle pets, a chain-smoking nun (and cowgirl), and Norio Wakamoto as a luchador.

Did they actually get together at the end of Ao?

Zero/Ao never ever

twitter.com/DualShockers/status/880532605648551936

I don't even care if there is an EVO version, I just want it translated.

More standard wish-washy statements
>That’s something that I really really want to do, and it’s something that I’ll have to work with our partners or find a partner to make it happen.
>As you mentioned, those titles are only on the Vita and we kind of know what’s going on with the Vita right now. So now it turns into who can get those done and ported in time. That said, obviously my dream and my desire is for everyone to play these games, so I’m constantly thinking of a way to make that a possibility. As you know some of our older titles have been coming to Steam, so perhaps in the future that might be one option for us to pursue.

>Only on the Vita

Except that's wrong.

Second paragraph was about Evolution

Ah my bad, i figured he somehow forgot it's also on PSP and PC.

I'm still on Zero but I hope so.

>>That’s something that I really really want to do, and it’s something that I’ll have to work with our partners or find a partner to make it happen.
So this confirms that Xseed isn't secretly working on Crossbell like some people hope.

True. If they aren't even working on it now then even if they start it'd take like two years which is after CS3 would come out.

This one sounds pretty definitive.

>Absolutely, even compared to a few years ago, in terms of revenue, the foreign market has become incredibly large, way more than I’d ever expect. So it only stems from reason that going forward I believe our titles will release in the west.

>gets annoyed by Aksys picking the same font
How will she react when NISA announces the Crossbell localization?

Alcohol poisoning

Rixia is pretty damn useful in this fight against Mariabelle. She can't escape our girl's attacks no matter what she tries thanks to her awesome craft.

I mean she would already know.
NISA won't pick up those games though. Nobody fucking bought SC and 3rd. Normies only picked FC because it was cheap, but most people never beat the game.

Is that really complaining? Feels more like a "LOL what a coincidence", and making a joke about how she choose the font.

What assholes. The new games are better too.

I mean, the whole game is a literal palette swap of CS, so it was bound to happen.

This place just keeps on going.

If Falcom hired Wakamoto as part of the Kiseki series, barring the previous ones, who would he voice?

I Can't Believe My History Teacher is This Suspicious!

The proudest Divine Knight? Does Rocksmith have a voice in OG Ao?

What would sex with her be like?

Is sen script longer than zero?

They'll do it but it probably depends on how well CS1 and 2 are received and if they get someone to handle the ports for them too.

It feels like there is more to me.

>Immune to AT delay

Well now.

It wouldn't make sense for xseed to go back and start localizing older games when there is a brand new Kiseki game coming out in a few months. The most likely scenario is that Crosbell gets localized after CS3, or Falcom finds another company to localize Crossbell while xseed works on CS3.

Well that was pathetically easy with Randy's AT delay.

XSEED can handle multiple games at once. Last year they worked on CS 2 and 3rd at the same time and some others. This year they gave up so many localized titles that you have to wonder what they're busy with. Of course a bunch of the staff on those projects were contractors but they have the capacity for it

>benching the best pair

just beat Ao, I would have liked that they showed more about crossbell being occupied by the empire, and why are you guys so sure that they will break free of the empire?

I have most of them with best equipment, plus they are still there as support.

They've had their time. This is SSS's case.

The ending literally says that Crossbell gains independence later on.

well shit I played with the spreadsheet and what it says is And finally, an Imperial Army occupied Crossbell, and a two year season of dispair began.

Well fuck.

Zero final boss spoilers.

Ok just who is this fucker? Randy kept talking about how much of a disgusting guy he was, and he was never once in his post inside the gate, but he keeps being mentioned.

I assume i'll get to see him in Ao?

I literally just finished as well.

So that's it then. All 7 Trails games, done. Now the only thing left to do is wait for CS3.

Are people seriously fucking worried that NISA will snatch Cold Steel 3? They'd be retarded to take a game in the middle of a series. If you're worried about NISA be worried about the next arc. Just calm the fuck down about this one.

No one is saying that besides some autistic faggot who is upset that xseed doesn't include japanese voices and is concern trolling.

It's just people shitposting. NISA is not going to bother with Trails, too much work to bother.

They may keep Ys thought.

Speaking of Ys has it been mentioned why NISA had a sudden interest in the series? They certainly didn't care for all the other games.

So I have a genuine question, for some people is the lack of Japanese voices really that much of a deal-breaker? Like are they really that important of a thing to include. I have been reading people saying that they will literally not play the game because it does not include Japanese voices. What makes them such a necessary thing? Maybe it's because I don't mind dubs but are people really opposed to English?

They're just turbo-autists. Pay them no mind. The vast majority of the western audience doesn't use or even care about japanese voice at all because they prefer playing a game with voices in a language they can actually understand.

Those people tend to be the mega weebs who get personally offended when they hear the "shitty" dub. Some people were asshurt that Sky 1-3 didn't have the Japanese grunts. I think those people actually don't give a shit and are just using it as an excuse to pirate the game or skip it because they can't afford it.

It's literally one guy.

Oh for fucks sake the NISA shit poster is here?

Wait, so how the hell did Weissman develop evil eye? Apparently it's an effect of Gnosis too. Also freaking mind reading.

Sadly, yes. Also the Cold Steel hating shitposter. Might be the same guy.

it's me, I appear here sometimes but these threads are slow as fuck and I just prefer to ignore them.

Vagina dentata, activate!

Hard to say they gave up titles when they've only just finished a bunch of projects started way before some other good opportunities showed up. And it seems like NISA made a bid for Ys VIII which Falcom couldn't refuse.

the cold steel wars are pretty funny.

Wait never mind, he just used his memory reading to use Evil eye on them.

Man, replaying cs2 has created so many more questions. FUCK.

What are the divine knights, and why? What powers them? One specific Sept-terrion or something else?

Fucking WHY did vita set all that shit up just to get crow and rean to fight, what was the point of the internal castle, to decurse testa-rossa?

Why do the two gods look like space robots on the side of mountains and what time did they appear

So much complex shit for just one region

I guess he means in terms of pure raw power right? I mean, Weissman had the ultimate shield thing protecting him, if it wasn't for Loewe they would have been fucked.

It's not just one guy because there's also me. Mentioning NISA is a surefire way to get replies because most of you get triggered pretty quickly.

I personally think he is referring to the efficiency of the transformation

NISA will snatch Cold Steel 3, also rean sucks and cold steel is shit and crossbell is the best trails arc

Eh

Has it not occurred to anybody that Aksys might have an interest in Trails too? Shitposts or not NISA and Aksys both have precedence in being interested in Falcom IP.

Improved bait.

Aksys would be fine since the Cold Steel editor has worked with them.

Talk about boring bait.

Why the fuck is nisa interested in ys now? where the fuck where they for all the other fucking games?

Cashing in.

*steals your crit*

What the fuck was her problem? And why does she call Randy Nee-Chan? Is she his sister?

dualshockers.com/tokyo-xanadu-review-playstation-vita-new/
Ultimately, Tokyo Xanadu is one of the best games I’ve ever played on the Vita. It gave me a reason to spend more than 50 hours on the handheld and team up with a new group of characters to go on a brand new adventure. I applaud Falcom for releasing a new IP when they have so many others that people would love to see sequels of. However, Tokyo Xanadu’s story might not be up to par with what fans expect from the developer, it ends up being mediocre with a climax that you think is coming, but never quite fully explains itself.

I love Tokyo Xanadu for what is: a solid action RPG with a dramatic premise and an awesome cast of characters. The game impressed me with the responsive battle controls and beautiful special attacks. Even though the story didn’t amount to the standards Falcom has set in the past, Tokyo Xanadu truly shows what the PlayStation Vita is capable in terms of graphics and playability and I would happily play through the game again.

What was even Ouroboros's objective in Crossbell? It was pretty easy to understand in Liberl, they wanted to get the aureole. But, in Crossbell, Ouroboros was pretty much done with what they needed to do sometime during Ao, and the rest was about the Crois family's ambitions.

Resident shitposters going all out

I still don't understand this either.

They recreated the Sept-terrion of mirage and even somehow powered it up to govern space and time as well and they did fuck all with it

No one can answer that till we get the full details on the Phantasmal Plan. We can make some educated guesses based on the info we have but until Sen 3 drops and concludes the plan, we're still in the dark for most oft he plans.

That sounds quite a bit more optimistic than I've read in other reviews.

>She calls him poor guy

Renne what the hell, there's no point in feeling pity for this sack of shit.

Why is her entire title on her name?

>Shirley Orlando
I wonder, could they be related?

We may never know user.

Best robot parent.

He was a piece of shit, but he didn't have a hand in what happened to her at paradise.

How do you all think Fie would've ended up like if Zephyr didn't shield her from the more nasty things they did?

How is this woman still single?
Is it car autism?

Maybe her father is Randy's uncle?

Likely the same as Shirley which might be why Rutger,. Xeno and Leo ensured she was shielded.

Military and cop duties.

Holy shit those bazongas.

It's obviously a problem for her, she almost had an panic attack when she thought her sister would get a boyfriend before her.

Like this. They're obviously meant to parallel one another, even their ages are close.

I can safely say, i enjoyed Zero a whole lot. The characters were great, and the story set stuff up for the sequel.

I want high res art of Fie with her new thong.

The last dungeon is a bit too long and kinda kills the hype of everything before it, but its at the top of the list for Kiseki games.

So it wasn't just me. Goddamn that dungeon was LONG.

Feels like that in every Trails game.

FC's dungeon was long and boring (mostly because of the limited combat system)
SC's dungeon was long too

SC's dungeon was more than just a dungeon. It was like a town with a bunch of lore inside of it for you to find. Easily the best final dungeon of the series.