/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

gib.me/sam/
esterior.net/2017/06/trails-of-cold-steel-steam-page-open-game-to-be-released-in-july-2017/
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2057655
youtube.com/watch?v=7MIJ65Itxlo
youtube.com/watch?v=dDjFAWBwvyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please come back Boobsy the Bobcat.

>tfw you start a Greed Mode run as Eden and your starting items are IV bag and counterfeit penny

These chest messages in the final dungeon are starting to get to me with all the positiveness, cheering on and thanking.

Get rekt spiderfaggot I made the OP before you could

>Little Cat Feet
Wow that is actually the developers name. I thought someone was pulling a prank.
>all this shit

Oh no, that's horrible, someone spared me the hassle of doing it myself. How horrible.

Excuse the ugliness. It's been a while since I pulled out the tablet.

It's a BETA, they've already released a balance update. Pretty sure the devs are keeping an eye on the cards used and also playing with us. (those players with unique card backs) Make some decks and help balance it out. Send them an email with your concerns.

You didn't join the beta just to play a free game did you?

rabi ribi or

I fucking hate exploitables.

what unique/rarely used mechanic(s) would you like to see in an RPG?

Good writing and world building, speaking for jrpgs.

What kind of mechanic, and what kind of RPG are we talking about?

The ability to auto-win fights if you're strong enough instead of dragging you into the battle screen for just an early game enemy or something.

Dice rolls :^)

I love them.

Something like Undertale's way to avoid damage.

The only other rpgs I remember doing this were paper mario gcn with a badge and breath of death/chtulu after you fight enough random encounters in an area.

No idea why it didn't become standard practice.

I guess because a lot of RPGs rely on the waste of time as padding?

Yes ESPECIALLY JRPGS.

I think it's more because bogging down players late in the game with enemies that are significantly below their level is generally considered bad practice. If it's not a fight worth fighting, simply don't implement it.

You misunderstood, I asked why didn't auto-winning low-level fights become standard practice for RPGs

>Dropped Starbound years ago
>Literally miss only one thing from it
>The instrument playing mechanic
>Downloaded giant folder with thousands of barely-sorted midi files some weirdo collected, just in case I ever play something with similar music system again
>Whenever bored, go through chunks of files searching for funny or actually good renditions of tunes I know
>Actually enjoy this more than the fucking game when I was playing it
It's soothing, deleting the trash/corrupted files to find things like Girl From Ipanema in a shitty compressed form

I've bought Aviary Attorney during the sale cause it was pretty cheap and I wanted to see what a game inspired by the Ace Attorney series would be like.
I've completed the first case. I like how the point and click investigation sections and the cross-examinations have been streamlined. It made it simpler to understand what I was doing and what I was supposed to be doing, so it looks like it will be easier to follow the logic without having to make logical leaps over some dumb bust.
Fuck that goddamn cat. I'm mad.

WHEN THE HELL IS DUSK COMING OUT aaAAAAA FUCK

Forget that, give me Full Metal Furies.

>Shrieker steal event will now only happen after week 40 and will only happen once per campaign.
>Jester’s Finale Skill Redesign (and Related)
>Finale was too effective at one-shotting mobs without any real downside or lasting cost. Skill has been redesigned to preserve the intent as a powerful big mob finisher, which takes time and setup to achieve maximum power.
>Finale
>Battle limit of 1
>Finale cannot crit
>Finale accuracy increased greatly
>Dramatically reduced base damage.
>Finale leaves a 12 round DEF debuff, to represent exhaustion.
>Other jester moves (“Dirk Stab”, “Inspiring Tune”, “Battle Ballad”) give a 7 round +20% stackable damage buff to Finale.
>Solo
>Accuracy increased
>Battle Limit 2
>Gives a 7 round +50% stackable damage buff to Finale.
>NOTE: we want Finale to still feel awesome and vital, but it was wrecking the balance. We’ll be monitoring feedback on this redesign and will tune more if necessary to ensure it’s a valuable skill...but not toooooo valuable.
>Sped up several Cove Monsters Animations slightly (Now more they look more menacing!)
>Updated Man-at-Arms, Highwayman, and Vestals combat idle animations
>The Blood now stacks at 6
>Viscount and Crocodilian can no longer critically heal (See, we do nice things sometimes)

Oh I will buy this. Removed 2 other games from my list.

Shit, I meant to post this in the Dankest Dungeon general.

>give me Full Metal Furies.

Bubsy is back, Atari is back, when did everything go so right?

Cheeky bastard.

>>>/utg/

But what if you have to backtrack

Reminds me of the time I wasted lute playing in Mabi

>it's almost 4 AM but you're playing Armed Seven to get an achievement for a sticker pack on Steam

gib.me/sam/

Began working on more dialogue portraits.

>up right
Looks like she shut off.

esterior.net/2017/06/trails-of-cold-steel-steam-page-open-game-to-be-released-in-july-2017/

Oh yeah more trails
>school setting
OH HELL NO PLEASE

It's only just now coming to PC, CS is several years old at this point, has a sequel already, and is getting another sequel later this year apparently.

I know it does but playstations are the worst systems ever and this will have a lot of added content. I am happy I get to play more of this wondeful series on a system not made by literally hitler without tech knowledge.

> third one

"WRONG HOLE IDIOT!"

>on a system not made by literally hitler without tech knowledge

I've kept playing this run for 3 hours trying to spawn the Moving Box so I could do even more nonsense, but it wasn't meant to be. Here's what Eden's stats looked like by the end.

Any good mods for Stardew Valley?
Or any other good games similar to it?

At least in Earthbound, this only happens if you backtrack or power level. So this doesn't apply.

farmville

Main/sub job. We have some, but I think we could stand to have more.

Ability to hold off on levelling up. If I just want to test builds or farm items, I don't want to walk out overlevelled.

this is honestly what kept me away from the trails series for the longest time.

Goddamn.

Damn, I hope this game gets lots of lewd art when it comes out. Eva is semen demon.

Wow, I was not expecting Valhalla to lay shit on this thick. I had no idea what I was getting into and I was not prepared at all.

The bartender game?

Yeah

One of the few games I 100%, it was an interesting ride...

Told you it was good.

Is there any already?

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2057655

>that bunny girl

Oh, huh.

Card City Nights 2 changed how their board game worked. I guess it's for the best. I like how things work in the first game though...

>online multiplayer
neato

>page 10
Not so neato

hope your thread dies cucks

Please don't be rude in our comfy general. It will upset the Niko.

He's probably a regular of the thread. Inciting arguments actually proved a surprisingly effective tactic to keeping it bumped.

A regular of the thread who's been here longer than two weeks wouldn't bump with arguments, that's a recent thing

He realized that it works.

Ooh ho ho ho~!

Is Stardew Valley still being developed? Are they going to let you romance Robin like they claimed they might?

Finished these dialogue portraits!

Don't oujo laugh for no reason faggot.

Looking good.

is it a hentai game?

RIP in peach.

Nice coloring there.

_sfw

youtube.com/watch?v=7MIJ65Itxlo

This cheap indie game for switch feels like a mix of momodora and hld. The music is so nice.

A shame, he was decent.

I think currently multiplayer is added.

gay

Only if you are a girl with murder hips.

OOH HO HO HO~!!!!!!!

Fuck this and fuck playing Downwell without a controller. Mostly the latter though.

Huh I thought downwell on keyboard was max comfy

Really makes you bump...

dem lines

Stop it translater-kun. You are making me all teary before I even defeat the boss.
youtube.com/watch?v=dDjFAWBwvyI

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

I hate this. Bidding farewell after a long and emotive story.

Every end is just the beginning of a new and part of a much bigger story. This is especially true for trails.

I like when JRPGs make the save points a minor character. It's like they go on the journey with you.

Or they are an organization themself with huge plot like in Drunken Paladin.

>tfw the savepoint is a hidden super boss

>mfw want to play Subnautica
>but there's no landmark at all and I'm always scared of reaching the end of the map

Finally got this rare freaking drop. I got 8 of the normal ribbon and the + variant straight up doubles the stats except defence and movement.
I guess it could have been worse but it still took a good hour.

I don't play jRPG because I always want to put my dick in the female characters' butts.