Day Trading Motivation

How long did it take you to actually start making money day trading? Were you having high returns since day one? What are the most important things youve learned?

just be yourself

>He fell for the day trading meme.

Risk Managment !

the real money is learning to swing trade. This way you can trade and go to work.

True but sometime It doesnt work like that

To add to this, paper trading for a few weeks before risking your own money

Slow learner here.

11 years and I am more in the interday timespan.

3 years to get good

another 3 to get consistent.

>What are the most important things youve learned?
You need to learn how to lose money. Winning is easy. Everybody can do it. But it is the psychology of losing that get's people into deep shit.
And you will definitely lose money.
Luckily if you're poor the impact of losing 500€ can teach you the same or even more as if you have money and lose 50.000€.

Like all of life’s rich emotional experiences, the full flavor of losing important money cannot be conveyed by literature. You cannot convey to an inexperienced girl what it is truly like to be a wife and mother. There are certain things that cannot be adequately explained to a virgin by words or pictures.

neither does day trading.

Check out NMM swing it to $5-$7 it's starting its upward trend right now.

>>What are the most important things youve learned?
Don't think you're too smart or unique.
The stupid people you meet outside... they don't have money. They don't play the markets.
If you are new here you are the lowest of the low...

Learning about trading and markets is a process and almost everybody tends to have similar ideas in the first few years.
Like people think they can do news arbitrage or some shit.
Or extrapolate their 1% per daily gains into the future and think they will become rich... because they didn't account for fat tail events that will rip them to pieces because they have way too much risk exposure to get these gains.

Looks like it, have you got stocks for it ?

I bought AIG on the earnings miss

I'm up over 200 buckeroos. What should i do with my windfall?

I started day trading 6 months ago. I made 110k. One day I made a very very poor play and lost 25k. I realized that once your capital is parge enough you would rather buy large caps and trade options for leverage. Penny stocks are great when you play with 25k to 50k but the lesson I learned was to move excess capital to aafer investments. Also, learning to take a toss and continue to trade without getting tilted is a skill that will take a while to grab ahold of.

Right now look at BTC cause there is movment if you look at the trend its goong to go up... (dont take this as the good a head to buy, look for yourself)

wowo dunklefonkers

kys

How much capital did you start out with?

6-8 months of basically trading non stop with 60+hours a week
>pays off though if you have any skill at it and you spend the time to practice.

memecoin traders I honestly think you guys are going to be poorfags forever

You need to turn off your emotions. Trading needs to be either an art, or a job. If it's an art, take your time, screen your picks, do your TA do your DD, and bust that nut when you put in the time and it's a 100% certain trade. If you treat it like a job and do those same things at a high level your risk will still be down. Never be afraid to lose money unless you don't have it calculated to make back on a long or an upcoming trade.

It took me about 3 years to develop a consistent trading system, but I wasn't making much $ wise because I didn't have the capital so quit. I make about the same returns just putting money in VOO and don't have to deal with the stress and hassle.

I was sort of a lost trader, like 90% are. Changing my plan every 2 weeks trying different indicators and setups because some blog said so. But then I met a guy on a forum and added him on Facebook. He's been investing his own money for like 38 years and got into day trading futures about 11 years ago when he was diagnosed with brain cancer and couldn't work or do much of anything. He makes around $18K a month, but I never really asked what % of that is of his principal. Just some generic tips I've learned from him though.

Risk no more than 1% of your account per trade.

If that risk can't cover the swings of the market, then acquire more starting capital, or move to a smaller time scale.

Follow the trend. Don't try to time reversals. It's like trying to catch a falling knife.

Markets are constantly changing, and you have to adapt. You're constantly having to refresh your brain and your habits. What may work now won't work a week, month, or year from now. You have to constantly be looking for new patterns and trends. It's not as simple as a buy or sell "signal" on some magic indicator. For example in the crude market on volume chart, you could see the price action during the day mimic the price action that happened over night for a few months, and then it went away. Don't keep thinking it will come back. Move on and find the next thing.

fuck im going to vomit, and go all in on amd or something

thinking the same re: AMD my dude

sold my aig. made 350 bucks. im riiich

few weeks, though that was in a futures prop firm owned by an ex local, with a direct link to the exchange, utilising grey boxes, trading their money and being guided by experienced traders.

Regardless of that it didn't last more thna a few years as some of the more obvious edges got eroded by HFT players and so strategies had to change - longer time frames, higher variance and lower pnl... over a decade ago the top boys at London arcades would make 7 figures (a very small number even 8 figures) in a good year, a few ended up in the press... one of them was in the press recently too as the US authorities blamed him for the flash crash.

Some of those people are still trading, the vast majority of people - including people who'd have been earning say 200-500k aren't able to make a living from it any more.

hopefully that gives you a reasonable idea of how unfeasible it is - you're more likely to have a good run and believe you're profitable for a bit than actually become profitable and just know that if you were able to consistently make a low six figure amount these days that would require the sort of talent required for 7 figures about a decade ago... it really isn't likely to happen, out of the thousands of people who tried this game there were very few who got to that level