Where do apartment dwellers work on their vehicles?

just wondering as I need to change my oil and just moved into my first apartment.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_North_Korea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They don't. You turned in your independence card when you became apartmentalized, citizen. Now drink your soy.

This.

I bet you pay rent as well, you fucking cuck.

This.
Alternatively, if you ride a motorcycle you can work on it in your living room.

yeah I pay rent, because I have no alternative for the sweet ass job that I got.

I'm still independent in every way, the only soy I will drink is out of your sisters sweet pussy.

>Alternatively, if you ride a motorcycle you can work on it in your living room.

econobox car to save money.

Bikes are cheaper.

You're pretty much fucked OP. Buy a place with a garage next time. Oh wait, you probably can't afford it.

Ironic how people work on their own cars to save money or because they're poor, but only people who aren't poor can afford a house that allows them to work on their own shit. This is the absolute state of America.

yeah I drive in heavy traffic every day, I'm not riding a deathcycle as much as I would love to.

shits fucked from all sides bruh, demographic replacement, fed reserve etc

bump

In their garages, obviously.

>this is a yuropoor """"garage""""
TOP KEK

what/where is this?

The watermark says .lt, so I'm guessing Lithuania.

Good luck poorfag. Nice job throwing away money and not investing in propert

I just do it right out on the street.

>implying property value can only go up
>implying property isn't a burden on your mobility

ok bumpkin, next time I get a 100k job in the middle of nowhere I'll take your advice.

this

I cant do that, theres a security guy that comes around and hassles me if I put my car up on jacks

>I drive in heavy traffic every day
You mean one of the only areas a motorcycle excels? Get yourself a little 250cc that can go on the freeway then.

>security guy hassles me
Just be friends with him

That's a rare Dutch garage.
Fuck how do I wish to have one. I have to maintain my bike and car on the street.

>You mean one of the only areas a motorcycle excels? Get yourself a little 250cc that can go on the freeway then.

morons zipping between cars is the most common way of dying on a motorcycle around here, I pass a crash from one of those retards every other day. Every time it was because some retard in an econobox wasnt paying attention or didnt signal before he turned and bumped the bike rider just enough to go flying into a tree or what have you.

Enjoy dying on the side of the road because some chick didnt check her blindspot

tried an offering of donuts, didnt go well.

No, tell him to fuck off or you'll whup his ass.

I live in air force shacks which are basically just shitty apartments. There is a car club nearby where you can rent hoists to work on your car, but I don't like it because
>people are waiting on you
>you pay per hour
>others watching you work
It's a shitty environment to learn how to work on cars, so I just use it for oil and tire changes. Some people just do maintenance in the parking lot with their own tools.

Do it on the side of the road then. I live in a house but the other guy are usually in the driveway and for something so small as oil it's just easier to do it on the street.

Or find an empty lot somewhere. Or if you have like a Vatozone around or something like that they're OK with people doing work in the parking lot.

At my moms house

the auto hobby shop?

dude, the prices there are so fucking dirt cheap. how can you not appreciate that resource? It's like $3/hr for a flat, and $5/hr for a lift at Minot.

fuckin' this. the AHS is a bad ass perk for young servicemen. who gives a fuck if people are waiting. tell them to make a sign up sheet and book time in advance.

i own a super simple shitbox. pretty much nothing i can't do with just a pair of jackstands and basic harbor freight hand tools.

ask me how i know all the people complaining in this thread are not mexican.

Man, cucksheds these days keep getting bigger

go to one of these

>buy car cover for E350 long wheelbase
>build perimeter frame of van with pvc pipe
>put it over your Miata
>have mini garage that passerbys will think is just a parked van

In my driveway/garage.
Only been hassled once, while I was pulling the water pump. I called the rental office and told them how rude the manager who spoke to me was, and they actually apologized to me, lol.

My landlord is a bit of a car guy. Pretty good. He even hooked me up with a friend who wanted to buy some parts I was piling up to take to the dump.

One day I saw him and one of his workers with one of his vans propped up in a side street doing something or other to the rear end.

I work in one and i constantly work on my projects. Chief gets pissed at me because he insist i put off work or take away from the customers...

My daily "job" could be easily juggled by 1 person, and we've got 4 who just sit and watch tv. And on a busy week we may have 2 people come do oil changes.

Friends / family / anyone who owns property. Just ask to do it in their driveway and don't leave mess behind.

Alternatively, rent a storage unit to keep your car shit in and do it there.

>B-Baby???
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOON
THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOONE

H-HOLY SHIT.... Dean? Please tell me its just a tuneup....

Gotta keep Baby running good. You guys have a lot of work to do, bringing Cas back, saving your mom, keeping Jack under control. and protecting the world (again)..

Keep up the good work. Baby is lookin good.

Despite sounding like a massive neckbeard faggot, this user is correct.

Search around, and find an older landlord who forgets everything.

Work in your spot, and if you are lucky every time is the 1st time

This, enjoy your bugman life

If all ur doing is changing oil and basic stuff like that then just do it where you park it. Done work on my car and more extensive repair work on my friends car in thier apt. lot. Nobody complains. If they do complain its usually to mgmt and ur done before the time they contact u. Ur not the only person who will be doing basic car shit in the lot.

Walmart parking lot

For oil changes, no bullshit, I've done it a half dozen times.

>find walmart in semi-nice area, stay out of the ghetto.
>go late at night, pack your tools, jack if needed, a jackstand, gloves, drain pan, trash bag so you don't get oil on your trunk carpet, etc.
>park in a deserted section of the lot, off to the side, under a light.
>walk in, buy jug of Rotella T6 and Motorcraft filter.
>walk out with newly purchased goods and do work.
>dump used gloves, oil jug, trash in walmart trashcan, recycle oil at auto zone next time I'm there.

I've never been hassled by security, I've never made a mess, I'm usually done in under 15 minutes. I can do my truck much quicker because I don't need to jack it up to reach the plug or filter.

I rent a house with a dirt driveway and no garage, anything on top of the engine I do at home. Anything under the car more than an oil change (brakes, suspension, etc) I drive the 45 minutes to my parents house and suffer their bullshit.

Not gonna lie, it sucks, but you gotta do the best you can with what you have, It's a temporary situation and it keeps me hungry for something better.

I live in an apartment complex, but they're more like condos. We all have attached garages, and it seems like half my neighbors have bikes, or cars they work on.

One guy is building a Vega drag car in his garage, I've seen him welding in there. Another guy built an offroad Jeep, and I swear for a while it had no axles or motor in it. Neighbor across has a bike he had to replace the motor in, and the guy next to him is an engineer with like, 5 bikes in his garage, and a full fucking shop to work on them. Lifts, everything. Guy races too.

Basically, no one gives a fuck about the "no working on vehicles" thing.

Live in an apartment complex that offers individual garages? I pay an extra 100 burger bucks a month but at least I have place for my car and tools.
>inb4 paying for a garage
It's Seattle man, everything here has an extra charge stuck to it.

I have my own garage at my apartment though.

lucky bastarts

this
everyone else is just a reddit shitposter
there are plenty places you can go to work on your car/motorcycle
you can even rent a real garage for that

easy, my last apartment came with a two car garage

You change on the street you dork. It only takes a fucking hour.

Ii would use drive on ramps

>No, tell him to fuck off or you'll whup his ass.
Not that guy, but you better not threaten them in my area. The security guards here have recorders on for their safety. If you threaten them, you can expect legal charges and possibly arrest by the police.

>Walmart parking lot
>For oil changes, no bullshit, I've done it a half dozen times.
I've seen others do their oil changes in the walmart parking lot. They park far away so as not to take away good parking spaces for customers. Security drives by and doesn't hassle them as people are known to buy things in the store and then install them right away onto their cars such as wiper blades, antifreeze and coolant, etc. Just keep your walmart recripts with you and if the guard does stop, be sure to point out the walmart receipts that show you are a walmart customer and bought those items there to quickly put into your car and that you'll be promptly on your way when done without leaving a mess or trouble.

In my opinion, the biggest problem in walmart lots is getting mugged while working on your car.

>The character and her actress are the same person
Who thinks like this?

>You change on the street you dork. It only takes a fucking hour.
That can work, but in my city, you're not allowed to pollute public property. You have to do it on private property where the city ordinances don't prevent you from having a car service in the street.

The city ordinances were set up not just for pollution, but because entrepreneurs did car servicing business in the street. Due to abuse, such laws had to be created and enforced.

Retarded spics.

>Bikes are cheaper.
But mostly unusable in the city. I didn't say useless.

There is almost no one that rides motorcycles as DD here. There are way too many cars that have poor visibility, cellphone soccer moms, uninsured drivers, and careless drivers, When I see motorcycles, it is almost always during recreational use. Where I see bikes, it is typically with groups of motorcycle riders touring our state parks or taking short road trips.

There's lots of motorcycles out in my city. But it's also equally clear that they don't drive their death traps on the freeway or major side roads here. We have a significant illegal immigrant population, and they definitely hit and run since they will not stick around for the police to show up. So good luck on liability insurance and medical coverage. If you get injured, a lot of jobs will replace someone after a period of absence.

>100k jobs
>still can't afford a house in nearby suburbs
Lmao

I have a storage unit for all the shit that doesn't fit in my apartment when i moved in. Explained that I have a project car but my apartment owner's don't let me work on it outside and made a deal that I can work in my unit and in the space in front of my unit as if it was my garage.

I was talking more about the person that made the macro. You really missed the point.

i find this a lot less stupid than i should

>Where do apartment dwellers work on their vehicles?
At a friends house when they have a driveway. If you're a loner type person, then that is a problem. As you find out, it can be good to have friends.

Some people have rented the garage-sized storage spaces and then worked on their cars there. But be sure to read the terms carefully to be sure they don't prohibit that. The amount of power is limited because those locations don't have power outlets. They are storage spaces after all. At most there might be an overhead incandescent bulb socket that you'd have to screw in an adapter to draw 120ac power.

One storage locker space was located far away from other houses and businesses. It was one I used long ago when I first moved to the area and needed a staging area for my belongings while I decided on a final location. I noticed one garage-sized spot was rented out and used by a small local rock band to practice! I guess it can be hard to find places to practice without the "noise" getting complaints. So they rented out a large storage locker to practice in.

>I need to change my oil and just moved into my first apartment.
Some auto zones have parking spaces in back but employees rarely park there. As long as you don't block an loading zone or block maneuver space for delivery trucks, you can probably change your oil there as long as you leave no mess and don't look obvious about it to the street. I've seen people changing brake pads and oil before. But usually it's changing oil. I've also seen people changing oil at walmart but that's pretty rare because they have their own oil and tire service center at that walmart. Its prices are pretty competitive at $50 for full synthetic oil and filter change.

You sound like a bitch

Lmao. But yeah, thats the idea.

>tried an offering of donuts, didnt go well.
>offering of donuts
>middle of nowhere

You live in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

Making the middle of nowhere bearable with a shitty job?

Substance abuse.

Nigga, BEER.

>Its prices are pretty competitive at $50 for full synthetic oil and filter change.

So many horror stories, would avoid.

I had, literally had, to use a breaker bar to get my housemates fill plug out after a walmart oil job.

when I was in the military, i used the hobby garage on the bases. all the tools and machines you could want or need to do anything on a car.

i wonder if you could do this as a business. just have garages and people rent bays and tools, to work on their own stuff. you can even have a parts store attached to sell little shit and consumables.

there would be an on site mechanic to give advice and point out the proper procedures in books. then a few others who would just float to make sure people are being safe.

Gotdamn grunts, Google hobby garage and your city man, shit

Liability is huge with any sort of civilian hobby garage, so the insurance payments make running it crazy expensive. You pretty much waive all of your rights once you go through the gate on a military base so they are able to conduct a service like the hobby shop/garage and not worried about getting sued to shit if a vehicle falls on you.

Those places are nothing like the ones on a military base. Base charged me $5/hour to use a bay with a lift and all of the tools. The civilian ones want $30/hour for a non-lift bay around here and tools, oil and tire disposal are extra fees as well. Nothing compared to the military base.

>FPBP
The apartment is nothing more or less than numale bugman housing. You are physically incapable of being a fully formed adult male human living within them.

You asked if there was a business model, key word: BUSINESS
It's not a fucking charity because it's not on base for dipshit meathead army grunts like yourself

I have a backyard that fits about 3 cars and a 1 car garage apartment

>tfw live on former reserve base so no ahs
Friend lives in housing with a garage so we just do shit there though

There's a good ol' Mom and Pop shop I get my oil and other cheap stuff done at. You can tell they actually care, the owner has a bunch of air cooled Porsches in amazing condition and really takes care of customer's vehicles. Uses name brand oil/filters, rotate tires and actually adjust pressures front/rear, torques fill plug to manufacturer specs rather than jamming it on it like jiffy lube, etc.

Took me 3 or 4 shops until I found this type of place, and it costs me $60 an oil change.

Before I moved to this current city for work, I used to rent a place between 4 buddies. $500/month split between 4 of us. 4 bays and 1 lift that came with it. Out in the middle of nowhere. Many burnouts have occured and beers have been drank at that location. I really miss it, buddies back home still rent it.

I live in an apartment and I drive a half an hour to my parent's house to do maintenance.

We have a shop like this in my town. Its funny because there is another shop that does high end import and muscle shit. The work they do is GARBAGE and the owner is lazy spiked hair vaping dicklord. He really can't hang. All his "mechanics" are hugeeeeee dickheads and look like fucking criminals. One of them brags ot have had a 500hp civic but drives a beat to hell turd pickup dodge. Everyone in town brags about going their because "cool factor" .
I go to a place down the road. Its in the guys backyard but he has one of those big ass steel garages. Lots of the old guys go their but a select few young people like myself go. They "have" a guy who does bmw shit and a guy who handles all the imports. They do emissions and shit too. His wife even brings out cookies and coco. Its like a barbershop. Sometimes I just go to chill with the guys.

The best fucking part is. He says just to put it down on my resume as work experience since i go to help and hangout sometimes. AND hes smart about it. Hes like don't put "shop helper" or shit but "general manager or something" smart like that. Man I love that guy. I have like 9 years of work experience as a general manager in a shop doing stuff like someone in an office does.

do they not have auto parts stores where you live OP? Two weeks ago I saw 2 dudes pulling an engine out of an old toyota pickup in the parking lot. Do it there.

Did these men appear short and darker than your average American?

Moving away from my parents house into an apartment is a fear of mine. I'm not leaving until I can get a mortgage.

Wrong. You just do it in the apartment parking lot like I do.

russia has the same kind of garages. they're max comfy for wrenching in, especially if you have one with a basement covered with wooden slats in the middle. you can drive your car over it and pop down into the basement to work on shit so you don't have to use a lift

>Where do apartment dwellers work on their vehicles?
Now is the time for you to pay attention to all the places you see people working on cars. And you might look closer at Autozone and other auto shops that have large lots with out of the way side areas to work on the car without direct view of the street. That's because stupid "white knight environmentalist and sympathizer liberals" will complain whenever they can.

jesus christ what a depressing image

Doesn't matter if a mad dog is nicely groomed with the latest tech or is a decrepit looking thing. It's still a mad dog with nuclear power. And tractors to pull rockets, artillery pieces, and ammunition wagons when they aren't being used in farming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_North_Korea

All you faggots bragging about not living in an apartment either live with their parents, live with housemates, or live in the Midwest. You don't go out and get laid. You don't wear nice clothing. You don't get invited to parties. Nobody looks up to you. You are an out of shape beta.

>projection: the post

>need to change my oil

Park over storm drain.

shit nig that's a townhouse

If you get caught dumping here, it is not just a fine plus a criminal charge. You will also receive a bill for the sewer cleaning which can force you to mortgage your house. It's pretty expensive to clean a sewer for hazardous waste.

Did they hit a sore spot user? I think they hit a sore spot.
t. apartment dweller

>All you faggots bragging about , , , ,
>You don't , , , ,

Woah there, pardner! Your imagination ran too wild. You should save your efforts and plan for something less imaginary in your future. For example, in 2170, abnormal fluctuations will be detected in the Earth’s core. After three months of testing and observations, calculations by scientists from all over the world will conclude that in thirty years or so, the core was going to explode. Molten magma would gush out of the mantle and incinerate all life on Earth. Earth was going to be like the Sun, a world of fire.

When the report was sent to the federal government, desperate panic ensued. Although space travel had developed well in the last two hundred years, such that mankind had been able to undertake long-range stellar exploration and wormhole crossings, humanity had not found another life-planet like Earth. The only extraplanetary base was on Mars, and could hold only a limited population while still needing support from the homeworld.

If Earth was going to be destroyed, mankind still had no place to live. After the road to disaster was confirmed, the government first turned to the idea of transforming Mars and making it more habitable. And then, a miracle happened.

>will
>would
>was
m8 your writing is shite

>Reddit pasta

>just wondering as I need to change my oil and just moved into my first apartment.
I do stuff like that during nightime on a empty parking lot...

Nobody decent looks up to that kind of life either

>omg i have so much sex tinder ftw
>my jeans cost more than your rent
>went to a party last night and got lit af
>im an alpha male/queen bitch alright?

Even the normally liberal mass media portrays that lifestyle as a joke and a major source of suffering, and the people who lead it as borderline evil. But Veeky Forums is full of autistic nerds. The kind that are not only too dumb to read real social situations, but also too dumb to read imaginary ones, so now there's this meme that "chad" and "stacy" stereotypes from shitty movies and sitcoms are actually well liked and not seen as immature and fucking stupid.

So how much extra do you have to pay to get the privilege to have a parking space? Depending on your answer you might as well get a public storage unit.

It's fun and refreshing to see out of the ordinary parodies in Veeky Forums threads trying to make a more blatant outrageous example of what that person was saying when he used the "all you people bragging about" type accusation.