132HP and literally no weight I guess

>132HP
quite impressive for what it is

Yes.

Yes it was.
Even the Japs liked it
youtube.com/watch?v=VMDHViAUlJs

They really do have to get everything that is remotely cute, don't they

Yeah, the srt4 version dominated the SCCA production class at the time.

I like how Veeky Forums ignores everything except performance

these things fell apart and were rattly from the factory

if you think a Civic or Corolla of the time is cheap a Neon is a whole new level of it

It's because 80% benchracers

The American Twingo!

>they were shitty from the factory
>"because the owners were stupid benchracers"
Do you know what a car factory is? How can someone fuck up a new car they havent even bought yet?

At what point did he mention owners? He said Veeky Forums is 80% benchracers; which is true. My cousins first car was a neon. It was rickety as shit. But Veeky Forums only sees what’s on paper, and that doesn’t tell the whole story

The fuck are you talking about?
What I meant was that it is completely irrelevant to Veeky Forums if the car is great - If it is underpowered it's automatically shit for them.

And vice versa of course. If it performs well, all other flaws are irrelevant.

My grandparents had one of the first gens and it was fine. My rents had one of these. The A/C was painfully cold and it had a pretty good stereo. It had a few missfire issues and other dodge issues though. They used to be like every 4th car but now I see maybe one a month.

The first gen dohc's were 150hp and ~2500lbs. That's pretty good even compared to modern shitboxes.

>They used to be like every 4th car but now I see maybe one a month.

This and cavalier/sunfires

Feels kinda sad desu.

He mean that 80%of Veeky Forums ride bus and only knows car by the specs on wiki.

For a commuter car they're fine. Cheap, fast enough, and I don't know about other ones but mine is about as reliable as you can expect. Doesn't seem to be much power until 4500rpm though. I'll admit that the interior rattles a bit at highway speeds but I just turn my stereo up.

I fucking hate you so much

A Neon will crush a Civic that has had exactly the same amount of money put into it. Fucking crush it. If you're scared of rattles and clanks gtfo, it's Halloween.

The 1G neon was the best shitbox America ever made.

Until you got one with a faulty head gasket. Then there was the leaks and random rattles. By the end of it's production run it had won so many showroom stock SCCA titles other companies were allowed to modify their suspensions just to keep up. ACR versions were some of the best entry level performance cars you could get. Adjuatable konis, twin cam 150hp high revving monsters, and turbo kits roflstompped nearly every single front wheel drive competitor at the time.

But it got no respect because of its cutesy marketing campaign, and bug eyed looks.

stop engaging the tripfag. he thrives on attention, hence his trip.

hardly

you damn benchracers are hilarious I dont even need to make a post or get replied to to have enjoyment itt

>unironically defending a fucking neon

>HE DOESNT LIKE THE SCCA DOMINATING NEON

JESUS CHRIST IM A HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH FOR THAT SHIT TASTE

>he's still defending a fucking neon

Yeah, I still drive one today.

god damn right.

it was the best shitbox besides taurus