What does Veeky Forums think of the Subaru Crosstrek?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Subaru Crosstrek?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBMMYegaGsg
youtube.com/watch?v=_V1LoClyVY8
youtube.com/watch?v=XqRsOSQgi-g
youtube.com/watch?v=MGRH1eWDlNw
youtube.com/watch?v=tt2jB5Saz4c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My friend has a manual Crosstrek. It's very slow and not that engaging to drive. The engine just feels way too underpowered for the size of the car. Very soft ride, pretty comfortable, sort of cheap interior. I hear it's essentially a lifted Impreza, so good for driving around with your Crosstrek club in quarries. Somehow the room inside it is less usable than in his old GTI.

Only lesbians buy these.

this

the outback is the flagship model, I like it a lot

Slow garbage

Does Veeky Forums like WRX?

subarus are trash.

For me I think I will fall in love with Kia Stinger.

and why?

+Looks better than the rest of the Subaru lineup
+6 speed is good
+good price for a AWD with ground clearance

-Interior is bad
-Less interior room than some hatcbacks
-Engine has some lemons
-Engine generic subie flat 4 slow and unengaging

Really nice car, very comfortable for long drives, good mpg to be a full time awd, an enough power for a regular driver . Just need to learn how to drive a cvt to get all the juice from the engine. Worth every penny.

I have a Crosstrek for now. I can't wait to get rid of it.

Honestly everything is fine except it is HORRENDOUSLY underpowered. That engine struggles just to get to 60

>X is trash
Honestly you will hear this about literally every single car brand save for MAYBE toyota and honda (in which case you will just hear it less often). So take it with a grain of salt when you hear this. I suppose a real complaint against Subaru is that the WRX's have "glass trannys".

youtube.com/watch?v=DBMMYegaGsg

youtube.com/watch?v=_V1LoClyVY8

youtube.com/watch?v=XqRsOSQgi-g

youtube.com/watch?v=MGRH1eWDlNw

youtube.com/watch?v=tt2jB5Saz4c

None of what he said was positive for the Crosstrek.

Exactly. So he likes the Outback better.

If you need a quality AWD system in a very small crossover it's okay (the Forester is really better in every way), but if the toughest offroad you'll ever see is a bit of dry gravel, get a CX-5.

Is it really that bad? How high is the risk if I use it as a daily?

Notice every video that was posted, was some fuck boi abusing the shit out of the tranny. The 5 speeds don't like it. The 6 speeds in the STIs handle it better.

The Forester looks very comfy

That was a problem with the 5sp gearbox in older WRXs. Best solution was to transplant the STi's 6sp, which also had the happy side effect of upgrading shifting feel from fucking horrible to just plain shitty.

It is and so is the OB, but in an OB you sit lower and can get mistaken for a mom or hipster.

Current Forester also has better AWD than RAV4 and CR-V

a better question would be how did Subaru become the brand of choice for middle class whites?

Forester is way more comfy. It has the same footprint as the Crosstrek but has twice the interior room.

I have a 2004 Outback with 202k on the clock. My wife has her 2016 CrossTrek and frankly I feel my car is much nicer.

Her interior is pretty cheap, the touch screen radio is laggy, the CVT and classic flat 4 make it rather gutless when you punch the throttle; all combined its a basic car for a person who wants AWD and decent EmPeeGees.

It's not a bad car, its just rather unremarkable all around.

As far as reliability it now has 45k on it and it has zero problems. My outback had its head gaskets done 80k ago and while they are leaking slightly its running like a top. I am very happy with my subaru.

>the touch screen radio is laggy
I hate my mom's Crosstrek for this reason

Every other thing I can live with but this is completely unforgivable. And lag is just one of the problems, its also clumsy and unattractive. It's the base version of the StarLink or whatever its called, and the higher trim radio is better but not without problems.

I just find it amazing that Fuji Heavy Industries, head quartered in Japan, can not for their life make or source a FUCKING RADIO that works well. Its embarrassing.

And Subaru is not the only company who has this problem.

>Early models include a 148-horsepower 2.0-liter boxer engine, five-speed manual or available second-generation Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
Jesus Fucking Christ what were they thinking. My late 90s EJ22 slowbox made that kind of power, which was tolerable because it was a slowbox, not pigfat, and manual kept it fun.

Subaru! C'mon! It's 2017! You can't a new model line and a fancy new CVT to succeed when you intentionally make it suck!

As a daily? Not that bad. Just not as reliable as a Honda or something.
Honestly if you just take care of your car it should be fine.
The problem is that if you are always revving super high and slamming into the next gear like almost everyone in the videos did then you run into a problem.
Also, while I do not own a WRX apparently the newer models have improved transmissions.

WRX has had the six-speed for years now. The glass tranny meme comes from the early years of the five-speeds, and even then for short time they were sold with an improved five-speed that didn't shred as easily when vapers were doing redline clutch dumps all day long to see if you could do a 4-wheel burnout.

>You can't a new model line and a fancy new CVT to succeed when you intentionally make it suck!

They're flying off the lots, dude. I see Crosstreks fucking everywhere.

I'll be honest, I'm a slow driver and the Crosstrek is my dream car. I had a 97 Outback in high school and it was the best car I ever had. The new XV is basically my old 97 Outback in terms of size and performance but lifted, and everybody with an Outback has daydreams of lifting it.

I'll probably sell my MR2 and get a used Crosstrek in a couple of years.

Levorg is best Subaru

Volvo fell to the darkness.

the cars look fine imo. just seem to have a fetish for 4 bangers now.

Why the fuck do they want to be a luxury car company now

ok, well I guess I'm glad you like it. I loved the fuck out of mine when I had it. I don't know why you'd get an MR2 if you want to lift your Outback, but I think it's fun to try different things.

I'm just saying it's not going to be much more than a first car or slow-driver car if they're going to put a wimpy 2.0 with a CVT in it as anything other than the base poorfag option.

liberal lesbian in car form

500+ miles per tank vs 355 miles with the EJ22.

More like 300 after the empty light stopped working and you knew you still had a good half gallon at least after the needle went below E as long as you wanted to chance it.

>which also had the happy side effect of upgrading shifting feel from fucking horrible to just plain shitty.

Look, I'm psyched to get out on twisty roads with my MR2, but I was also psyched to wade through the snow in my Outback.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but my commute is usually a boring slog, and the Crosstrek is comfy, can carry a lot of shit, and isn't half bad in dirt or snow. My MR2 is nothing but wasted potential 90% of the time I drive it.

If I can't get anything for it maybe I'll just keep it as a weekend car AND get the Subaru.

They can't compete on price with Japan, Korea, or America, and their image of reliability was shattered during the Ford years. But, their reputation for delivering high quality interiors grew, so they've gone upmarket.

You are learning what all these moronic teens will learn. Not everything is a fucking race track. Most of the time you want a comfy, safe, reliable car to drive around. And SOMETIMES you want your fast car to fuck around in.

These kids will learn what we all did. But they are so edgy and cool, they need a clapped out miata with no interior, ac, and stance to drive to work at Target, bro!

It's OK, you don't have to be jealous that I'm roughly 40, I don't have a busted commute, and I enjoy something more fun than my old EJ22 even though it's not all that much more specialer.

Maybe one day you'll find automotive fun again before you dessicate away.

Slow

Slow slow slow

Otherwise a pretty decent car. will be 10/10 first car on the used market in a few years.

I've been dailying/onlying the MR2 for six years, and it's a little wearing not being able to carry anything. For grocery shopping and stuff we use my wife's Mini, but it's limited too. One day we went to Costco to buy some shelves, and after about 20 minutes of trying to get them into the Mini I had to carry them back in and return them. We just don't get to have things above a certain size without borrowing a real vehicle.

On the Subaru front though, I got my Outback from a Carmax back when they didn't suck, and had it less than a year before selling it because I was leaving the country. It's possible that the next owner discovered it was an utter piece of shit, but I have fond memories of a simple, reliable car that could just kind of putter through anything I wanted to go through in its own laid back way.

none of these are current gen...

t.poor person

Strap it to the roof you fucking faggot. Jesus.

u jelly I can afford more than a bus pass?

>post expensive car with bread
Or stfu poor old man.

hey waitaminute

Do I recognize that pullover? Which park is that?

City Of Rocks State Park between Silver City and Deming, NM

Nah mate it's not expensive. It's MR2-tier. Faster than slow, but basically just good for grins, which is all I use it for most of the time.

Ah, nope. After you've been to a bunch of them they start to look the same I guess. Really cool, though. Underrated destinations.

Really nice car that can get you anywhere and don't break your bank.

It's honestly a pretty good car in manual trim, I only sold mine because I was tired of how slow it was, but some people aren't nearly as concerned with that.

Yeah sometimes big rocks just look like big rocks kek

Should have just done an FA20DIT swap from a wrecked WRX, kek.

I just traded it for a Hemi equipped GC and called it good.

inb4
>Chrysler