ITT: Car gore

ITT: Car gore
Pic related is mine. Found it 5 minutes ago while changing out my rotors. Who else /riding on pistons/ here?

That piece of metal in the bottom is the rear brake pad

You wore through the backing plate?
I only went a week with that grinding sound till I changed my pads, how long did you drive like that?

Congratulations

2 weeks. Didn't have cash to buy the pads and everything

Thank you. Honestly I'm not even that mad. I'm just trying to figure out what to do since I work on Monday... Maybe just go without one brake? Lel

slap the new rotors and pads in and buy a new caliper

Don't die

Makes me feel better about mine. Did em last weekend and they were basically at the backing plate. I had the $25 for pads, just was lazy.

I wouldn't normally admit I browse reddit but /r/justrolledintotheshop is actually fucking great with car gore. Only browsable thing on reddit to be honest

Really? Won't I have to replace the pads after... Actually. You're right. Pads are cheap as fuck anyways. I wish it were still day outside. Fug

Op you can buy pads at pepboys starting at 12 bucks, granted they aren't gonna be the best, and you don't even need to buy rotors if they're in good shape. Now its pads plus rotor (if you decide not to get it turned) and a new/rebuilt caliper.

>hands.
Wew lad, use gloves. Don't be/look like a nigger.
>no flash
Fuck. Now my phone's dyeing.

Too late. Already bought the rotors. Now I just have to buy the caliper. Just came from the parts store. Fucking kikes want to charge me 129.99 for a single caliper. EBay here I come.

Check out rockauto if you don't need the parts asap

Fuck. It's 15 dollars cheaper than the ebay ones but what's that about the core? Do I have to send mine back?

You send yours back in the same box the rebuilt one came it, and you get the core charge back, which is 80 dollars

yes

OK, sweet. Thanks anons. Just finished putting everything back together and sounds as if nothing were wrong. I'll still replace it anyways.

How much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to drive around with brake pads worn down to the metal, let alone getting down to the actual caliper pistons?

The same amount necessary to both not give a fuck about the incessant noise and not have enough money for 2 weeks to pay for parts.

>2 weeks
nigga you don't just go from having a sliver of brake pad material left to rubbing on the fucking piston in 2 weeks of driving

Turns out my guide pins were rock solid, I had to hammer them down so the pad wore out in silence at an angle. Then one day it started growling. My guess is when the growl started I started grinding down on the backing plate for a week and the next week on the piston.

This pad is actually on a 45 degree angle.