Mustang 65 Project

(Image is not my car)
Wondering how I can rebuild this car with more modern systems (Suspension, Electrical, Engine, Drivetrain, etc) and what those parts could be. I know the end cost would be expensive however I would want as close to budget friendly as possible. Also an order of replacing each system so that the transition is smooth for a new guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

dynacornbodies.com/body-shells/mustang/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How so?

you got a let to lern kid

>just buy a 2000's mustang.

literally every part for this car can be bought off the internet.

It's fine how it is, you're just a bitch.

Just save up and buy a bass 770 if that's what you want

I love the aesthetic of the old, but this thing looks incredible. This thing and the new corvettes can match the look of 60-70's cars

>Lets take an old car and make it modern.
Just buy a new car retard.

>534,000

he'll be saving all his life

Shhh.

It's better this way, he can see his idea is not original. Also how much it cost to carry out in 5000 hours of time and alot of money.

>taking the best of classic car design and complimenting it with the best of modern technology
>not a fantastic idea

enjoy your ugly modern cars

500 dollars and an afternoon

Install a Bluetooth GPS audio unit with Apple car play.

>feel like an engineer

Guys.

How does it achieve this aesthetic?
I’ve been trying to do some shit and I can’t for the life of me get a statement in my head that truly encompasses what was loved about the old cars.

Boomer or not, we all love the old car look for some reason or another.

I’ve been working along the lines of “doesn’t give a flying fuck about aerodynamics; faster? Just give it a bigger engine”
But it just doesn’t feel right.

I then went and did some reading and apparently log hood short deck is what they called it, and I went and tried some aesthetics with that and it did help a little but fuck.
It really should feel more...old car-ey.

No, not un-aerodynamic. But like it’s not #1 on the priority list.
Not massive and boxy but still spacious.
A method of getting around the lack of a bumper.

Guys.
I need a sentence I can cram into my head while I draw cars, blueprint engines, and overall plan to make a brand that will eventually be used in bait threads of “why is anons brand better than the others”

Wut?

What do you think makes it sexy.

Though that really doesn’t entirely cover what I want answered.

Why the fuck WOULD you make bait threads? Only subhuman trash does that.

I don’t.
I won’t.

I’m saying that I would hope to be the owner of a car company that would be used to male bait threads because it’s so awesome.

It’s probably BS and/or a pipe dream, but the dodge brothers and John Moses browning started somewhere, right?

New styling must accommodate curtain air bags, severe crash tests.

The pillars are larger, roof is larger.

And faggots just want a $189 a month Chevy equinox payment and don't care.

Nobody chases performance

Cars are multi platform to build them cheap so the auto executives split your cash.

Cars are dead, buy what you want before everything is communist and automated

Ever heard of a restomod

60 years ago, maybe.

Today mopar held a meeting and sublet their vehicle design company to an Indian subsidiary and pajeets design came to him while he took a shit in the street and fingerprinted the new challenger in last nights curry.

He then emailed his design to fiat Chrysler and it cost the .62cents
They charge you 65grand

In the 1960s the company had to convince you to buy there car, now they know your going to anyway.

Fuck off with your bull shit sir

The best way would probably be this dynacornbodies.com/body-shells/mustang/

But also the most expensive, 18K for just that shell. But, you'd get to pick and choose every other piece...

>ruin the soul of the car for modern conveniences.

Its still going to sound the same and look the same, just with updated suspension and brakes. That's the basic idea of a restomod.

It won't feel the same, it wont sound the same without its original engine and most people that "restomod" make the cars look like a ricers dream.

Any one who restomods is a heretic

I don't see a question here, but yes you can. Just fixing the original equipment will give you a much better car than you would think. Though mustangs of that era really benefit from some chassis reinforcement.

this. just buy a corvette you plebs

That's something made to look like a silhouette racecar, not typical of a restomod. You can absolutely keep the original engine in a restomod too, but really anything with the same firing order and around the same displacement will sound the same with the same kind of exhaust as the old one. Look at Tony Angelo's Demon, for example. Full QA1 suspension components, new brakes, rebuilt engine, but you wouldn't know it.

Poor dart, it deserves better.

Then being restored by the guy who drove it in high school?

I was watching a restomod 65 or 66 Mustang drive the other day. It was lowered of course and had the wheels right to the edge of
the wheel wells like the cool kids do and he had the suspension so stiff that the car bounced along the road like a go kart and the driver could be seen bouncing off the seat. Then when it came time to make turns he took every one so wide it was obvious that it was all he could turn, almost like a donk in that respect. You could tell he had to work at the steering too with the tiny aftermarket steering wheel. Add in having zero finesse with the throttle and you complete the picture.

He finally got it into a spot at the show and it was clear he was immensely proud of the MII suspension, shiny billet everything, oh-so-cool touches straight out of a catalog, and base/clear paint that was...acceptable. Just. He was happy so I tried to be happy for him but to me the car was just ruined and had none of the character of a vintage Mustang left. It had become a modern media interpretation of hot-rodding abomination that was shaped like a Mustang. Much like the pretender Eleanors now that I think about it.

*than my bad.
No seriously, what does it lose when restomodded? Having a terrible stopping distance, lower hp, and wallowing suspension?

Yeah, Foose-mobiles suck but you just have to not be a nigger with wheel sizing and not be a wigger with spring rate and ride height selection.

Your missing the point, without the old shit in it the car loses its soul.
Just buy a corvette or a new demon, Just leave the old cars how they were.

What soul is tied to a blown out set of shocks? What soul is tied to a Fox mustang's god-awful stock suspension geometry and broken ashtray door? It'll be more confidence inspiring with new studd, but you'll get the same level of feedback since it's not a numb new car.

As others has said its heart and soul. There is something special about driving in an old car that has not been tampered with.

But it's still the same car. Still has the same steering feel. Still has the same throttle response. Still jounces you like only something with an axle at the back can. You just have more modern stopping distance and can take corners better.

Why?
It's painted a factory color, has 15" wheels, was built by one guy, and doesn't even have a billit ls engine.

Its actually the original paint I think.

>same steering feel
>can take corners better
Sounds unlikely since you would have to make steering and suspension changes in order to achieve the "improvements" and the need for improved braking would suggest that you've made such significant changes in the suspension that it's impossible for the old character to remain.

Still, you can do Pro-Touring if you want. I mean it's your car after all. However I would suggest that even after the changes to the classic it will still never be as good all-around as a modern car that already does what you want to make the classic try to do. That means the classic will be harsher and you'll be working at driving it more with significantly reduced durability than with the modern car.

I have driven in my friends "restomodded" 74 camaro. it just feels different.
Drive in a classic long enough and you will understand

I'm not really sure what you mean, but most retiree restomods have cushy power brakes, power steering, fancy radios, and all that shit. It does change the feel.

Pro-touring and restomod aren't always the same thing. Pro-touring includes boomer wheels, slamming it, and other stuff. You're not changing the steering *box*, unless you're swapping it out for one that came with a higher trim of the car, but even that will provide approximately the same feedback, just with fewer turns.
Braking also doesn't have to change any suspension characteristics, uptrim calipers, a rear disk conversion, stainless braided brake hoses, and decent pads like Hawk HPS will greatly improve the stopping capability, and also don't require a single suspension component to be changed.

>ever heard of Chip Foose
Yes much to our dismay

The term isn't exclusive to Foose abominations.

I understand everyone's point of view. A classic is a classic. I downloaded the electrical schematics and started to read the manual for it. I am more than okay to definitely keep the engine and transmission the same. I would just want better braking and maybe suspensions. I wasn't looking to add anything cosmetic to it. Right now I am getting it to running condition first, then I would focus on rust spots, replacing the interior, and then giving a new coat of paint. I would more than likely keep the car in that condition for a really long time and just maintain it. Thank you guys for you input!

>IFS
>3 link 9"
>good tires
>qa1 suspension
>bigger brakes + good brakepads

it's all you need

These cars already have IFS you dolt, did you even look up what the parts you posted were?

double wishbone ifs

Yeah as opposed to double wishbone axle amirite

yep

Old Mustangs already do. Lowering the upper control arm mounting and a strong "boss 302 style" cross brace is about all you need to make the thing pretty good.

Unless you want good power steering too, then you need to throw out that ford hydro ram setup.