/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 30th of June:
350 – Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, is defeated and killed in Rome by troops of the usurper Magnentius.
763 – The Byzantine army of emperor Constantine V defeats the Bulgarian forces in the Battle of Anchialus.
1520 – Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
1559 – King Henry II of France is mortally wounded in a jousting match against Gabriel, comte de Montgomery.
1794 – Native American forces under Blue Jacket attack Fort Recovery.
1805 – The U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
1934 – The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler's purge of his political rivals in Germany takes place, Strasser is amongst the dead.
1936 – Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy's invasion of his country.

# News
CK2 DD 19/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1030752
EU4 DD 27/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1032543/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0AZEFCTC!il4xI5Ww9Ukx8dCshiWjQ4BH2lv532xGcQv1NhaCyK0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for meme mods

>tfw ywn be a conquistador
Why even live

Why is nobody posting anything

because youre not posting anything

>[[Please login to see this link.]]

so this...is the strength...of superior firepower...woah..
HoI4 more like shit4 lmao

I was just running a test game. i got nothing to post desu

yopmail lad

Should I remove the Carlist events and just say that the Habsburgs still rule Spain??

What is this?

le cheat mod face

Idk i was bored so I started changing the start date a little bit and i decided to just buff spain, portugal italy and probably france in the future so they can become GP instead of always having the UK and groBgermaniums. i already changed the LR so now i'm just spectating and seeing how much Spain and Italy grow, then I'm probably going to give them a bunch more soldiers, bureaucrats and craftsmen and some industry and see how that goes.
thanks

Literacy and pop density hold them back the most. Bump up starting lit for them and lower it for the anglo

With the lives of her people (and herself) in mind, Maria Josepha and her government thus sue for peace. They will permit a communist government to take control of Mexico, but in exchange they demand safe passage to Argentina, which has recently been captured in a coup by the army officer Juan Domingo Peron, who styles himself as fascistic (and certainly anti-communist) in outlook.

Although Mosley is hesitant to make a concession of this variety, to allow a monarch to flee to a country which is explicitly anti-communist, he recalls the despair he felt just a few weeks before, and how prepared he was to resign his position over the catastrophe in Mexico. Deciding that any win at all is already astonishingly good luck, Mosley thus agrees to Maria Josepha’s terms, using President M.N. Roy’s foreign nationality as an excuse for interfering in the typical policy which allowed local leaders to decide their elites’ fate. If all goes according to his plans, her temporary freedom will mean nothing at any rate.

With the Proletarian State of Mexico joined to the International Jack Reed’s United States stabilizes slightly, as guards are no longer needed for its southern borders and can be redeployed to put down communist uprisings elsewhere in the nation; Mexican troops, after undergoing their own purge, even participate in keeping the American rebels down, although many consider it a temporary measure given the extent of the guerrilla conflict in America.

ALL
TAXATION
IS
THEFT

ALL
TAIGS
ARE
TARGETS

This AAR jumped the shark with America tbqh. No way it should've been that easy to just curbstomp them, yes I get the AI is terrible but you should have buffed America at least for RP purposes.

Late game battles are ALWAYS one sided as fuck. One side just starts arty striking the fuck out of the enemy and then it's game over.

literally the first thing i did
Spain: 45%
Portugal: 67%
Milan: 48%
S-P: 63%
Tuscany: 68%
Pope: 55%
Two Sicilies: 33%
I don't think I'm going to lower the UKs literacy yet, i'm just going to take away a bunch of their colonies at some point

Or better yet, taken control of America on the eve of the invasion and tried to win.

ALL
WITHIN
THE
STATE

PERON PERON

literate portugal is going to crack skulls in the colonial game.

It's just a premise that vic2 is not able to properly simulate. Guerrilla warfare and anti-commie movements aren't in the game really, and there's obvious things that prevent a commie global take over. Not Aarnons fault though, I still liked this one, blame paradox.

Also please do an aar as a shitty as fuck nation some time in vicky Aarnon

just got a massive lint clump out of my belly button that's probably been in there my whole life. feels good

I hear you, and this got discussed last thread:

I had to make a call and I did, and maybe it was the wrong call, but I hear what everyone is saying. I'll address this after the AAR is over.

ALL
MEN
A
KING

I have an Idea
The Commonwealth stays as the world's greatest power for the next 100 years, progressing economically and technologically.
Eventually in the year 2087, Commonwealth scientists invent time machines, but a group of insurgents infiltrate the research facility and steal the time machine, going back in time and saving America from destruction, and then invading Britain and freeing the world from C*mmunism
So you actually have a reason to play as America

But, for now, it is a time to rest. The Worker’s Army has been on campaign almost constantly since 1931, and it has earned time to survey its accomplishments.

Before it was the Worker’s Army, the Royal Army of Great Britain and Ireland had fought for the pride of the monarchy for centuries. In engagements spanning from the Europe to furthest Asia the Royal Army fought and conquered in the long 19th century, and did her nation proud. She never lost a war, although there were many ill-fated battles in that long age.

When the 20th century finally dawned cool and bright, the Royal Army and her counterpart, the Royal Navy, no doubt believed that this would be the future, to continue on be for all time. Alas for those who held such hopes, for it was not to be; the Second Glorious Revolution ousted the monarchy and established internationalism as the creed of the new Worker’s Commonwealth, placing pride on what was before shameful: the factory-worker, the irreligious, the inferior race, the sexually deviant. They were raised up and made the rulers, and the rulers cast down and made slave.

The almost cataclysmic effects of decolonization threatened to shake the new Worker’s Army to its core, but it persevered. Its men and women trained harder, used more advanced technology, and mechanized their forces. And although it has faced defeat and humiliation, it still finished victorious, it is the strongest army on the planet. The Royal Army has been eclipsed by its offspring: larger, mightier, and more advanced. Led by Archibald Campbell, the foremost tactician of the 20th century (and perhaps its worst politician), the Worker’s Army has almost single-handedly made internationalism a reality.

Real Thread

You can play as America if you want, user. I'll be uploading all the saves and there's one right before the invasion, so you can force the war and then beat them, or go on a crusade against Britain in the years remaining.

lol

Reminder to report and ignore the R&I thread.

This tbqh. I already had to suspend my disbelief when you picked off the democratic and monarchist powers 1 by 1 without them teaming up on you. The American invasions were just utterly retarded. As a poster said last thread, Victoria 2 is an RP game - you can't expect the AI to truly present a tough fight unless you actually work to help them. I get that you played ahead and then wrote, but there were people telling you how unrealistic the AAR was getting, back when you were just starting to expand in Europe. So I feel there is no excuse for the trainwreck that is North America.

Don't get me wrong, you have skill and can be entertaining. But you made absolutely ludicrous campaign decisions and neglect to handicap yourself for the handicaps of the AI. If it was a purely gameplay based AAR, sure, you can ignore the unrealistic AI. But you are trying to maintain a modicum of realism; as such you HAVE to limit yourself to keep the game interesting. It's been a yawn-fest steamroll ever since you made Germany communist.

And it is a reality; quite a stark one.

The decision to strike Mexico was a strategic one, but not merely because it was a threat to Reed’s America, or because it was beginning to assert itself as a new bastion of the counter-revolution as America had before it.

No, the matter of Mexico was chiefly a matter of markets.

With Mexico having fallen to the International, nine of the largest direct markets in the world (save China, of course) are now proletarian. Moreover, Asia, North America, Europe, and Africa are all almost entirely proletarian centers, leaving only South America and isolated states, surrounded on all sides by comintern members, behind.

The new internationalism is at hand. For thirty years, communism was a doctrine to be enforced at the point of a sword, because the capitalist classes were simply too mighty to have their power wrested from them in any other way. In that time, out of necessity, it was required that the communist nations of the planet trade with the capitalist nations, because the world itself continued to be dominated by capital, continued to require a transfer of goods.

Comrade Mosley now asks the question: what would happen if all trade from the comintern to members outside of the International suddenly stopped? What would happen if two-third’s of the world’s markets suddenly closed?

On August 2nd, 1934, that is precisely what happens. On orders from Oswald Mosley, Principal Secretary of the Worker’s Commonwealth and the Communist International, the Comintern ceases all business with capitalist nations until such a time as their leadership peacefully surrenders power, transferring their governments over to the proletariat.

Would this be a good idea for India?
Green is Portugal, blue is France, yellow is Spain and red is the UK obviously

>the Eternal Swede finally getting BTFO by the very market he uses to fuel war

>r&i replying to himself in the other thread
truly pathetic

Post classic /gsg/ moments

not videogames fuck off

all me ;)

blitzkrieg is superior in that game since the ai is so retarded that it doesnt use anti tanks properly and that is in this patch, before they didnt even use anti tanks.

My excuse is that I was entirely confident that America was going to beat me, and I had no idea at all that Mexico was going to declare war. Unless I went back AFTER Mexico declared and stopped the war, which would've cost me time that I don't have since I had to be done by tomorrow night at the latest, then there was no real way that I could've known that the US was going to get attacked on two fronts like that. I set everything up to be a legitimate duel and it just didn't work out that way.

I'm not disagreeing with you, because I said since it was posted last thread that I was disappointed too, but that's just the way that this AAR structure had things happen. I didn't have the time to go back and change things once things didn't go as I planned, and I didn't have the ability to poll beforehand for exactly how I should've handled things.

Like I said, though, I'm going to address this when the AAR is over. I have a survey and we'll see what the responses indicate, at least in general trends. I'm not stupid enough to believe there won't be many griefing responses.

No me

>literally the ENTIRE r&i thread is shitposting
what now steamcordplaza

Some nations, like China, naturally resist well: they have long been independent of foreign goods, and their peasants are so numerous that the loss of a few million to famine are no great threat. But most nations do not fare so luckily.

The first to fall are the smallest, nations like Luxembourg and Iceland, lands which starve or lose everything but a hellish, hand-to-mouth existence without international trade; they are proletarian in less than a year. The next are those which are small and unable to form federations, like the Balkan nations Bosnia-Herzegovina and Bulgaria, which can survive without international trade, but which are thrown into horrible economic depression and terrorism without an influx from money abroad; they collapse within two years. Next come the last colonial nations, Belgium and Portugal, which struggle to extract more and more resources from their colonies, but cannot weather the storm of depression and revolution at home; they fall within three.

China is brought into the International in the early 1940s in the Yellow River Campaign, which unites all of China under a centralized communist government and accepts them into the International, finally making every state in Asia truly proletarian.

Last to resist, and perhaps most surprisingly, are the South American states. Although Central America falls after only four years of a loose trading federation established in 1935, the South American nations, capitalist all with the lone exception of Venezuela, recognize the threat posed by world communism. Overcoming national rivalries and racial tensions, these states band together to create the Federation of South American States, a strong federal system with shared intelligence, militaries, markets, and repressive measures. They keep communism brutally repressed for thirty full years, until finally racial tensions in Brazil and Argentina cause the collapse of the shared market into a revolution.

By 1970, the world is a red one.

Literally worst timeline ever

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Please respond

But, as with all things, as time passes they shift, change, and decay.

Communism was never a beneficent ideology for the world. Although it did much in upsetting previous power relations, destroying superstition, and promoting equality of class, in most other ways it was devastating; as a world system it certainly was. Hundreds of millions died in the wars, repressive efforts, and purges which were necessary to enforce the ideology, tens of millions more die in decades-long guerilla conflicts in China, Asia, and South America, and billions more lived for centuries under a repressive world regime which had abandoned difference of class, race, and sex for a different world of privilege: membership in the Party.

Without capitalism to spur competition and contest, the world’s economies stifle and stagnate, producing only what is necessary in order to get by, and hardly ever surplus. Famines are common, and technological and industrial innovation are miniscule. When the microprocessor is finally discovered in 2059 it’s hailed as a miracle invention that will change the future; cellular phones, first invented in 2125, spur one of the few commodity bubbles the world has experienced since the collapse of capital in 1970.

Such a system of privilege, repression, and wasted potential could not last forever. It does not, of course, beginning its years-long collapse in 2183 under the weight of its own top-heavy doctrine; the dream of equality which was espoused in the early days never quite meeting articulation.

In 1934, the future looks bright. The International is strong, because there are still capitalist nations to struggle against. Victory is near, and times under Mosley are bright, compared to the dark future of the police state which will come. People cheer and throw roses in front of Archibald Campbell’s car, not knowing that he has brought them death with his victories.

Saves when? Ignore the shitposters. Thread moves are literally THE point in time when they come out of the woodworks. It'll be appreciated once everyone wakes up.

is this 1984

Imagine, if you will, a world where the perfidiousness of the Anglo was left unchecked by the Aryan...

Truly the darkest timeline.

the sun never sat on the british empire because god doesn't trust an anglo in the dark.

Now make a CK2 mod that take place after the collapse of global communism and the reversion to proto-Feudalism and warring statelets.

Surprised you finished it off today, was a very good read though. My only complaint is that you didn't remove Mexico declaring war on the US. It really didn't make a lot of sense considering at that point in time, it was obvious they were next. Hell I'd have done a World War situation where its US + Mexico AND Japan against the International.

That sounds fun as fuck

And that's the AAR!

I know I say this after every AAR, but this one taught me a lot. Because of the time constraints I was under I played and wrote in bulk for this AAR, doing about a decade of play, then organizing my images and writing that decade, and so on. I've learned now that this is an absolutely awful tactic barely better than playing the whole thing in advance, and in the future if I'm ever forced to play in similar style again I'm at the very least going to write my posts after every single screenshot I take. I found that my biggest problem writing this AAR was that I wanted to write much longer posts, but with only 2000 characters to work with I sometimes didn't actually have enough images to do so, or I didn't have an image of something that I later realized I'd want for the narrative. That's awful practice and I'm not going to repeat it again.

I also learned that internationalism is shit, at least how Vicky's AI and economy handles it. A loss of troops and wealth in return for allies that just sit still 90% of the time, because they don't want to march across a continent. Communist games are already tedious, and this one was atrocious. I doubt I'll ever do anything with Planned Economy again.

As promised, here are all the saves I have: mega.nz/#!0AZEFCTC!il4xI5Ww9Ukx8dCshiWjQ4BH2lv532xGcQv1NhaCyK0

Attached is an image of POP needs requested by an user.

I wanted to link a survey but no way I maul the URL will let me post it, so fuck it. I'll take concerns about the game being too easy/not modifying the game against my favor into account, and before the next AAR I'll throw up some polls about some practical house rules I might be able to institute against myself.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

user, that's After The End.

Show how Rhodesiums is doing popwise.

From storyline purposes where would you say is the time of a war that could've led to a collapse of the International?

not him but I think the part where he was suddenly brought into a war after he scuttled his entire fleet with no replacement. If he lost his naval supremacy then he may not have been able to move his troops around the empire, and that could've cost him dearly.

just stop
you know how to write and how to make fun and interesting scenarios, but this has become you curbstomping the entire world.

At least the monarchies have the excuse of the monarchs being more concerned with their rival dynasties being destroyed, and the only major republics in Europe were left-leaning anyway. I can see Willy being more than happy to let other monarchs die.

what does HoI3's flavor mod actually do?

You'll have to check the saves for it user, I'm in the middle of something now and can't boot up Victoria again.

can't change the past, but you should have just tag'd over to the US and had them give the land back to Mexico. It wasn't cored, and the US was facing communist invasion of the birthplace of the country.

I almost forgot to answer this. If we ignore game mechanics, I think the Second German-Soviet war would be it, since the Austrians peaced out first. They might have chosen to join with Germany, and if that were the case it'd be a huge central Germany against the rest of the European international, and Mosley might have been unwilling to allow Campbell's cohort, which was the best-trained in the entire Commonwealth, to fight. That would've made second-rates the fighters in the landing at Hanover.

Mexico and the US both had cores on the southwest. If anything they should've allied anyway, or Mexico should've renounced cores in return for something else and a temporary alliance.

pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V
It's in the pastebin

oh thanks, sorry for not seeing that

What's the potential for a USSR-style collapse situation? I assume if the war with the US is lost, since there's still a pretty big anti-communist bloc.

>Commies in Iceland

You've gone to far AARnon

If the war against the US was lost, Canada and most of the Commonwealth's American colonies would likely fall to America. That would probably end Mosley's Secretariat, but whether a replacement would cause a civil war, and what kind of war that would look like, is a big question.

The only way the International itself could collapse is if there were another German-style attempt to wrest leadership, or a gradual loss of confidence in the new Secretary which allowed governments to gradually pull out without the Commonwealth resisting. But with 20 corps, the Commonwealth isn't really in a position to take "no" for an answer.

Maybe a civil war combined with a general loss of faith in the Commonwealth might cause a Soviet-style collapse, with the Commonwealth turned inward and the rest of the International falling in line behind a different leader, or going their own ways, simultaneously.

I remember in one game I landed in a mountain province in British Columbia with 30k troops, with a 6 defense general, gas attack, and 6 dig in.
And America had 600 brigades.

So anyway, they piled literally everything onto this battle, but because the rolls were so against them, -15, they lost.

And I looked back after the years of this to see how many brigsdes they had. 8. Meaning they lost their entire army to 30k.

>booing for countries you have no connection to
Sad! Not going to happen when I'm OP. Many such cases!

I've considered doing a continuation AAR where what if the Commonwealth loses the civil war, which leads to a collapse as well as an economic one. Lots of territorial loss and loss of puppets. USSR takes over as leader of the international whereas the Commonwealth goes into a Russia-like situation, being taken over by a former member of intelligence and becomes a presidential dictatorship.

I thought of shit like Canada representing the vast Russian Siberia while Ireland is Ukraine, with Ulster as Crimea.

>Ulster as Crimea.
But user, Crimea is rightfully Russian.

>Implying I'm not Icelandic

Ugh huh. Prove it.

That would be very interesting, and I'd love to read it if you go for it. I wouldn't have the USSR take over, though, because they're incredibly weak in this universe. France or Austria are the best options.

>commie germany and commie russia are the EXACT same colour hmm
Aitch pee em should either have made them different or made every commie country that colour.

>Gefandi í skyn að ég ætli að reyna að sanna þjóðerni mitt fyrir skítpóstara á /géessgé/

Woah, this wouldn't be impressive if translation sites/tools/programs existed, but seen as they don't this has unequivocally proven you are in fact Icelandic.

That's why I'd be reconquering it.

If I have 'modern day' analogues I wanted to sneak in Stalin as Trump wanting to Make the Soviet Union Great Again by promoting Socialism in One Country since I assume there is still moderately a freedom of speech, if you're a communist and if you're popular enough within the Party.

I was implying the parallel doesn't work, as Crimea is rightfully Russian but Ulster isn't rightfully British.
even though it is KAT

UK should own a little more futher along the coast (part that France owns), but otherwise it's pretty good.

Say will you stand up for Christ and combat?

Thank God I'm not trying to prove anything then.

Are you that Icelandic user who I played DH MP with a few years ago?

Thank Odin you can't.

For Protestant Christ, yes.

Nah, all the DH players live up in Akureyri.

>1934 – The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler's purge of his political rivals in Germany takes place, Strasser is amongst the dead.
F

I want these borders but as you can see the regions don't fit them. I know there's a greater iran decision, is that accomodating to this plan?

Since a lot of this is like, taking only a small bit of a state, would it be acceptable to changeowner some shit I conquered back to its owner? that would make the game feel less real though, less of a legit campagn. But at the same time, how the fuck would it NOT be okay?

Acceptable yes. If it's really bugging you. just make a quick decision claiming those provinces for greater iran

thank you

Why do I get locked into a black screen that I can't alt tab or ctrl alt del out of when I close Vicky2? I know these really old games run like shit and act weird on new hardware, but this is fucking unplayable.

>would it be acceptable to changeowner