Bedliner Paint Job

I talked about doing this awhile ago...finally did it and here are the pics as requested.

My red 98' honda accord was peeling bad due to sun damage. Wheel wells were completely rusted out. Honda did not use good paint in this era.

Harbor Frieght sells truck bedliner for $40 a can. So after sanding down the top coat I rolled the first coat on with foam roller. Then I used about 5 spray cans ($7.50 per can) to do a thin coat over top.

It cost about $100 and took about a day and a half with proper planning and hopefully I now have a long lasting durable paint job. Its not perfect but it was a fun project that definitely made my 20 year old car look respectable again. There are tutorials on youtube. And it looks better than rustoleum in my opinion.

Before:

FYI, you're going to get air bubbles in about 2-3 months. It's inevitable with the canned stuff.

I did my rims first about 2 months ago. So far so good. I will keep an eye out. Not sure if air bubbles will happen this stuff goes on thickkkkk. Grinded down any rust and primed first before painting.

not a bad job familiam

I did it to my headliner and hood. Bedliner is god's gift to cars.

>rekt thread

If you where my son id take your car away for fucking it up like that.

Clearly you don't have a dad, so that makes you a bastard in a bombed up car.

bastardbomber

look up boat paint, shit self levels, and can be applied with a paintbrush

My dad helped me with this. TOP LOL

He did the bondo on the dents and helped me prep for painting lmao

>sorry son, you never had a chance.

Good to know

>minor rust (repairable)
>typical clear coat fading

good job ruining your car

fucking rednecks

>respectable

I'm very sorry but any Honda with an obvious rattle can or roller job is not exactly respectable.

Everyone sees on first glance that it was a desperate attempt to make the car less shitty.
It kind of worked but again, everyone knows you don't have money and tried your best with your low budget.

You could've spent like $200 on some red spraypaint that matched how it used to look, then stripped the old shitty paint, then applied primer.

After that, you could've done like 4 or 5 layers of paint, then clear coated, sanded, and polished. It would've looked much better.

I bought a Geo tracker off a girl who did that, well replace 100 in bed liner with 10 dollars in spray paint. It looked like ass, everyone thought it was a joke, and it cost me 500 dollars.

I loved that car

Did you smell on the driver seat after you bought it?

didnt even cross my mind desu

Is this a meme? I have lots of money and I'm still gonna do this to my truck in the back yard

I had it done on my bmw, looks pretty good

>Is this a meme?
You must be quite new to car things.

Yes, it is widely known that if you rattlecan your car you're just fucking poor.
If you have money and you still do it you either do not care what others think or you're fucking ignorant (which is the case here).

Rattlecanned Hondas are especially widespread.

>looks pretty good
lol'd

I feel like I'm missing something it's an alright job but it still looks like you judt used a rattle can and did the whole thing for 200 bucks, it's not even remotely appealing, hell sun damage looks better that rattle can in most cases

So patchy it's just not even funny.

If you liked it, that's great - just preface these opinions with "I thought".

>He didn't RinoLiner his car

Top kek poorfag

Im sorry you're so immature :)

Rattle can jobs like ITT are like those pinups people let some "artists" spray on their car with completely fucked up proportions or that legendary one with the head bent like her neck is broken just because the painter went out of room to paint lol - And for some reason the owners still think it's nice.

let the GF do the painting

As someone who plastidipped (from a can) and thought I did a passable job considering, it's just such a shit finish considering the cost of cans needed per panel.

Most people cheap the fuck out and try to stretch one can as much as they can with minimal (if any) prep and correction. Most of these horrendous jobs would be improved tenfold with just one solid coat of clear on top.

It's not even my car, it's my neighbor's grandson's car, I just thought it would be funny to post it. I came home one day and saw it parked out front and just had to take a picture. The interior is immaculate but the paint looks so fucked.

Good luck entering your car in the blazing summer sun next year.

It looks like shit.

Bedliner is still porous so any rust underneath will continue to spread.

For $100 you could have rented a polisher and tried to cut and clean up the paint, learned a new skill in the process.

I painted my truck with rustoleum 4 years ago. It still holds out well but the whole shitbox is rusting right through.

i have had mine done for years.
i first used plastidip.
then i put multiple brands spray can brush and roll of bed liner on top of the plastidip.
using plastidip as primer is way better than scratching all the paint like they tell you to do.
none of the bed liner ever went bad and after all these years the only bubbles are a few small ones on the plastic front bumper.
i rarely ever have to wash my car.

>look respectable

You look like a rapist.

The only type of car that can pull off the bedliner paintjob perfectly are offroad pre-'00s vans, SUVs, and pickup trucks.

I'd spray paint "She was" right underneath it and keep it like that.

>it was a fun project that definitely made my 20 year old car look respectable again

OP if you want to make it better.
use pic related on it overtop of the shit you already have on it.

Jesus h Christ it was fine why did you ruin it

They look like acceptable budget paint jobs but outdated, like how people did it ten years ago. In 2017 you use Interlux Brightsides marine top paint which still looks different than $1000 paint but is available in a variety of colors, is glossy and unlike matte black cars, most people aren't yet familiar with being as cheap as it is.

not gonna buy anything that proudly display's /pol/ on the label, fag.

Honestly, that looks hella good on the rims, but the body just looks cheap and unfinished as fuck. At least put some clearcoat on that shit

> Interlux Brightsides marine top paint

What do you apply it with?

that finish is easily achievable with rattlecans if you do decent prep

Literally anything including a paint brush. Foam roller is more than adequate

Or you could just use Interlux Brightsides marine top paint and get it done in one coat with little to no prep..

Congrats. It's now worthless. Should've spent money repainting it idiot.

lmao, that only works if you keep blasting Metal in it

LOVE IS OVER, MOTHERFUCKERS

that must be the new keying

>Congrats. It's now worthless.
lmao, as if that Honda wasn't before he did it

he's using the chaos emeralds and gold rings to fly in outer space!

Hey op, just wanted to remind you that your car sucks ass.