they win lemans

> they win lemans
> they ban the motor for being reliable and over powered
> Mazda goes to shit
Now we got domes on wheels

that wing position is banned too

Have seen this irl, sounds amazing.

same happened to ski jumping after Japanese dominated

''wow you actually make a useful car that is fast, and reliable and highly aerodynamic? Fuck it it's banned, here we will let audi dominate with their hybrid domes''

Tbh though I wonder if Mazda will ever return with rotary engines

>> they ban the motor for being reliable and over powered
Not what happened. The motor was already banned the year it competed under the new WSC regs. The ACO only allowed the old Group C cars so that it they will fill up the grid.

>> Mazda goes to shit
They've always been shit. '91 Le Mans was the only race the Mazda Group C program would ever win and it was only because they were allowed to run 400lbs lighter than any other car on the grid. Even after they backed out of WSC and went to IMSA, the RX-792P (which also used the R26B) was just as mediocre as the cars before it.

The only somewhat successful sportscar prototype Mazda ever had was the Dyson Lola-Mazda in the 2011 ALMS which used an MZR-based engine. Other than that, Mazda has been pretty shit. In 2017, they've even dropped out of IMSA halfway through the season because of how bad their DPi was doing.

this

mazda has never been great, and lets face it you all know this car and pic related due to gran turismo 3

Rotary engine in rx mazdas. you'll need a complete rebuild after 70,000-80,000 miles. enjoy your $23,000 car after 2 years into a $3,000 car.

>costs as much as your average timing belt replacement
>takes about as much time
>except you also end up with a nearly brand new engine
Yeah man rotary engines are terrible

>doesn't count because my feelings get hurt

spoken like a true pistoncuck

Hey mate, that was at WTAC in Sydney only a few weekends ago.

And that is the 767, not the 787.

>muh lies
lmao pistoncuck

>> Mazda goes to shit
They were never good to begin with.

fucking why

A timing belt replacement doesn’t cost over $3000.

neither does a rebuild lmao

It wasn't. He's just making stuff up. The wing was perfectly legal even under the new regs.

Learn to drive it you autist.

>rotards are this dumb

wew

a rebuild kit is 500 bucks at the very most. 1000 bucks for a complete overhaul kit. kys.

A timing belt is fiddy bucks, 200 for a full kit including water pump.

Face it rotaries are for weirdo special snowflakes.

I don't even know what Renown is but it's burned into my memory because of this car.

>they were allowed to run 400lbs lighter than any other car on the grid.

came to say this

they only won because the engine was understressed compared to the competition because of this the engine was severely underpowered compared to the competition

shits garbage

Yet another thread of rotard denial to try and defend their garbage engine

iirc, theyre a clothing company
the green and orange comes from one of their argile socks or something

>you can buy them