twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Plenty of space
>Cuts congestion

What the hell, why not?

I don't have a problem with it as long as you do it slowly and carfully

youtu.be/cjtjexSg0SM

It's cool

>califag
>always move over as much as possible whenever possible when I notice a bike lanesplitting behind me
>have fucking yet to get any single one to give me a thumbs up or peace sign or whatever
All i ask is a fucking thank you
Why is that so hard

I have a little 250cc, but I refuse to split on the highway. Only time I'll do it is to cut to the front of a traffic light.

>burgers
We don't allow it. Last I checked it's only legal in one state which is California.

user chill, whats the point of you making it safer for them if you want them to make a meaningless gesture that can possibly put them at more risk?

NZ here. We don't give a fuck because we're not insecure little manlets with out of control insecurities and rationalization.

After thanking 100 cars in the first 5 minutes, it gets a little tedious.
Much like why most riders don't nod/wave to other riders in the CBD. We'd fall off the bloody things.

This

Imagine forcing motorcycles in the traffic during jams, you'd make the jams much bigger than they already are

BUT HE'S NOT WAITING IN LINE! He should wait longer in line like me, because I said so!

I bet these moronic pieces of shit complain about buses taking up 2 car spaces in traffic when they carry the equivalent of 40 car spaces.

Better than having extra cars on the road

>doing the right thing because you want to be thanked for it rather than just doing it because it's the right thing to do

Feels nice living in a country where 9/10 motorists already pull to the left of a lane for filtering and will actively make more room.

I just don't understand how some people think this is some kind of submission game. You're losing literally nothing by giving a bike a smidge more room, as a courtesy. They've already got enough room to split anyway, making it more difficult because you're a pathetically angry person just seems such a chore to uphold.

We're thankful, we just can't physically acknowledge everyone. The fact that we pass you is already showing enough trust in your spacial awareness.

>fuckhugely wide lanes
>INSANE!!!!!!
lel
youtube.com/watch?v=TAVVBjrTu0w

>burgers
>lane splitting
Literally wat? Cali is not the whole U.S. and eurotrash who still think it is should be flogged.

Your shithole union has more lane splitting than the U.S. 49 times over.

This is one of those idiots that gets mad when you change lanes in your car and he stops next to you screams how you shouldn't be driving flips you off breaks your mirror and speeds off. All because hes a blur in your mirror since hes going 70mph in 30mph or slower traffic, that is even if you see him since cars do have blind spots and a reaction time to merge a lane is quick since people will passively/proactively try to block you from entering.

As a motorcyclist, it is my right.

Since I ride a CBF125, it is the only way I can maintain enough of an average speed to be faster than a car.
> Hurr durr tiny engine
Provisional license. Haven't passed my big-boy test yet, and I'm saving for babby's first crotch rocket.

>meaningless gesture that can possibly put them at more risk
This is why the british convention is a nod. Same with greeting other bikers; can't take your hand off the handlebars in a turn, so you nod.

Trips of fucking truth. I never understood people who acts like traffic is a goddamn competition and not something organic we all have to work at, to keep in optimal flow. As long as the bikefags don't blast past me at 70 while I'm standing still or even worse, rolling along at 10, I don't give a fuck. I think most people need therapy for their fucking stress levels.

That's because you ride a 250cc.

You speaking from experience?

Because it's efficient. Why wouldn't you allow it?

Watch youtube, channels like moto madness.

In europe it's legal and encouraged. Otherwise traffic would be even worse.

On the flipside, we have rules so that 16 y/o boiracer can't buy muhh r6 muhh supahsport. Not only are 600cc i4's awful for filtering, most people who use a bike for commuting, myself included, have either a naked bike, supermoto, sport-tour or """allroad""".

Then there's filtering rules a bike passes cars at roughly 10 kph. Say the csrs go 20, then the bike can go 30. If the cars go 50 or up, the bike should merge back in regular lanes.

Aside from that we're nor retarded as fuck like SOME americans who think everyone should make way for them. People appreciate that bikers reduce traffic and plenty of people make way for us. In the Netjerlands, it's illegal to block a filtering motorcycle

I'm a med student, pic related is our motorcycle parking lot. Plenty of physicians and professors ride r1200gs's

Thanks user, even though I'm from the Netherlands. Thank you in doing your part to enable us to reduce traffic

i never rode a bike but friends tell me its a bitch to keep upright for extended periods of time, in a situation like that where you would have to stop and go every 3 seconds i can imagine how tiring it could be, that's why i always make space for em especially those with fuckloads of baggages around the whole bike and themselves.

it doesnt hurt me in any way to slighty go a bit to the right youknow, i'm stuck either way

>Then there's filtering rules a bike passes cars at roughly 10 kph.
Did they change that? When I got my theory about 5 years ago it was 20km/h difference.

That is obviously subjective

No, it's actually a rule.

``Do good, then throw it into the sea.''

Is the thoughtful deed not good enough for you?

>Then there's filtering rules a bike passes cars at roughly 10 kph. Say the csrs go 20, then the bike can go 30. If the cars go 50 or up, the bike should merge back in regular lanes.

No such rule here in britain. Maybe you continentfags need your hands held constantly by your rules, but we don't. Want to do 70MPH through stopped traffic on the motorway? Perfectly legal. Unsafe, sure, but legal.

Yes but it's something almost impossible to measure exactly. 10-20 kmh difference is almost the same

Amerilards don't have common decency

Normal human

>Rolling in traffic
>Bikes cruises along filtering
>"A bike would be good right now"
>Goes on with day

Amerifats

>Rolling in traffic
>Bike cruises past filtering
>REEEEEE SCUM FAGGOT COMMIE FUCKER
>Some dude a couple cars ahead in a bro truck opens a door on biker and slams on the brakes
>lady behind brotruck bumps it because she was too busy texting
>Looks up and sees truk nutz resting on hood
>RAAAAAAAAPE!

And then thats what stops 300,000 vehicles dead in their tracks

I would say that's reckless driving, which is illegal.

That's illegal here though, it'd fall under careless driving, dangerous driving or that wanton and furious driving law we brought back recently.

its unsafe to take your hands off the bars in heavy traffic especially in the most unpredictable position to be riding

I bet you were the only kid on the block who wore a helmet while riding bikes

i bet you were that kid that made up all sorts of bullshit stories that nobody believed anyway

until youve been there you wont understand how badly shit can turn while youre lane splitting or filtering. you might have under a second to react to literally save your life

That's also completely subjective and you'll never get pulled over for it because the police can't catch up. Even their bikes are huge tourers and don't fit.
But it's still a stupid idea.

Sounds like your friends can't into creeping with a bike. It's a skill that is (or should be) taught at driving school because it's essential for slow traffic and parking lots. It's usually easy to spot noobs if they have to keep their bike up with their legs at creeping speeds. Slow driving skills usually tells a lot how comfortable a rider is with his bike and how well he can handle it.

Anyways, keeping a bike up isn't tough at all. In my case the only annoying thing about slow traffic is that my clutch is a bit stiff and my fingers get tired, especially at the start of the season but I get used to it during the summer.

Why would anyone given even a single fuck about bikes doing completely normal bike stuff?

I bet you were the kid that lost his shift key. Seriously, use proper grammar

>All i ask is a fucking thank you
>Why is that so hard
You can approach things in three ways. One is to have a generally positive outlook and believe people appreciate things. Or you can be neutral and not care because you are depending on the law of averages to have all good deeds mingle together to subtly improve everyones' experiences on the roadway as a whole. Or you can be negative and wonder if you are helping out an ungrateful cuck or asshole instead of hindering them.

I admit, I want to hinder assholes. But I don't want to hinder nice people. Since good people are the endangered species and there is no lack of assholes, I generally don't hinder while driving since that would end up with the occasional throwing out the baby with the bathwater situation.

>Amerilards don't have common decency
Most of us actually do. But our society is highly diverse and full of people who naturally break the law.

>at the start of the season
Summer only biker, huh? Wuss.

>why do burgers and aussies allow this?
lol, you enjoy getting cucked and wait like a car.

Here in Israel you allowed to lane split, but even better, police will turn a blind eye when you ride on the right shoulder when there is a lot of traffic and in appropriate speed.

Riding in the right shoulder is even safer when you don't drive fast but still passing cars

kek, so true.
Only in america you see people getting mad because a motorcycle passed them in a lane split.

10/10. Saw this happen minus the nuts in Norfolk.

> Wanton and Furious

British F&F spinoff when?

>driving in SF in a tunnel
>hear bike
>give him some room
>he waves
>as soon as he waves someone drifts into the other lane in front of him
>he starts to brake with one hand still off
>comes about an inch away from stuffing it into the car next to him

I get waves all the time though, you must be in LA

The United States of people speeding up and cutting you off if you try to pass them on an empty highway.

>you must be in LA
Fucking wish
Was sitting with my dad in LA traffic and every single guy who passed us in the HOV lane going ~30 gave us a wave (well except one guy in a fat ass cruiser with FUCK CAGERS on his helmet)
I'm in OC, never seen a single biker here give an acknowledgement to anyone.
At least they're not assholes though

It lowers road accidents.
one of the biggest causes of motorcycle crashes in Australia was cars running up their arse in stop start traffic and it has been proven that lane splitting just about removes this danger.

This, it is basically a result of public healthcare.
people not dying on the road suddenly starts being in everyones best interest when it starts costing normal people money.

>In the USA
>Been driving for an hour on this same highway with cruise control on with barely anyone around
>Some one in a minivan comes right up my ass
>Swerving back and forth in the 9'6" lane
>Comes up along side
>Guy's mouth is flapping away at 80 clicks and he is making a million hand gestures
>He floors it and gets in my lane
>Slams on the brakes
>We come to a near stop
>He rockets off into the distance never to be seen again
>This is before I come across some guy in a 21 foot dry van swerving across all three lanes as if he was making a statement.

Atlanta, Georgia

I have no idea why

whenever a retard thinks of lanesplitting i scoot closer to the line so they can't do it or they risk getting pancaked

insecure virgin detected

most of the world allows it

I did it when I rode a motorcycle in Japan. I think it is safer for the biker. Since it gives you more control over where you can be. It also cuts down travel time in congestion by at least half.

whenever a retard scoots over to try and stop me lane splitting a throw a hand full of broken spark plugs at his windows smashing all of them.

>r1200gs's
dat flat twin

Lulz. Where do you store the spark plugs? I've been thinking of doing it with pennies to Nott be such a scumbag and save it for THOSE times.

Storytime:
Lane splitting on 405 carefully minding my own business
Some Tesla cuts me off, illegally crossing double yellows.
Honk at time like wtf
Then some idiot in a Tesla in front of him somehow gets angered either by my honks or my Lane splitting.
I literally see him swerve at me as I try to attempt to pass him.
Wtf
Throw the wtf hand gestures at him and flip both of them off.
Ride away

Although I have been known to fold a mirror or two ;)
Just folded a Tesla mirror and either a Maserati or an Aston Martin last week. Those mirrors fold so easily. Faggot shouldn't have cut me off over a double yellow. I don't care if there cars are 80k plus. They can try to catch me or try to read my plates. :p

because its been proven numerous times that it increases the flow of traffic and is safer for motorbike riders.
why doesn't the USA allow it?

In my country bikers thank people by extending their left leg

The best states do :^)

Until someone suddenly changes lanes and kills the idiot.

It takes zero effort to keep a bike upright.

because it's practically unenforceable. only other motorcycle cops could catch up to them, and only if they also lane split.

That implies they don't do it all the time themselves.

>be big boi aussie
>get provisional bike license
>have to be on it for like 2 years or some shit before i can lanesplit on my opens

what the fricko

>why doesnt the USA allow it?
Because literally half of all motorcyclists in the US are boomer cuckolds on their financed Harleys or turbosquids on their financed gixxers, neither of which are driving with a motorcycle endorsement or insurance

>600cc i4 bikes are bad for filtering
>but huge ass sport tourers and adventure bikes aren't
Idiot detected.

ADV bikes are pretty good for filtering. They have tight turning circles, you have a good view around you, with you being higher up.
The sport tourers usually also have pretty tight turning circle.
600s have the turning circle of a boat and they're low down. They're great for twisties and the track, not for filtering.

Also because our throttle hand faces the opposite lane.
Easy for american's because they can use their free hand for an easy finger or wave.

>inna NZ
>lanesplitting on motorway in heavy congestion
>car next to mebis v clearly upset with me lanesplitting
>throws his coffee out the window at me
>flies across in front of me and splats on the windscreen of another now very angry driver
>coffee windscreen car starts chasing down coffee throwing car, cussing and swearing at him

It's illegal but tolerated in many yurop countries. Everybody does it.

I live in the north. It starts snowing at late October. I usually ride to as late as possible so unless you regularly commute in +1 C, don't call me a wuss.

Ya in a lot of U.S. states getting caught lane splitting falls under reckless driving which can land you in jail.