/twg/ - Total War General

Charlemagne Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What era of CHINA history is best for TOTAL WAR?

History and fantasy living in harmony against all animeposters.

Why are these strategy game generals so much more friendly and fun than all other generals?

None. Asians have no history.

Words can hurt, user.

The one where they wear the gold hershy's kisses hats with the red tassels.

Is ot safe to say that the new historical DLC will be Alexander's campaign for Rome 2?

The games design shuns meta following, competitive wanna be 12 year olds who shit up everything around them.
plus the autists remaining who have the desire to win and savescum are second class citizens compared to the narrative focused, screen posting patricians.

Neah. Asians have no feelings, so it's okay.

Vikings for Attila are also possible. Might be anything, really

Do I make Louen a yellow skill lord or a red skill lord?

This + no anime posters and no waifu bullshit make for great general threads.

We are all very certain it is DLC for Rome 2
It shall be a Hot Surprise when it turns out to be DLC for Empire: Total War

Yellow. Dude is a monster if made yellow, moreso than Franz

We're all escapists so our worst autism gets poured into creative writing about our campaigns.

I'd be okay with that if it was a prelude to Empire 2: Not Shit This Time. I can dream.

>inb4 they make a franco-prussian war campaign for Napoleon

;^)

>implying it won't be a boshin war dlc for shogun

really the correct answer. regular releases allow us not to stagnate also.
yes, we must remain ever vigilant of the anime menace

>implying anyone would care about that

How do you artify screenshots?

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

I don't know unfortunately, not my image. I imagine some filter of some imaging program.
It is quite nice though. The sword clipping through the shield really adds to the charm.

So, who's the very best Lord in battle in TWW?

Khazrak?
Louen?
Mannfred?
Vlad?
Franz?
Glombrindal?
Orion?
Durthu?

Napoleon

Mannlet wins again.

Durthu is the best overall combat model.
Mannfred is the best strictly 1v1 lord with a decent amount of utility and the most value you can get on a model.
Vlad has the most broken campaign ability by far.

>doesnt say this note is legal tender for all DLC

>People bitch about power creep
>Mannlet is still one of the stronger if not the strongest lords. Even after several nerfs

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wow. Louen can actually kill fleeing lords unlike clunky Karl.

Anyway. Anybody take devastating charge for lords? I heard here that it's like a 30 second buff and would add 30 damage for 30 seconds. That's quite a lot.

Fixed

Armour and charge bonus are the best ones for Lords.

>Is ot safe to say that the new historical DLC will be Alexander's campaign for Rome 2?
Lolwut, no. The art they released was very British.

I hope to god its not R2 though. Attila is a far better base game for DLC.

Oh dang. I've been doing the exact opposite. I figured they had enough armor and would do better with melee defense.
Melee attack to hit with all that damage and defense to dodge.

Did you defend the smile today /twg/ ?

>that fucking grass
I hope I get to live to 60 when the graphics of Witcher are in TW

But by that time that'll be considered ugly, too.

How many Charlemagnes do you think it cost them to forget to animate Kroq-Gar?

>you will never live to play a game with 100% graphically and actual realistic grass that grows in real time
>you will never play a video game in 2200 and come back to it in 2210 and see the gameworld has become overrun in vegetation in a 1:1 accurate simulation
>you will never discover your waifu getting eaten by grass because you forgot to feed her
Why even live

The art could be from one of the two historical games in development though.

I would say 0.2

Hes a bipedal unit with comparable units, meaning the cost of his production is less than that of a unique unit since his animations can be borrowed and tweaked for other units

Im interested to see how good the Hydra is though, its by far the most complicated unit in Warhams. We're looking at a good 1 Charlemagne or maybe even more for that unit if they do a good job.

>The art could be from one of the two historical games in development though.
No, they said its the major DLC for the historical game

I know the game is still months away from release but you think that by the time the big Lizardmen gameplay reveal was good to go they would have bothered animating Kroq-Gar on top of Grymloq

>they would have bothered animating Kroq-Gar on top of Grymloq
He was moving a lot more on the campaign map, maybe they just got it finished

Yeah, that's what it looked like. Fingers crossed. I wouldn't put it past CA to botch something like that.

>I wouldn't put it past CA to botch everything
fixed

If you want quality control you're going to have to pay up son.

fuck you charlemagne your campaign was a SHIT

>we're going to have to endure 8 more weeks of reddit rat ritual garbage before they actually reveal anything

>when you love skaven and people are ruining them
fug

fuckin rat bastards

Who ruining them?

youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Just cause im curious what do people here run as their front line melee infantry for The Empire? I cant decide between greatsword or halberd. Although overall i think my army comp for them is shit. I just cant decide what the hell to go with.

Also why am i getting that doom tide message every turn. Its been going on for the last 10-15 turns or so.

>tfw no sci-fi TW

I liked it.

Holy F U C K!
Does anybody know what causes the "Set formation" button in TW:W to disappear when I try to hover over it?
Usually if I click off all of my units, select one, then select them all again it works. But now I can't set formations at all. I just want to work off of the basic fucking archers in the back. God damn.

>just finished watching Kagemusha

Looks like I will be playing a Takeda campaign

Looks interesting, good film?

>tfw no modern film with huge amount of extras and grand scale

>good film?

I definitely thought so

>Continuing from last night

It's turn 31, Carthago has fallen and the counter attack on Akragas fended off.

Legio II is preparing to sail north and capture Corsica and Sardinia, while Legio V heads south to take the rest of Africa.

Such an insult will not go unanswered, Epirus is given a season to remove this army from Italian soil, otherwise, the Republic will be forced to declare war.

In the middle east things are slow but steady. An Ethiopian tribe has been subjugated, Egyptian armies are broken but Seleucids reinforcement prevents any expeditions.

IMO it's 20% longer than it needs to be. Fun film tho

When will a High Elves trailer be released? I want pointy hats.

If I attack this army, will the pope still get pissed? They're besieging me for fuck's sake.

Yes, he'll get pissed if you sit next to it until it attacks, he'll also get pissy if you defend.

>shingen gets the bloodthirsty trait after the first battle

oh boy

Dog bless the pope.

>You get bonus chivalry for heroic victories!
>Win a fucking ambush.
The Red Duke's army was the one I fought first. Full stack. I figured I'd charge my knights right into the zombies and whatever else and it worked. They crumble in like a minute. Red duke dies. They don't even get to my trebs because my pegasus knights were in the back.
The garrison comes with the whatever army, the undead monster leader. They're a little tougher since they come from on top of the hill. They have black knights and crypt ghouls. Now my archers are lined up to start taking shots wherever they please.
> C L O S E V I C T O R Y
Go fuck yourself. I just beat Mousillon on turn 21. I even lost the first fight against them.

Fantastic idea m8

Psst.
You can take Milan out by like turn 5.
Pope don't give a FUCK about Milan.
Just send your diplomat to Rome and offer 200 ducats for 100 turns. It gets you 1 cross about every other turn.

Principes swarm through the breach

Bless you, user. You deserve a better computer than that.

look who dropped by to say hello!

>Has Katana cav.
>Army mostly ashigaru.
>Not half archers.
What went wrong?
At least it's defense. Easy pickings.
Post dead rugs with arrows sticking out at the bottom of your walls.

The king of Greece complied with Roma ultimatum only to make a mockery of it in Autumn, prompting an immediate declaration of war. Roma Italian fleet best a nearby greek one, this engagement will mark the very first one on Roman soil, a new front is open on a very, very long war.

Legio 1 will proceed to loot Patavium and abandon it to proceed into Illyria and liberate a tribe in Jader to start eroding Epiros center of power.

Meanwhile, the middle east remains a constant deadlock with Seleucid armies forcing the legions to be conservative.

Help me Goblin Slayer!

I learned 2 things from this battle
>light cav are utterly worthless
>the ai is really good at screening anything you sally out with

>What went wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean

before hl3 but after bannerlord comes out

Do you think CA should add fortress gate battles to the old world? If so, where?

Only place it really makes sense is Ekrund and maybe some dwarf capitals

No, they dont exist there

Turn Black Fire Pass into a pseudo gate.

Most of the passes between Empire and the Frechies, most of teh passes through the World's Edge, etc.

I don't know though, since CA will find a way to fuck things up.

Yeah fog battles are gross

In other news, the garrison army at Carthago left to stamp out a rebellion and returned to find the city under siege.

The Romans may not be able to keep them off the walls but they should be able to push them out of the city.

>since CA will find a way to fuck things up.
A feature that they never said was going to apply to any settlement in the old world?

I just wish they would make proper city/town battle maps. Taking or defending a settlement in Atilla was fucking fun. Cities and settlements in Warhams are a travesty and severely unfun. It feels lacking.

The Rorarii protect the slingers as they set up to fire on the men at the base of the ladders.

>takeda bonus is just slightly better versions of some of the worst units in the game

oh boy can't wait for another campaign of yari walls/bow monks

The last of the men defending the walls have fallen. Luckily a full unit of reinforcing swordsmen has just arrived.

This? Like honestly the one wall thing isn't even that bad but the maps are so fucking small and the siege mechanics are so bare bones. I don't even care if it's all got cookie cutter layout just add in that variety.

I'm also disappointed by the lack of faction specific defenses and siege engines, it's a huge missed opportunity.

>I'm also disappointed by the lack of faction specific defenses and siege engines, it's a huge missed opportunity.

No kidding
>Dwarf towers shoot explosives as expected
>Empire towers shoot explosives as expected
>Brettonian towers shoot explosive cow carcasses bc cookie cutter
>Greenskin towers shoot explosive dung bc cookie cutter
>Vampire towers shoot explosive bug lamps bc cookie cutter
>Welfs don't have towers and actually have an original concept in defense maps that utilize advantageous terrain

By Sigmar, how horrifying

Unfortunately I wasn't given the option to continue the battle after the enemy broke, so he got away with a few intact units.

Still, a fantastic performance from an almost non-existent garrison and shitty half stack.

why did your greatswords do so poorly

also; nice fucking battle

Wrecked by rock lobbers and a bunch of trolls

>No Orc siege towers with great wrecking balls to clear the walls before dropping the ramp
>No siege towers with extra tall wonky towers that provide ranged support to men assaulting the wall
>No miners with Steam Drills
>No boiling oil or cranes to drop stones on enemies below the gates/walls
>Dwarf Karaks are as easy to beat as any other city
>No extra large streets or courtyards so Bretonnians can make good use of their cav during street fighting
>No units that make use of climbing ropes for fast infiltration
>Spider rides can't climb walls

I mean I'm just throwing crap to the wall and I get making games is hard but come on. This is your chance to go balls to the wall over the top here.