So what did you do this weekend on your shitbox ?

So what did you do this weekend on your shitbox ?

>painted the wheels and emblems on my POS 100€ diesel citroen, did the alignement, ditched the broken tow hook (60lbs weight reduction)

It's still a shitbox but now it looks like a joke which I like

Is that some sort of weird euro foxbody mustang?

It's a weird french car on hydropneumatic suspension

I thinks it looks quite nice (apart from the wheels ofc)

putain du merde

There are almost no good BX-es left here, such a shame I like the car a lot.

yeah, that's too bad. They often reach 800 000+km if the hydraulics are well taken care of... This has not been the case with mine, I did a ton of work on it (425 000km) for it to be able to run OK

the motor is still awful strong though

I put winter tires on my Audi A4 which I'm going to drive through the winter.

It's funny how you managed to reply to OP w/o having read his post.

cleaned

also wanted to put on winter tires but didn't.

is this a quattro ?

Also I did absolutely nothing but drive it 200km and fill up the tank with petrol.

The diesels are bulletproof.
A friend of mine owned one, drove it for 20 000km on transformer oil instead of diesel and did absolutely nothing but the regular maintenance.
I like it because of the styling, it's extremely lightweight and was available as with 4x4.

yo what yo prodlum kid whats yo broadloom kid

yeah... it's the same weight as my NA miata while having a shitton of space
It might need a fresh clutch soon though.

I need to stop buying crap cars kek

Nonsense, the BX is a cool car to have

My shitbox didnt breakdown over the week. Im so proud of it

yeah, I had a 150€ Volvo 740 before that one, and the BX IS a better car. It still need fresh new front spheres for that comfiness...

Fuel economy is just great, I do 1200km with one fuelup (65 liters)

which engine is that ?

congrats user

That's my friend's BX that he ran on transformer oil, the engine is XUD9

painted the fender and rear panel blue but i dont have a pic so i made it in photoshop instead

Wait what? He used transformer oil as fuel or lube!? Isnt there horrible chemicals in xformer oil?

>transformer oil
like just straight up mineral oil? the absolute madman.

Oh, its a diesel ? guess I'm retarded
mine has a turbo-intercooled XUD7...

with the bosch injection system and a fuel heater you're good to go even with recycled fry oil

Yep, as fuel, it does work well on older diesel engines.
The problem is that used transformer oil isn't something readily available to people, but he had a guy who sold it to him for cheap.

noice

It's funny how you munch dicks

>it's the same weight as my NA miata

Is it diesel?

yup
1000kgs for you
thanks plastic hood and trunk

I looked down upon my shitter out the window, wishing I could afford a new battery and ECU.

Neat. I thought hydro suspension in itself weighs quite a lot.

Changed front stabilisers in my Grande Punto. Vid related is what I took out of the car.

Watched the service counter go to 0

Oil and filter change is overdue but I've got no time between my job and my grandfather's health deteriorating

not really, it's just a pump, and copper hoses.
The shocks themselves weights less than a spring+shock assembly...

wew lad
handling must be a bit better now, heh ?

that's just sad

It's just a pump, a few pressure valves, a few receivers the size of an orange, and a bunch of thin metal pipes. Oh, and it needs no springs in the suspension. The total weight of all hydraulic stuff is like 60 pounds.

Yea it feels a bit better, but what is the most important the banging noise on bumps is gone.
When I got this car few months ago, I replaced entire front suspension except for stabilisers that were in good condition.
Looks like 3 months of driving with all-new suspension killed old stabilisers.

Swapped front and rear tires, continued to look for the source of my front end squeak to no avail, got some rust off of calipers and hubs

I had the same banging noise but it was the inner tie rods that were shot.

Same play in them as in your video... scary stuff
sqeak in the suspension ?

Replaced the rear brake pads and one of the calipers because it was sticking and I couldn't be bothered rebuilding it, then gave it a wash and wax.

>squeak in the suspension ?
It's a squeak when I turn left at like 15mph or above. Know for a fact it isn't tie rods, ball joints, or wheel bearings. I'm thinking it's sway bar related, but I have some further investigation to do when I get the time. Thankfully I have another no-issues vehicle to drive.

stabiliser bar bushes?

The hydraulics on those old Citroens are pretty simple design-wise.
Their bad rap is due to the fact that when you have a bunch of 30-year-old parts pressurized to 1000 psi, something's inevitably gonna fuck up; and when one valve or cylinder fucks up, pressure will drop and the main pump and pressure regulator will be getting worn out at a rate 10 times normal; and if you miss that happening, you'll have to overhaul the entire thing.

Yes I think it's either the bushings or the end links on them. Pretty much has to be at this point

yep. also, leaks.

That's quite easy to check. you could drop both end links to see if there's still the noise

Yeah I'll figure it out here shortly. I may just grease/lube parts one by one until I find the culprit.

Wiped the bird shit from driver's window

> all posts have replies except for the soul and a
passion guys

Had a very successful junkyard run.

>'03 Impreza seat swap
>full set of alloys w/new tires
>$125 total

Also installed some knockoff STI mud flaps.

nice find