guess I can come

where's your car though faggot

I'm gonna get me one of those as a project car some day

There

/fag/

Huehuehue

this title hurts my feelings

Little story
We had this 307sw which had several electricital problems. The turbo got short circuit, and the fan of the radiator sometimes didnt stop after turning off the car. Also, once something got faulty and when you turned on the blinkers the stop light would blink and the windscreen washer would turn on on every blinkling.

307 are awful cars in every aspects
sometimes I hate the 206 for having such a success with its feline design

thankfully they finally ditched the awful design language with their last 308, which looks great imo

the 307 1.0 was the worst peugeot ever, especially with its HDI engines.

The 308 was a step forward but it was still fuckhueg...

It's only since the 208 that the cars are lighter again.

and also, since we're talking about electrical issues, does anyone have a megane 1 or 2 here ?

I want to get a bx in the uk
Is this a bad idea?

nah
but it might be a good idea to pick it up in France, so you don't end up with an overpriced rusty one...
For 500€ you'll have a correct one in France, look how much they cost on ebay.uk...

Hey, guys!
Are french cars still horrible unreliable shitpiles or have they stepped up the game, can you drive 250k kilometres with ease?

If you buy it new yes, if you buy it used from a shady dealership and it's supposed to be at only 109 000km or something like that then it's already done 250 000km and you're in for a bad time.

Help me br/o/s, i can pick up a 405 MI16 for 500e, anybody got any experiences with them, looking to use one as a DD, owner says its in a pretty good condition

Pic related

245k Kilometres, regular maintenance, no Major Faults only small electric nigglets.
Lovely little car.

they finally copy germans, and their first good looking car...

Do eeeeet

405's are comfy as hell

hell if you're not going to drive it, swap a 205 with this engine

Is Peugeot 504 Dangel a good off-roader?

Comes only second to a 505 Dangel

Why are modern French cars so fucking shite?

I know that 205 gtis are coffins by them selves, i can only imagine one having a mi16 engine

because jeremy clarkson said so.

The SM is my dream car, as I know I will never be able to truly own one

the owner of a garage I used to park my bike had one. his son blew the headgasket, and I gave a hand pulling the motor (he took the chance to do a full rebuild). It normaly takes 12 to 16 hours for TRAINED CITROEN MECHANICS...

the engine bay is truly a nightmare. Hydraulics everywhere. (you know, self adjusting headlights ? cool feature, right ? The one from the SM were... yeah, hydraulically actuated. a NIGHTMARE

>dream car
The SM is a beautiful car but Alpine is the dream car of all french car lover.

The ranault laguna design has aged really well

>The turbo got short circuit
The turbo is a mechanical part you know? There is no electricity involved.

>the fan of the radiator sometimes didnt stop after turning off the car
When the engine is too warm, it is normal.

>the electronic didn't

>59
Cul terreux
"Ben ouais heeiiin"

Yeah the driver door power window is fucked.

i recently had a BX in the UK but it was left hand drive so I gave it away, want another one though

>French auto general
>/fag/
Oh fuck the irony

Anyone here with a 1998 to 2004 Renault with a 16v 1.2L that loses power at low speeds/1st and 2nd gears?

Seems to be a problem of the wiring harness loom that literally rests on top of the fucking engine, has anyone replaced the wiring harness? Its cheap stuff at around 50 euros, but just by looking at it I can tell this will be a fucking headache or near impossible if I ever choose to do it. Otherwise I'll find a way to sell my Twingo.

Those are reliable as fuck. Even if that one was mistreated I'd do it for 500€.

>american engine
EX series : V8 Chyrsler Hemi 392ci (very rare)
EX1 series : V8 Chrysler 361ci
EX2 series : V8 Chrysler 383ci

that garage looks tight my man

Too bad its considered to be the worst french car of that era. You can get a low-ish mileage one here for peanuts.

what is the best Citroen of 21st century?

Probably C5, or C6 because they still had hydro suspension.

Thanks man, do you know about something i should pay attention when i test drive it?

Should I buy the new Renault Twingo, the Citroen C1 or the Peugeot 108?
I'm a student poorfag btw.

Another question: Is Renault the more sporty french car manufacturer?

get a previous gen c1/107/toyota Aigo
really practical if you're a city guy
otherwise get something bigger and older because these aren't comfortable for a long drive
also yes

No you shouldn't.

Elle me manque, ma vieille ZX.

Citroën XM 12 valve V6 with Diravi and 420k km on the clock, yay or nay for 2500€ as a DD?

Personally prefer my luxury to be German, just like my everything else, but that XM was clean as shit and seemed to be decently maintained.
Currently own an E38 750i, owned an E32 750i as my DD so I doubt anything the XM is going to throw at me will be too much for me to handle.
Have a bit of experience with Citroëns, my old man had an V6 Xantia and a pre-facelift VTS Xsara, worked on an first gen C5 a few times myself and know that the hydropneumatic system is a bitch to maintain but not all that hard once you know what you're doing. Those "tits", the huge iron tanks apparently have a tendency to explode at times.

the pre-facelift has
the post-facelift looked humongous from the start and now looks fucking old

this
pic is group 4 version

Currently driving a new 508 for work. Previously worked with a Laguna 3, which is utterly disgusting, a Megane, and a C5. I've never been in a more comfortable car, shame they discontinued it and haven't really replaced it with anything. That hydro suspension is heaven.

get it if decent priced and looking good. Check the hydraulics work properly and good to go.

>59
Ben ouais mais din ch'Nord tu continueras d'en voir heiiin

i wish so bad this car was actually good
it's got such a nice classic look

I can find pic related appealing...

...but not its normal version.

2007 Twingo here. Good luck.

>A fucking MI16 for 500€
Don't even think, just take it. Parts are cheap enough.

Check around the strut towers for rust, where the spheres are. I know these are supposed to be galvanized, but i had a xantia that didnt have any noticable rust on it, and one day the sphere and the whole strut just when through the hood.

Otherwise comfy af cars

2002 twingo here, I have that problem. Does the 2007?

If my 5piston renault wasn't so hard to get parts for (shipping > part cost on every part) I would've kept it.

My only input as a western US 2nd car I've owned as a youth. That was half my life ago, weird.

Did anybody notice the flying car in Blade Runner 2049 is a fucking Peugeot?

>poorfag
>models all less than 10 years old
fuck off, you don't know what poverty looks like

Probably, they use the same engines( has a D4F)

its not a engine problem. its a harness and/or ECU problem.

>triggered portuguese man detected