How come the american version failed so badly?

How come the american version failed so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJNr7DJktGU
youtube.com/watch?v=J5tY118uI1M
theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/cwd-hosts-truck-has-mini-back-seats-no-air-conditioning/article639971/forms/?arc404=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obviously because Americans are the best drivers out there.

Because we all suck at driving

Why do we want a reality TV show that purposely endangers the public?

Because all of our TV production is crap. Like seriously, 99% of it. These guys have a good host and a good team, so it works.

the show would imply america has good drivers

Because they gave new cars to everyone but the very last entrant.

All but one hour of Canada's Worst Driver happens on a closed race circuit, and that hour is spent simply driving there, something that any license holder should be able to do, but in North America apparently there are countless drivers who can't even manage basic driving.

Is haveeggsinstead or whatever his name was gonna livestream the new episodes this year again? I was legit looking forward to it but he hadn't made a thread last week

youtube.com/watch?v=oJNr7DJktGU

You should see her on the show. Even worse than this audition tape

because American reality tv is fucking horrible. I would rather watch commercials.
youtube.com/watch?v=J5tY118uI1M

Oh god.

Thank the lords she was named CWD that season.

>krystal was so bad she got picked over a guy with brain damage and a drinking problem
wew lad

women, dude.

Not just that season, but Canada's worst driver ever

>How come the american version failed so badly?
Because the USA version suffers from the poisonous USA legal environment. A reality TV show cannot depict reality without getting lawsuits for racial discrimination. So that highly unreal USA show ended up depicting an unrealistic part of american society and incurred the animosity of the american TV audience.

At least the guy garnered sympathy. Not so much fat Velma and her "millennial" behavior.

Because the Canadian version is focused on education and all the other English-speaking ones are focused on entertainment.

Not that it's not entertaining, but it's a productive kind of entertaining. I think if you sat a room full of people down to watch it they'd all come out as better drivers.

This really

Season 13 is out. Why don't we live stream it anymore like the earlier seasons?

Because the drivers in the American version were actually bad.

>come out as better drivers
No kidding, cwd made me a better driver. The ice skid and parallel parking challenges are easy to learn from.

>tfw parked for the first time since my test a week ago with two people behind me and did it in ten seconds flat perfectly

It's a good feel.

Is there a good place to watch it? I've got a torrent of 1-12 (with fucked up audio in one season and one episode missing in another I think) but I haven't been able to find anything better.

>implying there aren't disgustingly awful ones in the Canadian one

>Episode 2: "Look Here"

>Original airdate: October 30, 2017

OH SHIT NIGGER

I'd watch it. This feels like the only place that talks about it, and I found it because youtube pointed me to the first episode of season 8.

theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/cwd-hosts-truck-has-mini-back-seats-no-air-conditioning/article639971/forms/?arc404=true

/ourguy/

If anyone is offering to set up a stream, I'd be in

I always found him charming as a host, he's a really cool guy and seems more genuine than most reality TV hosts

It's because he actually wants these people to become better, safer drivers while teaching people how to drive properly

Watched this show for years on Discover Canada and they legit had so much neat advice that came in handy when first learning how to drive

Seconded. I'd do it myself but I can't computer

Have you got a good quality copy of the new episodes? Best I've been able to find is 480p on shady Russian sites, but I don't have access to any private trackers to check.

Only one from the new season has aired so far. The second one I believe is gonna air tonight at 10

some seasons are on netflix, and you can always watch it on youtube

STREAM NOW
STREAM NOW
STREAM NOW
twitch DOT tv/haveeggsinstead

bump

>missed it

fuck

Anyone got a link to EO2 somewhere to watch now?

Youtube maybe?

You can't claim the TV shows endangers the public by having bad drivers on public streets when the state authorized those drivers to drive on the streets by giving them licenses.

This. The only time they use the public roads on the show is one drive at the start and one at the end, with zero strings attached to either.

Except for the scavenger hunt they did in the first season, iirc. It's still just normal driving, and all the drivers are licensed and insured.

There have been quite a few times during the show they've done public road challenges. Also since the show actually isn't fake and takes place at a genuine driver rehab facility, whoever the certified driving instructor on the panel is at the time actually gives the contestants numerous off camera driving sessions on public roads. They also provide them with reading material like the driver's handbook. They mention all this in season 11 and/or 12 but I'm too lazy to watch through everything again to find it

>The one with the least technical problems graduated

So any bets on how long until he reverts?

>When the state authorized those drivers to drive on the streets by giving them licenses.

The fact that some of the contestants got their licenses despite they really shouldn't is quite telling

- One of them bribed the examiner
- One of the contestants in this year's show ran a red light and still passed IIRC
- Got the license back despite not medically sound
- Committed enough HTA (or whatever equivalent) offences that the license should have been revoked

>mfw multiple women in the past saying they passed by flirting with the examiner

People need to stop thinking with their dicks.